AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-01, 12:31   Link #2581
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
So basically, he does not remember her anymore, but she does remember him?

But didn't she acted.. too calmly?
I mean, she was not surprised that he didn't recognized her and that he didn't even remembered after she told him her name, nor she tried to make him remember her.
There is no point in making a fuse about that when she has "the power" or so she believes. There is a part where a panel focuses only on her mouth while smiling, that usually is used in manga when there is something hidden.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:38   Link #2582
Sumeragi
Banned

Isn't Touma by this time famous for beating Accelerator?
Old 2012-02-01, 12:53   Link #2583
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, I believe it was only said that "accelerator was beaten by a level 0", who did it wasn't specified.

(Plus if it would have been mentioned that it was him, somebody could have looked him up and figured out that he "is not really a level 0"..)
Old 2012-02-01, 12:55   Link #2584
Sumeragi
Banned

I don't know why, but I remember Aleister having given some sort of order that anyone touching Touma would face the wrath of Academy City..... I'll probably have to look it up. Also, he is still officially a Level 0, and I doubt people actually know about the Imagine Breaker except the "select" few.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:08   Link #2585
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
No. The initial rumor was that Kamijou Touma beat Accelerator (and thus he became unofficially "known" as n°1 and was hunted), but the rumor died off in like a week and changed to "a lvl 0 beat Accelerator".

Quote:
I don't know why, but I remember Aleister having given some sort of order that anyone touching Touma would face the wrath of Academy City..... I'll probably have to look it up. Also, he is still officially a Level 0, and I doubt people actually know about the Imagine Breaker except the "select" few.
Actually, that was a deduction from "girl in dress", on where she speculated that Touma can do whatever he wants and can, and Academy City is going to cope out with the consequences so that negative feedback doesn't reach him.

I think that the analogy that she gave was something like:

- Touma : can do whatever he wants to save people and Academy City keeps his life clean. Acceptable, helps the experiment.

- Accelerator : can do whatever he wants to save people, but Academy City doesn't give a rat's ass about whatever consequences his own actions bring upon himself. Acceptable, helps the experiment.

- Shiage : wasn't supposed to go around saving people, much less they want to take care of the consequences his actions brings, thus was unforgivable and of no use.

Judging by the narrative of the story, where character deduction is a strong hint of truth else stated, she is probably spot on.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:16   Link #2586
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
No. The initial rumor was that Kamijou Touma beat Accelerator (and thus he became unofficially "known" as n°1 and was hunted), but the rumor died off in like a week and changed to "a lvl 0 beat Accelerator".
Since Misaki is a Level 5, wouldn't she have known about the initial rumor and as such did some investigation, getting to know about the relationship between Touma and Mikoto? We're dealing with a mind-manipulating Esper here.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:56   Link #2587
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Since Misaki is a Level 5, wouldn't she have known about the initial rumor and as such did some investigation, getting to know about the relationship between Touma and Mikoto? We're dealing with a mind-manipulating Esper here.
While it wouldn't be impossible in a logical sense, it doesn't strikes me a something that would be in her character (as in, she has been described as the queen of the queens and oujo of the oujo-s); so I don't really see herself going out of her way to know who the best fighter in Academy City supposedly is, and if that position has changed constantly lately.

There are also cases like Kuroko, as she knew Touma was "doing something weird" the same night that the Accelerator was defeated by a level 0; she also knew that he was looking for Misaka on that very same night and that Misaka was present at the location where Accelerator was defeated, but even then she strongly denied his involvement in the case saying to herself something like "impossible" , "such stupid rumors can't be true". Cases like that where logic is too strong aren't uncommon in Academy City.

At most, I think that the most realist scenario would be for Misaki to realize that Touma is the one that produced the rumor of "a level 0 that can actively Match the Railgun's attacks every time". In order for Misaki to know about that she should be like.... I don't know? Extremely interested in Misaka; as to investigate secret things about her on her own volition for no true reason.... And that would be a very interesting thing in it's own, if you catch my draft
Old 2012-02-01, 14:11   Link #2588
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
At most, I think that the most realist scenario would be for Misaki to realize that Touma is the one that produced the rumor of "a level 0 that can actively Match the Railgun's attacks every time". In order for Misaki to know about that she should be like.... I don't know? Extremely interested in Misaka; as to investigate secret things about her on her own volition for no true reason.... And that would be a very interesting thing in it's own, if you catch my draft
Like the lilies that bloom as Misaka and Misaki looks into each other's eyes.....
Old 2012-02-01, 14:36   Link #2589
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I don't think Misaki is as interested in rumors as much as Saten.

Also, just because Misaki's powers are mentally focused, it doesn't mean she's particularly sharper or more detective-like than others.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:38   Link #2590
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Note for discussion - Misaki said this to Touma: Pleased to meet you, Kamijou-san
It would be ok, if Mikoto would have introduced him before, but she didn't.
So either
  1. she do know him
  2. her powers works on him
  3. she read it from Mikoto when she touched her (bypassing her barier)
And his small note on page 7, where she grabed his hand, also imply that she tried to use her powers on him. (or he got a boner )

Hmmm............ Aren't names like, sewed into their gym uniforms as in most asian schools?

I would like to hope for a better possibility, so it would be kinda lol if that's how she got to know of his name.

Also Touma mentioned in V1 that "there it was an ESPer that can do for about anything related to the brain & memories". That much you can get by reading a magazine, there is also the fact that levels are kinda famous, but only the levels apparently. A lot of people that have meet Mikoto have heard what ability the Railgun is, but they couldn't recognize her at first glance until she introduced herself properly with her name.

Quote:
Like the lilies that bloom as Misaka and Misaki looks into each other's eyes.....
I'm more of Misaki x Kuroko or Saten x Misaki shipper (I'm flexible about pairing order, though ).
Old 2012-02-01, 14:47   Link #2591
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Hmmm............ Aren't names like, sewed into their gym uniforms as in most asian schools?
Not usually on PE uniforms (particularly for males).
Old 2012-02-01, 15:36   Link #2592
mark1246

Quote:

There are also cases like Kuroko, as she knew Touma was "doing something weird" the same night that the Accelerator was defeated by a level 0; she also knew that he was looking for Misaka on that very same night and that Misaka was present at the location where Accelerator was defeated, but even then she strongly denied his involvement in the case saying to herself something like "impossible" , "such stupid rumors can't be true". Cases like that where logic is too strong aren't uncommon in Academy City.
When was this in the manga? i dont remember kuroko saying that ?
Old 2012-02-01, 21:38   Link #2593
jrdragon2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
When was this in the manga? i dont remember kuroko saying that ?
that was in volume 8 in the light novel i think
Old 2012-02-02, 02:00   Link #2594
faiz blaster

Quote:
While it wouldn't be impossible in a logical sense, it doesn't strikes me a something that would be in her character (as in, she has been described as the queen of the queens and oujo of the oujo-s); so I don't really see herself going out of her way to know who the best fighter in Academy City supposedly is, and if that position has changed constantly lately.

Isn't more plausible that Misaki simply knows that Touma is Mikoto's rumored boyfriend and that her actions are merely motivated by the desire to troll the other Level 5. From everything that I saw so far, the relationship between those two is the embodiment of the classical "rivals that get at each others nerves".
Old 2012-02-05, 16:08   Link #2595
mark1246

The Raw Chinese's version of ch 47 in out now for those who know Chinese raw Website online manga reader

Just to let you know !
Old 2012-02-06, 16:06   Link #2596
Flere821
Lurker

I've finally read the Chinese version, it didn't come out until the last few hours at my source.

Spoiler for comments:
Old 2012-02-06, 20:25   Link #2597
Miraluka
Banned

Well, is kinda a pity Misaki part only had 6 pages and then went to the uniteresting things.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:26   Link #2598
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I've finally read the Chinese version, it didn't come out until the last few hours at my source.

Spoiler for comments:
Im hoping it's cuz of who she is involved with rather than a mess up by kamachi :/
Old 2012-02-06, 23:13   Link #2599
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Spoiler for comments:
Well I am definitely looking forward to this chapter. It does make me interested in how Misaki knows Touma's name though.

It is possible she just knows him from the "Railgun's rumored boyfriend" rumors and found out his name. However, this could mean she knew him from before his memory loss and figured it out like Seria.
Old 2012-02-07, 04:01   Link #2600
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This really smells like Misaka Mikoto versus MEMBER Operatives + Mental Out + (possibly) the rest of Tokiwadai.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen