AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 02:55   Link #3601
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Thanks everyone for the responses and it has somehow made me more depressed but it's the truth so I'm gonna have to handle it. So I'm taking this course which is B.S Physical Therapy and I failed Anatomy Laboratory. So it is both a major subject and it has a significant relationship with whatever future job profession I'll be taking because of my course.

My friend said that I'm perfectly okay in the social field but I don't think it holds that much of an impact in comparison to grades. Thanks again and I believe I'll feel better after this.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 03:02   Link #3602
monster

Anyone know how to automatically set the background image of the day at bing.com as a desktop wallpaper on openSUSE 11.2 (w/ GNOME)?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 03:48   Link #3603
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses and it has somehow made me more depressed but it's the truth so I'm gonna have to handle it. So I'm taking this course which is B.S Physical Therapy and I failed Anatomy Laboratory. So it is both a major subject and it has a significant relationship with whatever future job profession I'll be taking because of my course.

My friend said that I'm perfectly okay in the social field but I don't think it holds that much of an impact in comparison to grades. Thanks again and I believe I'll feel better after this.
Have you checked if your school has any sort of grade forgiveness option or such?; my school offers students to use it three times basically take the class again and old grade is replaced/erase.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:35   Link #3604
speck123

PS3 region locking is only for DVD and Bluray movies. Games wise, you can play a game from any country.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 02:02   Link #3605
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Have you checked if your school has any sort of grade forgiveness option or such?; my school offers students to use it three times basically take the class again and old grade is replaced/erase.
I honestly wish they did. My school doesn't have such a policy though.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 08:18   Link #3606
michiru

What is mooooo?

Some characters say "moooo" when they are annoyed by someone.
I guess it's a japanese expression but what is the exact word in English?
At least I know it's not mimic of the cow.
michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 08:27   Link #3607
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A silly question

If you hang your clothes out. Then it rains and the clothes are soaked. Would the clothes are affected much in anyway?
Unless it's a heavy rain or hail storm then surely the fabrics would be damaged, but how's about a normal shower?
Old 2010-04-10, 08:38   Link #3608
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiru View Post
Some characters say "moooo" when they are annoyed by someone.
I guess it's a japanese expression but what is the exact word in English?
At least I know it's not mimic of the cow.
When someone praises you, makes fun of you, tease, irritate or annoy you, replying with "mooo" is to tell them to stop doing that. And depending on your tone, you express whether you're shy, frustrated, angry or something else.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 08:46   Link #3609
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"Mooooou" is the shortcut for "Mou, yamete kudasai yo~!" which means "Please, stop that already!" or "Cut it out!". "Mou" literally means "already".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:13   Link #3610
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
A silly question

If you hang your clothes out. Then it rains and the clothes are soaked. Would the clothes are affected much in anyway?
Unless it's a heavy rain or hail storm then surely the fabrics would be damaged, but how's about a normal shower?
If it is acid rain I would suggest you rewash it. The acidity can fade the clothes and make them stink.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 12:49   Link #3611
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

The cow goes, shazooooooo
Old 2010-04-10, 16:21   Link #3612
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

This is more of a request than a question, per se, but presently as part of the polish phase on a series of fantasy novels I've been writing and am preparing to get published, I've been working with some linguistics professors to really flesh out and naturalize the fictional languages of the world. I've done this sort of extensive research on a number of subjects in the name of authenticity since I intend to work with this setting a great deal over the course of my career, but there comes a point in each of these processes where the research is done and I have to do lots of grunt-work.

In this case, I am now at the point where I have a number of phonologies, grammars and morphological constructs figured out for the languages, but the vocabulary is tricky because I'm working with a handful of root-affix languages. This means that the words are all formed from a pool of roots that don't actually have one defined meaning themselves, but which represent a range of related concepts and the specifics are then defined by prefixes/suffixes, etc.

What I am asking for is if people would care to help me out here--I would take note of this and credit you in the acknowledgments--is if you'd be willing to PM to me a range of simple things that come off the top of your head: very basic objects, very basic concepts, very basic descriptors. The languages that these will be used for are relatively primitive (comparable to Proto-Indo-European), so more specific concepts will evolve from these in later languages, but if you could help me compile a list of useful ideas for primitive cultures to have terms for--like 'one' or 'travel' or 'hunger'--I'd be immensely appreciative.
Old 2010-04-10, 19:32   Link #3613
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If it is acid rain I would suggest you rewash it. The acidity can fade the clothes and make them stink.
Well i don't think acid rain is that common here...

Was watching Sora no woto and that question popped up. Since i always hang out clothes under a roof, and never let them out in the rain before
Old 2010-04-11, 00:33   Link #3614
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
This is more of a request than a question, ....
Start with the Swadesh list, that is supposed to be very basic vocabulary. You also might want to ask on the conlang mailing list for help.
Old 2010-04-11, 07:26   Link #3615
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
The cow goes, shazooooooo
I thought cows go UN-TAN! UN-TAN! UN-TAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Well i don't think acid rain is that common here...

Was watching Sora no woto and that question popped up. Since i always hang out clothes under a roof, and never let them out in the rain before
Still I would advise you to rewash it. Rain mix with whatever gas condensed with the clouds up there, so there is still a possibility of a smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
<snip>
I heard of this trick from a university graduate before : is that when you want to study a new language, start with the basic 100 words you use everyday, and the first being to address the singulars (first-third person), group, then pointing towards physical objects (nouns), then places before associating it with a language :

1. I
2. Me
3. My
4. You (single)
5. Him
6. Her
7. It
8. Our
9. You (or you'all, basically relating to a group of people in second person)
10. They
11. Them

Then to nouns :

1. It (be careful, some languages refer to neutral gender living and non-living things separately)
2. This
3. That
4. Theirs
5. Mine
6. Yours

Then to places :
1. Here
2. There
3. Nowhere/Somewhere (used to indicate an unexact location, usually an area)

And importantly, addresses to the question:

1. How
2. What
3. Who
4. When
5. Where

Not sure if this works in your case.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-11, 12:58   Link #3616
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
TY for the info Saintess. I'll have to remember to do the '100 words' when I start learning, since thata ctually makes sentence forming easier. I could just positive rep you if I didn't feel so lazy~
It would be good if you could, but not really necessary.

I used it to pass my Chinese oral exams in highschool 2 years ago. Kinda worked.....but I have been too lazy to apply it in learning Japanese. Also, I find it easier to be applied to text-based languages (English, French, Russian, Bahasa) rather than character-based languages (Japanese, Chinese, Korean).

And for some reason, I can't get it to work for Vietnamese. I can never get the words correct, or even pronounce them correctly.

Old 2010-04-13, 15:24   Link #3617
qwertyuiopz

umm :\
i failed a class in university and im wondering if universities mail transcripts/probation letters or if thats something we have to do ourselves

i live in ontario
the reason why i posted here is that im pretty much in shame to admit i failed to anyone i know...including my parents
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:20   Link #3618
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
umm :\
i failed a class in university and im wondering if universities mail transcripts/probation letters or if thats something we have to do ourselves

i live in ontario
the reason why i posted here is that im pretty much in shame to admit i failed to anyone i know...including my parents
It depends on your schools rules on the matter, and addition did you just fail a class, or is it putting you on academic probation?

If it's the former I don't think most colleges mail anything for that... I know mine didn't , and if latter I am not sure as I've never been on it.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:42   Link #3619
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

need to ask why car companies put the driver's seat on the left side on other coutries and on the right side on other coutries?

are there any difference?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:52   Link #3620
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
need to ask why car companies put the driver's seat on the left side on other coutries and on the right side on other coutries?

are there any difference?
May I remind you than we don't all drive o the same side of thr road.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious