AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 48 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 29.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-16, 09:43   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Steins;Gate - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate, Episode 20.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:03   Link #2
Aqua Knight

Episode is out!
Old 2011-08-16, 14:05   Link #3
Midonin
Last Engage

S;G 20 - Beyond forever, time after time

I can't say I was expecting him to be FB. He kinda looks like what comes to mind when I hear "FB", too. Mostly. I found it a little strange that even after the timeline was changed and nobody died or had anything else bad happen to them, she wasn't at the lab (at the moment). Though if she is a member of it, more power to her. Might get her to open up.

Mr. Braun seems to be in the same boat as she was. A bit more reasonable, but a bit more deprived underneath his exterior too. It looks like in the end, going up the chain of command, SERN are the ones at fault here for being a bunch of power-hungry faceless people. But since they're in France and our heroes are in Japan, nothing that can be done but hope the Large Hadion Collapser (tm) fails. The idea that Rintaro hasn't been seeing Mayuri much lately is a good point. He who fights monsters, etc.

We're almost back to where we began. Looks like there's one more mystery to solve. Because if Rintaro can fight against the world so far, I believe he can do it again.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:19   Link #4
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

not a bad episode
but just I expected
Spoiler for Game, Moeka's chapter:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-08-16 at 14:42.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:24   Link #5
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
they dont have the balls to animate that gore scene
You can scare people without showing blood and guts everywhere. The scary part of seeing someone get shot comes from what it represents, not what it is. In fact, sometimes it's scarier not to show it. Then the imagination starts filling in the blanks, and what it can produce can be worse than anything ever put to cels.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:27   Link #6
Marina2

Quote:
not a bad episode
but just i expected
Spoiler for game, moeka's chapter:
what?? They cut that out!!!!!?

I am very dissappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
You can scare people without showing blood and guts everywhere. The scary part of seeing someone get shot comes from what it represents, not what it is. In fact, sometimes it's scarier not to show it. Then the imagination starts filling in the blanks, and what it can produce can be worse than anything ever put to cels.
By "gore scene" he didn't talk about someone get shot......

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-08-16 at 14:42.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:31   Link #7
Midonin
Last Engage

The point still stands, though. Imagination > animation team any day.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:36   Link #8
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Ah ah so in the end it was Braun and not Nae ! Damn, I was sure Nae was not as innocent as she seems to be.

Great ep, and now the truth is revealed about the Alpha line ! I hope Okarin will be able to save Kurisu too
Old 2011-08-16, 14:39   Link #9
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
what?? They cut that out!!!!!?

I am very dissappoint.

well
it cant be helped
some scenes ( and arcs especially faris and ruka ) must be sacrificed for the sake of the good final arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Ah ah so in the end it was Braun and not Nae ! Damn, I was sure Nae was not as innocent as she seems to be.

Great ep, and now the truth is revealed about the Alpha line ! I hope Okarin will be able to save Kurisu too

Old 2011-08-16, 14:39   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Color me surprised as well regarding the fact they cut short Braun's "extra story", but considering that only 4 episodes are left, it may be actually for the best.

I must say the impact was a bit downplayed without these missing scenes, as well as some directing being a bit too "flat on your face" with the lack of tension we usually have. However, they conveyed quite well the horror Okarin felt when he realized what would be the direct consequence of using the IBN5100.

A ok episode that settle things on Moeka and FB side, although they could potentially do better (at least, it wasn't as flat as Rukako's side).

By the way, please put spoiler tags regarding game content: not everyone want to know the fine details as they may plan to play the game afterwards.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:46   Link #11
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

4 episodes left.....
but I heard there is one extra episode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Color me surprised as well regarding the fact they cut short Braun's "extra story", but considering that only 4 episodes are left, it may be actually for the best.

I must say the impact was a bit downplayed without these missing scenes, as well as some directing being a bit too "flat on your face" with the lack of tension we usually have. However, they conveyed quite well the horror Okarin felt when he realized what would be the direct consequence of using the IBN5100.

A ok episode that settle things on Moeka and FB side, although they could potentially do better (at least, it wasn't as flat as Rukako's side).

By the way, please put spoiler tags regarding game content: not everyone want to know the fine details as they may plan to play the game afterwards.
sorry
still trauma to use spoiler tag
bacause i got infracted for using that

Old 2011-08-16, 14:49   Link #12
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow, Mr Braun was FB. Well at least they got the IBN now and can save Mayuri. But wait Okarin forgot about his first d-mail that saved Kurisu. So i wonder who will he choose to save?
Old 2011-08-16, 14:58   Link #13
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

I was "What?! FB is Braun?!" since I was expecting a woman along like.. Nae to "I pitied Braun" to "FUUU Braun for killing Moeka" before I pitied him again.

Then there was this sense of everything is alright again before Makise calmly talks about how she was killed, with Okabe and the atmosphere (BGM too) turning... dark. Best part imo in this episode.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:58   Link #14
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Its finally revealed that FB was Mr. Braun all along. He wrote his text messages like a women in order to trick Moeka. Because she and himself are no longer needed since they completed their mission, he shoots Moeka and himself. Moeka also briefly remembered the things she did in past timelines, and apologizes to Okabe for everything.

The IBN5100 is back in Okabe's hands, and just when he thought its all over, he realizes that he has to sacrifice Kurisu in order to save Mayuri. Who will he choose?

For those wondering about a Moeka end, there is no ending for her. Also, this episode had a major deviation from the VN.

Spoiler for VN Difference:

Spoiler for VN CG if you REALLY want to see the difference:
Old 2011-08-16, 14:58   Link #15
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Oh preaseeee let there be a charlie line where both kurisu and mayuri survive :X?

This is rough. Originally, Kurisu should've been dead. So if he chooses the "i shouldn't have this power, then yes, i have to return to the original world..." and he would sacrifice Kurisu for Mayuri's safety...

But at the same time, without Kurisu's help, there would be no way he could've gotten to where he was, so is it fair for him to flat out say that he wants to return to the original world at the cost of Kurisu's life?

:'(
Old 2011-08-16, 14:59   Link #16
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Oh Hey, look like I did a lucky guess about FB. And then....

Sadistic Choice 101

Choose wisely Okabe.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:01   Link #17
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post

For those wondering about a Moeka end, there is no ending for her. Also, this episode had a major deviation from the VN.

Wow... this is rather... but I wish this was animated.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:06   Link #18
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Wow... this is rather... but I wish this was animated.
Same, but it's easy to see why they would change it.

This series really is good at choosing cliff hangers, I gotta say.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:08   Link #19
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
well
it cant be helped
some scenes ( and arcs especially faris and ruka ) must be sacrificed for the sake of the good final arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Its finally revealed that FB was Mr. Braun all along. He wrote his text messages like a women in order to trick Moeka. Because she and himself are no longer needed since they completed their mission, he shoots Moeka and himself. Moeka also briefly remembered the things she did in past timelines, and apologizes to Okabe for everything.

The IBN5100 is back in Okabe's hands, and just when he thought its all over, he realizes that he has to sacrifice Kurisu in order to save Mayuri. Who will he choose?

Spoiler for VN CG if you REALLY want to see the difference:
Dmanit !! Why it was not animated

And what was these memories from the future ?
Old 2011-08-16, 15:13   Link #20
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I just went back and investigated Episode 1 of Steins Gate.

So I see that Suzuha was dressed up in a "worker's" outfit and gave the "no problem" or nothing to worry about sign I guess up top and Okabe left.

Afterwards, Kurisu from alpha line pulls Okabe from the lecture room and asks why he approached her earlier with a concerned look. Minutes later, we hear a scream, clearly Okabe's anguished scream (I'm assuming as he finds out that Kurisu is stabbed).

^This is where I'm lost/confused. Why are there TWO Okabe's now? When in each world line we've only had ONE Okabe with a transfer of his memories. Secondly, thinking about who WOULD stab Kurisu, the only one I could possibly imagine is Suzuha. Suzuha must've stabbed Kurisu upon landing because that way Kurisu wouldn't help SERN out. However, if the Alpha line is supposed to be the good world, then why is Suzuha even in that Alpha line time-traveling back in the first place?

Someone please explain this to me! I think I might've missed something or I am using a bad assumption.