AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-26, 10:32   Link #3421
TarkTheTrinigon

I can't wait to see what happens when Aria learns about Kinjis hysteria mode.

Riko, G3, G4 are like the current main characters that know, correct?
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 14:12   Link #3422
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkTheTrinigon View Post

Riko, G3, G4 are like the current main characters that know, correct?
Yes's your right on this one. But G3 and G4 are considered family so they are exempted to it.

Outside of Family. Riko is the only one who knew.

I haven't even read/heard the summary on the last volume with the german nazi and based on that summary for the next volume. it looks like kinji fought tanks last volume.
Old 2013-12-26, 15:54   Link #3423
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

I think you all are forgetting someone on that list, whose weapon I have a Real Sword brand replica sitting next to my right now (which I wanted to go shoot for once after so long but cannot as the weather has gotten worse), that of Reki (I just reread volume 6 to feel good in this miserable month).

As for tanks, I suddenly feel the land-based strikers suddenly appearing. Obviously the tanks are all driven by girls that Kinji has no defense against, all without any smudges of oil or whatnot on them. Suddenly Reki with a PTRS-41 comes to mind.

The division and family matters are probably something to do with either his grandparents not finding certain members of Kinji's group with great favor (Riko, Aria?) or more likely Kana or G3/G4 getting into a heated debate with Kinji over some matter that results in a standoff or separation. Division has to be something about the war council of Dreena, probably over strategy.

I get the horrible notion that Kinji in all likelihood pulled out a Deus Ex Machine and deflected a 75 or 88mm tank round with either his hand, blades, or guns. I'm sure I am not the only one expecting that.
Old 2013-12-26, 16:43   Link #3424
tsunade666

I did consider Reki but I'm not sure because I haven't read Aria for months now though I know Reki follows him to his home and even his grandparents welcome her but my memory is hazy on her knowing about HSS.
Old 2013-12-26, 17:50   Link #3425
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

Yeah, it is a bit unusual (by this series's standard) in terms of how she knows. After reading the volume again, I can only theorize that it was the wind that told her, unless she actually witnessed his transformation moments and deduced it. It gets further confusing when you notice that Kinji is just "at least I can talk to her about it" at that point, as though he doesn't try to figure out how she knows about it.

Makes me wonder as well if Kinji's family can tell her background as well.

I just wish (as my OC shows) that the author would go into detail about Ulus someday, introduce Kinji to all of Ulus (immediate hell for him), visit Reki's homeland, etc.. Of course, part of me says "No, don't let the person who gives Sun Wukong "lasereyes" a chance to ruin the mystique of Ulus as well!"
Old 2013-12-27, 02:11   Link #3426
Anicca
Lost Wanderer

Hmm. What happened to Sun Wukong? As far as I can recall, (in the summaries) she fought Kinji and Shirayuki right?
Anicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 02:17   Link #3427
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anicca View Post
Hmm. What happened to Sun Wukong? As far as I can recall, (in the summaries) she fought Kinji and Shirayuki right?
Shirayuki won against her because being a miko has demon slaying abilities and Sun Wukong who has monster/youkai blood on her would be a perfect match for her. even if she has super strength and laser eyes but miko's got techniques on how to deal with them.
Old 2013-12-27, 08:23   Link #3428
TarkTheTrinigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

I haven't even read/heard the summary on the last volume with the german nazi and based on that summary for the next volume. it looks like kinji fought tanks last volume.
Knowing how outrageous Hidan No Aria got with all the special abilities and how strong Kinji has gotten, Kinji probably defeated the tanks with pocket lint.
Old 2013-12-27, 10:20   Link #3429
TarkTheTrinigon

Almost forgot, did we learn what "The New Project in Production" is, or are the details still hidden out of sight from the 16 novel?

Looking back, it could just be some other sub-series like AA, but revolves around another character.

