Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-25, 22:49   Link #1
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Question: for Admins and Mods ONLY

Sir/Ma'am sorry for posting this since I don't have any other option to voice out this question in how to report a reputation that you felt insulted as a receiver? Barely I know that guy but I don't like to hit him back like the gayest action he made. Disabling my reputation is not my option.

If it is ok I'll post the screen shot, here is it,

The 1st negative is acceptable but latest is kinda low blow! What for if I don't COUNTER? Does it mean I'm pathetic? Tactically, I'd rather share a little love like granting avatar and signature requests rather than wasting my time on that senseless and out topic/subject conversation without actual actions. Furthermore, I always have an answer regarding that but as I said I don't like to waste my time on that.

One more thing addressing to the guy who gave negative; the post I didn't COUNTER is absolutely NOT RIGHT...

bl:
I really don't like to open a thread like this but i have no choice.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:05   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Note: I fear the worst.

I say the same thing. For the past year of being a member of animesuki, I have share positive and negative opinions about stuffs but I never attack people on any thread.

I accepted negative comments open-heartedly but the fact that some don't give an formal reason for giving negatives is a bit frustrating... I love animesuki... and I respect staffs... what disappoints me are those people who post negative reputation without proper reason.

Please, understand... Thank you..
Old 2012-01-26, 00:04   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

We don't allow posts about reputation, so I'm afraid that I will lock the thread. But I guess I'll take this opportunity to make a comment about this in public, as it's something that keeps coming up fairly often:

All rep points are arbitrary and can be left for any poster on any post for any reason or for no reason whatsoever. There is no rule that says that someone has to have a good or justified reason to leave any rep, whether positive or negative. Whether the rep is "fair" or not doesn't matter, and under our current system people are allowed to leave negative comments anonymously. It is really annoying to receive anonymous negative rep and not have the ability to respond, especially if you feel the reason is justified, but our Forum Rules ask that you not post about rep. So, unfortunately, you pretty much have to live with whatever battle scars you receive.

HOWEVER, the ability to leave rep is a privilege not a right, and the staff are aware that some people lack the maturity to use the system in an acceptable way. We do not allow reputation abuse, which really includes two main things: 1) trying to use the reputation system to systematically shift someone's rep in one direction or another over time, and/or 2) using the system to attack other Forum Members with comments (usually anonymous) that would not be permitted if they were posted out in the open. We are monitoring some users in particular who use the system as way to launch "Anonymous Coward" attacks against other people, and these people risk losing their reputation privileges entirely or suffering other consequences.

If you receive a reputation comment that is inappropriate, please contact a member of the staff via PM to have the comment removed. In general terms the point itself will stay with the comment removed unless the staff see clear evidence of both types of abuse outlined above (or a long term pattern of inappropriate behaviour).

So anyway, this thread is locked for now, and if anyone else has any trouble with reputation comments they receive, feel free to contact a member of the staff directly rather than create a thread. Thanks!