AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-23, 22:25   Link #61
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

imho, too many assume that xxxHOLiC is about Yuuko and absolutely needs the TRC crossovers. I don't think it does.
The simple way I can demonstrate the connection is the movies. In semi predicable fashion, they crossover at a particular point. On the TRC side, it's a necessary plot element. On the xxxHOLiC side, it's not, and actually takes place after all the action.

Yuuko is critical to both series, but where Syaoran and Sakura are the main characters in TRC, Watanuki is the main character in xxxHOLiC. Once that's realized, there clearly is, in fact, a sequential plot in xxxHOLiC centering on him, his future, and the events leading up to it. From how the manga is going, there could be a quite purposeful second season. From the TV perspective, dare I say season 1 was defining the universe, characters, situations, and training both Watanuki and the audience for what is coming.

That's what I think.

Also, I'm sure there will be a few groups working on it. I'd like to work on this season too, but i'd like to gather a group of skilled fans of xxxHOLiC (fansub, remember?) that want to work on the series and have the dedication to consistent high quality. I don't see why so many groups (fan studios, as i call them) operate by twisting staff member's arms to work on a series they don't love to bits, just because they lost a group vote. Tho many in that situation don't last 10 episodes. It's assumed the translator must love the series, why not everyone else that works on it? A project of love.

I'd probably settle for being a TLC to make damn sure things retain the original intended meaning. not literal or overly adapted, but subs that evoke the same expressive essence as the original Japanese. the series has moments where thats less than obvious (S1E17:"Jijou/Self-Worth" for example.)

bah... i rant too much.
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 22:47   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The first TV series does a wonderful job of showing that xxxHolic can be done without Tsubasa Chronicle, and personally i'd rather have it that way. I'm sure they'll find ways around it in the second season, like they did the first.
Old 2008-02-24, 02:41   Link #63
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I own all of the Holic manga (Vol 11 out very soon in English, woo!) and the crossovers really don't interest me, honestly. I don't care about TSR. I love Watanuki and Yuuko getting up to crazy stuff. The relationship between Doumeki and Watanuki is also a major appeal of Holic. But really, the best stuff is Yuuko treating Watanuki as a slave, and Mokona joining in on the torment.

I think that's one reason I prefer the anime to the manga (overall) is that the anime tends to focus just on them, ignoring the little crossover arcs and such. Not to mention the voices are perfect and the music most excellent. I love the story, and that's why I've bought all the manga and follow scanlations while waiting on more volumes, but the anime is still more enjoyable overall, IMO.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 08:49   Link #64
Dop
Mmmm....

People who were wondering about the OP for the new series, may be interested in this. It's another Suga Shikao song, so good news for those who liked 19sai.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 20:18   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
People who were wondering about the OP for the new series, may be interested in this. It's another Suga Shikao song, so good news for those who liked 19sai.
I always thought it was expected that Suga would return for the OP for second season. Ah well, good to hear it's been confirmed.
Old 2008-02-28, 22:09   Link #66
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh good, Im a huge fan of 19sai so Im really glad he'll be doing it again. Hopefully the new OP will be just as cool as the other one was.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 17:08   Link #67
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

TBS's site has officially named the second season:
xxxHOLiC◆継 (ケイ,kei)

The kanji is used to mean "continuation", "resumption" or "succession." I'm not sure if they intend it to mean this is a continuation and more of the same, or an actual transition or change. The latter implies the series will have continuity sufficient to see dramatic changes in the characters. The manga plot would certainly support it.

I could be reading too much into it.
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 09:28   Link #68
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Ghost Hound will be ending soon and 04/08 is upon us...Maybe 3 ~~ 4 weeks to go ?
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 13:29   Link #69
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Watanuki picture from website... >_<:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 13:38   Link #70
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ef Tales of Memories visit xxxHolic world?
Old 2008-03-24, 14:06   Link #71
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
But the TV series hadn't gotten up to that point in the manga yet. I wonder what gives. There wasn't another prior video release somewhere, right?
Old 2008-03-24, 14:16   Link #72
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But the TV series hadn't gotten up to that point in the manga yet. I wonder what gives. There wasn't another prior video release somewhere, right?
Nope, don't think so. They're just spoiling what will happen to him, I guess. It's not like anyone who hasn't read the manga will understand (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
Ef Tales of Memories visit xxxHolic world?
Maybe it's his secret hobby?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-26, 11:23   Link #73
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Well now thats interesting! At least we know the anime will get that far Gah I cant wait! Seriously I cant wait. I think Im looking more forward to this just slightly over Geass

I just want one thing in this season and it better happen~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-03-28, 09:52   Link #74
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Sorry for the dbl post but WE HAVE THE TRAILER!!!

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=XCp4W1h48gA

I like the song though I prefer 19sai still.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-03-29, 19:48   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...Doumeki Shizuka's picture to match Watanuki's...

Spoiler:

Old 2008-03-29, 20:22   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I just want one thing in this season and it better happen~
The first season delivered in what i wanted to see (Woman in the park story --- you'll remember how extremely happy i was about it), and seeing how well they like to stick with the manga, i'm almost certain we'll be seeing the scene you want to see. Yes of course i know which one you mean.

Trailer: God i can't begin to explain how happy i am to see animated xxxholic yet again. My most anticipated show of the season, by far.

& i'm rather shock with the spoilers shown on the official site. I mean yeah syre we manga readers will know what's going on, though i'm sure there will be fans checking out the site, who aren't manga readers.
Old 2008-03-29, 20:55   Link #77
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The first season delivered in what i wanted to see (Woman in the park story --- you'll remember how extremely happy i was about it), and seeing how well they like to stick with the manga, i'm almost certain we'll be seeing the scene you want to see. Yes of course i know which one you mean.

OT but related I actually reread Woman in the Park a few days ago just cuz thats also my fav chap so far in the manga.

Quote:
Trailer: God i can't begin to explain how happy i am to see animated xxxholic yet again. My most anticipated show of the season, by far.
Same, Geass is just alittle behind but Ive been anticpating this since the 2nd season was annoc and its almost here!

Quote:
& i'm rather shock with the spoilers shown on the official site. I mean yeah syre we manga readers will know what's going on, though i'm sure there will be fans checking out the site, who aren't manga readers.

Agreed but maybe theyre hoping the anime only fans will be intrigued enough to either 1) read the manga or 2) make sure to tune in. Course that pic goes along with whats shown in the trailer, so we know its coming.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-03-29, 21:29   Link #78
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

To remember season 1.

Old 2008-03-30, 06:37   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

OT but related I actually reread Woman in the Park a few days ago just cuz thats also my fav chap so far in the manga.
You better me buying the R1 DVD's, just for that story.

I love the manga's version, though for me the anime beats it because for a few reasons --- music of course being the main one. S.E.N.S. <3

Quote:
Agreed but maybe theyre hoping the anime only fans will be intrigued enough to either 1) read the manga or 2) make sure to tune in. Course that pic goes along with whats shown in the trailer, so we know its coming.
Probably 'make sure to tune in' if you ask me, i mean if people watched the first season, then i would have thought they'd check out the manga by now. But yeah, a good plan they've set up.
Old 2008-03-30, 13:02   Link #80
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Loved the first series. I think this is the only series what is interesting for me this Spring.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, supernatural