AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 03:13   Link #4021
Justin_Brett

They didn't have the swordsman make a cartoon 'OH NO' expression moments before he did, though, and afterward it didn't go THIS IS NOW PLAYED FOR DRAMA, REGARDLESS OF WHAT CAME BEFORE OR AFTER.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 03:19   Link #4022
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
They didn't have the swordsman make a cartoon 'OH NO' expression moments before he did, though, and afterward it didn't go THIS IS NOW PLAYED FOR DRAMA, REGARDLESS OF WHAT CAME BEFORE OR AFTER.
Exactly. If that 'flailing as they aim' and the following scene was supposed to be funny, I ain't laughing. Even Hiromu Arakawa's grim humor, as can be seen in some places on FMAlchemist, was nowhere as out-of-place as this.
Old 2011-09-01, 03:21   Link #4023
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Does the next frame even have anything to do with the body? I'm lacking context here due to my inability to Japanese, but it doesn't look like they're playing the dead body for drama in my eyes. More like "confirmation they shot him, moving on."

Because, you know, you have to make it really, really clear when Hucks kill someone.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 03:23   Link #4024
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Spoiler:
Like this?

Quote:
Spoiler:
Translation (There are... differences between China Chinese and the sort I'm used to, so I wouldn't put mine above 75%):
"Someone's lying. Caled is clearly one of the groups involved, but are still pretending to be the good guys."
"Kekeke... This boss is a great liar."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I'm more interested in knowing how the heroes plan to execute non-lethal takedowns at all. I don't think mass accelerators can be set to STUN, and not everybody has MCA to tase them
That's easy, ask Adam Jensen. =/

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 03:24   Link #4025
Justin_Brett

Well the panel and such makes me think it's going 'oh no, he killed someone on-screen!", but maybe it's just that the artist actually bothered drawing for it instead of doing it chibi-style.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 03:29   Link #4026
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Because, you know, you have to make it really, really clear when Hucks kill someone.
They didn't need to have their target cartoonishly begging for his life like as shown in the previous page. In fact, it would have been far more effective that way - properly draw his face in fear, then BLAM!

The former owner of Strosek already got NTR'd (seriosly, the guy who posted the images used that term) anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Haven't played yet, so you're gonna have to elaborate...
Old 2011-09-01, 03:53   Link #4027
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
They didn't need to have their target cartoonishly begging for his life like as shown in the previous page. In fact, it would have been far more effective that way - properly draw his face in fear, then BLAM!

The former owner of Strosek already got NTR'd (seriosly, the guy who posted the images used that term) anyway
True, it'd have been more dramatic if they didn't go the cartoonish round. But on the flipside, if they hadn't shown the body, people would be claiming they "only aimed their weapons and didn't really shoot."

The body was simply confirmation that they actually shot. Whether the joke was funny... well, that'll depend on the translation for me. For now, I'm grinning as I remember Indy.

But meh, humor is subjective anyway.

Quote:
It's a joke. Non-lethal takedowns are what a certain type of sneak attack is called.

It generally involves punching someone in the head, throwing them against walls, flipping them over and knocking them down, choking them until they lose consciousness or breaking their arm twice before slamming them in the head.
Old 2011-09-01, 04:30   Link #4028
Dark Wing

The only thing that comes to mind after seeing that page is a scene from a zombie move...

The only way to really take out an infected is to shoot them in the head...
Old 2011-09-01, 04:39   Link #4029
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
I think its funny. It kinda reminds me about the Indiana Jones "guns VS swords" scene. Death played for laughs.

Also shows how casual the Hucks are about killing. No super moral "only when absolutely necessary" stuff. Just "you said/did something we don't like. *bang*"

Moral hypocrisy, ho!
There's a bit of Tarantino squeaky humour in this scene to me.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 04:42   Link #4030
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
At least, there is another black comedy in Nanoha.
Old 2011-09-01, 06:17   Link #4031
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Very likely. I wonder who this new Strosek is?
She is probably another cute mute girl, like Lily. And her name is something flowery (src: NEXT 12); dibs on "Rose". I don't think she has any personality to speak of; it'll have to develop first once she finds a better master. I've seen people mistreated like that: they are usually too scared to even think for themselves.

The probability of her becoming Veyron's Reactor now is very high. After all, this series has a tendency to pit opponents with similar powers against each other and Thoma has been pitted mainly against Veyron and Nanoha thus far. Right now, he is a TSAB recruit, so his nemesis seems to be Veyron after all...
Old 2011-09-01, 06:49   Link #4032
Zero Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
She is probably another cute mute girl, like Lily. And her name is something flowery (src: NEXT 12); dibs on "Rose". I don't think she has any personality to speak of; it'll have to develop first once she finds a better master. I've seen people mistreated like that: they are usually too scared to even think for themselves.
Does this mean all Strosek have floral theme naming? First, Lily. Then, "Rose". So what else? Azalea-Strosek? Camelia? Daisy? Freesia?

But I think it's obvious that there are two characteristics of Stroseks:

1. Has a taciturn nature, but cute.
2. Has a floral theme naming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
The probability of her becoming Veyron's Reactor now is very high. After all, this series has a tendency to pit opponents with similar powers against each other and Thoma has been pitted mainly against Veyron and Nanoha thus far. Right now, he is a TSAB recruit, so his nemesis seems to be Veyron after all...
I imagine, if Lily and a girl named "Rose" was met, it will be another silly designated cat fight. I myself also think that this series tends to be a proving ground who is stronger so far.
Old 2011-09-01, 07:08   Link #4033
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Does this mean all Strosek have floral theme naming?
That is what my Japanese sources claim that the Force NEXT Design 12 claims. ^^;
Old 2011-09-01, 09:21   Link #4034
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
I think its funny. It kinda reminds me about the Indiana Jones "guns VS swords" scene. Death played for laughs.

Also shows how casual the Hucks are about killing. No super moral "only when absolutely necessary" stuff. Just "you said/did something we don't like. *bang*"

Moral hypocrisy, ho!
So the Hucks kill some bad people, like everyone was saying they should do, and you're still gonna have a problem with it?

It was pretty necessary to kill those guys, as it was shown how horrible they are and they were put down so they couldn't do stuff like that again. Again, ya know, like everyone is saying should be done to the Huckebeins.

Hypocrisy ho, all right, but not for the Hucks.

Quote:
Well the panel and such makes me think it's going 'oh no, he killed someone on-screen!", but maybe it's just that the artist actually bothered drawing for it instead of doing it chibi-style.
For the record this is what happened to the other guy:

Spoiler:

Not sure what NTR means.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:31   Link #4035
Zero Hurricane

Quote:
They may not be hypocritical, but the truth surely be revealed.

Anyway, how can you get the such information, Raiser? I myself had to wait for the results.
Old 2011-09-01, 10:03   Link #4036
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
So the Hucks kill some bad people, like everyone was saying they should do, and you're still gonna have a problem with it?

It was pretty necessary to kill those guys, as it was shown how horrible they are and they were put down so they couldn't do stuff like that again. Again, ya know, like everyone is saying should be done to the Huckebeins.

That's not the point. The Huckebein didn't kill that guy because he was doing anything morally wrong, they killed him just because they felt like it.

That's what people were saying the Hucks did all along, and now we can see it clearly.

Quote:
Not sure what NTR means.
Here, read up

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 10:10   Link #4037
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Hardly. I even enjoy enjoy the "it's fine if we kill villages, but when someone else does it its not cool" moral hypocricy. Little bit of human flaws never hurts.
Old 2011-09-01, 10:29   Link #4038
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I find funny the logic of "see? the Hucks killed some bad guys, that must mean they're good guys" xDU

Evil versus Evil anyone xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 10:36   Link #4039
Zero Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That's not the point. The Huckebein didn't kill that guy because he was doing anything morally wrong, they killed him just because they felt like it.

That's what people were saying the Hucks did all along, and now we can see it clearly.
So far, this is the this truth revealed by Huckebein. They kill people who interrogated in order to satisfy their animal desires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I find funny the logic of "see? the Hucks killed some bad guys, that must mean they're good guys" xDU

Heh. 100% achievement reach in my sentiments.
Old 2011-09-01, 11:07   Link #4040
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Uh, did you miss the part where him and his buddy attacked a village?

Quote:
I knew the cuckold definition but don't see how that applies to this chapter.

Quote:
Hardly. I even enjoy enjoy the "it's fine if we kill villages, but when someone else does it its not cool" moral hypocricy. Little bit of human flaws never hurts.
I think the difference to them is ordered and purposeful slaughter vs. random and senseless slaughter. Like a military strike against a village vs. a terrorist bomb in the middle of a city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post

Did I say anywhere that it made them good guys? Don't always think in black and white. There is grey.

The Huckebein are the lesser of two, maybe three, evils.

About the whole being sympathetic to villains thing, I recently watched Kamen Rider Eternal and this scene sums things up:

"Maybe if just one thing had been different in your life you could have been a Kamen Rider who defended Fuuto, like us."

"You hurt this city deeply. That sin will never go away. But at the very least... we will leave flowers at your grave."

Tags
manga, nanoha force