AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 127 65.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 15.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 9.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 7.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-26, 16:07   Link #21
sumomorei

Wow, this really makes me wanna watch it.. On the other hand I'm feeling very sad that Ouran has to end
Old 2006-09-26, 18:06   Link #22
dxgarten

Episode 26 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 18:35   Link #23
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Wow just wow

Spoiler:

Well Im pretty impressed with the ending. Pros was the Club is back together! That was my only true concern, that and everyone finding out haruhi was a girl which appears that now everyone knows that...shocker, didnt see that coming. Also I was kinda surprised to see how mad Hikaru got when Kyou said Tamaki was going to France but he's always had a harder time hiding his feelings I guess

No announcement for 2nd season tho...maybe later then
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2006-09-26 at 20:38.
Old 2006-09-26, 18:45   Link #24
Omniscient

Final Episode Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 18:52   Link #25
musouka

Great ending. Though I say that as a Tamaki/Haruhi fan that loves gorgeously overwrought moments, so I'm sure some people will beg to differ.
Old 2006-09-26, 20:27   Link #26
kaikochan

The ending was pulled off nicely. Haruhi didn't end up with anyone. LOL I guess most people will turn to the manga for more Ouran now. XD
Old 2006-09-26, 20:39   Link #27
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Lovely ending. Though it favors Tamaki/Haruhi, it's all still left undecided :>

Good thing the manga hasn't ended<3
Old 2006-09-27, 09:00   Link #28
wao
OK.

I'm really glad that the ending is not very definite, although this episode was pretty much screaming "HARUHI X TAMAKI FTW!!!!" which I've lost some support for compared to teh beginning... for some reason. I guess it's because I always felt that he wasn't worth Haruhi although she likes him...

But I must say the way Haruhi caught up with Tamaki was so ridiculous it was... funny. I mean it was all very dramatic and nice and "!!!!!!1" but well, ... that's animu, I guess That's Ouran.

I'm going to really miss this show though. I think I liked the balance of drama nad humour, although the humour admittedly did go off occasionally (esp. in the middling episodes, except 13 which was brilliantly produced). I guess I'm guilty of wanting another season (although maybe 13 instead of 26 eps)
Old 2006-09-27, 13:35   Link #29
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Let's say I wasn't satisfied with this ending and I wanted to read the manga. Where do I start from where the anime ends off?
Old 2006-09-27, 14:07   Link #30
hhv94

Wohoo! I loved watching the raw. Thanks for the pics guys! Man what a great open ending. I hope they do a season 2 sometime soon, maybe as the manga goes further ahead with the plot? Sigh, but i'm a bit sad its ended for now...but heres hoping there is more in the future. Oh and I am a Haruhi/Tamaki fan so I was thrilled seing Haruhi go after him like that. Go Haruhi!
Old 2006-09-27, 20:00   Link #31
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Let's say I wasn't satisfied with this ending and I wanted to read the manga. Where do I start from where the anime ends off?
Hmm... the manga is available in the US from Viz, through vol. 7. And coincidentally, the anime sort of covers the manga through vol. 7, although the Manga has some differences, and a few stories that were omitted from the anime. Most notably, the festival arc is completely different, and the pre-festival 'fight for the central salon' arc isn't in the anime, which is shame, because it's very funny. Also, Renge doesn't play nearly as much of a role in the manga as she does in the anime, which is kind of a shame.

One good thing-- Viz is pretty good about releasing new volumes every other month. The translations are a little funky in places, but that's par for the course.

Of course, Episode 26 proves who the real King (or is it Queen?) of the Host Club is-- and if you doubt at all, the last image they show is Haruhi in the King's chair at the Host Club. (Which we really knew all along.)

This is definitely in my top 5 of all time.
Old 2006-09-27, 21:09   Link #32
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious
Of course, Episode 26 proves who the real King (or is it Queen?) of the Host Club is-- and if you doubt at all, the last image they show is Haruhi in the King's chair at the Host Club. (Which we really knew all along.)

I wonder if girls visit Haruhi at the Host Club for the same reasons still or different now... The final episode didn't have a blatant announcement of Haruhi's gender. Those fawning girls in the background of the dance scene could've thought that Haruhi merely stuffed socks down the front of her dress for a Host Club pseudo-homohomo show. XD

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-09-27, 22:00   Link #33
SinsI

Oh, come on - how dumb could those customers be? Even somebody as far from reality as Tamaki recognised that she is a she in one day, surely a year is enough for all of them to find out that Haruhi is a girl, although a very unladylike one. Not that it mattered to them...
Old 2006-09-27, 23:01   Link #34
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Great ending. Though I say that as a Tamaki/Haruhi fan that loves gorgeously overwrought moments, so I'm sure some people will beg to differ.
Too generous I have to say. And god forbid if they kissed or anything remotely close to it I will GAG. As much as I love Tamaki/Haruhi, nothing sickens me more than a sunset kiss.

One way or the other I'm totally up for OT7. Haha. Considering Haruhi danced with all the Ouran members.

Personally, ending was lovely and squee worthy because of the Tamaki/Haruhi moments.
Old 2006-09-28, 00:37   Link #35
3mina

i loved the ending so sweet
i think there will be another season cos at the end haruhi said 'the host club will be waiting for you'
there will be another season!!! *bang the table*
Old 2006-09-28, 01:24   Link #36
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
I wonder if girls visit Haruhi at the Host Club for the same reasons still or different now... The final episode didn't have a blatant announcement of Haruhi's gender. Those fawning girls in the background of the dance scene could've thought that Haruhi merely stuffed socks down the front of her dress for a Host Club pseudo-homohomo show. XD
It doesn't really matter either way. As Renge would say, either way she could probably eat five bowls of rice worth. But considering how they're fired up like in episode 23, I'd say they think Haruhi is cross-dressing... and that would maybe add another bowl or two of rice for Renge and her moe rangers to voraciously devour. XD

"Just repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax..."
Old 2006-09-28, 02:38   Link #37
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

Now this is how you end a series: Provide great closure while there's still flirting about continuing the series.
Ouran 26 brightened up my day after how sucky School Rumble Ni Gakki 26 was.

I thoroughly enjoyed how Kyouya finally gets to flex his financial muscle in the end, proving to even his father, who the TRUE Shadow King is.
Old 2006-09-28, 03:59   Link #38
Forever
Revealing the truth

Awww!!! I hate to see it end! Ep 26 was great!

In this ep, I went from hating kyouya's father to absolutely supporting him! His idea to marry haruhi to kyouya is simply great as a kyouya x haruhi fan! Let's hope tamaki and his father loses.

Anyway, Tamaki X Enclair doesnt seem too bad at all. Maybe Tamaki should choose Enclair after he loses.
Old 2006-09-28, 18:08   Link #39
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
Oh, come on - how dumb could those customers be? Even somebody as far from reality as Tamaki recognised that she is a she in one day, surely a year is enough for all of them to find out that Haruhi is a girl, although a very unladylike one. Not that it mattered to them...

Well the twins do say that Haruhi is in cosplay so I dont think the customers knew anyways. Since the final scene is Haruhi in reg Host clothes they probably still think she's a guy.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-09-28, 18:30   Link #40
SinsI

I can't agree with that. I think they've accepted her as a rare female host, just like those Zuka-bu fans accept their idols - after all she was scouted to join that theater.
Closed Thread