AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-10, 14:51   Link #261
Clarste
Human

Edit: This is meant to be a sudden burst of inspiration.

Blake! His name is Blake! Sharon's servant guy that is. That makes a lot more sense than Break or whatever the scanslations called him.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:24   Link #262
Falkor

guys, be very careful with those spoilers. If there's something you want to discuss from the manga and it hasn't been shown in the anime yet, the manga thread is here.

if there's something you want to speculate, please use the correct labels in your spoiler tags (e.g. speculation from ep. 2; or speculation for character X). if you want to speculate something from the manga, do so in the corresponding place.

Pandora Hearts is plot-driven, and those spoilers may or may not ruin the enjoyment of the show depending on what you are about to say. This is the only place to discuss about the anime---let's be considerate for now.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:46   Link #263
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I will also point out that posts such like "PUT SPOILER TAGS!!" etc will simply add more oil in the fire, as it will lead to the assumption that the said portion IS a spoiler although it could have been overlooked by the readers for any reason (hint, vague, etc).

As such, if by the offchance a spoiler is left intact, please use the report function () This method is the fastest and probably the least harmful to prevent a spoiler being spread like wildfire.
Old 2009-04-10, 17:28   Link #264
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

Blake! His name is Blake! Sharon's servant guy that is. That makes a lot more sense than Break or whatever the scanslations called him.
For some reason, whenever I see his name in Japanese, I always read Break though... Actually, I like that. Break. I'll keep it that way.
Though Blake definitely seems more logical.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 18:06   Link #265
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

No his name is officially romanized to Xarxes Break (ザークシーズ ブレイク )
Old 2009-04-10, 19:24   Link #266
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Another good argument for ignoring "official" transliterations. Clearly, that should be Xerxes Blake.

I don't really mean that, of course. We probably have to go with a transliteration if it's recognized by the official site, just for consistency. But I do wish Japanese companies were more respectful of English, and maybe of the original authors, who may well have known what name they were aiming for. Oh, well, tit for tat: it's not as if we don't butcher Japanese.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 22:21   Link #267
Envoy
SacrificeSheep2God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Where exactly does this 'official romanisation' come from, by the way? People have been unanimously romanising ブレイク as Break, ナイトレイ as Nightray, ラトウィッジ as Latowidge, etc. since forever, and I'm curious as to whether there is an official source for these suspicous romanisations or not.
Envoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 00:19   Link #268
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

IIRC the First press of the Drama CD or a volume of the manga
Old 2009-04-11, 05:45   Link #269
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode two features classic Kajiura Yuki pieces. Guess it was about time i guess, though i was hoping she'd break anyway from what she's always doing and create a score unlike anything we've ever seen from her (Kara no Kyoukai for example). Ah well, it's just a great score upto now.
Old 2009-04-11, 09:35   Link #270
Vital Regions

I'd never heard of the manga before, but I think I'll really like this anime, judging by the first episode.
Vital Regions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 13:27   Link #271
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Ok, second ep helped me to tolerate Ayako's voice a bit. I guess I can try to get used to it (as her serious voice is much better than her cute one)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 18:48   Link #272
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wow, each episode is so packed that I wouldn't be worrying about fillers yet. And funny, Oz came off as more of a flirt in the manga, here he was more of a lovestruck puppy over Sharon.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 21:31   Link #273
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2009-04-11, 22:35   Link #274
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep2:

Yeah, that's who I thought the shinigami was too. Still if I'm going to hell, he going there first if I was Oz.
Old 2009-04-12, 00:47   Link #275
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Second ep even better than the first, I thought. Maybe it was due to no OP or ED, but I swear that felt like about 8 minutes - I couldn't believe the entire ep had flown by at the end. Again, this is the series that seems fully realized to me - it seems totally ware of the story it wants to tell and way to tell it, and just goes about doing so brilliantly. And again, I'm left counting the hours till the next release. That's a very good sign.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 01:58   Link #276
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Spoiler for 2:
Old 2009-04-12, 02:02   Link #277
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Second ep even better than the first, I thought. Maybe it was due to no OP or ED, but I swear that felt like about 8 minutes - I couldn't believe the entire ep had flown by at the end.
I thought the same thing, can't believe the episode flew so fast. The ceremony was great, lots of mystery and suspense is just what it needs

Quote:
Where exactly does this 'official romanisation' come from, by the way?
Some names are mistranslated thanks to difference in pronounciation, like the r->l thing. Other names change 100% to have a more english air about them (like translating Sakura to Nikki etc.)

It's too bad I didn't get to see the preview of episode 3, I have a feeling it will be just as interesting...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 02:19   Link #278
Manic
real men love pink

well aoshen cut it all out, the translations werent good either i liked that his named went from Oz to Oscar back to Oz and then finally Os.

[needless spoiler removed by a moderator]

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-04-12 at 06:59.
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 06:03   Link #279
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Next episode is probably one of my favorite parts i've read in the manga. Going by the preview, it looks like they've captured the Abyss perfectly.

Shame most of you aren't sharing your thoughts on what you think of the black rabbit.
Old 2009-04-12, 08:14   Link #280
FireChick

Ummm...I have a question. Are there subbers who don't sub the OP/ED of some anime? Cuz' I'm trying to watch the 2nd episode somewhere (I would mention, but I'm not allowed to), but the OP and ED aren't subbed!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen