AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2009-05-15, 07:26   Link #761
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
These are my estimates for the IQ levels of the cast from Shakugan no Shana.

Yoshida: 200
Alastor: 180
Shana: 170
Yuji: 150
Margery Daw: 135
Hecate (Season 2): 124
Marco: 120
Chigusa: 115
Seita: 108
Ogata: 100
Hecate (Season 1): 86
Tanaka: 63

Does everyone agree or disagree with this list?
I sincerely disagree.... Yoshida's IQ isn't very good... She's just "Sakai-Kun? Ah! Sakai-Kun! I just want to be more... Ah, Sakai-Kun!!"

My personal IQ rank would be:

Remi (Spiral Organ): INFINITE
Arbiter of Reverse Reasoning Bel-Peol: 200
*Reiji Maigo bearer Yuji: 190
Margery Daw: 180
Alastor: 175
Shana and Wilhelmina: 150
**Yuji: 140
Hecate: 130
Marcosius: 120

Well, I don't rank "normal" people because it's a bit hard to compare them to "Flame Hazes and co."

Anyways, why does Yuji get 2 rankings?

The one with * is when you take in account all his deduction, etc...
The one with ** is when you take in account... EVERYTHING. (Which means, his dumbness about ladies)

Eh, about inter Anime IQ:

Lelouch:200
Kira Yamato/Heero Yuy:190
Sakai Yuji: 160
Setsuna F Sei: 150 ( well... he doesn't do any speciak deductions or show anything special in knowledge... but at least... he's an innovator... XD )
Naruto/Goku/Luffy: 60
Nicky Larson: 20 ( Jumps to 180 when he gets serious... )
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 07:29   Link #762
KimmyChan

I disagree aswell, as I personally think that no one can guess their IQ levels as such anyway
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 07:41   Link #763
Terminator98
*Author

Code:
I disagree aswell, as I personally think that no one can guess their IQ levels as such anyway
Well... This is simply a guess and dedcution from their actions in their respective moments.

After all, you can easily distinguish a quick thinker from an idiot... XD

Anyways, different people think differently I suppose...
Old 2009-05-15, 07:43   Link #764
KimmyChan

That they do, so I can understand it from that respect aswell
Old 2009-05-16, 00:55   Link #765
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post

EH? Things are so expensive in Japan? I'm aware that Sushi is awesomely expensive there... But... Anime's??? Or are they expensive because the Japs get a better saslary thatn us?? XD
In general, most things are more expensive in Japan. It's just how the economy is. But you can get good sushi for a reasonable price at certain places. Kaiten-zushi would be your best bet. Those are the ones were the plates of sushi circle around on a track. It's fun, affordable and decent.

But go ahead and look on the Japanese Amazon site. Search around for some items and you should get a feel for prices. A quick example, most volumes of anime DVDs are in the 5000-6000 yen range ($50-60) and they contain 2 or 3 episodes.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 01:42   Link #766
Terminator98
*Author

Code:
In general, most things are more expensive in Japan. It's just how the economy is. But you can get good sushi for a reasonable price at certain places. Kaiten-zushi would be your best bet. Those are the ones were the plates of sushi circle around on a track. It's fun, affordable and decent.

But go ahead and look on the Japanese Amazon site. Search around for some items and you should get a feel for prices. A quick example, most volumes of anime DVDs are in the 5000-6000 yen range ($50-60) and they contain 2 or 3 episodes.

OMG... I think that I'll need to save up a lot if I wanna enjoy japan to it's fullest... XD

Anyways:

Sushi > Most Food
Sushi Price > Most food's price

I guess how it is...

You know guys... I'm getting more scared and scared of SnS 3... If it comes out, I'm afraid it will further ruin the show as Destiny ruined the SEED show.
Old 2009-05-16, 06:51   Link #767
Dr. Casey

Why's that, Terminator? Shakugan I and II were both great, as were Shana-tan (Possibly the best piece of Shana merchandise ever) and the movie. Everything's been good so far.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 07:59   Link #768
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, Gundam SEED has became more emo at Destiny (and even more at Infinity, IMHO) and it was I think one of the reasons why 00 has became more popular.

Regarding Shana III, it's either:
> We hope that the staff of Shana do not "lose their luster" through unexpected changes of crew and staff; or
> We must no overhype Shana III so that we don't get disappointed when the real thing hits.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 11:27   Link #769
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Why's that, Terminator? Shakugan I and II were both great, as were Shana-tan (Possibly the best piece of Shana merchandise ever) and the movie. Everything's been good so far.
I totally second that comment Dr. Casey!
Old 2009-05-16, 13:40   Link #770
Terminator98
*Author

Code:
I agree with season 1 and the Tan series being great ( although the Tan series went a bit to hentai for me... ).

But for me, and quite a lot of people out there, season 2 wasn't very good. It was quite inconsistent. The first half of the season is filled with fillers, and Shana has lost quite a lot of her tsundere character... Her "bad" (which I call good somtimes... XD ) side is more interesting I find, as she is quite jealous of everyone that approaches Yuji, pwns Yuji everytime, etc...

She hardly does that in season 2... The only time being like that is somewhere during the Konoe fillers. She only gets a bit protective ( which is normal ) when Pheles arrives. Also, in season 1, we hardly have fillers, and there always is action. ( Even the so called "filler" of Shana's Pre-Flame Haze history is interesting )

The ending of season 2 isn't as nice as season 1's also. Maybe it's also because Sabrac's battle that happened just before with Yuji becoming serious overshadowed this.

One big plus in Season 2 however, was the fight with Sabrac... The most epic of the fights in the whole series.
Old 2009-05-16, 14:18   Link #771
KimmyChan

That's the first time I've heard someone describe the Shana Tan series as a bit on the hentai side

But it's cool, I don't hold anything against it, as it's your own opinion after all
Old 2009-05-16, 15:01   Link #772
Terminator98
*Author

Code:
 	 That's the first time I've heard someone describe the Shana Tan series as a bit on the hentai side

But it's cool, I don't hold anything against it, as it's your own opinion after all
I do agree that this is my opinion... But geesh... Don't you find...

1.Yoshida Juggling her boops
2.Yuji Masturbating
3.Yuji "being overyjoyed" by hecate
4.Sydonay... MASTURBATING YUJI... (Cough... Gay)
5.Hecate herself saying that those guys are hentai (LOL)

Isn't this.... Hentai to you?? XD
Old 2009-05-18, 06:50   Link #773
KimmyChan

I'd say that it is in a way, yeah you're right, I never actually realised until now X__X
Old 2009-05-19, 11:39   Link #774
Terminator98
*Author

Concerning the Tan serires... watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nHcwG97Huw

I loled to death... This so so kawai also...

Last edited by Terminator98; 2009-05-19 at 12:16.
Old 2009-05-19, 18:52   Link #775
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

I agree that I'm a little worried about how they'll handle season III too, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. They have some really cool material to work with (the next major plot point), so hopefully they don't mess that up in anyway.
Old 2009-05-19, 21:35   Link #776
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
I agree that I'm a little worried about how they'll handle season III too, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. They have some really cool material to work with (the next major plot point), so hopefully they don't mess that up in anyway.
Indeed... Anyone read up to novel 18??? Most people stop after Shana was:

Spoiler for Later Possible Shakugan No Shana 3 PLot:

But there are 2 novels after that one that came out ( the 17 and 18), I wonder what happened...
Old 2009-05-19, 23:48   Link #777
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Actually I haven't read any of the novels yet. I accidently spoiled myself with what's coming next and that's how I know. It would've been nice to not have seen any spoilers though, and experience it firsthand through the anime or novels.
Old 2009-05-20, 05:56   Link #778
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Concerning the Tan serires... watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nHcwG97Huw

I loled to death... This so so kawai also...
That was good
Old 2009-05-20, 13:32   Link #779
Terminator98
*Author

Now... when the hell are they going to say:

SHAKUGAN NO SHANA THIRD, COMING TO YOUR SCREENS! THIS OCTOBER! ( Then shows alastor lost somwhere again "Ah, I have to quickly return to the studio and quit voice acting Maito Gai to protect Shana from a crisis!!!" *Camera slowly zooms out, showing that Alastor is lost in the Naruto world* "Ha... where is my inter-anime jump gate??" )
Old 2009-05-20, 23:44   Link #780
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Haha, I loved those bits where Alastor was off lost somewhere.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural