AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-07, 20:32   Link #81
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Meh, I prefer a Chihaya Gunzou for this series. It fits to a T, really. (no pun intended)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 20:32   Link #82
anime fan99

Is this another Girls und Panzer
Old 2015-01-07, 20:35   Link #83
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Interesting decision-making by the studio. As at first i thought they will pan to non-gamer audience, take it real slow and introduce game mechanism and everyone in small arc. Like water sliding, or shooting practices, or sister ships, etc. Basically to let non-gaming audience to step in Fubiki shoe as newcomer and get things explained to them. And we won't have a proper battle by Ep 3 or something.

But actually glad (for myself) that they do jump straight into actions and brush through many games elements (that has been so familiar to game players) instead. On other hand, the equipment installment part. Great focus on it, as that's one thing that Kankcolle player often left wondering as well (like do they actually have a changing room to put them on, do they always wear them like in 4-koma, do they just appear after transformation sequences, don't they need the fairy to put it on them, etc....).

In some way, i think this episode was definitely a fan services to gaming audiences, in fact they also used up almost all of the PV scene in EP 1, means we don't know what gonna happen in coming episodes.

It may leave the non-gaming audiences puzzled with all of the characters, and the pace could be too fast for them through

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-01-07 at 20:45.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 20:35   Link #84
Miraluka
Banned

Even the basic normal serious teitoku would work for this series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 20:45   Link #85
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

how about a "Fighter" Admiral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msIxXtGTUwY
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 21:08   Link #86
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Hmm...making Fubuki, the destroyer class ship, to be the main character is the good idea considering what can destroyer do during the night time in the game.

Whoa, it just the first ep......
***,*73位/***,*71位 ★ (**7,026 pt) [*,*53予約] 2015/03/27 Kantai Collection
Saw this earlier too, gg!
Next Touhou indeed.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 21:11   Link #87
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just watched episode 1.
Spoiler:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 21:16   Link #88
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_BOI_JARRED View Post
Don't forget the T-head Teitoku.
How could I forget about T-kun?!!!

DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Hmm...making Fubuki, the destroyer class ship, to be the main character is the good idea considering what can destroyer do during the night time in the game.

Whoa, it just the first ep......
***,*73位/***,*71位 ★ (**7,026 pt) [*,*53予約] 2015/03/27 Kantai Collection
I am sorry. What is this? o.o
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 21:17   Link #89
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Because if a canon admiral appeared, those who prefer or love a certain type of admiral would be very disappointed with the series because the main admiral is not what they wanted to be.

Examples:
1. Old Man Admiral
2. Teen Admiral
3. Shota Admiral
4. Adult Admiral
5. Female Admiral
6. Shitty Admiral (aka a pervert and a troll)
7. Animal Admiral(?!)
8. Loli Admiral (Barely exists even in fandom)
9. T-Head Admiral

All of the watchers mostly have different fetishes regarding their type of admiral.

Like for me example, my preference of an admiral would be someone who is someone who has a very general personality, maybe similar to Kyon from Haruhi (Fact is, I prayed that the admiral for this anime would be voiced by Tomokazu Sugita)

So if one of the type of admiral stated above were to show up in this show, the fans of the other fetishes would definitely be disappointed (And I know some already are disappointed how their favorite girl isn't showing up in this series =w=)
I would prefer a Shiba Inu teitoku

But i don't really mind if this guy is just like producer-san in im@s
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 21:19   Link #90
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I would prefer a Shiba Inu teitoku

But i don't really mind if this guy is just like producer-san in im@s
Shiba Inu is cute.

T-kun is hilarious. XP
Old 2015-01-07, 21:21   Link #91
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I am sorry. What is this? o.o
The pre-order numbers for the first Blu-Ray volume coming in March. The numbers are decent and not really ground-breaking though.

Also I'll just repeat what I tweeted during my watch of the streamed episode earlier: the anime gives back a lot of love to the players of the game, but non-players will likely just watch it with confusion, as they try to grasp the fantastical aspects of the world setting.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2015-01-07 at 21:31.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 21:33   Link #92
Iron Maw
Banned

^TBF their much higher than anything out this season and if I'm correct the BD has just ranked right? A a ton of shows would kill to have anywhere near 7000pts right out of the gate especially when most never make that far during their entire pre-order period.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 21:42   Link #93
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Also I'll just repeat what I tweeted during my watch of the streamed episode earlier: the anime gives back a lot of love to the players of the game, but non-players will likely just watch it with confusion, as they try to grasp the fantastical aspects of the world setting.
Is it really that difficult to grasp to world setting? Even I haven't played the game, but it doesn't seem that complicated to me. I just easily contrast the stuff in Kancolle with Arpeggio. (Hell, the protagonists even have the same objective: taking back the seas from the unknown force—the Fog in Arpeggio and the Abyssals in Kancolle.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-01-07, 21:51   Link #94
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Nice start plays out just like Strike Witches

Spoiler for Wheres my Hime:

Can you just skip this an make sub fourm now
Old 2015-01-07, 21:51   Link #95
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Is it really that difficult to grasp to world setting?
Hang around Twitter a bit like me and Klashikari -- a good chunk of non-player reactions have been varying degrees of "uhm what?"
Old 2015-01-07, 21:55   Link #96
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Hang around Twitter a bit like me and Klashikari -- a good chunk of non-player reactions have been varying degrees of "uhm what?"
Well, it's not that hard to understand the setting.
Diomedea doesnt even put any of game technical detail into it.

I always recommend to my friends about watching kancolle, dont think too much, treat it like Strike Witches. They got situation, they have solution kinda thing...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 22:04   Link #97
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I've seen quite a few more "I saw this, tried Googling it, and couldn't figure it out" messages in the last eight hours than usual. It greatly resembles the "What is Touhou?" response that often occurs when fanart for that is posted around.

That said, I think the first episode explained the premise well enough (such as it is, considering a nutshell version of "girls who are the souls of ships fight girls from beneath the sea, while wearing weird clothes") and did a clever enough job of dropping in game-related references without poking into their related minutiae.

Not to mention the industry's track record of pulling out widget series in the last few years including Mah Jong Is Serious Business, Girls Have Planes Strapped To Their Legs and No Pants, GIRLS DRIVE TANKS VORRRRRR, Girls Who Are Guns, etc. does make me think that some people are just being confused for the sake of dramatics...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 22:06   Link #98
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Not to mention the industry's track record of pulling out widget series in the last few years including Mah Jong Is Serious Business, Girls Have Planes Strapped To Their Legs and No Pants, GIRLS DRIVE TANKS VORRRRRR, Girls Who Are Guns, etc. does make me think that some people are just being confused for the sake of dramatics...
Or for the sake of posting shit on Twitter.

Old 2015-01-07, 22:08   Link #99
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Nice start plays out just like Strike Witches

Spoiler for Wheres my Hime:
Highly doubt those two will show up. For the Abyssal Land Bases, I'd say the most likely one to show up is Airfield Hime.
Old 2015-01-07, 22:21   Link #100
The Green One

Well as someone who's never played the game or done much in depth study into the series I was able to follow the basics well enough, will probably give it the 3 episode test, so far so good, this looks watchable.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy