AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-30, 13:38   Link #581
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Damn good episode....Shaga is effin hot, he needs to hit that, especially since she seems to want it anyway.

Still hate Ume though, the Ice queen needs to really put her on her ass just once....
Old 2011-10-30, 13:54   Link #582
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Don't really think trying to focus on your opponent is a bad idea. Getting sloppy and distracted would lead to a loss you'd think. Got to respect the opponent by taking them seriously. But since this is part comedy suppose no need to really focus on it.

As usual Ume is at the level of me wishing she'd just get arrested already for her random assaults. Suppose it's not shocking for her to go with physical assaults for guys and closing in on more sexual assaults with girls. Kind of sad though that her entire characters is just attacking/kidnapping. Be nice if by the end someone knocked her down a peg.

Ayame was a nice addition. Hilarious that she got her own OP here . But really a fun character and clear how she feels about Satou. Kind of sad that our Ice Witch had to kick Satou in the rear to get him moving. Of course the guy is an average level of dense not getting things. Probably best to have him in fights where he doesn't need to think deeply. Kind of brings me back to the whole Hunting Dogs episode, the guy takes a ridiculous amount of time to get things that should be obvious. Thank god he was coerced to join the club or that might have taken 3 or so episodes.
Old 2011-10-30, 13:59   Link #583
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Urg, just kill her serioulsy. I can' stand her.

Other than that, great episode. Honestly, fighting scenes in Ben-To are better (for me ) than in Fate Zero. The pace is better. The Beauty by the Lake is a good character, I like her even if my fav is still the Ice Witch.

Satou, why don't you use your Ben-To skill on Ume. I know she's a girl but still...
Agreed, some bento skills can at least put Ume in her place. I think that Ume simply picks on Satou, simply because he doesn't stand his ground. Well, STAND YOUR GROUND, don't let your ass get pushed around like that!

And to think she's supposed to be a CLASS representative, for somebody with such a role, you would think she would know simple ethics.

I don't even know how much time was wasted on Ume in this ep, frankly I felt like it could have been skipped altogether and give us a longer fight with Satou and that other guy.

EDIT: Satou and his dad play Virtual-ON?!!!! O_O This guy has got GOOD taste!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:05   Link #584
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Lets hope Ume joins the Ben-to fights so Sato can sock her ass just one good time....

One knockdown...please Ben-to producers....just give me ONE
Old 2011-10-30, 14:33   Link #585
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hey, guys. Ume is one of my favorites. As far as I'm concerned, every moment of her is golden. Remember, this is a comedy. Stupid stuff happens. Of course in real life blondie could have resisted being dragged out of the room. But this is comedy. And one of us finds it funny, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:40   Link #586
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hey, guys. Ume is one of my favorites. As far as I'm concerned, every moment of her is golden. Remember, this is a comedy. Stupid stuff happens. Of course in real life blondie could have resisted being dragged out of the room. But this is comedy. And one of us finds it funny, lol.
There's no need to repeat yourself again. It may be comedy, but the fact is that it's been reused for the previous three episodes, and frankly, it's getting OLD. While it may be a LITTLE funny if Ume struck back if Satou actively teased her (like chest size or w.e like most previous shows are like), but this time, it was completely unprovoked, that's what I call a b*tch.

Old 2011-10-30, 14:54   Link #587
zero7090

the shadow guy must be extremely free to using multi monitors surveillance system and plotting schemes just to win half price bento.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:58   Link #588
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
the shadow guy must be extremely free to using multi monitors surveillance system and plotting schemes just to win half price bento.
Hey, Half price bentos are SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Old 2011-10-30, 15:07   Link #589
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Would have been miles better if Ume actually wants some skinship with Satou...

There's still time to correct that, she just hasn't met her match yet. Time to prove yourself, Satou!

Just look at Laura Bodewig.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:16   Link #590
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Hey, Half price bentos are SERIOUS BUSINESS!
But really, at this point it seems to be more about pride and honor rather than the bento itself. You can gave them a stack of cash to buy whatever food they want, they'll still fight for the Bentos and enjoy the hell out of it (they will still keep the stack of cash though).
Old 2011-10-30, 15:39   Link #591
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
But really, at this point it seems to be more about pride and honor rather than the bento itself. You can gave them a stack of cash to buy whatever food they want, they'll still fight for the Bentos and enjoy the hell out of it (they will still keep the stack of cash though).
Well, the Ice Queen made one of those stereotypical quips people in fighting anime tend to do when fighting, that sound pseudo-philosophical while making little sense in the actual framework of the story, and it was that Ayame cares too much about the fight and that she should remember that the Bento is the ultimate goal. Which is bogus, because if the Bento was what was really important, they'd all be fighting like dogs, not wolves.

Now, I know it's a fighting anime, so you're not supposed to actually analyze statements characters make to each other while fighting, and that the author had no intention of conveying the idea that I just stated, and that the quip was supposed to just be a type of tsuntsun statement regarding Ayame's obsession at beating the Ice Witch. But, as I showed, if one was to take this seriously, one might question how much of a wolf the Ice Witch really is, and if beneath that cold exterior, she's really just a dog posing as a wolf.

Anyways, I think the second best thing after actually watching this anime is spending the next week after each episode watching some people treat it like Serious Business™ as they reiterate how much they hate Ume, want to punch her, kill her, any of a million other misogynistic statements that if followed through with would ultimately make them no better than the target of their Serious Business™ anger. Cracks me up every week.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:39   Link #592
christinemarie
Crazy One

Ayame just find out if her beloved cousin, Satou have grown-up and yet she's still friend-zoned as expected. At first, I thought Ayame would try to resist Ume but she didn't and gets taken home instead. (Reminds me of the yuri battle in R-15, except Ayame isn't a Yuri.)
Who give information to Ayame regarding Satou and Ice Witch?
Funny how Satou accepted the Virtual Fighter match when his prize have raised its value beyond normal teenager's dream with bonus ear lick and ends up losing miserably.
I'm expecting a black market with 95% off ben-to rather than 50% where more skilled fighters participate.
I'm quite scared to find out if Ume turns out as a dark horse wolf for the east if her prized possession's life with the best voice acting ever for such a character by Aoi Yuuki is in jeopardy or in harm's way due to Ben-to battles. The breathing voice makes me HNGGG.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:44   Link #593
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For the sake of comedy, I want her to be beat by Satou . He will unleach his AMAZING wolf's power on her !
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:46   Link #594
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
For the sake of comedy, I want her to be beat by Satou . He will unleach his AMAZING wolf's power on her !
And, maybe make her straight in the process?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:49   Link #595
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Just look at Laura Bodewig.
Laura was won over by the fans because almost immediately after ending her extreme bitch showcase, she practically was begging for some Ichika loving, damn near forcing it.....

With Ume, I just have a hard time seeing this happen.....she has a lot of making up to do if thats the case...She'll have to be ready to be completely man-handled and f$%ked silly by Satou to win over some fans now. When the MC successfully turns out the psycho lesbian, then mission accomplished.
Old 2011-10-30, 15:51   Link #596
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
So, is it ok to be more than er..."friends" with your cousins in Japan? Because, that last scene doesn't make a whole lot of sense if the answer is "no".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Considering in anime, relationships with your sister are not out of the question...

In any case I doubt this is representative of actual common Japanese attitudes. You won't find this outside of light novels...
Wikipedia is your friend.

To sum-up:

Cousin marriage has been very common in most of the world at various times, even encouraged in some cultures. It became disfavored in the West mainly around the Civil War period (with the exception of Sweden who banned it far earlier). Even then disfavor was primarily targeted at parallel cousins (linking parents share the same gender).

Currently the only Western nation to ban cousin marriage are 30 of the United States.

Cousin marriage is very common in the Middle East and Africa.

Cousin marriage was once common in China but recently banned.

In Japan cousin marriage is still legal, but has declined in practice. (This might have as much to do with urbanization as with the importing of American disapproval of cousin marriage).

Overall cousin marriage is usually not seen as incestuous. America is actually an outlier on this subject.

I actually had to deal with a cousin elopement back when I was a lay minister. The couple had married in Texas, where cousin marriage was legal back then (it's been banned recently), yet were now back in Oklahoma and wanted a church ceremony. Cousin marriage is banned in Oklahoma, but it recognizes marriages preformed in other states. So we had to figure out if it was against the law to preform another marriage ceremony or not.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:10   Link #597
Midonin
Last Engage

There has got to be a way to make Ume and characters of her kind (Miharu and Ran come to mind from last season) palatable, likable, nay, adored by the audience, but without changing their sexuality. Some of the responses in here are just unpleasant to read. The recent upswing/removing of the blinders every three months (at which point they promptly flop down again) to get people liking the sorta dense, sorta doofy main characters of the stories is a positive, but does it have to come at the expense of doling out (even worse) vitriol towards the heroines?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:17   Link #598
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

From the ending it seems Shaga is suffering from the "I don't have many friends" syndrome which might be the reason she's going to Saito's school which from the dialogue looks like they were very chummy as kids
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:27   Link #599
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
And, maybe make her straight in the process?
ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There has got to be a way to make Ume and characters of her kind (Miharu and Ran come to mind from last season) palatable, likable, nay, adored by the audience, but without changing their sexuality. Some of the responses in here are just unpleasant to read. The recent upswing/removing of the blinders every three months (at which point they promptly flop down again) to get people liking the sorta dense, sorta doofy main characters of the stories is a positive, but does it have to come at the expense of doling out (even worse) vitriol towards the heroines?
Wait what ? Ume is not an heroines at all. She's the bad guy (girl here ) of this serie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
From the ending it seems Shaga is suffering from the "I don't have many friends" syndrome which might be the reason she's going to Saito's school which from the dialogue looks like they were very chummy as kids
She should join the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai crew
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:33   Link #600
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Wait what ? Ume is not an heroines at all. She's the bad guy (girl here ) of this serie !
Agreed, she clearly is no damn Heroine. She is constantly at conflict with every main person in this series so far, and everyone either don't care for her or is scared of her.....these are the kinds of characters who have to be broken down to gain some audience appreciation.....

And breaking down her sexuality (one of the BIGGEST thing that accompanies and causes her jerkass tendancies) would be an excellent way of doing just that.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, light novel, shounen