AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-14, 13:41   Link #161
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Big doings in the world of Hirano Aya otaku. Tomorrow (i.e., today in Japan) at 5pm, there is a "handshake meeting" with all four main seiyuus from Lucky Star, in honor of the release of the second DVD. It's at the Animate store in Omiya (photo below). All places in line have already been assigned (by a draw).

But at the same time, a big typhoon is bearing down on the region, so there is lots of discussion on 2channel of whether or not the event will be cancelled. So far, no cancellation. And there is some possibility the typhoon will bypass the area.

Braving a typhoon to meet Aaya has a lot of attraction for the Aya-ota, who are no doubt getting their raingear on as we speak.

There is also an announcement on the SOS-Dan page about a special "Super DVD" you can get if you buy all three of: (1) the Suzumiya Haruhi live event DVD that goes on sale at the end of this month, (2) the Hirano Aya photo album that goes on sale at the same time (photo above right), and (3) the new issue of Voice NewType that features Lucky Star. It has also been announced that you get a free separate photograph of Aya when you pre-order the photo album. The photo appears to be the one with the choco-coronet that I posted a couple of days ago. And Seiyuu Grand Prix magazine is asking people to send in questions for Aaya that could be asked for a big feature they plan for next October, to coincide with her 20th birthday. The publicity machine rolls on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-14 at 15:45.
Old 2007-07-15, 17:20   Link #162
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Wow, that's nearly enough to make me sick. Talk about selling an icon.
Old 2007-07-15, 21:01   Link #163
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Consumer society rely heavily on icons to identify themselves as unique individual. Nothing surprising here.
Old 2007-07-15, 21:20   Link #164
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ARgh.... o well... at least their "idols of the moment" have some talent skills (mostly). Americans keep coming up with "and why are we paying obsessive attention to these people?" types like Paris Hilton or Donald Trump
Old 2007-07-15, 21:22   Link #165
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
ARgh.... o well... at least their "idols of the moment" have some talent skills (mostly). Americans keep coming up with "and why are we paying obsessive attention to these people?" types like Paris Hilton or Donald Trump
Cash, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
C.R.E.A.M.
Get the money
Dollar, dollar bill y'all
Old 2007-07-15, 21:47   Link #166
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Hmmm.. eh, that's really normal in Japan. Hand-shaking meetings are common place in the world of idols. Arashi and V6 do them all the time (so dies Momusu, until their fanbase became mostly 30-plus wotas) . It's a nice way of meeting your idol without having them just signing all day long. Most idols actually enjoy them, since most Japanese are polite and won't really shake very hard. Plus the person you touch are usually your fan for life. You have to really know J-POP culture to know that they're really not doing anything unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
At least Japanese idols are actually CUTE and usually do not like to flash their privates in public.
Old 2007-07-16, 01:08   Link #167
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

To tell the truth, I find something charmingly innocent and homey about these little promotions. I mean, a free photograph? It seems so far from the big-time -- and it is. In money terms, this is nowhere near the world of even Gackt, to say nothing of Paris Hilton or Brad Pitt. Can you picture either of them at a "handshake meeting" at a Blockbuster video store?

By the way, the session went off without a hitch -- the weather cleared up at the last minute, giving 2channel a chance to say that Aya is a good-weather girl whose presence brings fair skies. Only Aya has so far posted a photo, although all four ladies have thanked the fans for coming despite the typhoon and have said they will add more later. Shiraishi was there, too, apparently quite manic. (l-r) Endou Aya (Miyuki), Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa), Hirano Aya (Konata), Katou Emiri (Kagami). (in front) Shiraishi Minoru.

Apparently there were handshake sessions at both the Animate and Gamers stores in Omiya, and next weekend there will be sessions at the main Animate and Gamers stores in Akihabara. There appears to be at least one site that tracks celebrity appearances of interest to otaku.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-16 at 01:34.
Old 2007-07-16, 01:53   Link #168
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
To tell the truth, I find something charmingly innocent and homey about these little promotions. I mean, a free photograph? It seems so far from the big-time -- and it is. In money terms, this is nowhere near the world of even Gackt, to say nothing of Paris Hilton or Brad Pitt. Can you picture either of them at a "handshake meeting" at a Blockbuster video store?
I find them charming too. It's usually very pleasant if the idol is nice in person. They are more popular with acts before they become mega-popular (like these seiyuus), but even big time idol in Japan would have them - you'll just have to qualify to be the one of the person they get to touch. Usually a small contest winners or fan club members get first dib.
Old 2007-07-16, 03:07   Link #169
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Kano Yui, who was co-winner with Aaya of an award for best young seiyuu of 2006, for her role of Momoko in Sumomo mo Momo mo, will appear briefly in ep16 of Lucky Star, according to her blog and Seiyuu Watch. From mentions in their blogs, it seems that the Aaya and Yui have fun together, so maybe this was Aaya's suggestion in some way.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:10   Link #170
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I made a blog post, with more pics, about the handshake events.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:22   Link #171
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Big doings in the world of Hirano Aya otaku. Tomorrow (i.e., today in Japan) at 5pm, there is a "handshake meeting" with all four main seiyuus from Lucky Star, in honor of the release of the second DVD. It's at the Animate store in Omiya (photo below). All places in line have already been assigned (by a draw).

But at the same time, a big typhoon is bearing down on the region, so there is lots of discussion on 2channel of whether or not the event will be cancelled. So far, no cancellation. And there is some possibility the typhoon will bypass the area.

Braving a typhoon to meet Aaya has a lot of attraction for the Aya-ota, who are no doubt getting their raingear on as we speak.

There is also an announcement on the SOS-Dan page about a special "Super DVD" you can get if you buy all three of: (1) the Suzumiya Haruhi live event DVD that goes on sale at the end of this month, (2) the Hirano Aya photo album that goes on sale at the same time (photo above right), and (3) the new issue of Voice NewType that features Lucky Star. It has also been announced that you get a free separate photograph of Aya when you pre-order the photo album. The photo appears to be the one with the choco-coronet that I posted a couple of days ago. And Seiyuu Grand Prix magazine is asking people to send in questions for Aaya that could be asked for a big feature they plan for next October, to coincide with her 20th birthday. The publicity machine rolls on.
Let's hear it for newly minted Shill Aya Hirano.

The industry is forcing her into it though really, I mean she'll be burnt out before she's 30 and I don't think she explicitly wants that, but as someone I know said via PM, she's become part of the beast, or essentially a Mascoto Character for Kadokawa and other interested parties. Even if the Multi-Talented Seiyuu Idol Trend (That's a loose phrase if ever I heard one) is annoying, it's still relatively harmless in the long run. Last I checked non of them had secret sex tapes or staged public feuds like in America. Hopefully it stays that way.
Old 2007-07-17, 07:33   Link #172
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

This one reminds me of Ougie from GENSHIKEN though it's not. Aya Hirano is truly great when ever she cosplays and models for anime and games.
Old 2007-07-17, 10:29   Link #173
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The industry is forcing her into it though really, I mean she'll be burnt out before she's 30 [...]
Most idol burn out before they're 20, so she's already has a leg up. Believe me, this is her second chance at real idol-hood and she'll do everything she can to really make it. She will gladly give all her otaku success for a "real" #1 single or album. I think it's less what the industry wants from her, rather than what she wants for herself. She's got a chance with that voice; given a great song, she can probably do well mainstream.
Old 2007-07-17, 12:39   Link #174
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Most idols burn out before they're 20, so she's already has a leg up. Believe me, this is her second chance at real idol-hood and she'll do everything she can to really make it. She will gladly give all her otaku success for a "real" #1 single or album. I think it's less what the industry wants from her, rather than what she wants for herself. She's got a chance with that voice; given a great song, she can probably do well mainstream.
I agree with this 100%. As I've said before, it seems to me that Aaya is at least as ambitious for herself as her agency could ever be on her behalf. Her ambition may or may not be psychologically or physically beneficial for her, but I think she has it. It's another reason that I compare her to Judy Garland -- that and the fragile emotionality in her voice.

She has been in show business since she was nine, and is devoted to succeeding in it. She was in commercials in her early teens, then became a seiyuu in Tenshi no Shippo and Kiddy Grade, then was in the idol group Springs. When that failed, it looked as if she would have to settle for being a seiyuu or just going to college and forgetting about it. Than Haruhi came along. Unfortunately, "seiyuu" is nowhere near the level of real show-business success in Japan, and she is working with her agency to use Haruhi as a springboard to greater things. Don't laugh, but really I think she'd like to be Avril Lavigne.
Old 2007-07-17, 16:05   Link #175
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've followed a few seiyuu who've managed to go "mainstream". Hirano has the good fortune of riding a slow shift of rising respectability for anime (very slow.. but with the government recognizing that anime is appreciated globally it is shifting). Therefore I'd say her chances of becoming a generally recognized multi-skilled talent are improving every day. I keep thinking of Kimiko in Megatokyo though..... it could blow up for her or her nerves might fray so keeping a hand on the steam valves is paramount.
Old 2007-07-18, 02:07   Link #176
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Miyuki (Endou Aya) shows Konata (Hirano Aya) the right way to eat a choco-coronet:

From Voice NewType, I suspect, via 2channel.
Old 2007-07-18, 02:28   Link #177
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm sure that pic got many a fanboy "hot and bothered" .... o the fandom of it all
Old 2007-07-18, 14:45   Link #178
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've updated my characters/seiyuus page for Lucky Star to include pics and info on the seiyuus for the two new characters who appear in ep15. Aizawa Mai, who plays the quieter of the two, is among the shortest of all seiyuus, at 145cm (~4'9"). According to ja.Wikipedia, she likes robot anime and pro wrestling.

Vexx, I'm sure the mangaka knew exactly what he was doing when he wrote that segment on eating a choco-coronet. So did Yamakan when he started the series with it. And now Voice NewType takes advantage of the meme.
Old 2007-07-18, 21:11   Link #179
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
she likes robot anime and pro wrestling.
Relevant to my interests
Old 2007-07-18, 22:10   Link #180
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Vexx, I'm sure the mangaka knew exactly what he was doing when he wrote that segment on eating a choco-coronet. So did Yamakan when he started the series with it. And now Voice NewType takes advantage of the meme.
It's more sexually suggestive than a melon-pan

Plus it's GOOOD! I think all Aya-ota should be eating one once a day now. Sales must have gone through the roof.. heck, even I buy 2 cronets (sorry I like custard cronets better) every week from our local JP supermarket.

Chujo-sama, I must give you prop for your dedication to seiyuu news. You are an inspiration to watch.
Closed Thread