AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 79 54.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 27.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.68%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-01, 15:25   Link #21
ipernorris

Can someone tell me what did the guy who folded out say at the end of this episode?
Old 2008-05-01, 15:55   Link #22
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Can someone tell me what did the guy who folded out say at the end of this episode?
Something along the lines of a Vajra attack and Macross Galaxy from my guessing, but im also not that great in japanese.

On a side note, episode 5 preview shows the torso and a few extras on the giant "Macross" we see in the opening.
Old 2008-05-01, 16:47   Link #23
U<3Anime
Boo!

Fun episode. I still found the animation kind of lacking in this episode, but the vibrant and detailed architectures in the city made up for it. (The whole city is just eye-candy )

Seeing a nice and playful Sheryl was indeed really sudden and odd. Since the beginning , she has been nothing but a bitch, but then suddenly she gets such a huge radical change with a outgoing and cutesy Sheryl. Also, her happy-go-lucky voice kept on reminding me of Alicia from Aria (Same voice actor?). It seems really out of character at first, but I eventually got used to it. (Happy Sheryl definitely>Cold Bitch Sheryl).

I actually hope that we get another episode that is something similar to this, but I kinda doubt. Considering the fact this marks the beginning of the triangle, this is where all the tension is going to begin. Also, Mr. Mushroom cut(forgot his name) has an alien locked up and you know something bad is going to happen when the military has an alien captured....HELL BREAKS LOOSE! I knew Mr. Mushroom cut was going to be the type of guy who f***s everything up and he almost did in this episode.
Old 2008-05-01, 16:57   Link #24
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post

The Macross Frontier world is so incredibly rich in details. It feels like Alice in Wonderland with so many weird but likeable scenes, i.e. how both micrones and giants are sharing the same social space.

Space hippos. Now that was hilarious.
Oh My Barbicue! Space cow-hippo hybrids!

In Macross 7 we only saw full sized Zentradi making a movie.

Macross 5 had all it's citizen Zentradi micronized.

I believe that each Macross fleet is unique in configuration.

Macross 7 had specialization ships (science, entertainment, resort, agriculture, factory, UN spacy academy) in it's fleet with it's space highways connecting each.

Macross Frontier has more interconnected biospheres to it's main city.

Thus more space for full sized Zentradi.

Of course let us not forget that 14 years earlier there was sudden influx of Meltrandi into the population. Culture shock thanks to Nekki Basara.
Old 2008-05-01, 17:13   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

When i think about this show in a few years time, the first thought in my head should be "playful Sheryl has stole my heart".
Old 2008-05-01, 18:31   Link #26
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Looks like they are building the love triangle now.

Still the episode looks like another one that seems to strike a really odd balance between comedy and slightly less comedy. I honestly don't know how much further I can shift my expecations towards comedy, especially when I'm not actually keen on this brand of it at the best of times. I seriously don't do romantic comedy or slapstick all that well, I do straight romance so hopefully there's some of that in there to maybe?

Now that I think of it, that's what's been off for me. They introduced a slapstick element to the series which is something I just don't laugh at at all. I'm starting to wonder a bit whether I'm still the target audience for this series anymore. Hmmm.....
Just enjoy, you think too much
Old 2008-05-01, 18:33   Link #27
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Perfect ten from me....I didn't even mind if there were any battles when character spotlight is done this well.

Frontier is a beautiful place to live in, I loved seeing the Zentraedi agricultural side of the fleet. Plus all the side trips across town were simply memorable. There's just waaaaaaaay too much to talk about in this episode.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 2008-05-01, 18:39   Link #28
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Sheryl's Godly Cuteness, Ranka's Songs, Zentraedi Farmer, Spaces Hipos, Quran Quran, locker incident, everithing in this ep is perfect.
This is the best Series i have see in the last 5 years

just one more word

DECULTUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee
Old 2008-05-01, 19:14   Link #29
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
die shouta...die shouta.....

I can hope...right?

wat

Anyway, amusing episode. Typical slowdown and explain but fun nonetheless. Better than a lot of shows that just don't explain anything at all.
Old 2008-05-01, 19:20   Link #30
ani_d

What is Deculture about? :| I think I heard that word in this episode too. Ranka finally snapped and killed her weird cellphone. It's nice to see the character developments here. Ranka and Sheryl, especially Sheryl, were both interesting here.

Due to Ranka's new song, I say 10. I read this from Random Curiosity, but it seems like everytime Ranka sings, Vajra attacks lol I didn't notice it, but it is true.
Old 2008-05-01, 19:21   Link #31
Lanis

Did I saw it wrong or did was Alto's phone set on vibrate when they were in the locker together and it JUST happened to be rubbing against Sheryl's errmm "special spot"
Old 2008-05-01, 19:41   Link #32
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
he s a Lieutenant from Macross Galaxy's army troop and said that Galaxy's battle fleet were attacked by large Vajra's armies. and requesting an immediate help.
so sheryl cant go home now ?
Old 2008-05-01, 19:47   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
so sheryl cant go home now ?
Well, next ep is "bye bye Sheryl", so...
Old 2008-05-01, 20:01   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lots of good stuff. Sheryl. Ranka. Alto. The Zentradi. The song. The backgrounds. The paper airplane.

I think Sheryl can't go home, but Alto has to go away with the rescue fleet.

Deculture!

As for that word, here is an explanation from another thread:

4Tran: "Deculture" is a Zentradi phrase to refer to anything to do with the Protoculture (presumably excluding things that the Zentradi themselves are familiar with), who in turn, were their progenitors. This would include things like music, art and interaction between men and women.

glyph: Since things of the Protoculture were taboo to the Zentradi, the phrase originally meant something like "unbelievable" or "amazing", with implied feelings of disgust and horror. However, it seems the phrase can also be used in a favourable sense now, from the Nyan-nyan ad, and "Kanteran de Basara de culture!" from Macross 7.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-05-01, 20:28   Link #35
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Spoiler:
If that's true, it's not surprising in the slightest.
Spoiler:

Thought I'd spoiler tag it up, just in case

May as well download the RAW before I go to sleep too.
Old 2008-05-01, 23:33   Link #36
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

This is a pretty amazing episode if only for the amazing level of social detail put into a near utopian society travelling in deep space. Especially moving is the level of integration the zentradi have into a human culture. How to say, I love that the warrior race has gently retired into the pastoral scene and claimed their own sense of beauty and music.

The zents are pretty rich though [prices for their things are as big as they are ]

How about the most recognisable face in the galaxy running around without a care in the world and completely invisible to boot. How that's possible without a holosuit just boggles the mind.

The only minus for this show:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-02, 00:02   Link #37
ThoHell

Ok, I'm not so disturbed by Sheryl anymore. Her true personality shown, quite nice and interesting. I actually like her now, she was rather cute instead of pretending to be stuck up.....
Old 2008-05-02, 00:25   Link #38
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
This is a pretty amazing episode if only for the amazing level of social detail put into a near utopian society travelling in deep space. Especially moving is the level of integration the zentradi have into a human culture. How to say, I love that the warrior race has gently retired into the pastoral scene and claimed their own sense of beauty and music.

The zents are pretty rich though [prices for their things are as big as they are ]

How about the most recognisable face in the galaxy running around without a care in the world and completely invisible to boot. How that's possible without a holosuit just boggles the mind.

The only minus for this show:
Spoiler:
Ughh You just made me think what an Otaku Zentradi might be like.

Imagine the figurines and model kits they would have.

Oh Emilia Jenius where art thou.
Old 2008-05-02, 00:56   Link #39
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanis View Post
Did I saw it wrong or did was Alto's phone set on vibrate when they were in the locker together and it JUST happened to be rubbing against Sheryl's errmm "special spot"
Haha, I thought of the same thing about that scene.
Totally difference pace for this episode as there is no fighting and I still like it!
Old 2008-05-02, 01:39   Link #40
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ughh You just made me think what an Otaku Zentradi might be like.

Imagine the figurines and model kits they would have.

Oh Emilia Jenius where art thou.
They've played with bigger toys before. The kick @ss battlepod and power armour variety. Of course, now they have kids and pets [like that giant furry dragon thing]. Carrying a cow-po hybrid underarm has changed my view of the zents as vicious and blood thirsty titans who can survive hard vacumm when needed.

Macross F has given them the ability to emote [their hair-antenna] and show awe with music.

Another nice touch, cow-po milk ice cream
Closed Thread