AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-01, 03:55   Link #901
relentlessflame

*Administrator

BTW, if you are going to use game knowledge to speculate about the length of the anime, please go to the game thread. Game spoilers are not allowed in this thread, even behind spoiler tags.
Old 2012-05-01, 04:15   Link #902
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
So no adapted anime will ever be as good as it's visual novel?
I meant that it'll be remembered but still have it's flaws (ex: CLANNAD and CLANNAD after story)

Worst case scenario: Little Busters will be spirited away and just like Tsukihime, denied. And btw, there's no Tsukihime anime.
Old 2012-05-01, 10:52   Link #903
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
I was rewatching the PV, and a comment caught my eye.
Judging LB just by the pv won't do you good because if I remember it right. JC isn't the one who did the pv though it does look like JC's work. But that's a commissioned one if I remembered it right.
Old 2012-05-01, 11:02   Link #904
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Judging LB just by the pv won't do you good because if I remember it right. JC isn't the one who did the pv though it does look like JC's work. But that's a commissioned one if I remembered it right.
I'm not judging it by the PV, I'm as informed as the rest of you on that matter. It was just the comment that caught my eye.

If you are wondering why I was watchign the PV, I was doing it in order to pump myself up for the anime, not to judge.

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-05-01, 15:26   Link #905
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I've wanted to say something on this whole matter of the J.C Staff involvement when everybody expected Kyoani, but I know it's a very passionate subject and that admittedly I don't share the passion that others have for the Key novel. This has made it kind of tough for me to relate to the situation at hand and I figured that going in and attacking the situation directly would be merely throwing fuel on the fire. Still I wanted to have a voice on the matter, and I thought about it for about a week and eventually I came to a conclusion. If I can't relate to the situation directly due to lack of real experience and knowledge with it, why not try to relate the situation to something I do know about, like Hockey politics.

That's when I realized that this whole situation reminds me a lot of the one that faced a goaltender for my favorite team last season named Carey Price (my personal IRL hero actually) and how he was scrutinized in the wake of a certain event:

The story itself is above. Essentially Carey Price was a high potential high draft pick that the Montreal Canadiens put a lot of time and energy into building up, but he'd always failed to live up to their high expectations of him, despite usually doing pretty well he had a habit of letting in bad goals that hurt the team and caused many to feel that he wasn't fit for the job of starting goaltender. A few years ago he was replaced by the Canadiens other starting goaltender Jaroslav Halak in the Playoffs and Halak carried the team to the Eastern Conference Finals with a career playoff season for the ages. After that everyone figured he would be the guy in Montreal and that Price would be on the way out...well as the video will show you it wasn't the case and something very different happened, Halak was traded instead, the Canadiens administration chose to put their faith in Price despite the absolute clamoring of fans that Price would doom the team and guess what...after a rocky preseason Price was lights out and lead the entire league in wins by the end of the regular season while finishing in the top 5-10 amidst 50+ goaltenders in all major statistical categories to triumphantly silence all of his critics and turn them into believers in his ability that he still has plenty of time to improve on even yet.

If one were to liken the former diamond in the rough Carey Price to the J.C Staff nobody wanted to give a chance too after some bad experiences and Jaro Halak to the Kyoani that was told that his partnership with the team (Key) was ending despite a very popular run of performances and we acknowledge that J.C Staff has high potential and has shown flashes of brilliance and that Key has shown faith in them despite the clamoring of fans (Canadiens organization to Habs fans), why is it not then possible to consider that just maybe J.C Staff could with the right coaching (supervision from Key) and people helping them to tap their potential could pull off a Price like season and deliver a good product in Little Busters?

Anyway this is probably a strange analogy to some but I hope the video and my explanation gets the point I'm trying to make across that maybe some fans might just want to consider the words of Carey Price in the video and try applying it to this situation, that it's still early in the season and that perhaps it couldn't hurt to just relax...you know...just chill out, take a step back and let the performance of the show speak for itself when it really matters.
Old 2012-05-01, 15:58   Link #906
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
If one were to liken the former diamond in the rough Carey Price to the J.C Staff nobody wanted to give a chance too after some bad experiences and Jaro Halak to the Kyoani that was told that his partnership with the team (Key) was ending despite a very popular run of performances and we acknowledge that J.C Staff has high potential and has shown flashes of brilliance and that Key has shown faith in them despite the clamoring of fans (Canadiens organization to Habs fans), why is it not then possible to consider that just maybe J.C Staff could with the right coaching (supervision from Key) and people helping them to tap their potential could pull off a Price like season and deliver a good product in Little Busters?
Statistics. How do they work?

Old 2012-05-01, 16:24   Link #907
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

for most of kaioshin post i was "WTF did i just read?" but i kinda get the point, i think a simplier example would be shaft, aniplex trusted it a couple of times and it helped it improve greately, and to this point to aru majutsu index S1 is my favorite anime, but they have gotten some famoust projects to adapt and has dissapoint a lot of people, also any 2nd season the have done have dissapointed fans of the first one.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:52   Link #908
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
for most of kaioshin post i was "WTF did i just read?" but i kinda get the point, i think a simplier example would be shaft, aniplex trusted it a couple of times and it helped it improve greately, and to this point to aru majutsu index S1 is my favorite anime, but they have gotten some famoust projects to adapt and has dissapoint a lot of people, also any 2nd season the have done have dissapointed fans of the first one.
That's not at all the point I was trying to make with the analogy.
Old 2012-05-01, 19:43   Link #909
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
and guess what...after a rocky preseason Price was lights out and lead the entire league in wins by the end of the regular season while finishing in the top 5-10 amidst 50+ goaltenders in all major statistical categories to triumphantly silence all of his critics and turn them into believers in his ability that he still has plenty of time to improve on even yet.

Anyway this is probably a strange analogy to some but I hope the video and my explanation gets the point I'm trying to make across that maybe some fans might just want to consider the words of Carey Price in the video and try applying it to this situation, that it's still early in the season and that perhaps it couldn't hurt to just relax...you know...just chill out, take a step back and let the performance of the show speak for itself when it really matters.
If J.C. Staff really pulls off a great show, everyone who ever complained about the studio choice would be overjoyed to shove their crap back down their throat. But if the show sucks, well, at least they saw it coming. Different people set their expectations different ways, but in the end we're all going to watch it anyway, so it doesn't matter a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys come the actual show.
Old 2012-05-01, 23:17   Link #910
Team Rocket Elite

I kinda get the analogy but I rather not see Key finish last in their Division. >_>

In any case, while I do have concerns about JC Staff, I will be giving them a chance when the anime actually comes out.
Old 2012-05-02, 18:29   Link #911
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That's not at all the point I was trying to make with the analogy.
ohh ok ... nevermind then
Old 2012-05-03, 12:06   Link #912
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Some people don't realize the clear separation between anime and visual novel. No, not every scene you liked will be included in the anime and no that doesn't mean the anime will be bad because of it. No adaptation is perfect but perfection isn't exactly what's needed to be the best.

An anime can only stuff in so much, but for what they stuff in, they can polish greatly. Some people think Index II is better because it followed the novels in tiptop shape but in my opinion, sticking so closely to those novels really hurted Index II in some parts (the whole Dahaisesai thing). Anime should have the liberty to change things for the better (but not in a way that it'll bastardize the entire thing) and for a story to become more free flowing.

My point is that some people in this thread can get really annoying. Not everyone thinks VN adaptations are terrible and to those that always say "the VN is better; the anime is crap" can go fall on a cliff. There was even a point in this thread where one guy prof fessed that CLANNAD should be omnibus to follow everything in the VN. Holy smokes are you guys retarded (well this is coming from someone hating the whole omnibus format in anime form because it totally ruins a story's heart.)?

Little Busters will be fine if you just let go of some of your high expectations, and let it accept what it is when it comes. After all if the story is as good as you people say then no matter how much the guys ruin it, some sparks of brilliance will truly shine. Trust on the material is all I can say.
Old 2012-05-03, 18:29   Link #913
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

we speak out of experience, jc staff has screwed things in the past and so far thats the reputation they have given themselves, but you shouldnt be calling people retard for prefering one format or the other even if i agree with you, because then anyone could call you the same for saying jc staff to have creative freedom, after the wonders that did to past series, also i think i havent seen another person having problems with the season 2 of index for following close the LN, most people that had a problem with it was for its chaos;head/akikan like quality of animation.
Old 2012-05-03, 18:42   Link #914
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
we speak out of experience, jc staff has screwed things in the past and so far thats the reputation they have given themselves, but you shouldnt be calling people retard for prefering one format or the other even if i agree with you, because then anyone could call you the same for saying jc staff to have creative freedom, after the wonders that did to past series, also i think i havent seen another person having problems with the season 2 of index for following close the LN, most people that had a problem with it was for its chaos;head/akikan like quality of animation.
Based on experience, JC Staff's only VN adaptation is Tsukihime and that was a decade ago. Screwing an adaptation depends on how you see it. True Tears butchered its VN to the point where the entire story is changed and you don't see anyone complaining. While JC Staff really has done terrible adaptations, they do have their fair share of good ones. Then again the main staff for the good ones are amazing people (Keiichi Kasai, Nagai Tatsuyuki) and the ones for LB really does look dreary. Still, you gotta cut some slack when you've barely seen anything (No real trailer, no nothing).
Old 2012-05-03, 21:39   Link #915
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Based on experience, JC Staff's only VN adaptation is Tsukihime and that was a decade ago. Screwing an adaptation depends on how you see it. True Tears butchered its VN to the point where the entire story is changed and you don't see anyone complaining. While JC Staff really has done terrible adaptations, they do have their fair share of good ones. Then again the main staff for the good ones are amazing people (Keiichi Kasai, Nagai Tatsuyuki) and the ones for LB really does look dreary. Still, you gotta cut some slack when you've barely seen anything (No real trailer, no nothing).
Just a small correction, True Tears never intended to follow the VN. In fact, it's not even an adaptation; it just happened to use the same name.
Old 2012-05-03, 22:13   Link #916
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I was listening to Kud Wafter's OST, and was thinking that it would be neat if they could fit "Stardust" into Kud's OST in the anime.

Such a beautiful song, it'd be a waste not to use it.

Link: http://youtu.be/iNgyWfake9A

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-05-03, 23:56   Link #917
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
i have to say that to somethings i do agree with you specially with the to aru dahaisesai wich was horrible in lots of ways specially story wise, im not talking about tsukihime there are more recen examples like shana, znt and HnA, and i judge those without knowing the original material, anyways what i said is that jc cant do 2nd part rigth, and yeah im judjing it without knowing anything about the adaptation, but i will until they prove me wrong, after all thats the reputation they earned themselves.
Old 2012-05-04, 02:20   Link #918
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
but i will until they prove me wrong, after all thats the reputation they earned themselves.
Except none of the people working on this worked on the shows you mentionned.

That doesn't mean that the staff is anything amazing but there's no need to blame them for things they weren't involved in.
Old 2012-05-04, 04:00   Link #919
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Except none of the people working on this worked on the shows you mentionned.

That doesn't mean that the staff is anything amazing but there's no need to blame them for things they weren't involved in.
Then that still isn't much of a defence. It means instead of a studio that has a reputation of making bad adaptations, you have a production team that doesn't have any reputation at all.

Some Blind Faith is certainly required here.
Old 2012-05-04, 04:17   Link #920
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Then that still isn't much of a defence. It means instead of a studio that has a reputation of making bad adaptations, you have a production team that doesn't have any reputation at all.

Some Blind Faith is certainly required here.

Except they do have reputation (or perhaps experience), as our fellow member here pointed out.

Tags
anime game, little busters