AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Mou Hitotsu no Sekai OVA Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 4 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 55.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-18, 00:46   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Mahou Sensei Negima!: Mou Hitotsu no Sekai OVA Episode 02 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mou Hitotsu no Sekai OVA, Episode 02.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-11-19, 15:46   Link #2
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I can't really judge the quality of the short fight cause my raw wasn't the best (not bad but not good enough for proper judgment) but I thought the pacing is a bit to slow. I kinda got a bit bored. It really is almost a 1 to 1 adaption and this episode was therefore just Chachamaru finding Negi, treating Negi and starting to search the others , Chisame getting lost and being molested by the tentakels from a cheap Eroanime and Kotaro and Negi fighting. Normally I like it if they keep it close to the original material but this episode kinda felt a bit boring at times.
Old 2009-11-19, 15:51   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I haven't had any success at finding the RAW yet. I've been looking forward to it after the very nicely animated first episode of this OVA series.
Old 2009-11-19, 16:03   Link #4
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Yeah me, too that's why the lacking of action was a bit of a dissapointment. Only one real fight whichs animation indeed wasn't bad but it was to short to get really exciting.

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-11-19 at 16:28. Reason: Just to be sure
Old 2009-11-20, 09:05   Link #5
chickdigger802

ya, feels more like a eps from a full length anime, not an OVA. But think about it animating the fights in this manga would be pretty expensive. But seriously All I want is an ova of negi vs jack..
Old 2009-11-20, 22:57   Link #6
rena-zwei
THE ABYSS IS BACK
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to rena-zwei Send a message via Yahoo to rena-zwei
I DIDn't get to see it T_T
Old 2009-11-21, 05:58   Link #7
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Downloading a raw right now, am very sad I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow after work (midnight my time)

I'll be checking here from work tomorrow with anticipation of what people have to say.
Old 2009-11-21, 07:05   Link #8
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
I cheated and stayed up late to watch it.

Quality of the raw I got is not the greatest, but watchable.

This was a very ecchi episode... Has the Chachamaru "screwing" scene which was one of the more oddly erotic scenes from the manga, and the clothes-eating tentacle monster that attacks Chiu, very gratuitous. ~~

I think the art in this episode is a little worse than the previous, though, or maybe it was just the quality of the raw. Details at further distance seemed to have been sacrificed, and some character proportions got outright ignored sometimes. (Negi stood as tall as Chiu in a later scene, Chiu looked kind of fat in another scene, etc...)

The episode wraps up with a fantastic fight scene between Negi and Kotaro, though. They have gone all out with the spell effects and attention to detail when it comes to fights, and I do appreciate that!

I'll have to disagree with Kitsu on the eroanime comment. Negima is by Ken Akamatsu, and you really have to expect this sort of thing, and as dirty as he gets sometimes, I really am a fan of, yes, even his erotic stuff, though some may label it tasteless. :P And as for the episode being slow, I don't know, I really liked the way they did it. There is a lot of development to get through, though, and while I enjoyed it, I am nervous about what the future may hold. If this is truly only going to be a 6 episode series (Not sure where I read that, first, but I remember reading it somewhere.) I am not sure they will get through all of this story with that kind of time constraint! They have not even touched on what else is going on, and since I can't spoil future events for people, I'll leave it at that.

Overall, I give it a 8 out of 10. 1 point off for oddball art at times, and 1 point off for scaring me with such slow overall series pacing.

Haroo! I go to bed now!
Old 2009-11-21, 07:18   Link #9
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I'll have to disagree with Kitsu on the eroanime comment.
It was more of a joke^^ but you have to admit the tentacle monster is a bit...um cliche ???(and tehrefore I found it funny) well I have to say i kinda enjoyd the scene in the manga more.

About the pacing...Like i said I think that, as well. While I think I read it's gonna be four epiosdes but I don't know if that's right cause the last time I checked for the details of the OAD releases was long time ago.

And now that I finally downloaded a better raw , I can say the end fight was rather nice and worth giving it a few rewatches. The other two "mini-fight scenes" aren't abd but you know a bit to short.
Old 2009-11-21, 08:05   Link #10
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk View Post
And as for the episode being slow, I don't know, I really liked the way they did it. There is a lot of development to get through, though, and while I enjoyed it, I am nervous about what the future may hold. If this is truly only going to be a 6 episode series (Not sure where I read that, first, but I remember reading it somewhere.) I am not sure they will get through all of this story with that kind of time constraint! They have not even touched on what else is going on, and since I can't spoil future events for people, I'll leave it at that.
Well so far it's supposed to be 4 OVAs, one Drama CD (will be the Ala Alba movie part 1 XD), and a movie. even so with current pace that's not going to make to the end of the arc... I like the current pace, it mayeven be better if it was a bit slower as some interesting scenes here and there have to be cut. Now most people complain about pace probably is because they want the OVAs to go far on the arc as things only keep getting greater and greater on it.

All in all, Negima needs a new anime series of the likes of "second season" of Hayate no Gotoku and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Old 2009-11-21, 09:11   Link #11
kwendy

I kinda felt some atmosphere loss in this episode. Mayby, becouse of music choise, maybe, becouse there was too much pink...
Spoiler for :
By the way, it's only me, or Chisame's body is pretty athletic?
Old 2009-11-21, 22:51   Link #12
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

It was a rather disappointing episode. The bmg wasn't too great, nor were the animations. It felt like it had too many still (or still like) frames. The overall quality seemed to have gone down compared to the other OVA's. the fighting scene was also disappointing.
Old 2009-11-26, 17:38   Link #13
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Fantastic episode. NOT as good as the first one, but hey, the first one had Fate. No way can an episode without Fate be better then one with Fate.

Fanservice: a lot. Chacha got screwed HARD by Negi, and I mean that literally. The tentacle scene WAS a little drawn out, but it just made Negi's Big-Damn-Hero moment all the better.

The fist with Kotaro? FUCKING AWESOME. The voice acting, the animation, the music, it was fantastic. And I love how you can hear both Japanese AND Latin when Negi/Fate casts a spell.
Old 2009-11-27, 23:45   Link #14
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Fantastic episode. NOT as good as the first one, but hey, the first one had Fate. No way can an episode without Fate be better then one with Fate.

Fanservice: a lot. Chacha got screwed HARD by Negi, and I mean that literally. The tentacle scene WAS a little drawn out, but it just made Negi's Big-Damn-Hero moment all the better.

The fist with Kotaro? FUCKING AWESOME. The voice acting, the animation, the music, it was fantastic. And I love how you can hear both Japanese AND Latin when Negi/Fate casts a spell.
Yeah, how awesome is it to see Kota-kun finally animated properly? And from the first time Negi wound up Chacha in the manga, it was one of the great double-entendres ever.

As much as I love these OVAs, it increases my frustration at never getting a Negima TV that simply adapted the manga faithfully. Shaft is doing a bangup job with this - it's a great arc and they're doing it justice, staying loyal and keep the more extreme SHAFT-isms to a minimum. But how great would it be to have a new ep coming out next week?
Old 2009-11-29, 04:45   Link #15
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Yeah, the inclusion of that is what makes this such a challenge to translate, too. Well, episode 2 was not as hard, but in Episode 1, I tried to include actual greek lettering for the spells in greek, Japanese lettering for Japanese, etc... but I sort of got overwhelmed and gave up on it (Luckily, it's softsubs, so I can do a patch later)... FoT/A-W ep 2 is in process of being timed, and will have all the spells written out proper again. (Was kinda sad we weren't the first ones to release this time :P )
Old 2009-12-05, 19:08   Link #16
Qilin
Romanticist

The fight scenes are awesome. No doubt about that.
However, the fanservice scenes were very very... irksome, almost hentai.

I'll forgive that since it was faithful to the source material, unlike the previous adaptations. An 8/10 from me.

Last edited by Qilin; 2009-12-05 at 19:10. Reason: added another "very"
Old 2009-12-11, 09:16   Link #17
ZeroForever

hmm just got around to watching it last night.

8/10, as noted the 1st eps had a more epic feel to it, which is to be expected as it is the base for the entire scenario. Chisame is my favorite character but as noted it felt a bit drawn out and it pretty much was a parody hentai tentacle rape scene.
Old 2009-12-13, 03:13   Link #18
Nosauz

It was pretty nice. Chachamaru... kawaii!! Also that fight between kotaoru and negi was really well animated, really they didn't skimp on it. If only they could do an entire 2 cour season at this quality of ala alba arc that would be pretty damn amazing.
Old 2009-12-16, 22:38   Link #19
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm quite disappointing for me...
Eventhough the action scene is good but there is many inconsistency for the animation for this 2nd episode...

Hopefully the 3rd episode will be better...
Old 2010-05-27, 01:58   Link #20
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Hmm quite disappointing for me...
Eventhough the action scene is good but there is many inconsistency for the animation for this 2nd episode...

Hopefully the 3rd episode will be better...
Episode 3 is out. There is no thread for it yet, but...

(Not so much a spoiler, just courtesy for the overly sensitive. It's my opinion of it.)
Spoiler for Negima OAD 3:
Closed Thread