AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 53 54.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-21, 04:49   Link #101
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-21, 06:03   Link #102
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
What a sad way for Suzuha to go out . She should have checked ebay and grabbed the computer on there before she gave up.

Was the time at the end of the episode the time that Mayuri was supposed to die again? It looked like the time leap machine hasn't been completed yet and wasn't she fated to die regardless of SERNS attack or not?
Old 2011-07-21, 07:05   Link #103
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

now I just realised something
because now suzuha is gone
who will explain to okarin about attractor field?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2011-07-21, 22:21   Link #104
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't like this episode

I don't like how Suzuha going out like this. The worst end she faced was turning mental and hang herself. The best end was fighting her whole life trying to achieve her mission (without knowing her dad). I don't buy that open ending with Suzuha hand-in-hand with Okarin either. Why did she live alone in both case? Shouldn't she marry and have a few kids (and have Suzuha Junior to join the gang)? Did she turn les or asexual for the sake of plot?

Why? Why did she have to end this way? Just because Okarin let Moeka and Ferris to bloody rid of the IBN5100? Can't we have an ending when Okarin retrieve back the bloody machine and Suzuha can stay in 2010 living her life (pairing up her dad with her mom, watching more fireworks, and finding her own love for example....)

This really ruined my day...
Old 2011-07-21, 23:20   Link #105
whatbob1
huh

She wasn't alone exactly, Mr. Braun was there.

Both times (the world line where she loses her memory and the world line where she doesn't) she ends up living with Mr. Braun and of course after she passes away, 10 years later Mr. Braun ends up hiring her younger self

But yes Suzuha's fate is quite sad .
Old 2011-07-22, 07:11   Link #106
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Meh, they cut short Mayuri's explanation... But they replaced it with Okabe and Kurisu bringing her her favourite bike so that's a nice touch.

Very sad about Suzuha's horrible ending D:

Well, the first one before Okabe sent the D-mail anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
What a sad way for Suzuha to go out . She should have checked ebay and grabbed the computer on there before she gave up.

Was the time at the end of the episode the time that Mayuri was supposed to die again? It looked like the time leap machine hasn't been completed yet and wasn't she fated to die regardless of SERNS attack or not?
It's a very rare and expensive museum type item. It can't be found and bought that easily ^^;

The hourglass looks like it's stopped again which probably hints Mayuri's fate hasn't changed. Suzuha said they have to reach 1% anyway to save her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
now I just realised something
because now suzuha is gone
who will explain to okarin about attractor field?
No one needs to. Okarin retains his memories thanks to his Leading Steiner ability.
Old 2011-07-22, 09:50   Link #107
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For those who are curious how it went, here is the game version of Suzuha's letter. Beware, it is by far more emotional and poignant.

Old 2011-07-22, 10:43   Link #108
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
The hourglass looks like it's stopped again which probably hints Mayuri's fate hasn't changed. Suzuha said they have to reach 1% anyway to save her.
It stopped because all of the sand ran its course. Before, it'd stop about 60% of the way through. If anything, it shows that she is saved.
Old 2011-07-22, 19:41   Link #109
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It stopped because all of the sand ran its course. Before, it'd stop about 60% of the way through. If anything, it shows that she is saved.
The change means for whatever reason that Mayuri won't die at that specific time, but I doubt it means Mayuri will be completely safe for long. They haven't managed to completely change the timeline; as long as they're in the Alpha timeline, Mayuri will eventually die. With the change made of Suzuha going to 1975 earlier, the question now is when.
Old 2011-07-22, 20:11   Link #110
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
The change means for whatever reason that Mayuri won't die at that specific time, but I doubt it means Mayuri will be completely safe for long. They haven't managed to completely change the timeline; as long as they're in the Alpha timeline, Mayuri will eventually die. With the change made of Suzuha going to 1975 earlier, the question now is when.
Let's keep in mind how difficult it must be to come up with the rules of time travel and fate when the typical person does not remember the timeline prior to whatever experimentation you did that might have changed your timeline. My head hurts even attempting to run the experiments one would do in order to find these rules if I wasn't Okabe.

Ergo, while this is probably not something we're supposed to overthink, it's possible Suzahu's knowledge of time travel is not absolute.

Though, we could also get philosophical and say the question of when is true for everyone on the planet in regards to death, and thus meaningless. Obviously Mayuri has to die at some point. We all do. All that's important is that she didn't die at that particular moment in time.
Old 2011-07-22, 21:31   Link #111
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Let's keep in mind how difficult it must be to come up with the rules of time travel and fate when the typical person does not remember the timeline prior to whatever experimentation you did that might have changed your timeline. My head hurts even attempting to run the experiments one would do in order to find these rules if I wasn't Okabe.

Ergo, while this is probably not something we're supposed to overthink, it's possible Suzahu's knowledge of time travel is not absolute.

Though, we could also get philosophical and say the question of when is true for everyone on the planet in regards to death, and thus meaningless. Obviously Mayuri has to die at some point. We all do. All that's important is that she didn't die at that particular moment in time.
I do recall, though, Suzuha saying that unless the timelines crossed the 1% divergence barrier, the future couldn't be saved; so at the very least, if not Mayuri, nothing has been changed enough to prevent the dystopia future where SERN rules.
Old 2011-07-23, 01:30   Link #112
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
For those who are curious how it went, here is the game version of Suzuha's letter. Beware, it is by far more emotional and poignant.
if you understand Japanese, sure. To me, it's nothing.

I gotta say, I got a lot of respect for Suzuha after this episode. I don't think I could go back in time like that, knowing I couldn't come back, but I'm also not part of an oppressive future (present). Her death was pretty tragic in both cases. I would of loved to have seen her older self though.

Also, I eagerly await Okarin's spiral into madness from all the time jumping.
Old 2011-07-23, 11:56   Link #113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I gotta say, I got a lot of respect for Suzuha after this episode. I don't think I could go back in time like that, knowing I couldn't come back, but I'm also not part of an oppressive future (present). Her death was pretty tragic in both cases. I would of loved to have seen her older self though.
I don't know, the 70's were pretty cool. It sure beats the hell out of living in a dystopian society in any case. She probably regretted parting with Okabe and the others far more than she regretted leaving her own time.
Old 2011-07-23, 20:16   Link #114
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know, the 70's were pretty cool. It sure beats the hell out of living in a dystopian society in any case. She probably regretted parting with Okabe and the others far more than she regretted leaving her own time.
I'm sure she appreciated the timeline where she kept her memories as opposed to the timeline where she forgot everything until her very last year of life, though.
Old 2011-07-24, 01:34   Link #115
Wakan Tanka

On an unrelated note, any idea who killed Kurisu in the first episode? Is it CERN/Bounder?
Old 2011-07-24, 08:27   Link #116
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Holy shit.

I freaked out when I saw the Divergence Meter change, then we see Mayushii alive and well. ;____;

And rofl at Mayushii's deduction skills.
Old 2011-07-24, 09:26   Link #117
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Holy shit.

And rofl at Mayushii's deduction skills.
A deus ex machina, it was out of character. Nevermind, I was expecting her to refer to identical hair's color but she didn't.
Old 2011-07-24, 09:34   Link #118
klare

Suzuha's reunion with her father and her sad ending is the highlight in this eps

Mayuri finally survive? feels the this show is getting better and better
Old 2011-07-24, 10:01   Link #119
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
A deus ex machina, it was out of character. Nevermind, I was expecting her to refer to identical hair's color but she didn't.
Out of character? Nu uh, she's totally smart like that. xD
Old 2011-07-25, 00:36   Link #120
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
-snip-
I know this isn't the music thread, but may I ask what song that is? I've loved it ever since I heard it in that event horizon scene and Suzuha's departure.

Overall, this felt like the most emotional episode. Suzuha's fate is very tragic, I hope she returns somehow.