AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-03-27, 11:11   Link #41
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
er, well, here's the idea i had, since there really is nothing for me to do right now...

it's also set in a steampunk-ish world, which follows the main character -- most likely young (below 20 years old), who had summoned and made a pact with a demon. the demon here is rather ambiguous, as he/she/it has no real sense of good and evil. anyway, the reason for summoning the demon was because the main character is a caught between a power struggle within his family due to an inheritance. his older brother had sent people to kill him, and in a desperate attempt of survival, summoned the demon within himself.

in a nutshell, the main character and the demon share one body, though there's not much problem with regards to a split personality due to the fact that they're quite alike in their actions.

aside from steampunk, i had hoped in writing to make this splatterpunk as well, which may have been one of the reasons i had little time to work on this due to adding moe elements here. anyway, the main plot here is the main character's own plan to seize power, first within his family, and much later on to bigger things.

one of the main problems i see on my idea is that it reminds me of death note and code geass after modifying it for this suggestion.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 11:24   Link #42
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@derelict88: I love that you have a wacom tablet with your laptop during a production meeting. It reminds me of when I would doodle on my tests in school. One time I was correcting my friends test in like 4th grade but the teacher was taking too long so he got not just a grade, but a giant picture of captain america on his multiple choice test as well.

@ aka Providence: of course you can throw an idea out . Please do. I'd love to hear your idea. Each new idea can be added into the story as tenken talked about or even take over the story. Better hurry though, the steam punk world is selling me more and more by the minute. It is like I am involuntarily imagining pieces of the world construction as well as thinking about what feel I'd like it to have even though I originally planned on staying kind of detached until it was time to choose. Heh, oops. For instance, I have been thinking up I did a search and came up with this pages photos of more rural asia to contrast with the heavy machinery the world will have. Also I've been looking at chinese and japanese architecture and imagining its themes put over giant ships. I'm looking at different galleries with the firefox Piclens plugin which is a party by itself in a minority report sort of way. Then I am imagining mythical statues and... well you get the idea.

And tenken627, that is actually a pretty cool idea. It might just be an example of what is possible but it really made me think. It has a real bittersweet feel to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Interesting idea Providence. I have never heard of splatterpunk before. After reading the wiki page it seems shocking to say the least. The morally ambiguous demon reminds me of Migi from the manga Paracyte, an alien that lives in the main characters hand. Paracyte was really cool with how it addressed human morality from the point of view of creatures not human, not to mention migi was cute. It also reminds me of D's hand from vampire hunter D. Not sure why both paracytes live in their hands though. The story sounds like a quest for revenge ala Counte of Monte Cristo but with how dark it is I get the feeling the survivor count at the end of the story would hang somewhere around 1 possibly not including the main character. Sort of like Hamlet which has a giant blood bath at the end of it. Definite dark seinen feel to it. Lots of story potential for examining the really dark side of human emotions. I can see why you need black magic mana .

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-03-27 at 13:01.
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 11:36   Link #43
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
@ aka Providence: of course you can throw an idea out . Please do. I'd love to hear your idea. Each new idea can be added into the story as tenken talked about or even take over the story. Better hurry though, the steam punk world is selling me more and more by the minute. It is like I am involuntarily imagining pieces of the world construction as well as thinking about what feel I'd like it to have even though I originally planned on staying kind of detached until it was time to choose. Heh, oops. For instance, I have been thinking up I did a search and came up with this pages photos of more rural asia to contrast with the heavy machinery the world will have. Also I've been looking at chinese and japanese architecture and imagining its themes put over giant ships. Then I am imagining mythical statues and... well you get the idea.
^points to my previous post*. well, the post was half the story idea, as i got the other half; an old outline in paper.
Old 2008-03-27, 13:46   Link #44
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
And tenken627, that is actually a pretty cool idea. It might just be an example of what is possible but it really made me think. It has a real bittersweet feel to it.
It's not my idea, it's actually yours and the people who have posted in this thread. Once the story has some sort of base to it, new ideas can be attached or thought of from there. Then you can decide which idea is workable or not.

For example, using the sample storyline from above, we could use mythological beings (I forgot whose idea that was. edit - Tempest35's idea) as the creators of the main characters, they could possibly be even demi-gods. These demi-gods could be the actual real rulers of the different civilizations in this steampunk world. Maybe each civilization has different mythological beings as their rulers and their armies would be a mix of steam robotics/engineering and mythical creatures (minotaurs that are half machine, maybe?), as well as enhanced normal fighters (high tech knights, rune covered beserkers, etc.). The main characters would be another experimental weapon that these mythical rulers have created.

Using Fenrir_Valindri's ideas, the main characters could be the adopted children of someone near the royal court. Close enough to befriend someone in the royal family. The death of their friend at the betrayal of Atlantis could very well be the reason why the main characters are sucked into the war in the first place.

You could even have the special abilities of the main character to be demon summoning/possession using aka Providence's ideas. By letting a demon possess their bodies for certain times, the main characters could be especially powerful, and the idea will still work with the mythological beings storyline (as well as the inevitable death storyline).

This might be making it too complicated, but you get the gist.

Edit: After looking back at all of this ^^^, all I have to say is Wow, that's a lot of stuff mixed up into one. At least it would be really original .

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-03-27 at 14:30.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 14:26   Link #45
rainbow_rena
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Well, you can use elements from each of those ideas (except #2) for the basis of a story right there.

Two teenage kids (one of them may or may not be Kairin) living in a steampunk world discover that they have extraordinary abilities. After being sucked into war, where they see that all is not black and white or good and evil, they realize that their bodies have a sickness and that they are in fact dying. After traveling around this steampunk world to search for answers on why they are dying (with adventures on the way), they discover that the reason why they have special abilities and why their bodies are deteriorating is because they are not human at all, they were actually created as weapons. With only a limited lifespan left, they decide that they must stop their creators from creating more weapons like themselves/conquering the world/destroying humanity/or something else.

I'm not saying that this is the story to use, but I'm just showing how one could look if you put those ideas together.
had a quicj look through this thread and i like the idea of combining all the ideas, up here^^
Old 2008-03-27, 15:26   Link #46
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

I like the idea of (as Fenrir put it) a cast of characters that get equal spotlight. In this way we have more characters personalitys to tweak. Defferent people getting infolved for differn't reasons. In this way we can combine the differn't ideas somewhat. Somebody was the experament with phychic powers, Somebody was the hacker that got into deep, another person was a bodygaurd of some top officail now gaurding his daughter who could be the strong female role and have a lot of infulence with her 'group' whether magical,magic knight etc
Whow so many ideas. Good luck Chibimonster
Old 2008-03-27, 17:57   Link #47
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

where did the daughter part come from? I do like the odd ball group. What if they all get put on a different world from there own world. all of the people have a language barer and so on.

the experament with phychic power's

A hacker

A body gaurd gaurding A dangers girl who is thought to be evil.

the dangers girl who breaks the language barrier and has the infulence in the grope but is dieing.

this is what I though would be cool if we put all the Idea's together.
Enara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 21:41   Link #48
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Two teenage kids (one of them may or may not be Kairin) living in a steampunk world discover that they have extraordinary abilities. After being sucked into war, where they see that all is not black and white or good and evil, they realize that their bodies have a sickness and that they are in fact dying. After traveling around this steampunk world to search for answers on why they are dying (with adventures on the way), they discover that the reason why they have special abilities and why their bodies are deteriorating is because they are not human at all, they were actually created as weapons. With only a limited lifespan left, they decide that they must stop their creators from creating more weapons like themselves/conquering the world/destroying humanity/or something else.
an idea for the idea above:

