AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Which is your preffered mating race?
Same/Own Race 33 49.25%
White(Caucosoid) 12 17.91%
Asian(Mongoloid) 15 22.39%
Black(Negroid) 1 1.49%
Hispanic 0 0%
Arab 2 2.99%
Other Hybrids (describe the racial mixture) 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-11, 23:29   Link #41
prometheus126
king of the fire

Location: The land of tourist traps, old people and oranges. oh! and also spaceships!!
My wife is Half Taiwanese/half Japanese and I'm as white as can be (blond hair, blue eyes, the works.) so I guess I go with asian though I have dated a mostly ethnic background of women before.
I remember reading a study about how women are far more likely to date exclusively in their own race while men are more likely to date outside. I have no idea how much evidence truly backs it up but it would seem true when looking at it from a psychological standpoint.

I see alot being made about the entire "negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid" classification and entire situation is this: Human beings are a species of great ape, there are three main variation on said base species of great ape which came from three different main regions: Europe, Africa, and Asia. Ethnic groups would be concidered a sub-order of the three variations but most of the time the variation is extremely minute.
If you wanted to, this would be the basic chain scientifically if you wanted to go to Italians

Kingdom: Animilia
---Phylum: vertebrea.
----------Class: Mammilia
----------------Family: Primate
--------------------- Subfamily: Great ape
---------------------------Species: Homo Sapien
-----------------------------Genus: Caucasian
----------------------------------Subgenus: Mediterainian

now that's an extremely simplistic chart to it all but that's basically it. the terms shouldn't really be used outside of scientific discussion since we veiw the human race differently then an entomologist would. Personaly I find the entire hoopla about it all (not talking about here but other places I've been to on the interwebs.) nothing more then a P.C. charged attack about defining the human race as anything remotely like any other animal species.

If I offended anyone with that sorry but it's just how I see it. I get irritated whenever I see someone put up a diagram of a human and they write Homo sapiens as H.Sapiens. because homo sounds too similar to homosexual.
prometheus126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 00:03   Link #42
Woopzilla
Desensitized

No real preference here... probably because I'm half myself. Indian and English. I look mostly Indian but have a little lighter skin.

Rather than a preference, it's probably going to be easier for me to pickup a South Asian girl.
Old 2009-08-12, 00:07   Link #43
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
No real preference here... probably because I'm half myself. Indian and English. I look mostly Indian but have a little lighter skin.
Same case here, lol

My dad is Asian and my mom is Arab and people say that I look mostly like my mom. Hehehe
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 00:39   Link #44
Thingle
Banned

East Asians, "Brazilians" and Brown haired caucasians are ideal for me. I'm not interested in blondes or blacks.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 00:47   Link #45
Charuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
It's a popularized* version of a rather outdated anthropological racial concept. Anthropologists now allege that human populations are actually not so neatly divided genetically as to classify them so simply, among other things. It doesn't help that this taxonomy has been associated with the racist undertones of late 19th century social sciences which made modern academics awfully reluctant to rely on it.
These are racists terms used by racists. No anthropologists uses these terms. Using them in discussion is purely offensive.

And Same/Own Race is a complete copout lol.
Charuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 01:06   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charuru View Post
These are racists terms used by racists. No anthropologists uses these terms. Using them in discussion is purely offensive.

And Same/Own Race is a complete copout lol.
um.... google should be your friend more often:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cauca...ient=firefox-a
Pay particular attention to the sections on physical anthropology and the history of physical anthropology... science marches on (so those terms are obsolete).
I went through most of K-12 filling out forms with exactly those terms on them -- census, school, government, etc.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-12 at 01:43.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 01:24   Link #47
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charuru View Post
Using them in discussion is purely offensive.
To whom? Stop being PC please. It's just a friendly discussion Don't let your politics ruin it.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 01:30   Link #48
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Yeah, this is a friendly discussions and with no racism (racism is the worst, BTW)
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 02:54   Link #49
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I am hispanic, but I am as white as any white person can get.

I could easily blend with a group of americans and nobody would be able to tell me apart just from the looks of the rest.

And no... I don't care about skin colors in matters such as this.
Old 2009-08-12, 03:09   Link #50
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I'll probably go with someone of my own race or anyone who meets personal tastes good personality, perks (guess what I mean by perks *nudge nudge*) and face.

I think quite a lot of people would go with someone of the same race due to them already knowing your culture making it easier to find things in common.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 03:47   Link #51
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There are reasons people might be more comfortable with similar skin tone or genotype... but race does not equal culture

My wife and I are, to a large extent, culturally Texan - genetically, she's of "Japanese" heritage and I'm of "Irish" heritage. We celebrate each other's heritage... but a lot of our connection comes from growing up in the same part of town together.

It makes a lot of sense to marry someone with similar cultural background... but there isn't a 1:1 correlation with race there.
Old 2009-08-12, 04:49   Link #52
Irkalla
I asked for this

Same race, ie white. If I can I pin this down more geographically, my preference are Scandinavian.
Old 2009-08-12, 21:47   Link #53
Cipher

Quote:
There are reasons people might be more comfortable with similar skin tone or genotype... but race does not equal culture
I look at it not as a comfortability but a visual attraction and belief or perception of beauty.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 22:34   Link #54
Nosauz

assimilate with the white majority, it is the only way...

well unfortunately that is the most acceptable choice in the "developed" world, also if you look at the social dynamic within african americans today, its no longer "dark and beautiful" the social constructs seem to be kinder to those lighter in skin tone. Its true this a cynical point of view but its quite interesting how we value "skin tone" and how it relates back to the imperialism expansion of the europeans.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 00:05   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
assimilate with the white majority, it is the only way...

well unfortunately that is the most acceptable choice in the "developed" world, also if you look at the social dynamic within african americans today, its no longer "dark and beautiful" the social constructs seem to be kinder to those lighter in skin tone. Its true this a cynical point of view but its quite interesting how we value "skin tone" and how it relates back to the imperialism expansion of the europeans.
It'll be interesting to see how that evolves as the "white majority" is irrevocably moving to a minority status in America. Just the trends of migration and reproduction, so it goes.
Old 2009-08-13, 00:26   Link #56
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Damn, picked the wrong one.

I'd be fine with anyone on the spectrum of white/Asian.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 00:40   Link #57
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I chose same (white) as that is the type of women I am most interested in; I mean, it comes easier to me because I've known mostly white people all my life and lived in mostly white communities all my life. But second there is oriental women, especially Japanese, Korean, and Chinese and Taiwanese.
Old 2009-08-13, 05:35   Link #58
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Same race (white); I love brown hair and blue eyes....

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 07:08   Link #59
jonli
JONLIの憂'

You know what, I'm going to date a girl from all races and decide after that.

Maybe a very bad idea.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 08:49   Link #60
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It'll be interesting to see how that evolves as the "white majority" is irrevocably moving to a minority status in America. Just the trends of migration and reproduction, so it goes.
Even though the white majority is supposedly disappearing, high society is mostly constructed with the white majority and will stay that way much longer even after the "white majority" disappears, this perceived notion with skin color and wealth has always been a factor among the elite, as long as you want to be at the top you'll have to conform, if not in likeliness then in mannerism, always sacrificing a part of one's self identity to become part of the "elite." I mean just look at the movie industry, not long ago, Speilberg to some, the most famous, most influential director of his time maybe of all time, felt out of place because of his "Jewishness" Considering how the world has come to perceive white and black makes assimilation a much easier choice among those who are desperately trying to escape the social stereotypes imposed by the collective culture. So in fact I really don't see the notion of "white majority" or hell even "white supremacy (white superiority)" changing its long ingrained history.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote