AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 00:13   Link #1001
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post

And wingdarkness, you're still alive? Haha.
That's a question I should be asking YOU ...

Still on #animesuki eh? Post more and watch Boondocks man, I'm telling you it's anime now...

I also agree that people kinda forget how dawg-eat-dawg Kira used to have to fight before FREEDOM and ultimatley GSD destroyed his character...Suzaku doesn't quite fit the comparison as he has simply been as good if not better than everyone from the moment he got Lancelot which isn't so l33t it can't have troubles, but yes I think he has some kind of advancment as seen with the spiderman moves he's shown...
Old 2008-05-13, 00:17   Link #1002
Aquaman OS

Actually Suzaku had a typical Gundam progression. Wins first battle (Ghetto) because his unit can resist the enemy guns and then finishes them off while they are all "NO our peashooters aren't working" Win's second battle (Purist faction conflict) because he has a new type of melee weapon that is more advanced than anything the enemy has. Win's third battle (Raikou) because he has a stronger type of gun. That's basically it. Less pilot skill and more new technology.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 01:39   Link #1003
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't think you can pin it all of lack of skills. Just that he doesn't need to only rely on that. I seriously doubt he'd lose his skills just because he is piloting a new mecha. I think that'll only make him more dangerous. Actually, I share a similar opinion of Kallen, though obviously she seems to always be a rung below Suzaku in terms of pure skills. And it was Kallen who got a massive power upgrade in her mecha. Suzaku did get a new gun + energy shield and that was about it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 01:51   Link #1004
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The only person with supernatural abilities is Rollo that falls into this category. The guy can freeze time around him and can literally dominate the battlefield.

Aside from excellent piloting skills has Suzaku actually shown any superhuman moves? And I do mean actual supernatural capabilities, not something that just makes him good at fighting.
You missed my point.

Sunrise staff had made it clear that Suzaku's physical capabilities and skills are of a supernatural origin, even if it looked normal from the outside.

The fact that he is good at fighting IS supernatural. It didn't have to be, but it is. Sunrise had told us outright that Suzaku's background is still a secret. The only info they can confirm so far is that Suzaku is still a human-being.
Old 2008-05-13, 01:56   Link #1005
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sunrise had told us outright that Suzaku's background is still a secret. The only info they can confirm so far is that Suzaku is still a human-being.
STILL a human being?

Don't tell me he actually is the Vermilion Bird of the South
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 02:01   Link #1006
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
STILL a human being?

Don't tell me he actually is the Vermilion Bird of the South
Essentially, someone asked if Suzaku is a human. And Sunrise said yes. This is after revealing Suzaku's physical capabilities are mysterious, unnatural, and not to be discussed until the plot gets there.
Old 2008-05-13, 02:12   Link #1007
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Essentially, someone asked if Suzaku is a human. And Sunrise said yes. This is after revealing Suzaku's physical capabilities are mysterious, unnatural, and not to be discussed until the plot gets there.
The "still" part still spooks me, unless that's word you added in.
Old 2008-05-13, 02:51   Link #1008
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The "still" part still spooks me, unless that's word you added in.
You are just reading too much into it. The only thing Sunrise said was "yes" to the question of "is Suzaku a human?".
Old 2008-05-13, 05:51   Link #1009
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He's human, but one granted with super abilties like Lelouch is human, but with special powers.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 06:53   Link #1010
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

whoa. okay. now suckaku is superhuman.

anyways. what could caused it? genetic mutation? or? orange experiments?
how can it be linked to the plot? could it be that suzaku was meant to monitor lelouch and turn on him if anything goes wrong?
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 06:54   Link #1011
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
You are just reading too much into it. The only thing Sunrise said was "yes" to the question of "is Suzaku a human?".
Thank you.

It's just a case of my picking up every word
Old 2008-05-13, 09:06   Link #1012
DarkLordOfkichiku

Well, with the exception of this physical abilties, other abilties he may have have been hinted at - remember the episode when he could apparently see CC inside the Gawain? She was going to ask him something - maybe related to his origins, but at that time, Lelouch's Geass started to level up, so she never got to finish her sentence...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:12   Link #1013
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, with the exception of this physical abilties, other abilties he may have have been hinted at - remember the episode when he could apparently see CC inside the Gawain? She was going to ask him something - maybe related to his origins, but at that time, Lelouch's Geass started to level up, so she never got to finish her sentence...
good point. however i can't understand the fact that he killed his dad for no reason. just coz he wants japan to surrender -.-. hmm. could it be britinnia kidnapped him and "enigineered" on him? and how can it be such a coincidence that suckaku and lelouch were childhood friends? i think he was sent to monitor him without suckaku himself knowing it.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:15   Link #1014
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
good point. however i can't understand the fact that he killed his dad for no reason. just coz he wants japan to surrender -.-. hmm. could it be britinnia kidnapped him and "enigineered" on him? and how can it be such a coincidence that suckaku and lelouch were childhood friends? i think he was sent to monitor him without suckaku himself knowing it.
I'm thinking it's more of an impulsive thing.

Seriously, stop making Suzaku some sort of robot. Although what he does is frustrating to viewers, he has his clear logic that quite a few people would actually agree to if it wasn't for our hero Lelouch.
Old 2008-05-13, 09:16   Link #1015
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
however i can't understand the fact that he killed his dad for no reason. just coz he wants japan to surrender -.-. hmm. could it be britinnia kidnapped him and "enigineered" on him? and how can it be such a coincidence that suckaku and lelouch were childhood friends? i think he was sent to monitor him without suckaku himself knowing it.
I have no idea if Brittania was/is involved in Suzaku at that point, but the reason that he wanted Japan to surrderer was because that continued resistence to Brittania would in his opinion have cost a needless amount of lives. His father, however, didn't agree with this and thus Suzaku apparently saw no other way out than killing him .
Old 2008-05-13, 09:18   Link #1016
Lowell1025

Quote:
Well he was a kid, and I dont think kids need that much reason, nor does he do much reasoning before he does something Lacking various experiences in life means one's bound to make mistakes at one juncture or another.

But I don't buy much into this Suzaku's a superhuman idea. He's just a determined and skilled Knightmare pilot right now, and perhaps, that thing with C.C might just be a side effect of them making indirect contact earlier in Season 1
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:19   Link #1017
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I have no idea if Brittania was/is involved in Suzaku at that point, but the reason that he wanted Japan to surrderer was because that continued resistence to Brittania would in his opinion have cost a needless amount of lives. His father, however, didn't agree with this and thus Suzaku apparently saw no other way out than killing him .
Seriously, does people think that a 10 year old actually has the same thought process as a teenage when it comes to killing?
Old 2008-05-13, 09:21   Link #1018
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Seriously, does people think that a 10 year old actually has the same thought process as a teenage when it comes to killing?
Well, perhaps, perhaps not . But you have a point, his only thought at that time may have bene "I don't want more people to die!" (simple thought enough for a kid of that age, yes?) so...

Also remember that this IS fiction
Old 2008-05-13, 09:23   Link #1019
Stretch5920

Suzaku didn't plan it. It was more of a spur of the moment thing out of panic, fear and confusion. The whole thing is pretty silly really, you gotta be pretty messed up to even think about killing your dad at 10.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:24   Link #1020
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Suzaku didn't plan it. It was more of a spur of the moment thing out of panic, fear and confusion. The whole thing is pretty silly really, you gotta be pretty messed up to even think about killing your dad at 10.
Not really, if you've seen what kids have doen when they are under enormous stress.