AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 22:00   Link #61
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Kajika is a free spirit. The leopard-guy thing was sudden and a fantasy, but she trusts her instincts. And she doesn't care what we think, either, lol. She may care what Liren thinks, though. We'll see.

She is my main reason for liking the first two episodes. She really does have some characteristics that a brilliant girl raised alone in luxury (with a leopard) might have: self-confidence, no sense of danger, implicit trust in her own ideas. Things most of us don't have.

She would also probably be really hard to live with, always charging off in whatever direction she wanted. As Liren continues to find out.

Maybe it's just my liking for Endou Aya's voice, but the combination of that and the drawing makes me think there really is a living, breathing person behind her eyes.

I agree that some people must be put off by things like the leopard and seeing the leopard in the guy. This is certainly fantasy. However, I expect all the candidates will come to seem likeable, eventually. Otherwise, the conclusion would be totally obvious.
Yea...This was the part that kept making me groan in the second episode. I like her character normally, but her constant goings on about her dead kitty's spirit being inside some guy she just met was really tiring quickly....

I'll be crossing my finger's that this aspect either gets downplayed or quietly forgotten entirely in the future.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 08:25   Link #62
LKK

I had a lot of respect for Kajika's strength of personality after the first episode. She lost some of my respect in the second episode though. It wasn't that she thought that Mustafa's soul inhabited Eugene's body that put me off per se. It was her insistence that everyone else accept the idea and how she handled the situation that bugged me. Her actions bordered on arrogance. Not to mention, she came close to stalker territory in going after Eugene like she did.

Speaking of Eugene... I gotta wonder about a man who finds a 14-year-old girl sitting on the steps to his apartment complex. A girl he might have briefly seen one time before at best. A girl who insists that he's the reincarnation of a leopard. He then invites her into his apartment and casually talks with her without a clue as to who she is. (Remember, he didn't know she was the Barnesworth heiress until they had been talking in his apartment for a while.)

Quite honestly, I thought both of them had some screws loose during that whole event.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 10:35   Link #63
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Personally for me, 'perfect' is boring, especially having seen the cookie cutter characters for the umpteenth time in anime romance shows.

As such, I find Kajika to be by far the most interesting character of the show, especially when you compare her to the likes of Li Ren, who so far looks to be another 'boring' perfect character that can do anything and everything (head of a big company, smart, AND is a much better protector of Kajika than her supposed bodyguard?). I also have a stinking feeling that the three groom prospects wouldn't be too far from Li Ren, judging by the father's descriptions of them, and by the fact that this is a reverse harem show.

So yeah, I actually welcome Kajika's faults in this episode. It shows that despite how mature and strong her personality might seem, she's still a spoiled rich brat in the end.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 22:25   Link #64
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Really? I'm the exact opposite. I find him to be disgusting, treating his daughter the way he does. Using her in a game. He's a vile little man.

Eugene. Interesting character, but damn he needs a haircut so badly. So far the only characters worth watching are the Japanese friend from episode 1, and Li-Ren.

And no, I'm not excepting the heroine. I can't stand her either. Running around chasing Eugene blathering on about how he has the spirit of her leopard. I mean, just wow! What an idiot. Makes me want to smack the brainless little twit. Add in her excusing Eugene there at the end. With this kind of pathetic, yet typical shoujo attitudes, its going to be tough to keep watching this show.

I'm going to give this show just one more episode, then in all probability, I'll end up dropping it. I typically enjoy the reverse harem type shows, but so far, this isn't one I'll be able to stand watching.
Spoiler for a lil spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I had a lot of respect for Kajika's strength of personality after the first episode. She lost some of my respect in the second episode though. It wasn't that she thought that Mustafa's soul inhabited Eugene's body that put me off per se. It was her insistence that everyone else accept the idea and how she handled the situation that bugged me. Her actions bordered on arrogance. Not to mention, she came close to stalker territory in going after Eugene like she did.
Spoiler for lil spoiler:
Old 2009-04-16, 23:38   Link #65
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Okay I saw ep 1 and part of 2. I don't know the complexity of the story so I can only see it from a simple POV. The father has this only daughter that he treasures so very much and he wants the best for her (and it means the best partner who is also her true love. I'll be just happy with this intention and not brew any conspiracy theory.) I surmise the length of the story mainly must be focusing on letting Kajika finding her true love (and at the same time come to an understanding what love really is. Along the way, the process needs to crack Li Ren's mask and this guy must be the chosen charming prince. He has advantage point of "the guy who was always there." It's always safe betting on dark hair dude. But then there's another dark hair dude who hasn't come out yet. We all know the girl rarely picks light hair foreign dudes unless he's the only choice.)

Anyways, at this point Kajika's understanding of love is still very child-like hence the belief that love must the emotion she shared with Musafa and seeing a male with similar features give her some illusions.

Whatever the case may be, I'll see where it goes but so far me like this harem very much.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 06:54   Link #66
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

ep 2 Got Sub by m.3.3.w. today ...I must say thank you ^__^
Old 2009-04-17, 17:57   Link #67
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
ep 2 Got Sub by m.3.3.w. today ...I must say thank you ^__^
No problem ^_^

Sorry about the delay. Miscommunication btwn distro and the translator >_<

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 18:28   Link #68
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 3 Photoessay.
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 18:53   Link #69
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Episode 2 was pretty interesting. I certainly didn't expect Kajika to ramble on about leopard's spirit and stuff, but it wasn't to the point of being annoying or down right stupid. I'm really interested to see the other possible groom candidates too.

Hmm I wonder what are the chances that Li Ren is one of the choosen groom.
Old 2009-04-27, 18:18   Link #70
carmolita

I started watching this series today and I am already hooked! I love reverse harem shows!!!!
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 19:28   Link #71
ani_d

One qualities that I hate in reverse harem is guys easily falling in love with the girl due to simple reasons like the heroine saying something intelligent, or the heroine being a passive girl that needs to be protected by all the males around (i.e maiden of suzaku -_-) or she has some sacred item that all the guys want etc. Luckily I don't feel that vibe in this anime, and like I always say, the weirder the heroine, the better. Kajika is no Nodame and Kyoko Mogami though but I do think she's borderline "out there" with them as well.

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2009-04-29, 10:39   Link #72
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
woot the princey is appearing next ep can't wait
Old 2009-04-29, 13:00   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post

Speaking of Eugene... I gotta wonder about a man who finds a 14-year-old girl sitting on the steps to his apartment complex. A girl he might have briefly seen one time before at best. A girl who insists that he's the reincarnation of a leopard. He then invites her into his apartment and casually talks with her without a clue as to who she is. (Remember, he didn't know she was the Barnesworth heiress until they had been talking in his apartment for a while.)

Quite honestly, I thought both of them had some screws loose during that whole event.
1. Kajika doesn't "border on arrogance." Arrogance is her middle name, lol. She was raised like a princess on an island, with everyone doing whatever she wanted. That arrogance comes from the fierce purity of her nature, too. And she's also still a child, with no sense of limits. Really, she's one of the most engaging characters I can remember. As long as I'm just watching a show and don't have to live with her, lol. Perhaps part of the satisfaction here is being able to identify with such a free and untrammelled spirit.

2. Eugene is also consistent. He's a selfish and irresponsible Casanova. Of course he'd invite that 14-year-old on the steps into his apartment.
Spoiler for Eugene in ep3:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 12:40   Link #74
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

The way Kajika reaches out to people with those kind words seem rather cliche but somehow I dont mind. Do not tell me I overlook this because I have been enchanted by Eugene's beauty?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 05:15   Link #75
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 4

Well, it's safe to say that this is melodrama, and if you want to be critical, it's pretty silly melodrama as well, particularly since "logic" isn't really a strong suit for a lot of these characters. But it's strangely enjoyable melodrama. I think you gotta be willing to suspend your disbelief and really cut the characters a lot of slack to get anything out of this. Nonetheless, for now, I don't mind where this is going.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 07:40   Link #76
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

i just say ep 5. it was interesting. but i have to say this. it looks like the next 10 -15 eps will be introducing characters and there problems. which if we remember that this is a anime with 39 eps will probably be have the series. so either the plot is going to be faced paced with awesomeness or this has the potential to be (do i dare say it, yes i shall) the new dragonaut. Dragonaut with its brilliant start and crap end. But i watch this show for 2 reasons. First: people have hinted that she will definitely choose one or the other and not end with not choosing any of the gentlemen. Second: regardless of what potential the anime has to be a dud we cant say an anime is a dud unless it gets up to that point.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 07:57   Link #77
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
Dragonaut with its brilliant start and crap end.
In the immortal words of Al... "I don't think so Tim".
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 08:11   Link #78
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Just saw ep. 5 too and it's getting interesting.
Spoiler for Rest of reaction to ep 5 in spoiler tags:
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 20:45   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I really do wonder how this series affects female watchers. I mean, I'm a guy, but the forced pregnancy issues last episode and the 'woman!' comments this episode still is enough to churn my stomach. I really only tolerate it because I know the source material is practically 2 decades old already.

Anyways, I do think that Harry is a freaking genious. Only vaguely saying that Kajika would know who are the three people he chose upon meeting them was just fantastic on his part. He doesn't have to lift a finger, because since Kajika is that age, she'd be drawn towards certain people anyways regardles of the game or not. I'm of the opinion that Harry really did choose no one... he's just letting Kajika's hormones do his dirty work lol.

As for this episode, I just can't help but squeal that the uncle thinks that because Harry chose Li Ren to protect her, Harry has already decided that its him to be her husband. Well, it certainly is supported by the fact that as far as whats shown so far, its only Li Ren Harry allowed an outsider to visit Kajika on the island. XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 22:29   Link #80
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I have no patience for these kind of things especially when my inclination is clearly on Li Ren and so I had to find my way to the manga. I can't wait until it gets there.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo