AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-23, 00:29   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 652 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

I think there are spoilers this week, but I am not sure. Here's the thread just in case...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 00:45   Link #2
Artful Dodger

^lol So I guess you got yourself an example where teamwork worked in conjunction with physical ability after all :P
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 00:50   Link #3
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Heeaaavvee Hooooooo!!!

(i suppose madara bout to flip the script soon...they been fighting the wrong uchiha)
Old 2013-10-23, 00:56   Link #4
oompa loompa

Another good chapter.. I know this whole arc is.. kind of cheesy. But what the hell, after 10+ years of naruto, I think the way this is going is pretty damn fitting.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 01:22   Link #5
ranchan13

"Who are you, why are you in my mind, Naruto?"
"Bitch! I am you, I just know how to rock this hood better. Now get yo ass in line, Obito, and lick my shoes just like everyone else."

Gotta admit, that last panel, Naruto looked as badass as I've seen him.
But hey, now he knows who Obito is, so time for Talk no Jutsu to convert another to Narutism
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 01:35   Link #6
Phoenix321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
"Who are you, why are you in my mind, Naruto?"
"Bitch! I am you, I just know how to rock this hood better. Now get yo ass in line, Obito, and lick my shoes just like everyone else."

Gotta admit, that last panel, Naruto looked as badass as I've seen him.
But hey, now he knows who Obito is, so time for Talk no Jutsu to convert another to Narutism
It won't work, he'll make them all enter the dream.
Just when we think he's about to be convinced, he'll remember Rin, enter rage mode, win the tug of war, and the dream will start.
Phoenix321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 02:51   Link #7
Mephis
Banned

Next time:

Madara says:

JUST AS PLANNED! (DEATH NOTE STYLE)
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 02:55   Link #8
AntonKutovoi

For some reason, I'm reminded of Shaman King by this chapter...
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 02:59   Link #9
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
For some reason, I'm reminded of Shaman King by this chapter...
You mean how everyone who died gathered at the final battle against Hao?
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 03:49   Link #10
Moeterum

After all of THIS I can't really imagine them fighting Madara and that it will top it, so what I think will happen is that Madara won't get a chance to fight, right after he will take over the Jubi Obito will kill himself with him, or something like.
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 04:45   Link #11
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Finally.... Talk no jutsu again.

A well drawn chapter. The Japanese do love a good tug of war.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 04:52   Link #12
neowind

I enjoy how his eyes were at the end^^ but yes, talk no jutsu,
Old 2013-10-23, 05:56   Link #13
MadaraXuchiha

Awesome chapter! Naruto was really badass in the last pages. Totally loved the idea of gaara and killerbee helping out to pull their respective bijuus. Good thinking kishi. Minato, shikamaru and all the shinobi joining in was also epic. Loved it.

Now with the TNJ; i think naruto is gonna be doing alot of that in the next 2 chapters. Obito will be converted to 'narutism' and just as he is about to finally give-in, madara will do something grand and bad!

Side question; is anyone else wondering why hashirama did'nt do his sage art; shushisenjuu tenchnique? Lit; 'thousand palms' (not sure if i got that right). I was just wondering, why did'nt he use such a powerfull jutsu against the juubi or even madara?
MadaraXuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 06:44   Link #14
Ero-Senn1n

I hope we get to see the "infinite tsukiyomi", it would be quite interesting if its done in a few chapters and not made a long and boring flashback-like thing in the middle of a war's finale. A world that works just like we saw in Obito's mind in this chapter, he is the hokage and everybody is happy and such. If what we saw in this chapter is Obito's subconsciously desired dream world then it is in strong conflict with how Obito now defines himself now. That would be one major reason why he will be unable to maintain (or even create, but that would be bad, not seeing at least a glimpse of such a world) the infinite tsukiyomi jutsu and the dream world will collapse on him. The other reason is for the collapse of IT is simply that the 10-tails was incomplete. Yet another could be that Madara breaks it down, but i think Madara's plan is more likely to be to take over the control of the IT and create a world that he likes. Madara waiting to take over the IT seems to be a logical reason why he didn't do anything yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm wondering how Madara plans to be a threat after the defeat of Obito.
It seems to me that by the end of this chapter everybody teamed up against Obito, could be that Madara was waiting for this, so he can take control over the god tree and fire up his version of the IT. Or he is waiting for Obito to start IT and then his plan is to take over the control of it. Either way i really want to see IT now
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 06:48   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
^lol So I guess you got yourself an example where teamwork worked in conjunction with physical ability after all :P
Actually yeah. And I'm happy for it. This is the first time the alliance legitimately had a purpose on the battlefield, and it made for one of the better emotional moments of the season. I may dislike much of what occurred previous, but in this instance Kishimoto made it work.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 08:19   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't really like the chapter

although I love how Gaara decided to take care of Shukaku

well, once again, I think this matter should be settled by competent person like Sasuke, Naruto, Kages, Hokages...
now I can see Obito will be defeated by Naruto's talk no jutsu.. then when he is smiling, Madara will kill him and overtake his role.. then flower blooms...
but Naruto's talk no jutsu will destroy the illusion and save the world
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 08:28   Link #17
MadaraXuchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm wondering how Madara plans to be a threat after the defeat of Obito.
As it looks now, the alliance is going to get the Bijuus back and convince Obito to change sides.

What power has Madara in store to top all this?
i wonder about that too... To me obito is the most powerfull shinobi. And he is getting his ass kicked. For madara to be the 'ultimate badguy' he will have to display a whole new calibre of god-like powers. Maybe mixing susanoo with that massive wood-statue we saw several chapters back. (that will be interesting).

Madara in his current form just can't pull that stunt. But let's just wait and see what kishi has in store for us.
MadaraXuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 08:41   Link #18
shalala

Sooooo this could mean that Gaara will be getting back Shukaku and then the rest of the Tail beasts would end up being splitted again to the other nations.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 09:55   Link #19
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Sooooo this could mean that Gaara will be getting back Shukaku and then the rest of the Tail beasts would end up being splitted again to the other nations.
They better hope or tailed beast resentment is just gonna increase.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 10:15   Link #20
itachi-san314

^you guys aren't taking in the theme of this series. there's no way the bijou will go back to being slaves now that they aren't just bundles of evil chakra anymore. they have individuality and personalities. my hunch is they will go live peacefully in their respective secret animal villages. i.e. son goku will probably go live with enma and the other mystical monkeys
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion