AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 30.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 30.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-03-14, 20:33   Link #121
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Magic Gods got dissapointed by Touma at some point remember? That's how Kamisato's WR came to be.
Hmmm, I don't really remember that.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 22:58   Link #122
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

This was already obvious, but Qlipah is such a good girl. You better treat her right, Accelerator!

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 23:02   Link #123
Daft

I find it interesting that Touma can be tricked into thinking his right arm is still there and that's enough to seal the stuff that is coming out of him as a temporary bandage for now. Kind of harks back to the Fiamma fight - his will actually has some level of influence over the seal even without IB. Which I guess is why the seal could be heard breaking when he decided to attack High Priest with whatever is in him.
Old 2019-03-14, 23:20   Link #124
Callum18
Fukou da

Spoiler for Massive spoliers about Touma/IT/Dragons:

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 23:27   Link #125
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Well that new update was hella interesting. F*ck Kamachi. So there was more to his right hand and there still IS more.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 23:55   Link #126
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum18 View Post
Spoiler for Massive spoliers about Touma/IT/Dragons:
Nope, I totally doubt it. While Kamachi started incorporating Greek into his work, I highly doubt that. As Zeus and Odin is pretty much at same level of deity category even when they from different places. IT was beyond that scope.

But thinking it carefully, your idea might be correct. I'm thinking The Beast (Revelation). Considering this is New Testament, the next one to come is Revelation. Meaning 22 book left to match 66 bibles

Mikoto did say
(That isn’t what it looked like when I saw it before.)

Meaning What she saw was something that suppress by the Dragons. Back when 5.3, or maybe it will be revealed during Kimi Arc. I do have feeling Kamijou Touma will play huge role in that arc (considering Angel Dragon in her hand)
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 00:20   Link #127
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Holy ****, Qli-chan is too adorable Meanwhile, the... whatever is inside Touma's arm is acting up, miss Sprengel finally makes an appearance, and I guess we're dealing with the Rosenkreuz now. Lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
This was already obvious, but Qlipah is such a good girl. You better treat her right, Accelerator!
I think he's doing a damn god job already, or at least he wants to, but lacks the experience to do so.

Despite just seeing Accel making a deal with Worst animated a couple weeks ago, that part still shocked me; he really has come a long way.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2019-03-15 at 00:33.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 00:58   Link #128
Daft

Also, when Aleister says "(It is too soon to let that out. The exterior Kamijou Touma will be obliterated as things are now.)" Is he implying that eventually Touma was supposed to be able to survive releasing whatever is inside him? I wonder what that would entail?
Old 2019-03-15, 02:23   Link #129
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Also, when Aleister says "(It is too soon to let that out. The exterior Kamijou Touma will be obliterated as things are now.)" Is he implying that eventually Touma was supposed to be able to survive releasing whatever is inside him? I wonder what that would entail?
The way he implied Exterior Kamijou Touma make me thing it's referring to the boy, maybe the one inside Kamijou Touma is 'Kamijou Touma' as in 'The One who Purifies God and Slays Demons'
Old 2019-03-15, 02:52   Link #130
Chosen_Hero

Spoiler for Too long:

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2019-03-15 at 04:12.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 04:33   Link #131
Fortitude

I'm gonna side with Chosen Hero for this one.

I mean seriously for all the talk about Touma's plot armor at least his fights made him look amazing with literal effort.

But in this Volume alone Hamazura manages to bump him up from being dislike to a Scrappy. How the hell does he manages to do all of this stuff? At least Touma and Accelerator are consistent in what they're doing, Hamazura just looks like he got everything on a silver platter.
Fortitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 05:10   Link #132
WiliamZ0

Anyway, Dniv not showed up. Wonder what he's currently doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Spoiler for Too long:
I agree, this NT22 make me wonder just how far Kamachi gonna forced Hamazura to be Hero, so many bullshit moments.

Poor Kamijou, he is an idiot alright but Aleister is one with fault here. He hold most information to himself and didn't share it at all. Who the fuck know Those polygons (I think this what called by 'Fish Eggs' in Chinese community) will came out.

The most funny thing, He knew Misaki's power can act as some kind of temporary bandage. Making me started to get curious Maybe Level 5s #1 - #6 had certain purposes more than what we know, #7 just there because his unpredictability and power

It as if Aleister felt Kamijou should knew this fact, duhhh he lose his memory. I doubt he didn't know that. He should be know this fact if he observing Touma with UNDERLINE
Old 2019-03-15, 06:09   Link #133
Fortitude

Uh William, does that mean Aleister doesn't know about Touma's memory lost despite observing him the entire time?

Because that definitely sounds like it.
Old 2019-03-15, 07:41   Link #134
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
Uh William, does that mean Aleister doesn't know about Touma's memory lost despite observing him the entire time?

Because that definitely sounds like it.
Yup! That's what I most afraid of. If this true, this means previous Kamijou Touma knew IB and IT existence, but this leave us a question. Why previous Kamijou didn't use it against Kanzaki?

Last edited by WiliamZ0; 2019-03-15 at 08:23.
Old 2019-03-15, 09:55   Link #135
Fortitude

Reply to William:

Maybe Aleister was speculating about Touma knew about the "Fish Egg" and presumed he didn't need his knowledge.

And that backfired him spectacularly. I believe the entire time when Fiamma and Terra knew about Touma's memory loss, they also presumed that Touma have also forgotten about IB's secrets.

Which i and many others doubted. Since in the beginning Touma never display any knowledge about Imagine Breaker throughout his first appearance. To him its just an arm that cancel's Esper and magic powers, and nothing more.

Honestly these idiot magicians forgotten the most important rule: "Assumptions is the mother of all fuck ups."
Old 2019-03-15, 15:04   Link #136
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Trusting unreliable narrators *facepalms*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Yup! That's what I most afraid of. If this true, this means previous Kamijou Touma knew IB and IT existence, but this leave us a question. Why previous Kamijou didn't use it against Kanzaki?
Back then he repeated several times how useless his power was to make his life get better and probably it influenced how he viewed the world and that likely affected his power to some degree.
Old 2019-03-16, 00:26   Link #137
WiliamZ0

Ha, if Aleister titled himself as Beast666, I think the real Beast 666 is Kamijou Touma himself.
6 is number of incomplete. The number that just fall short to completion (7), A man that reach Divine level, but still a man.

Other than that, yeah ... I think what Kuroageha said is correct. It cwertainly explained how IT didn't escape Kamijou Touma after she affection Touma's sensory. But there's so many question about it.

One of them is this part
Spoiler:

Am I the one that thinking Some of them reference to something. Like Alien Grey, Chimera/Typhoon. Come to think of it Kamachi did play some part but introducing some of them to us. Also Kamijou Touma's loli blonde imouto (just kidding) Leivinia Birdway did mentioned something like this in NT6
Spoiler:

I think she had some idea what IT is, maybe not correct one, but she had some idea. Also, brought to bloom? I'm starting to smell something fishy here. I know Touma had IB his whole life, but IT too?

Also another thing
Spoiler:

The conversation between Kamijou Touma and Kamisato, do point out, Kamijou had some sort of distortion around him, is it something that caused by IT? Or the distortion is IT itself?

Anyway. The blondes, the blondes are keys to the answers!!! Js06 was right, Kamachi is cursed by witch. Blondes' curse!

Last edited by WiliamZ0; 2019-03-16 at 03:21.
Old 2019-03-16, 02:28   Link #138
rladls2121

Does anyone remember the Alchemist from Volume 2, I forgot his name, Lizard?
He also saw what it was after he cut Touma's arm right?
Mikoto, Fiamma, Othinus, and Lizard.
Well in case of Othinus, she may have not seen it.
So that leaves three, who else?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 04:50   Link #139
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^Gunha and Kamisato also saw it. And technically Stiyl also saw it but explained it away.
Old 2019-03-16, 06:02   Link #140
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Spoiler for WAITING SHMASTER TO CONFIRM THIS SPOILER BEING FAKE OR REAL:
Spoiler:
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote