AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-01-01, 20:22   Link #981
Peanutbutter

Congrats to Hiyocchi! (while I go cry in my basement)

And she's already married for a year. Looks like the thing went well and smooth for her. Hope she doesn't suffer any backlash from fans.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 22:02   Link #982
SisterPrincess

After so many years later (like 5 years ago at least), I can't find a up to date seiyuu blog in english language, are there any recommendations?
SisterPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 10:39   Link #983
justpassingby

A preview of the upcoming Q-Mhz Album, featuring LiSA, Komatsu Mikako, Toyama Nao, Suzuki Konomi, and Nanjo Yoshino.

On Sale January 27th. Can't wait. ٩( ᐖ )و ( ᐛ )و

Old 2016-03-06, 15:07   Link #984
Ernietheracefan

Does Erino Hazuki & Chinami Nishimura are still active..?

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 04:36   Link #985
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Does Erino Hazuki & Chinami Nishimura are still active..?
Erino Hazuki never was exceptionally active but she still voice characters from time to time. She reprise her role as Akari in Aria the Avvenire and she was in all the Tamayura installments (although her character was put on a bus after the first movie). High chance we'll see her in the Brave Witches anime this Summer of Fall.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 16:00   Link #986
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Erino Hazuki never was exceptionally active but she still voice characters from time to time. She reprise her role as Akari in Aria the Avvenire and she was in all the Tamayura installments (although her character was put on a bus after the first movie). High chance we'll see her in the Brave Witches anime this Summer of Fall.
If Humikane & Takamura contacted her. And she would be a great choice for Georgette (I always imagined her with Akari's voice).

Besides, 501st have Chiwa Saito, 504th have Ryo Hirohashi & Kaori Mizuhashi, then 502nd should have her, Junko Minagawa, Akeno Watanabe & Sayaka Ohara (so we'll see another Fate series relations).

If Tomoko Kawakami was still alive, I'd like to listening her as Elma Leivonen (Eila's mentor, and she's quite clumsy).

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 05:25   Link #987
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Congrats to Inori Minase, Best Actress at the 2016 Seiyuu Awards! She really deserves it for her performance in School-Live.
Old 2016-03-12, 06:35   Link #988
AntonKutovoi

Matsuoka was good as Souma in 2015, so congratulations to him. I wonder, what role brought Inori Minase her award - Hestia or Yuuki? Rie Takahashi taking a Best New Actress Award is probably what pleases me the most.
Hiroshi Kamiya took Hiroshi Kamiya's award, just as always.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 15:32   Link #989
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Matsuoka was good as Souma in 2015, so congratulations to him.
How many for Matsuoka now, two in a row like Yuuki Kaji?

Man, next year is going to be the ultimate battle between the two Harem Kings. Pokemon XYZ should better end sooner so Kaji can come back and challenge Matsuoka for the title of the One True Harem King.

So for now, I guess Matsuoka currently holds the title. I mean, look at his previous roles. Most of them main leads who are Harem Kings in their own right.

The one thing I like about Yuuki Kaji better than Matsuoka is the variety of roles he can do: from childish wimps (Citron, Hope Estheim, Haruyuki Arita) to confident badass Harem Kings (Subaru Hasegawa, Issei Hyoudou) at a drop of a hat.

I don't see any of that with Matsuoka atm. He's pretty much pigeonholed as badass Harem Kings.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 16:05   Link #990
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
How many for Matsuoka now, two in a row like Yuuki Kaji?
Er... It's his first one. The only other Seiyuu Award he received is Best New Actor back in 2012.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt that Kaji or Matsuoka will take leading award next year. Competition will be way too strong. Hell, it already is with Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.
The only thing I can predict about next year is that the Best Lead Actress most likely will be taken by whoever will voice Judy Hopps in Japanese dub of Zootopia.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 19:15   Link #991
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
I wonder, what role brought Inori Minase her award - Hestia or Yuuki?
Some people on /a/ are accusing her win of being tainted by Sony but I refuse to believe it. Another theory is that she got the award for her upcoming preformance in Anthem of the Heart .

Either way, Yuuki Takeya was the preformance of the year for me and Inorin deserves the win for that.
Old 2016-03-12, 20:07   Link #992
judasmartel
*Author

Tainted by Sony? Is this casting couch or what?

Anyways, I refuse to believe that too. Inori Minase had a mean streak of big roles as well. Doesn't matter for which role she got it, she deserved it.

On second thoughts, I think it's Yuuki since Hestia only became memetic for her boob ribbon (and people who read the LNs going like "lol busty loli" on her).

Quote:
Er... It's his first
one. The only other Seiyuu Award he received is Best New Actor back in 2012.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt that Kaji or Matsuoka will take leading award next year. Competition will be way too strong. Hell, it already is with Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.
The only thing I can predict about next year is that the Best Lead Actress most likely will be taken by whoever will voice Judy Hopps in Japanese dub of Zootopia.
No doubt the competition will be very strong next year. Last year was definitely Matsuoka's year with his mad streak of main lead roles (Sakurasou, DanMachi, NGNL).

I don't think I'll place too much weight on just a few shows, but wow, the Zootopia hype is real in Japan, huh?
Old 2016-03-12, 20:48   Link #993
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Tainted by Sony? Is this casting couch or what?

Anyways, I refuse to believe that too.
You know how it is with /a/, some of the best anime information on the internet combined with some of the worst trolling. But to be honest, even though I don't want to believe it, it definitely doesn't seem implausible to me that a corporation like Sony would try to influence an award so that one of their up and coming stars gets more hype and publicity.

But I don't want to believe that either. Inori Minase has only had a few major roles and they were mostly super memorable.

I'm a big fan of her clearly.
Old 2016-03-13, 04:23   Link #994
judasmartel
*Author

Oh, so that's how it is. What's wrong with Sony BTW? Getting rekt by the competition maybe?
Old 2016-03-13, 16:58   Link #995
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Is there some scandal with Sony I don't know about?

Matsuoka won? Cool. He needs to play more than Harem Kings and pervs though.
Old 2016-03-13, 19:31   Link #996
SisterPrincess

Users posted many times ago this seiyuu award is backed by "certain groups". Winners in this award are chosen by like 5 music directors affilated with "certain groups".

In general, music directors have their ideal choices as it's impossible to look at more than 150 candidates.

Next, people noticed 81-produce (its one of the agency for seiyuus) is a big winner here. Why would people still believe it's fair?

Then again, the main purpose of this award is to look how awesome they look with their tuxedos and yukatas.
SisterPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 21:52   Link #997
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterPrincess View Post
Then again, the main purpose of this award is to look how awesome they look with their tuxedos and yukatas.
The yukatas are so beautiful:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-03-25, 01:26   Link #998
scineram

Quote:
Does that show even register among the industry bean counters? But it would be fucking hilarious if Yamadera Koichi won Best Seiyuu Award in 2017, and if Ishida Akira or Hayashibara won only slightly less so.
scineram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 12:58   Link #999
judasmartel
*Author

These soundbytes just raised my interest on rookie seiyuu Madoka Asahina, which sounds like an idol's name (lol).

Soundbyte 1 | Soundbyte 2

I like how she is capable of pulling off a family of females (and a young boy) at her age like it's nothing. Maybe it's par for the course for Japanese seiyuu nowadays, but holy shit, this is impressive to me.

She reminds me of a mix of Aya Suzaki, Emiri Kato, and a younger Ayako Kawasumi. Just give her good roles that fit her vocal range and she could be the next big thing in 1-3 years time.
Old 2016-03-29, 09:33   Link #1000
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Remember what happened to Ai Takabe? The drug charges filed against her had just been dropped.
She's now also back to work, to a certain extent.

Unfortunately, the reason behind the dropped charges is because "societal sanctions are enough".
That means her days as a seiyuu and as an idol are just a fleeting memory.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote