AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 33 39.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 26.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-12, 03:56   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Well it's because I regarded the 1st season as a composition of separate mini-arcs branching towards the different heroines and...
& that's basically the second season as well.
Old 2011-04-12, 04:41   Link #62
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
Especially when the producers/editors themselves didn't/don't believe in the project...

As the author stated in his short life resume in the 8th volume.
Manly tears.
I've done some research and I think the volume the author of that blog was referencing was vol 11 rather than vol 8. I didn't see any heartbreaking words in vol 8 but when the author wrote the thing for Hinoki he really poured out his heart.
Old 2011-04-12, 05:05   Link #63
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I love both the OP and ED and I love how Nichijou and TWOGK connect with a Keima look-a-like. XD
And the 8-bit summary. *cough*

And dat OP was awesome! I wish Season 3 could continue. -_-
Old 2011-04-12, 05:12   Link #64
MartianMage

Currently watching... I think I just spotted Yuri Sakazaki in Keima's game. lol
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2011-04-12, 06:40   Link #65
Qikz

Ah, so happy this is back. I loved the first season and from the first half of the first episode of this season I was already back in love with kaminomi. Elsie is somehow even cuter than she was before and Keima slightly more cooler. The OP was good, not sure if I preffered it to the first seasons thought. Kusunoki is just far, far too cute. I don't know what it is about slightly tsun girls with massively hidden deredere sides that I love, but she's just... <3
Old 2011-04-12, 07:29   Link #66
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
If I didn't watch the full 1st season, can I jump right into this?
If you have at least watched the first episode and know the characters and the reason behind the capturing process, I suppose it's fine to jump right in...there may be little details that come up / is referenced later, but at least for the first episode of season II it's still fine.
Old 2011-04-12, 07:31   Link #67
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Kusunoki's magical fist! Punches through anything!

That is what she should advertise on her dojo.

On the other hand, I hope this season will bring in more viewers. I would certainly want it to reach the later arcs - especially

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-04-12 at 10:03. Reason: no manga spoilers in the anime thread. Manga portion removed.
Old 2011-04-12, 09:02   Link #68
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

2nd season on, starting with our cute-loving karate girl.

Now, direction certainly wasn't better than anything we've seen in 1st season. Humour was lost due to directors' awkward sense of timing, such as the scene like Elsie laughing due to Kami-sama's drawing. I was also disappointed with split-body direction; girl-side having color made it a bit cheesy. I was expecting entirely/white/smoky/ghostlike figure.

Some directions that actually stood out was where Keima says 'I might be bold, but if it is different kind of world, I've already mastered it!'. That's one of my favourite part of Keima's kami-sama antics, and manglobe at least delivered it well.

OP/ED was underwhelming, but it's mainly because 1st season's one was too godly. Hakua appearance made my day, though.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-04-12 at 10:05. Reason: Manga spoilers removed. There is a thread for spoilers & speculations based on manga knowledge
Old 2011-04-12, 10:10   Link #69
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Which bit of the previously posted warning was not understood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Important Note to All Manga Readers:

Per the Spoiler Policy, future content from the manga may not be discussed in anime episode threads, even behind spoiler tags. This includes discussion, speculation, or hints about future heroines, future developments, expectations about future content, predictions of what will/won't be shown based on the show's pacing, etc. etc. If you wish to discuss these matters, please go to the Spoiler & Speculation Thread.

Please note that posting inappropriate spoilers (as defined by the aforementioned policy) can result in warnings, infractions, and bans, so please keep episode threads restricted only to matters shown in the anime. (Again, it doesn't matter if you use spoiler tags in this regard. Please take note.)
This is an anime only thread, hence things like predicting the future of the anime seeing how the manga went, or freely talking of characters that have yet to appear is not allowed. Please stick to what the anime actually has shown, otherwise use this thread:

Kami nomi/TWGOK - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for manga readers only)
Old 2011-04-12, 10:20   Link #70
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Keima the god of gaming is back with the 2nd season.

And i still am well interested in it, cool new OP but i was slightly dissapointed that the ED wasnt another version of Koi no Shirushi.

thumbs up
Old 2011-04-12, 11:20   Link #71
Shadow5YA

One thing that did bother me about this episode was Keima losing in his PFP fighting game. He's not supposed to lose in the 2D world!
Old 2011-04-12, 11:32   Link #72
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
One thing that did bother me about this episode was Keima losing in his PFP fighting game. He's not supposed to lose in the 2D world!
He never loses in the 2D world when it comes to winning the heart of a woman. That's why he's the "King of Conquest".

The games that he is brilliant at are the dating sim/visual novel games. Anything else and it seems like he's hopeless
Old 2011-04-12, 11:38   Link #73
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
The games that he is brilliant at are the dating sim/visual novel games. Anything else and it seems like he's hopeless
I doubt that fighting game wasn't part of one of his VNs. Just look at the last episode of the first season and the games he mastered, all at once. It looks like an error to me... or maybe it was because it was his first time fighting in that particular game and he could have won it if he used kami-mode which he chose not to. I guess when capture targets are not around he can take his life leisurely and carefree so he doesn't win all the time. If he was perfect at everything, he wouldn't need to ever consider changing routes (though I guess this example is a bit out of blue since it was rl).
Old 2011-04-12, 13:19   Link #74
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Perhaps it was a scripted loss, like a hopeless boss fight? Because I can't imagine Keima being bad at any game, fighting or otherwise.
Old 2011-04-12, 13:40   Link #75
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
That was most awesome.

I think Kusunoki's much more beautiful :wub:
Kusunoki's is one sexy girl.

imo she's underrated too.
Old 2011-04-12, 14:40   Link #76
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
The opening and ending for this season were decent, just doesn't match up to what the previous season had.

My god, I thought I was gonna die watching that episode thanks to Kusunoki. Depending on how things go, she just might be my favorite heroine yet so far! Elsie's cuteness never ceases to amuse me either.

... But I gotta admit that attempt to hurt that kitten was pretty harsh.
Old 2011-04-12, 18:06   Link #77
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

A perfect opening and ending....
the introduction scene is very good

and Kusunoki is cuter than in manga.....

10/10 for me.... ^^
Old 2011-04-12, 20:41   Link #78
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Yes, Kami is back, was waiting for this.

Op and ED are great, had some problems adapting to Opening song but after a while I feel it is as great as the first one.

Lol at the recap, 8 bits FTW. Also liked that they did a part of the original opening in 8 bit style. The episode itself was excellent, I have always liked Kunosoki. Cant wait Haqua arc.

Oh, and yeah, I believe this arc will finish next week but I would love they take more time for explain Kunosoki.
Old 2011-04-12, 20:51   Link #79
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome. I really enjoy this series. And the voice casting is perfect too. I had a feeling she was going to like something that contradicted how she really acted.

So many hnngghhh moments too. Especially this one, as previously stated:

Good stuff here.
Old 2011-04-13, 02:42   Link #80
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

when i hear Kusonoki's voice....

Chifuyu-nee is that you?..

HALA MADRID!
Closed Thread