AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-14, 11:13   Link #21
MrZombie

I dunno. Daybreak and Daybreak Kai ran just fine on my system.
Old 2007-12-14, 11:39   Link #22
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
I dunno. Daybreak and Daybreak Kai ran just fine on my system.
Well
My comment was more directed to sound novels and the likes

But, anyway,
it's just that I heard on some other forums people whining that they changed their OS to Vista and they got problems with their games (sound novel) when it worked fine on XP

Maybe it's just their own system peculiarities that caused this
Old 2007-12-14, 12:03   Link #23
GyroidFanatic

The Minagoroshi-hen translation worked fine on Vista
Old 2007-12-14, 12:05   Link #24
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

My Vista computer at home can play Japanese games without any problems.... Though I haven't tried this patch on it.

Though I did look at it on my laptop and the one thing that bothers me is you wrote the names the western way,

other then that, good job
Old 2007-12-14, 13:14   Link #25
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

I'm quite sure it's a problem with some onscripter versions on some kinds of processors. I was able to replicate the same problem using my onscripter, playing the original Japanese game, on Windows XP (so it's not just a Vista problem). I don't encounter the bug on my laptop, which runs XP but has a Pentium III.

I'm using a modified version of Haeleth's latest onscripter build. Both my modified version and the original Haeleth binary have this problem. The older insani onscripter that comes with Minagoroshi doesn't have the problem. I'm still not sure if it's a change in the onscripter code or a bug in a newer SDL library, so I'll just have to do some debugging.

It's a real shame, since I made a number of bugfixes to onscripter that improve the performance of Higurashi...

EDIT: I provided a link and instructions for a temporary workaround for the bug, in Post #164.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2007-12-15 at 17:31. Reason: workaround
Old 2007-12-14, 13:46   Link #26
Tengusoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Heh. You can try out the demo version first if you prefer; it's a free download from the offical site.

So far our patch is just the first 3 days of the first game of 4 in the Question arc, so there's still a long way to go.

I see, I must have misunderstood since I read that minagorosi and matsubarayashi were translated and that you only needed to get the patch from those to get the patch for the previous chapters...
Old 2007-12-14, 16:07   Link #27
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengusoldier View Post
I see, I must have misunderstood since I read that minagorosi and matsubarayashi were translated and that you only needed to get the patch from those to get the patch for the previous chapters...
Minagoroshi-hen is only translated up until chapter 7, and Matsuribayashi-hen isn't tranlslated at all. I think what may be confusing you is the way the Japanese games were released. Each game contained a few older games too:

Onikakushi-hen - Onikakushi-hen only
Watanagashi-hen - Onikakushi-hen + Watanagashi-hen
Tatarigoroshi-hen - Onikakushi-hen + Watanagashi-hen + Tatarigoroshi-hen
Himatsubushi-hen - Onikakushi-hen + Watanagashi-hen + Tatarigoroshi-hen + Himatsubushi-hen
Meakashi-hen - Meakashi-hen only
Tatarigoroshi-hen - Meakashi-hen + Tatarigoroshi-hen
Minagorsohi-hen - Meakashi-hen + Tatarigoroshi-hen + Minagorsohi-hen
Matsuribayashi-hen - Meakashi-hen + Tatarigoroshi-hen + Minagorsohi-hen + Matsuribayashi-hen
Old 2007-12-14, 22:30   Link #28
Roll

Wow that's really good news! Gonna try it right now! xD
Old 2007-12-14, 23:26   Link #29
GyroidFanatic

EDIT: Wrong topic
Old 2007-12-15, 01:25   Link #30
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

That is great I haven't played any of the games yet myself but big thanks for working on the patch for them Sonozaki Futagotachi^^
Old 2007-12-15, 23:51   Link #31
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Exclamation Onscripter bug - fixed!

Hi all,

I fixed that "halting" bug some of you encountered! Turns out one of the libraries, smpeg, has a problem with multicore processors (like Core 2 Duo). I found some fixes online, rebuilt, and it works!

I'm updating the Onikakushi patches to include the fixed onscripter-en.exe; those of you who downloaded a translation patch before Dec. 15 can get just the fixed onscripter here: removed link
Let me know if you find other bugs.

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2008-01-25 at 16:58. Reason: The patches have the fixed onscripter
Old 2007-12-16, 02:18   Link #32
Roll

Wow o.o I already read the 3 first translated days and it is turning out awesome =O... And also tried the minigames too, though it had only the difficulty levels translated xD! Good job, Sonozaki Futagotachi! Can't wait for the rest of the game!
Old 2007-12-16, 08:33   Link #33
Mystearika

its good to see some are transelating again cant wait to day 4 is out
Old 2007-12-24, 16:21   Link #34
June 1983

Mion, thank you for working on these translations. I ordered the first game from paletweb and I'm eager to play it ...
Old 2007-12-24, 16:36   Link #35
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
1. Make sure your system is Japanese enabled.
You can find step-by-step instructions how to enable Japanese read/write capability for English language based Windows XP here.
This link doesn't work anymore ... could anyone point me in the direction of similar instructions? Also, I have Vista -- will this cause me problems? Thanks in advance.
Old 2007-12-24, 23:56   Link #36
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Enabling Japanese

Well, I'm not quite sure about Vista, but here's another page that describes what to do on XP: http://greggman.com/japan/xp-ime/xp-ime.htm

You can stop after the step where you set Japanese as "Language for non-Unicode programs" and reboot, unless you'd like to install support for typing Japanese text.

Happy Holidays ,
Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2007-12-25, 00:08   Link #37
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
This link doesn't work anymore ... could anyone point me in the direction of similar instructions? Also, I have Vista -- will this cause me problems? Thanks in advance.
Here's a Guide for Vista users....

(you poor souls)
Old 2007-12-25, 00:27   Link #38
June 1983

Thank you! I was trying to follow the XP guide and after a certain point it was completely different.

(Vista isn't all bad, it mostly sucks because I have Home Premium which was a mistake, I should have shelled out for Ultimate. At least then I could have downgraded for free to XP instead of having to buy another copy of it ...)

edit: Hurray, I'm playing the demo now.

Last edited by June 1983; 2007-12-25 at 00:40.
Old 2008-01-04, 10:37   Link #39
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

After getting highly addicted to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni after watching the anime seasons, I decided I would love to actually play through the original games. Of course, I dont know Japanese, so that makes it quite hard.

I just found your patches and tried it out with the demo, and it was quite good. Means that there is more hope for me to play the games then "learn to read Japanese".

Great work, and I wish you best of luck in doing this.

Just one quick thing I wouldnt mind asking - is it possible to set onscripter-en to a certain window size? Unfortunetly for me, the Window is a bit small on my screen now, and the --fullscreen option plays weirdly with my screen setup (works fine if I disable all my other screens, but thats a hastle). Any ideas on that topic?
Old 2008-01-04, 10:57   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In most -if not all- Visual novel, you cannot customize the window size.
In case of Higurashi, you simply can't do that. Either the standard size or full screen.