AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-19, 08:56   Link #641
matteas
Member Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive View Post
I haven't played the Ecstasy version much yet (damn team #fluffy for taking forever) but I have a rough idea!

There are 3 new character routes, Saya, Sasami and Futaki, with Saya's route being very long compared to the routes in the original version. Some of the old character routes have received new content, for example Kud's route, which is extended by roughly one quarter of its original length. Besides that, the minigames have some additions too, such as Dorj making an entrance in the batting practice and new items in the battle rankings.
I've heard about the 3 new characters routes, but what I was wondering was if the old character routes were expanded or altered in any way as well, so your answer was right on spot even though I didn't specifically mentioned it in my question. Thanks a lot!

Kudo is probably my favorite character, so it makes me happy that Ecstasy contains more of her story. Futaki seems to have quite some potential for an interesting route too, so I'm looking forward to reading that one as well.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 06:13   Link #642
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Damn, I forgot I haven't played Saya's route yet (and LB:EX in general)

Now where did I put that LB:EX...

Btw Kudo's story was probably extended because the original route made little to no sense. Kudo is my obligatory fav character as a lolicon, but my true favorite character is...Mio! Is there anyone here who's with me? Her route is simply the most beautiful in LB imo. So beautiful I still get chills remembering her last scenes even 3 years after I played it. Not much galge is as poetic as her route.
Old 2011-06-28, 19:30   Link #643
gsm
Dragon Knight

Quote:
Nope, no benefits in that. You can try to defeat Mask the Saito for some new scenes though!
Ah, i see. I think i'm going to refain myself asking about what's with whole mask fiasco that the creators came up with

Oh yeah, saw your new and improved walkthrough, giving it 10/10.

Hope that the last 10% translation will be done soon. In the meantime, i'm going to try the Muscle Sensation omake
gsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 23:38   Link #644
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
Yeah I enjoyed mios route ...while I was playing it i thought of this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5hXtGkzZ9k
Of the ones I have played I have to say that I enjoyed Harukas route the most because it had the most emotional weight
Old 2011-07-02, 15:40   Link #645
Rive
Game Start

Send a message via MSN to Rive
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Damn, I forgot I haven't played Saya's route yet (and LB:EX in general)

Now where did I put that LB:EX...

Btw Kudo's story was probably extended because the original route made little to no sense. Kudo is my obligatory fav character as a lolicon, but my true favorite character is...Mio! Is there anyone here who's with me? Her route is simply the most beautiful in LB imo. So beautiful I still get chills remembering her last scenes even 3 years after I played it. Not much galge is as poetic as her route.
Spoiler for Mio's route:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm View Post
Ah, i see. I think i'm going to refain myself asking about what's with whole mask fiasco that the creators came up with

Oh yeah, saw your new and improved walkthrough, giving it 10/10.

Hope that the last 10% translation will be done soon. In the meantime, i'm going to try the Muscle Sensation omake
You're better off asking what's with the Saito appearances! Clannad had Jet Saito and it was about as nonsensical as this one too.

Glad you like the walkthrough! The layout is taken from LB EX Perfect Visual Book with some changes here and there. Still got Kurugaya and Mio to re-do and then it's back to wondering what I could write about the minigames. It's hard to come up with actual data so something like best batting order and field positions are a challenge.
Old 2011-07-20, 06:13   Link #646
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Can't really decide what I feel about this game. It's so awesome and funny and enjoyable but then it gets so sad and depressing towards the end. I hate that. I also don't like VNs that forces you to play multiple times so that you can have other available choices. Thats good for multi-playthrough factor but not for me who thinks that first play is the most memorable one.

So anyway I played and finished with Kud, it was so and so I guess. I like Kurugaya but I heard people saying that it's pretty sad so, any recommendations on what route to play next?
Old 2011-07-21, 01:45   Link #647
Rive
Game Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Can't really decide what I feel about this game. It's so awesome and funny and enjoyable but then it gets so sad and depressing towards the end. I hate that. I also don't like VNs that forces you to play multiple times so that you can have other available choices. Thats good for multi-playthrough factor but not for me who thinks that first play is the most memorable one.

So anyway I played and finished with Kud, it was so and so I guess. I like Kurugaya but I heard people saying that it's pretty sad so, any recommendations on what route to play next?
Nice to see you've liked the fun parts at least! The common Key VN formula is that they start off more or less light-hearted and then get more serious during the character routes, so there's no drama-free option for you. Rin1, as short as it is, isn't all that bad and Kurugaya's route is a good pick too.
Old 2011-07-21, 06:05   Link #648
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Nice to see you've liked the fun parts at least! The common Key VN formula is that they start off more or less light-hearted and then get more serious during the character routes, so there's no drama-free option for you. Rin1, as short as it is, isn't all that bad and Kurugaya's route is a good pick too.
Nah, all my bitching is just a temporary displeasure, I'm enjoying the game through and through. If something bothered me greatly I would just drop everything and move on. And yeah it seems like Key does the same for all their games.

Thanks for the advice, I'll go for Rin and Kurugaya's route next. And one question, Sasami should have a route of her own in Ecstasy right?
Old 2011-07-21, 06:10   Link #649
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, but Sasami's route has some specific requirements in order to unlock her route (the same applies to Kanata and Saya).
Old 2011-08-13, 17:05   Link #650
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
I didn't really think Kurugaya's route was sad at all its just really strange
I think the authors watched allot of the twilight zone before hand
Old 2011-08-13, 20:29   Link #651
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

oh bump

well on related news

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._busters_vita/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 08:38   Link #652
SoulofSomfing

ha?haa?hAAAAAAA? what the hell is.. scary scary! (LB referenced XD)

LB on vita? well thats a damn surprise. i wonder how the minigames will be improved. Does it also count the battles too? Although i highly doubt it. Mayb touch screen to hit ball for baseball practice or somfing
Old 2011-08-15, 03:10   Link #653
ShouTakuya

I played EX finally, after the english patch 5.1 came

anyone have an idea about the target shooting of Saya right before and after the battle ranking match?
Old 2011-08-21, 16:23   Link #654
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm going through the ME edition main route. Thanks to the translation team!

Is the baseball match winnable during your first run through? I've been going at it for an hour and only once have I come somewhat close.

Ok: nvm. I managed to win somehow. My batting order after the nth try if anyone cares:

1st Kyosuke
2nd Komari
3r: Kuguraya
4rth: Rin
5th: Masato
6th: Haruka
7th: Riki
8th: Kud

With the fist fourth hitters having the the highest agility the clue was stealing base/home at every chance. Haruka sucks at getting on base so I left her behind.

Bunting and squeezing never work for some reason.

edit2: wow, I didn't even notice and I'm already into Rin's route. I just hope KEY doesn't go down the let's forget about everyone else but the current arc girl path.

Last edited by Proto; 2011-08-21 at 18:32.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 22:30   Link #655
Proto

So far Rin1 feels more like Rin and Cats rather than Rin and Riki or Little Busters. Personally I'd prefer Little busters.

edit: Oh, nvm. Bad end. Do I have to go before the game? aaaaa
Old 2011-08-22, 01:36   Link #656
Rive
Game Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
So far Rin1 feels more like Rin and Cats rather than Rin and Riki or Little Busters. Personally I'd prefer Little busters.

edit: Oh, nvm. Bad end. Do I have to go before the game? aaaaa
Rin1 ends abruptly. If you saw some white lines against black background, you've played it through correctly. The Rin2 choices listed in the walkthrough (you meant that by speaking of going before the game, right?) can only be reached after you've done Rin1 and the other characters' routes. Good job with winning the baseball match on your first time through btw!
Old 2011-08-22, 11:19   Link #657
Proto

Oh, well I guess that sets it. I actually tried some different things and got extra scenes with Mio and Sasami, and Rin seemed more confident overall on the second go, but still I got the bad end. Thanks for the head-up. I was getting ready to can the game for a few weeks since it was getting frustrating.

That's why I much prefer games like Umineko. I don't have the time to be manually work through a decision tree.
Old 2011-08-23, 01:57   Link #658
ShouTakuya

Quote:
Rin1 ends abruptly. If you saw some white lines against black background, you've played it through correctly. The Rin2 choices listed in the walkthrough (you meant that by speaking of going before the game, right?) can only be reached after you've done Rin1 and the other characters' routes. Good job with winning the baseball match on your first time through btw!
where can i get that walktrough?
Old 2011-08-23, 21:40   Link #659
Proto

I was blazing though the game till I got to Kud's route where there are large chunks that are particular to ME/EX that are untraslated. Fortunately the kanji's are simple enough and the voiced dialogue helps a lot so I can go through it without missing too much, but my pace has dropped to like 20%.
Old 2011-08-24, 08:36   Link #660
Rive
Game Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I was blazing though the game till I got to Kud's route where there are large chunks that are particular to ME/EX that are untraslated. Fortunately the kanji's are simple enough and the voiced dialogue helps a lot so I can go through it without missing too much, but my pace has dropped to like 20%.
Yeah, there's actually a problem with the EX/ME release which causes even parts we've translated to show in Japanese in Kud's route. A lot of Kud's route is new material, but not to that extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouTakuya View Post
where can i get that walktrough?
http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...B!:Walkthrough

Last edited by Rive; 2011-08-28 at 19:07.
Rive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel