AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 20:43   Link #681
Westlo
Lets be reality

Darko looking godlike against the Lakers in the first lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 22:15   Link #682
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
OKC beating Boston tonight without Durant just didn't seem spectacular with the way they played that fourth quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This has to be like, his best game on record.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 22:19   Link #683
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
OKC beating Boston tonight without Durant just didn't seem spectacular with the way they played that fourth quarter.
There was definitely a lot of luck involved. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Thunder, but seriously? I didn't see any ball movement towards the second half of the 4th. All of it was isolation. Westbrook tried to take the game into his hands, but he missed 7 straight. OKC left West COMPLETELY open for that three. It was pure luck he missed that shot. The only thing that I'll give them is hitting the FTs when they counted. And a win is a win, I guess.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:30   Link #684
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
And yep, David West is back.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:52   Link #685
Nosauz

Quote:
they over paid him, at 40mil which is already asinine especially for a noncontender, might as well suck into the lottery, get a johnwall type player then spend your free agent money, might as well not burden yourself with such a horrible contract especially with the new cba... just smacked of desperation.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 08:20   Link #686
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
they over paid him, at 40mil which is already asinine especially for a noncontender, might as well suck into the lottery, get a johnwall type player then spend your free agent money, might as well not burden yourself with such a horrible contract especially with the new cba... just smacked of desperation.
He's only on 4 mil a year which is well below the avg salary for a starting 5. He's leading the League in blocks with 2.9 per game in 26.8 minutes.. last 3 games were...

22 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks (Spurs)
21 points, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks (Thunder)
23 points, 16 rebounds, 6 blocks (Lakers)

9.1 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.9 blocks @ 26 mins a game... that's worth 4 million a season.... especially when he has the potential to play as well as he did against Gasol and Duncan... much better than what Joel Anthony is giving the Heat @ 3 million...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 09:22   Link #687
Nosauz

Quote:
He's only on 4 mil a year which is well below the avg salary for a starting 5. He's leading the League in blocks with 2.9 per game in 26.8 minutes.. last 3 games were...

22 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks (Spurs)
21 points, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks (Thunder)
23 points, 16 rebounds, 6 blocks (Lakers)

9.1 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.9 blocks @ 26 mins a game... that's worth 4 million a season.... especially when he has the potential to play as well as he did against Gasol and Duncan... much better than what Joel Anthony is giving the Heat @ 3 million...
hmmm garbage minute score racker upper, Darko is way overpaid for what he does because he's putting up Bosh numbers when he was at toronto, if you look at it, He's like bosh both over paid and both not as good as their paid.

Also Heat have lost 3 straight!!! Bam, looks like 72 games is out of question, u just can't win 2 superstars.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 15:35   Link #688
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Also Heat have lost 3 straight!!! Bam, looks like 72 games is out of question, u just can't win 2 superstars.
Especially when the supporting cast and bench(save for two players) aren't very good.
Old 2010-11-27, 19:09   Link #689
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

That buzzer beater Melo took last night was pretty entertaining (go nuggets!). He had a considerable amount of space though, considerin Luol Deng fell for the jab step. I guess Deng thought melo was about to drive to the basket, which was unlikely since there was barely enough time left.
Old 2010-11-29, 00:01   Link #690
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Miami will benefit from the East being much weaker than the West, but if they keep playing like this, there's no way they could get past Boston, Orlando or Chicago. Losing Haslem is going to leave them utterly vulnerable on defense.

Utah continues to get the job done, I like what they're doing. Hoping that Milwaukee can get it going once Bogut is fully fit.
Old 2010-11-29, 00:06   Link #691
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Miami will benefit from the East being much weaker than the West, but if they keep playing like this, there's no way they could get past Boston, Orlando or Chicago. Losing Haslem is going to leave them utterly vulnerable on defense.

Utah continues to get the job done, I like what they're doing. Hoping that Milwaukee can get it going once Bogut is fully fit.
They were vulnerable down low even with Haslem.
Old 2010-11-29, 00:08   Link #692
miggy031689

i wouldnt say the east is weaker than the west... though the lower bracket teams in the east are rebuilding
miggy031689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 00:11   Link #693
miggy031689

anyone noticing Darko millicic he's getting pretty good...his leading the season with blocks and his scored 20+ points in his last 3 games and averaging 11rebounds a game...showing improvement? and he managed to do all these things even with elite teams like OKC and L.A. lakers
miggy031689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 04:10   Link #694
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
They were vulnerable down low even with Haslem.
Hence why I said utterly. Haslem was good at drawing charges and providing servicable presence at times. Without him, Miami have next to nothing. Ilgauskas is a perimeter player, Bosh is more like a small forward IF THAT. Unless they get a proper team ethic or Pat Riley does the inevitable coming down from the stands, can't see Miami being more than a circus act.

The player I'm enjoying watching is Blake Griffin. This is the kind of energy and power I remember seeing in early O'Neal days or Shawn Kemp. Really enticing.

Indiana's victory in LA is quite a feat. And how about that scoreline in Denver...138-133? Normal time game, with Carmelo Anthony sitting out virtually the whole game sick.
Old 2010-11-29, 10:16   Link #695
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Hence why I said utterly. Haslem was good at drawing charges and providing servicable presence at times. Without him, Miami have next to nothing. Ilgauskas is a perimeter player, Bosh is more like a small forward IF THAT. Unless they get a proper team ethic or Pat Riley does the inevitable coming down from the stands, can't see Miami being more than a circus act.

The player I'm enjoying watching is Blake Griffin. This is the kind of energy and power I remember seeing in early O'Neal days or Shawn Kemp. Really enticing.

Indiana's victory in LA is quite a feat. And how about that scoreline in Denver...138-133? Normal time game, with Carmelo Anthony sitting out virtually the whole game sick.
It pain to say as a Miami fan but I agree with you. I'm hoping Riley coaches them but I'm wondering if even he could do anything to "fix" them right now.

I agree about Griffin. He's already a very good player on athleticism alone right now. When he really learns the game, he could be special.
Old 2010-11-30, 01:46   Link #696
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I don't think that everything should be attributed to coaching. Spo certainly isn't a bad coach. I think it's just that LeBron, Wade and Bosh's styles just don't mesh as well as they'd like it to. First: their egos. Now I don't care what any of them say about being willing to make personal sacrifices for the good of the the team; I certainly believe them. But there's no way that a player can be the number one go to guy on a team and then suddenly be able to get used to giving all of that up within the span of several months. Next, James and Wade are just redundant. They both need isolations to be effective when they don’t they can’t do anything on the floor. Either James or Wade has to go or become a 6th man or change how they play. Bosh needs to be better at defense and rebounding because they don't need him to score big numbers like he did in Toronto. Honestly, you can't just tear up an entire team and recruit three really good players and put mediocre people around them and expect to win. It just doesn't happen that way. If Lebron went to Chicago, now THAT would be something to see. They were already a good team with the addition of Boozer, an all star power forward. Rose is arguably one of the best point guards in the NBA. Joakim Noah is a good center. AND Chicago actually has a bench, with Luol Deng, Taj Gibson, Kyle Korver, etc. Add Lebron in the mix and that is one formidable team.
Old 2010-11-30, 10:03   Link #697
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Agreed. But clearly the 2008 Olympics team ties were the determining factor. Plus Pat Riley is one heck of a closer - he got O'Neal and Payton to join Mourning and Wade. And there's the difference - point guard and major presences in the paint in that 2006 team. This team has neither. The current trio is going to have to adjust their playing styles.

Utah continue to impress. Underachievers would be Houston...they should be doinf WAY better with that team....
Old 2010-11-30, 13:20   Link #698
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Agreed. But clearly the 2008 Olympics team ties were the determining factor. Plus Pat Riley is one heck of a closer - he got O'Neal and Payton to join Mourning and Wade. And there's the difference - point guard and major presences in the paint in that 2006 team. This team has neither. The current trio is going to have to adjust their playing styles.

Utah continue to impress. Underachievers would be Houston...they should be doinf WAY better with that team....
Even though Lowry is playing well, they've missed Brooks and Yao.
Old 2010-12-02, 20:32   Link #699
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
It sounded like the Finals, but sure doesn't look like it.

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2010-12-02 at 21:23.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 22:07   Link #700
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Lebron and them puttin' a 40-burger up on these fools...We are WITNESSES!