instead of a terminal illness, how about this -- slowly as time passes they lose some (or a lot) of the human traits they were born with. for example, soon they no longer need to rest or eat food; or at least they can survive in harsh environments with litte to no outside support. on the other hand, they become more sensitive to certain things, such as sight and sound, which becomes more of a problem when they're around people. they were born human, but sometime after their birth they were developed as living weapons; and as they grow older they get a better understanding on the situation around them.
Old 2008-03-27, 21:50   Link #49
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Okay, here is what we are going to do. The world background is going to be the Steam Punk crossed with ancient civilizations revamped to be even more awesome. So there are giant machines, empires battling, flying ships, most people fight with swords, and the like. I like Fenrir's idea of an untamed natural world as well so I think other worldly creatures, dragons or giant insects, dinosaur like creatures, giant birds or whatever. Exaggerating the natural worlds beauty and power to match the grandiose civilizations would be a fun contrast I think. The background story may be epic, but the main story does not need to follow a "fate of the world rests on your shoulders chosen one" plot although it certainly could.

I also like the idea of mixing pieces of the story together and think we should do that. We need to find a solid combination. Most of the ideas can be included by adding attributes to the characters. A strong female hacker/steampunk mechanic, maybe a knight with a demon inside who wants to get revenge, dangerous psychic girl or boy who is slowly dying/becoming inhuman, and so on. I like the idea of strong leading females too. We need one who does combat .

I like the back stories that have been put together. I am going to rifle through them a bit to see what we have so far as there have been a bunch that I like. I am thinking we might want to use Joseph Campbell's monomyth to make the main character's plot easier to handle, but it is not a necessity. I am also thinking of hijacking pieces of a plot from stories that we enjoy.

Spoiler for Introduction I imagined:
Old 2008-03-27, 21:58   Link #50
derelict88
Huh! Made ya read!! :D

Fenrir_valindri
I kinda like in your ideas mate. It does seem to fit along with what I had in mind. But the scope is kinda big tho. There is a fine line where originality are in question especially most pronouce when following your line of thought. When you have steampunk, magic and knights put together that might ultimately be compared with Battle Chasers by Mad. If you have robots and dragons than it might look like 5 star stories.

Unless there is a way to separate us from 'that' manga/comic than I see there might be a conflict of interest in the near future. Which is why I felt prudent for us to stick with the lay people and ignore the mega influential people of that world. Just like us... no good no evil to foreshadow our every move. Simplicity is the name of the game.

My two cents... but I will go with the flow if there is a general consensus.

Quote:
Okay, here is what we are going to do. The world background is going to be the Steam Punk crossed with ancient civilizations revamped to be even more awesome. So there are giant machines, empires battling, flying ships, most people fight with swords, and the like. I like Fenrir's idea of an untamed natural world as well so I think other worldly creatures, dragons or giant insects, dinosaur like creatures, giant birds or whatever. Exaggerating the natural worlds beauty and power to match the grandiose civilizations would be a fun contrast I think. The background story may be epic, but the main story does not need to follow a "fate of the world rests on your shoulders chosen one" plot although it certainly could.
Just make sure it doesnt come out all Last Exile than we are on a safe ground.
derelict88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 22:12   Link #51
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Quote:
kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics. one thing i suggest that might add extra style to the world would be to use some 'real-world' references here and there. nothing too obvious, of course, for example: calling somebody a 'walking nuclear bomb' when there's not knowledge on what a nuke really is, that sort of thing.
Old 2008-03-27, 22:21   Link #52
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think as long as we have a cohesive plot from the beginning and consistent characters we will be safe from ending up like Last Exile. The animation was fantastic but I never really latched onto any of the characters except maybe Al and that Goat doll that made funny noises. I liked the boy from the guild who integrated into the ship, but once he was brainwashed things got wierd and it was like a crazy commentary about aristocratic society. Parts of the show were very enjoyable for me even though it took me quite a while to get through the series. I actually really liked the introduction music, feel, and animation. Maestro Delphine's rose torture and Alex's revenge was pretty cool for me.
Old 2008-03-27, 22:48   Link #53
derelict88

Quote:
I think as long as we have a cohesive plot from the beginning and consistent characters we will be safe from ending up like Last Exile. The animation was fantastic but I never really latched onto any of the characters except maybe Al and that Goat doll that made funny noises. I liked the boy from the guild who integrated into the ship, but once he was brainwashed things got wierd and it was like a crazy commentary about aristocratic society. Parts of the show were very enjoyable for me even though it took me quite a while to get through the series. I actually really liked the introduction music, feel, and animation. Maestro Delphine's rose torture and Alex's revenge was pretty cool for me.
You have just sum up everything and anything to do with Gonzo... Now that the creative minds left that animation company they have been churning out crap and rubbish lately. Worst animation I have seen thus far is Bakuretsu Tenshi. I expected they be fantastic after the acquisition of Digimation but Ohhh nooosss...

the only one that I can depend on is still Production I.G.

Edit: BTW go watch 5 Centimeters Per Second. You should like it.
Old 2008-03-27, 23:30   Link #54
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

I can't help it but I love the nuclear bomb person some one with so much power they just are like a bomb. say the chibaMonster Idea of the little girl meat's the "bomb" person. this is so much fun!!!
Enara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 23:47   Link #55
derelict88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enara View Post
I can't help it but I love the nuclear bomb person some one with so much power they just are like a bomb. say the chibaMonster Idea of the little girl meat's the "bomb" person. this is so much fun!!!
...and than we will have Heroes wannabe to content with.

"Save the cheerleader...."

But I degress (yes it is a word based on Spider-man dictionary) and stand corrected.
Old 2008-03-28, 00:08   Link #56
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

more silly nitpicking: the use of swords could be downplayed here. kinda like it's already an era where the use of swords/close-range weapons is being phased out in favor of rifles and/or technology. of course, some crazy close range weapons would look nice. i've always been in love with the idea of a giant sword-chainsaw hybrid, and while in might not be savvy weapon for one-on-one duels, it has a certain intimidation against cannon fodder.
Old 2008-03-28, 00:36   Link #57
denkikoiji
Oniai loveru!
*Graphic Designer

hey i was working on something of a manga but it never really took off and i ended up not starting it but i still have it so here is mine lol i got 2 different themes:

Ok, well i guess: i would like to do a science fiction, love romance, action, drama, love triangle kinda manga ^_^ ok well im going to do a plot:
Spoiler for theme1:

and another one combined lol this one more space lol
Spoiler for theme2:

but thats just a new plot i thunk of lol idk if anyone would like them lol but i tried my best lol

you can use mine if you like them or what ever you would want to pick really lol...
Old 2008-03-28, 01:04   Link #58
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
I agree that this doesn't have to be the "save the world" quest, but it is hard to avoid that route, unless our party (wink) decides to be a neutral faction that plays the middle ground while interacting with the various Empires.

Quote:
I also like the idea of mixing pieces of the story together and think we should do that. We need to find a solid combination. Most of the ideas can be included by adding attributes to the characters. A strong female hacker/steampunk mechanic, maybe a knight with a demon inside who wants to get revenge, dangerous psychic girl or boy who is slowly dying/becoming inhuman, and so on. I like the idea of strong leading females too. We need one who does combat .
Let me see if I can throw some ideas in here.

For our Strong Female character, having her as the hacker/steampunk mechanic can always be good, she could even use it in a untraditional fashion (a genius of sorts) and actually be a large asset in a fight, even if she wouldn't appear to be one when standing next to the Knight or simliar character. She could be idealistic, but still a practical person.

Her relationship with the Knight could be one of admiration, possibly with romantic ties, but she would be put off by his own ideals, or perhaps his appearance. She often talks to him anyway, trying to understand him more, and maybe even get him to help her with our third character.

Our "steampunk's" relationship with the "walking bomb" could be one of sympathy, and something of a personal goal for her. (She wants to help her) She tries to befriend her, but is having a hard time understanding the feelings of someone as dangerous as our "bomb," and thus turns to the "Knight" for help.

---------

The Knight with a demon is something I am personally interested in, so let me throw some ideas at it.

I, as well as a few others, have always been interested in the non-traditional roles of certain elements. Instead of something as direct as a "Demon" we could use the "Elements" route and say he channels "Dark" or "Shadow" energy, a much more indirect route then simply something as "evil-in-a-can" as a demon

Of course just because it is "Dark" does not mean it is evil, although that could well be a misconception in the world setting itself, it could be unstable, and thus dangerous to use, hence its reputation.

"Shades of Gray" are a must IMO, and this character could very well be our primary vessal of that in the story.

His relation to steampunk is probably a fond one, but that would be something he wouldn't say outloud. He would appear to aloof to others in the "group" but is actually quite protective of his "comrades."

The Knight's relationship to the "Bomb" could be one of the most important ones in the story, as his own power would allow him to understand the girl better. He would be more openly protective of the "bomb" then any other character, perhaps even acting as a "big-brother" figure of sorts.

----------------

The "walking bomb" character should be female, just to generate more sympathy points, and a kind person to boot. She could be somewhat anti-social due to the nature of her abilities. She would normally have a good wrap on her powers, but if she is forced to use them excessivly she loses control quickly. Just for kicks we could make her a prominent figure in the world (a High-Priestess of immense power)

The "steampunk" girl would be someone that the "bomb" would like, but is too afraid to associate with, due to her own dangerous nature.

If the Knight is a unstable energy user like I mentioned before, she could relate to him. Their may or may not be romantic feelings, but their should be some sort of "close" relationship that develops. This would allow them to interact with each other for character development.

-------------------

Of course, we would need more characters then these 3

------------------------

Quote:
I like the back stories that have been put together. I am going to rifle through them a bit to see what we have so far as there have been a bunch that I like. I am thinking we might want to use Joseph Campbell's monomyth to make the main character's plot easier to handle, but it is not a necessity. I am also thinking of hijacking pieces of a plot from stories that we enjoy.
Heh, it could work, but don't be afraid to ask ideas from us.

-----------

Spoiler for Introduction I imagined:
[/QUOTE]

It looks pretty good, to add some drama we could later reveal that the boy died (perhaps relating to the war) so the girl decided to persue his dreams for him.

We could also give some info on the world, perhaps giving a summary of the War so far, the primary players in the world, and perhaps the current situation.

Something like this:

Spoiler for just an idea:

That is just an idea to help get ideas flowing.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict88 View Post
Fenrir_valindri
I kinda like in your ideas mate. It does seem to fit along with what I had in mind. But the scope is kinda big tho. There is a fine line where originality are in question especially most pronouce when following your line of thought. When you have steampunk, magic and knights put together that might ultimately be compared with Battle Chasers by Mad. If you have robots and dragons than it might look like 5 star stories.
Bah, gotta dream big!!!
Just because it resembles another story, does not mean the plot and "feel" of the story would be remotely simliar. People mistakenly compare Berserk and Claymore, but they are significantly different stories.

Quote:
Unless there is a way to separate us from 'that' manga/comic than I see there might be a conflict of interest in the near future. Which is why I felt prudent for us to stick with the lay people and ignore the mega influential people of that world. Just like us... no good no evil to foreshadow our every move. Simplicity is the name of the game.
Simplicity is good, but this is the creation process, and we should lay out some grand ideas to start off

Quote:
My two cents... but I will go with the flow if there is a general consensus.
Heh, don't be that way, throw some ideas out there.

--------

Some other ideas.

We should limit what is in the world setting.

No more then 4 real "superpowers" otherwise the world becomes too chaotic, we could have several "minor" or "neutral" powers though.

Samurai(magic)/Roman(divine)/Knight(techno) are favorities of mine, so get my vote for the superpower spots.

The Norse could be a Neutral, or minor faction, but they are definetly a favorite of mine as well.

What Mythological creatures should make it in. Dragons are a must for me, but what sort of Dragons? Eastern, Western, or Both? Wild, Intelligent, Magical, or Primal.

We should also set a number for our "main" cast of characters.

The magical numbers in anime are usually 3, 4, 5, 7

3 is what we have direct ideas for right now, but 5-7 is more along the lines of what I am thinking.

Another thing to keep in mind what are we aiming for?

Is this a world saving mission, a journey for personal gain, a quest for some artifact, or a simple "The Tale of _______" type of story.
Old 2008-03-28, 01:21   Link #59
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

mm, my two cents on the characters:

i really like the idea of having a female (main?) character as a hacker/mechanic. someone that's strong-willed and practical but not so uber-serious around people. being good with machines doesn't really mean she's good in a fight, but she could hold her own with quick thinking and skill. somehow, i can picture her having glasses, though the one picturing is the part of my brain that thinks of anime.

as for the demon-knight type character i can sense a lot of inner-conflict in this one. that is, to himself (or her) he/she does not see much difference in his actions when compared to the demon, despite his own feelings. in a nutshell, a person who is good deep down inside yet is afraid that in reality he's no different from the evil of the demon kept inside.

the 'walking nuke' is by far my favorite character to think about. i'm not sure about the gender but i see someone who has been considered a weapon for a long time but due to some human interaction has caught some human traits. however, the awkward thing about it is that those human traits have been caught through description, not experience. i'm not saying that the character would be naive and slow, but more like someone who can't ignore things.

that's about it, for my initial thoughts.
Old 2008-03-28, 01:38   Link #60
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@denkikoiji: your two plots have a sweet slice of life sort of feel with friendships being very crucial. We could certainly integrate some sort of friendship into the story and children's promises long forgotten. That would be nice. It was a little hard for me to read your post as it was all one long sentence. I tried to pull it into a word editor when I realized it had no periods so I really had to focus to keep my attention from wandering. Just a request that in the future you break it into paragraphs so it does not hurt my head. Thanks .

@aka Providence: I think there certainly can be some heavy cannons and maybe single shot hand held guns but I want them to be heavy, inaccurate, slow loading, strange shaped, and with a lot of recoil. No machine guns or semi automatic. This is so the warfare has to be more up close and personal as the technology for weapons is still under development. I think the mechanic girl needs goggles more than any normal glasses, and drop down lenses to see tiny parts. I also imagine her wearing gloves that are too big, carrying tools on her belt at all times and having a smudge of oil on her cheek.

@Fenrir: I like where you are headed with this. I think there certainly could be 4 factions, although we would probably only see the most influential ones probably the 2 closest to the individual conflict in any sort of detail. We could see representatives at the peace meeting and maybe some of the warriors at other places. Although we really could see all 4. We might have to get suggestions on which ancient civilizations people want to see. I am imagining a "neutral" guild as egyptians for some reason, although I do not know if they would fit into the story at the moment.

As people have been suggesting things I have kind of been putting a story together in my mind which is a lot of fun. The new ideas twist it and turn it a bit. It is funny that Fenrir suggested the boy die, because that is exactly what I had planned for him in the introduction. I like the knight and the bomb idea. I want it switched so the revenge bent elemental knight is a woman and the bomb is a young boy who she has 'rescued' as part of her plot. I want him wounded like missing an arm and an eye and he never gets them back for some reason. I agree there needs to be sympathy for the bomb character and for some reason I jumped to injury instead of female first.

I do not see the characters unified in some 'Save the world mission'. That is too big and there is no game plan for it. I actually imagine them having very different goals. I see the Knight as someone wanting to get revenge and not really as someone concerned with heavy morals. The bomb as someone who has had little experience with human life. And the mechanic as someone who has never been to a big town and is fascinated by the world around her. It might be an interesting contrast if while the mechanic girl was fascinated with the advanced machinery while the bomb character, having seen it all, had never been outside and was fascinated by life and nature.

I think 5-7 people is a good idea with some other minor characters. Another character I want to put forward is the person who trains the mechanic girl to be as good as she is. Her master and possibly Father/Foster parent with a shady past. She needs to learn her skills somewhere. Maybe he left the war embittered and while he used to be a great mechanic for an emperor now lives out his life in the wilderness fixing tractors.

As for goal with the story I am thinking of taking the mechanic girl as the starting character and tear her away from her relaxing life into a world of adventure which becomes a coming of age realization that the world is the same no matter how big the conflict is. Maybe she could learn that having great power or great skill is no where near as important as making good choices no matter how hard they are.