AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-26, 21:33   Link #1
GANTZDiDi

Who else wanted Nina to die?

I say this having had the misfortune of watching the episodes she is in in english. Her voice was so utterly annoying the first thought I had was that I wanted her to somehow die in the series.

I can already see the posts some may make about me being "heartless" or some other such thing. Thats how the internet is but I just wanted to see if anyone else found her voice to be this annoying. Looking forward to your opinions.
Old 2006-07-26, 21:59   Link #2
Lollerpants

Hahahaha. Sadist!

I've never watched the dub, but I think having her die was just so the show could be more angsty, I didn't really like/dislike her. Tucker was sorta a freak though.
Old 2006-07-26, 22:23   Link #3
GANTZDiDi

definition of a sadist: someone who obtains pleasure from inflicting pain on others.

please choose your words wisely. I am in no way a sadist, I just found Nina's voice to be so annoying that that's what I thought. She's just an anime character. Any other opinions or am I the only one who thought that?

edit- I to thought that tucker was creepy, but definitely didn't feel sorry for his character because of what he did.

edit #2- I see that maybe what I said does come off as a bit strong and "die" may be an exaggeration. My focus is on whether anyone else thought the voice was annoying.

Last edited by GANTZDiDi; 2006-07-27 at 11:55.
Old 2006-07-28, 08:37   Link #4
~Sasuke~Naruto~

Send a message via MSN to ~Sasuke~Naruto~
I dont think she should have died. She was a cute little girl minding her buisness and not getting into trouble, I was like aww poor Nina when she died, I felt really sorry for her.
Old 2006-07-28, 08:57   Link #5
Bloodseeker

I don't really care about Nina one way or the other, but I find it dumb how people keep talking about getting depressed every time that the episode airs.

Spoiler for FMA, Gundam Seed, Fate/Stay Night, Inuyasha, and Haruhi Suzumiya:
Old 2006-07-30, 05:15   Link #6
gencbiba

Meh... Nina was really cute. Tucker's actions were uncalled for. Also, Nina was a great reason that Ed and Al were starting to enjoy themselves. She played with them along with her dog and they were actually starting to forget that they were made of metal. So saying that we didn't get attached to her is a personal opinion and an understatement. Ultimately, even if it was some unknown character that we just met for the first time and he faces death, any sentimental person would feel bad.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-07-31, 18:00   Link #7
RavenTaven

Send a message via MSN to RavenTaven
well i was happy nina died because when ed found out it was scar he really wanted to kill him now and i like a battle with revenge
Old 2006-08-06, 10:02   Link #8
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Contrary to the majority I thought that Nina was so adorable. I also thought that Alicia was also cute. Nina of course didn't deserve to die but it had to happen to make a good plot. I just wish Sho would've chosen some other ugly kid to kill.
Old 2006-09-21, 20:36   Link #9
xBeowulf

Even if her voice was dubbed perfectly I'd still want her killed off. It just makes the anime alot more darker and sorrowful which is what i like
Old 2006-09-21, 21:30   Link #10
gencbiba

From a person point of view, I wouldn't want her killed off because I would feel really bad. From an anime watcher point of view, it's better that she does because it does add a lot more mood to the story. I guess it can be described as that.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-09-25, 14:50   Link #11
Nuzzles

I haven't had the misfortune of watching it dubbed, but my god, her voice was annoying as hell even in the japanese version. O.o
Old 2006-09-27, 19:58   Link #12
emothekat
Has a Muffin

Location: I am currently glued to my comp. chair...does that answer you question? T_T *muffin*
At first I watched it in Japanese so my first thought to this thread was "OMG how could you want poor little Nina-san to DIE you hartless..." but then I watched the english dub and was like "OMG That voice~!!!!!! it sounds like a lady sounding like a baby!!!! I want her to die!!!!!" and I felt bad
but yes no matter what language or voice is used I have stuck to the conclusion that Tucker is an insane,homicidal, son of a bi**h Bas**rd little F***
thus me likeing the manga better cause he dies in that one rather than in the anime where {WARNING!!!!!! IF YOU CONTINUE THERE ARE SPOILERS!!! (I cant work the spoiler button ) } he turns into a kimera [even then he's still a little koo koo in the head and a minor bas**rd [END SPOILER}

either way her death was for the better cause it clicked with the rest of the show.and it left a theme of the feeling of uselessness for not being able to save one little girl. and then it had it all darker and such so I think she was created just to be killed
Old 2006-10-08, 00:33   Link #13
..::Hacker::..
Alone, not Lonely

Location: Sitting by someone I'm in love with but can't have because he already shattered my heart
Send a message via MSN to ..::Hacker::.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..::Hacker::..
Hey I hated her voice but I didn't want her to die!!!!
She was sweet. Tucker gets the 'Worst Father Of The Year Award'.
Old 2006-10-10, 07:56   Link #14
shimplicity

She didnt deserved to be killed but how do we know living as a chimera is any better than death? how could they be 100% sure they could change her back into normal without making her suffer more? i suppose those were the things that had plague Ed and Al. Perhaps, it would have been better if she had died mysteriously due to the whole "2 soul in one body" thing rather than being brutally killed by Scar. So I would say yes, I wanted her to die but not be killed.
Old 2006-10-19, 21:26   Link #15
stereohead90
Stereohead

so right man she deserves to die cus animated senseless and brutal murder is allways funny expecially if they hav annoying voices. for instance hellsing ahh good times good times
Old 2006-12-26, 00:24   Link #16
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

when she died i cryed
Old 2007-05-10, 20:11   Link #17
ShaiElric
FMA Expert :D

I won't flame you but I disagree

I felt really bad for her she was adorable to me!

I almost cried when she died.

Her voice was pretty annoying though
Old 2007-05-11, 10:09   Link #18
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I don't think any child, no matter how annoying his/her voice may be, deserves to die.
Old 2007-05-19, 18:49   Link #19
gencbiba

I watched the dub, and I didn't really find her voice annoying at all. Weird.

Old 2007-05-21, 04:11   Link #20
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
cute little girl + death = loads of angst for the main character
i vote death to her =D *cheers*
Closed Thread