Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-19, 11:34   Link #121
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Hmm...so in the game, was there actually a path for Jun? I assume that you play as the main chracter(the guy, whatever his name is) and he knows that Jun is a guy...so he would basically turn gay...d'oh

No really, is there a path for Jun in the game???
As was pointed out, in Happiness! Re:Lucks, there is a Jun path.
Spoiler for the Happiness! Re:Lucks game:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 12:02   Link #122
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 12:29   Link #123
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-19, 13:38   Link #124
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
OMG! I need to learn Japanese (and NO, I'm not gay )
Old 2006-10-19, 17:06   Link #125
Spuffy
オウカ~

Episode 3 was entertaining.
I like the different design more and more, especially Haruhi looks quite a bit cuter. But somehow they don't get Sumomo quite right.

It's about how Anri got her job at Oasis. Not that fun itself but they way there got me laughing a number of times. Mostly because they finally found out how to use Jun properly.
Spoiler for Jun shots etc:
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 17:21   Link #126
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy View Post
Spoiler for Jun shots etc:
Hehe, nobody can resist Jun, not even Hachi.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 18:38   Link #127
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Its peaked my intrest i like episode one but i think im going to have wait to see at least 2 or 3 before i commit to posting but so far looks like a fun series
Old 2006-10-19, 19:12   Link #128
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 3:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:25   Link #129
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
I like the different design more and more, especially Haruhi looks quite a bit cuter. But somehow they don't get Sumomo quite right.
Ah~ You noticed that too? There's just something about Sumomo's character that seems a bit off in the anime. Usually she's more brighter, talkative, friendly, and a bit airheaded in a cute sort of way. In the anime, Sumomo follows your 'normal' imouto chara-type. Polite, caring, and sweet, though this makes her an easily forgettable, especially with Haruhi already in top honors for the position.

Episode three was indeed hilarious to watch. Though fanservice has gone up quite a bit (Anri's apron look is to die for~) it wasn't overdone and fitted in suprisingly well with the humor and flow of the story.

Poor Hachi, always getting the boke end of the stick.

I particularly liked how they spreaded out the important roles evenly with the main cast. Everyone had their own screentime and roles to play and it felt very natural. With Anri as the focus of the episode, there was some interesting development in her character and her relationship with Haruhi. I have to admit, this is pretty good script writing for a series that isn't following the original game script.

The art direction looks fantastic and very refreshing. They even did a decent job this time with Anri's magic (though originally she's a lightning user...) If they keep this up, this could very be a sleeper hit for the fall season~ ( ゚ ∀゚ )b
Spoiler for Episode 3 Highlights:
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 03:49   Link #130
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Way too many Jun screenshots from episode 3 ;_;

The best Jun screenshot, in my opinion, is the one of him in an apron.
Spoiler:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 06:31   Link #131
martino
makes no files now

Now here is a difficult question; how will we refer to Jun as, HE or SHE???
Old 2006-10-20, 09:39   Link #132
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Heh, I guess you can use both since it's takes place in a magical world and it is anime after all. I'm leaning towards using the female reference since girls rule in the anime world. The more pictures I see of Jun the more cuter and adorable she's becoming. I hope they got a full episode for Jun later on.
Old 2006-10-20, 14:02   Link #133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I figure if Jun dresses as a girl and acts like a girl.... "she" is as good as anything. Its just one of the inadequacies of English (like not having a plural "you" so each region invents one -- ya'll, youse guys, etc).
Old 2006-10-20, 14:16   Link #134
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Ah~ You noticed that too? There's just something about Sumomo's character that seems a bit off in the anime. Usually she's more brighter, talkative, friendly, and a bit airheaded in a cute sort of way.
That is one thing, but also I think (and I know this is a highly personal opinion) the different design in the anime doesn't quite work for her. While the more round faces suits Haruhi and the rest (especially Koyuki) it makes Sumomo look kind of "circular". (We call it "pancake face" here)

They should also make more use of her ribbon, it was a nice way of adding to her current emotional state. Sure, it's not as versitile as Sumikas ahoge (which can be used for showing dozens of emotions - without even showing the rest of the body).
In the game it had two modes - the normal non-errected one for when she was feeling normal and the errected when she was anything related to being excited or shocked (like when Yuma bursts out that he is a "sis-con"). In the anime it has always the latter look making Sumomo somehow look constantly non-relaxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Now here is a difficult question; how will we refer to Jun as, HE or SHE???
Why difficult? It's a guy and that's it. Guys are being refered to as "HE".
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 16:24   Link #135
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
They should also make more use of her ribbon, it was a nice way of adding to her current emotional state. [...] In the anime it has always the latter look making Sumomo somehow look constantly non-relaxed.
Well, I think this is mostly one of the consequences of the short length. Seeing as Sumomo's the only one of the four main heroines who isn't a mage, I think her character basically got cut/pared down to its simplest form. So the ribbon became "just a ribbon" and the personality became "just a sister".
Spoiler:
So yeah, we'll see if they do decide to develop her character a bit, but I think it's one of those things they just won't have time for in 12 episodes. We'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 17:42   Link #136
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well I decided to watch Happiness after everyone on irc was going crazy about Jun so I figured I had to see what the hype was about. Im behind in this series so its being slowly subbed. Ive only seen epi 1 but since its only 12 epis I think Ill probably stick with it.

@3maids: nice Jun pics
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 19:10   Link #137
KJlost

Patriot missile kick pulls through for me in this episode.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 19:13   Link #138
Srin Tuar
無謀

Did anyone else think that the facial gradients were overdone?
I kept thinking all the characters had an upset stomach or something...
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 20:05   Link #139
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
In the game it had two modes - the normal non-errected one for when she was feeling normal and the errected when she was anything related to being excited or shocked (like when Yuma bursts out that he is a "sis-con"). In the anime it has always the latter look making Sumomo somehow look constantly non-relaxed.
Hehe~ that was a priceless scene ヾ(´∀`)ノ゛

I completely forgot about Sumomo's ribbon~ It wasn't as pronounced as other characters (Sakura from D.C, Hagino from Canvas to name a few) but it did add to her already high moe factor. Though I could have sworn I saw it move in a scene in episode 2. My imagination maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler:
So yeah, we'll see if they do decide to develop her character a bit, but I think it's one of those things they just won't have time for in 12 episodes. We'll see...
Spoiler for Ibuki and Sumomo:
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 20:15   Link #140
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Lol anyone else got a kick out of Hachi's ... yodelling? ... when he took the brunt of Jun's Patriot Missle Kick?
Spoiler:

Of course I figured it was really his scream slowed down to a fraction of its full speed to add humor to the slow motion of the scene.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artland, bishoujo, comedy, drama, romance, seinen, supernatural, windmill