AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 04:07   Link #21
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

39 episodes ...

That's a decent number of episodes ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:19   Link #22
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
thanks for the info. I will go and search that. I never been to that site so how you get there?
By the way, the 39 episodes comes from animenation and they got it from an interview with one of the seiyuu for the show.
Please provide a link at animenation. Searching the site for Hanasakeru leads to:
Sorry, no matches were found.
Please try again using different search words.
ANN has this at 13 eps.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...=10510&page=25

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:25   Link #23
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Please provide a link at animenation.
Well, Moonphase has it on their list of anime as being 39 episodes, although the official website currently only suggests 26 (click the "Story" button - there's greyed out links for episodes up to 26).

So although it's not AnimeNation, it's still more than 13.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:33   Link #24
golthin

Quote:
Please provide a link at animenation. Searching the site for Hanasakeru leads to:
Sorry, no matches were found.
Please try again using different search words.
ANN has this at 13 eps.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...=10510&page=25
ANN has been wrong MANY times about the length of anime. I can't find the link to the article in english because interestingly when I do a search for the show it now gives a lot of more results than before and it is a pain to go one by one. Here is the comment of the Seiyuu about how many episodes the series is going to be in Japanese.

"森川さん:僕もこの作品はオーディションの時に、初めて知ったんです。それで、立人に決まった時に、原作 を読みたいなって思ったんですが、なかなか本屋でみつからない。それで同年代の知り合いの女性に“『花咲け る青少年』で役が決まったよ”って言ったら、狂喜乱舞しまして“全巻貸してやる!”って言われたんです(笑 )。あっこれはすごいな、僕も気合い入れて、いい汗かいて演じようと思いましたね。放送は全39話ということなので、皆さんも是非、花鹿を見守って頂いて、一緒になって夫選びや作品を楽しんで頂ければ嬉しいです "

the sentence in bold say, "the total broadcast will be 39 episodes"

Here is the link for the whole thing.

http://www.animate.tv/news/detail.ph...id=&rid=&type=

Last edited by golthin; 2009-04-08 at 14:43.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 23:38   Link #25
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Well, Moonphase has it on their list of anime as being 39 episodes, although the official website currently only suggests 26 (click the "Story" button - there's greyed out links for episodes up to 26).

So although it's not AnimeNation, it's still more than 13.
Yeah, that's strange...... Seiyuu /does/ seem to be saying 39 eps...

BTW, m.3.3.w will be subbing this, unless the tranlsator finds out that there's 39 eps and decides to bail... lol

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good, also.

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 00:00   Link #26
golthin

Quote:
Yeah, that's strange...... Seiyuu /does/ seem to be saying 39 eps...

BTW, m.3.3.w will be subbing this, unless the tranlsator finds out that there's 39 eps and decides to bail... lol

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good, also.
well, if he took the project he/she must like Shoujo anime. The translator has his work cut out for him because this show is going to have a lot of narration.
Old 2009-04-09, 00:09   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
ANN has been wrong MANY times about the length of anime....
ANN being basically a somewhat edited wiki, that happens. When I'm researching shows for my preview blog post, finding out how many episodes there will be is one of the hardest things: MoonPhase, official sites, 2channel, anime TV listings, pre-season articles on sites like animate, etc. You almost never can get the episode count from the official site, unfortunately.

This season, ANN seemed to have a lot of episode totals, so I was especially leery. But I guess if they have x number of episode titles, there are probably at least that number of episodes. It all depends on the accuracy of the info people send in. You're supposed to include a source, but sometimes maybe the source is inaccurate.

I still think ANN is the best anime info site going. At least for my purposes in comparing staffs and casts.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 01:46   Link #28
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

I still think ANN is the best anime info site going. At least for my purposes in comparing staffs and casts.
don't get me wrong, I also think ANN is a good source. I am just saying that when it comes to the number of episodes I don't trust them because they have been wrong many times. They are great to find out the cast and the romanize names of characters
Old 2009-04-09, 07:09   Link #29
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I think I have to defend ANN for once. You're just misinterpreting them. ANN states clearly "We have XX episodes." Not "There are" not even "We think there are" just "We have". You should have noticed that there are often entries for, say, 17 episodes. That fact alone should allow to figure out how these lists are to be interpreted and how they are not to be interpreted. It's just the maximal number that has been confirmed. Show me a case where ANN says 24 eps that turn out to be 13 in reality. I always see complaints about the opposite only.
Old 2009-04-09, 08:27   Link #30
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I think I have to defend ANN for once. You're just misinterpreting them. ANN states clearly "We have XX episodes." Not "There are" not even "We think there are" just "We have". You should have noticed that there are often entries for, say, 17 episodes. That fact alone should allow to figure out how these lists are to be interpreted and how they are not to be interpreted. It's just the maximal number that has been confirmed. Show me a case where ANN says 24 eps that turn out to be 13 in reality. I always see complaints about the opposite only.
I give you that... I have always noticed that. That is why people should not go by what ANN say UNTIL the show is over. ANN is the best place for finding info on shows that are completed. I guess I should have said that
Old 2009-04-09, 16:13   Link #31
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 1 Screenshots

Manga excerpts (prologue)
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 17:32   Link #32
Molenir

Ordinarily I like reverse harem type shows, provided they have a decent storyline. Not sure about this one. After the first episode, all I know, is that the girl is supposed to play a "game" with her father, in which she finds and chooses her future husband. I found the attitude interesting, and at the same time rather offensive. It was as if, since she's a woman, she has to have a guy in order to be worthwhile. Maybe we'll understand more later, but seriously, why the rush to get her married off? If her dad expects her to stand at the top of his empire, then why push her into marriage so soon? And what about the cute friend back in Japan? Hopefully we'll see a lot of her as well.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 20:07   Link #33
rio

Itsuki Natsumi's blog

In the author Itsuki Natsumi's blog,
She said

アニメも順調に進んでるみたいですね。
この間8話までの脚本見せてもらいました。
さすがに39話もあるとジェットコースターアニメには
ならないですねー。
楽しみです

It looks they have made the anime well .
I have been shown the scripts of 8 episodes so far.
Since this series has 39 episodes, it can't be a coaster anime(anime that the story proceeds very fast) .
I am really looking forward.

Last edited by rio; 2009-04-09 at 20:14. Reason: Miss link;
rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 20:20   Link #34
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

While I won't disagree that the premise is ridiculously contrived, and can be construed as chauvinistic, I didn't mind it that much There have been some really obnoxious shoujo anime floating around more recently, which is strange because historically it's just about the least obnoxious genre in anime. I think this one teeters on the edge, and I can see why people would be turned off by it, but I think Kon brings enough self-control to it to keep it from going overboard.

Ep 1

Bland art and animation, but that's not really a priority for a series like this. I actually really like the lead character, sure she's blessed with looks and money (anime characters with money sometimes tend to be rather repulsive), but she's also amiable, strong-minded and a has a strong sense of righteousness. I think I would have liked to have seen her in Japan for longer, but, oh well. Anyway, looks like we're in for a good old-fashioned reverse harem, and seeing as I'm not continuously rolling my eyes at the worst of the reverse harem tropes (as I generally am with normal harem anime), the early signs are good. I'm interested in seeing where this is going.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:44   Link #35
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hmm looks rather interesting. This is my first reverse harem anime I watched ^^; And I'd prefer not to watch them, but since the story piqued me, I'll stick with it for a bit.
Old 2009-04-09, 22:35   Link #36
ani_d

I LOVE the OP theme. Loved the first episode. Loved Endo Aya's voice. I just think that the animation on some parts were a bit deformed. But other than that, I think the story's set-up is interesting. And wow 39 episodes.
Old 2009-04-09, 23:48   Link #37
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Hmm looks rather interesting. This is my first reverse harem anime I watched ^^; And I'd prefer not to watch them, but since the story piqued me, I'll stick with it for a bit.
The anime will never disappoint you i think The more interestes you will get .
Old 2009-04-09, 23:49   Link #38
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Ordinarily I like reverse harem type shows, provided they have a decent storyline. Not sure about this one. After the first episode, all I know, is that the girl is supposed to play a "game" with her father, in which she finds and chooses her future husband. I found the attitude interesting, and at the same time rather offensive. It was as if, since she's a woman, she has to have a guy in order to be worthwhile. Maybe we'll understand more later, but seriously, why the rush to get her married off? If her dad expects her to stand at the top of his empire, then why push her into marriage so soon? And what about the cute friend back in Japan? Hopefully we'll see a lot of her as well.
I also thought this was just a reverse harem shoujo with not much story. after i read the whole manga, You must Believe me when I tell you that it is not. this has a VERY rich story involved and the reverse harem is just a tool for the real plot to come together. People that are watching this for the bishonen and the reverse harem won't be disappointed. People that want a much deeper story won't be disappointed either. It should have also a lot of action with guns and explosions everywhere.

As for those that want to know the final pairing, it is hinted in the opening. If you are a good observer you can figure it out. I had it round out to two guys by just watching the opening and I am not the greatest of observers. I found out the final pairing when i read the manga. Spoiling the final pairing in the opening is not big deal because it is probably common knowledge in Japan.
Old 2009-04-10, 00:28   Link #39
ani_d

Quote:
I also thought this was just a reverse harem shoujo with not much story. after i read the whole manga, You must Believe me when I tell you that it is not. this has a VERY rich story involved and the reverse harem is just a tool for the real plot to come together. People that are watching this for the bishonen and the reverse harem won't be disappointed. People that want a much deeper story won't be disappointed either. It should have also a lot of action with guns and explosions everywhere.

As for those that want to know the final pairing, it is hinted in the opening. If you are a good observer you can figure it out. I had it round out to two guys by just watching the opening and I am not the greatest of observers. I found out the final pairing when i read the manga. Spoiling the final pairing in the opening is not big deal because it is probably common knowledge in Japan.
Aww please don't say anything about pairings anymore. I don't want to know any hints or anything about any final pairing. I'll just lose interest if you say anything more about it.

But good to know that it'll get interesting later.
Old 2009-04-10, 01:31   Link #40
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Aww please don't say anything about pairings anymore. I don't want to know any hints or anything about any final pairing. I'll just lose interest if you say anything more about it.

But good to know that it'll get interesting later.
don't worry, i won't reveal the final pairing in spoilers. I had to work VERY hard to find it myself. Of course, if anyone is like me and don't want to wait, just send me a PM and will tell you there. People wouldn't tell me straight who was the chosen one, going through 12 volumes to find out was a pain.

Tags
romance, shoujo