One about G3 would be pretty cool.
Old 2013-12-27, 21:03   Link #3430
tsunade666

No further news aside from what's been said.
Old 2013-12-28, 09:55   Link #3431
TarkTheTrinigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Entity View Post
Yeah, it is a bit unusual (by this series's standard) in terms of how she knows. After reading the volume again, I can only theorize that it was the wind that told her, unless she actually witnessed his transformation moments and deduced it. It gets further confusing when you notice that Kinji is just "at least I can talk to her about it" at that point, as though he doesn't try to figure out how she knows about it.

Makes me wonder as well if Kinji's family can tell her background as well.

I just wish (as my OC shows) that the author would go into detail about Ulus someday, introduce Kinji to all of Ulus (immediate hell for him), visit Reki's homeland, etc.. Of course, part of me says "No, don't let the person who gives Sun Wukong "lasereyes" a chance to ruin the mystique of Ulus as well!"
I just re-read volume 1 and Kinji states that he knew Reki for awhile when he was first in assault, in another volume, Kinji said something among the lines that the girls in his Butei middle school learned of his condition and abused it. The girls in this middle school could of been talking about this issue in the high school, and Reki could of heard it that way.
Old 2013-12-28, 10:39   Link #3432
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

Well, it has been established that no regular Butei High Student really knows about Kinji's HSS, just his exploits when in it (and generally this is stemming from the entrance exam). The middle school girls (except possibly Kikuyo?) simply knew how to turn him into their "savior", but not what HSS really was. Certainly Reki could have witnessed Kinji at the entrance exam, or heard about it, but she at some point (which is unclear if before the entrance exam or after) started watching him, which is why I theorized that the either the wind told her or she deduced it from her observations of her.
Old 2013-12-28, 18:00   Link #3433
TarkTheTrinigon

If they do make a second season, I assume it will end the Holmes vs Kinji fight in Vol 4 (I think)

If they don't butcher the anime any more than last season, this season could easily surpass its predecessor in sales and in overall action and story.
Old 2013-12-29, 02:45   Link #3434
tuckersister

Can someone copy the links of the posts that has the summaries of Vol 5 to the recent one. I hate to dig though every single page find them.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 05:32   Link #3435
tsunade666

Vol 5 is the battle with holmes. vol 4 is Patra and Kinji's bro.
My memory is hazy so I'm not sure on this but I think Kikuyo was an ex-butei and a classmate of Kinji from his middle school times. She also knows HSS if I remember it right though I might be wrong.
Old 2013-12-29, 23:10   Link #3436
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

I need to look over your summaries and others again (despite doing so last week if I recall), but the subject is whether girls in Kinji's butei middle school (for some strange reason I keep thinking he went to a regular school and then applied to be a butei in high school) "truly" knew what Kinji has in his genetics (HSS) or rather they knew that by arousing him, he suddenly turned into this impressive alter ego that would do anything to help a girl, typically in the form of getting revenge for them.

As said before, only elements of the main cast that attend Tokyo Butei High know about it, along with all the outside factions such as the US government, Ranban, Ulus, IU and its remnants, etc. The average Butei High School student only knows that Kinji does amazing things at certain times, not that he has a genetic condition that fulfills those actions.

EDIT: I just read the summary section on Kikuyo, and she "sensed his physique" and controlled him to do stuff. She stopped when normal Kinji helped her out though. While it is not explicit, she does not give anything to point to her knowing what HSS is exactly, just how to trigger his alter ego, before Kinji and her separated long ago until the reunion, in which case she knows now about HSS because of orders from Ranban to convince him to join their organization because of his power.

One thing that still confuses me is one of your translations Tsunade (I think), when Kinji notes Reki's slingshot as being a Russian military design. It was translated as "pachinko", which strikes me as odd.
Old 2013-12-30, 03:32   Link #3437
tsunade666

I didn't translate it because I only use machine translation and just like I said. Its more of a detailed explanation of the scene than an actual translation. so if its pachinko than a russian military design then ask the program/software though I don't. I haven't reread those stuff that i post before.
Old 2013-12-30, 09:08   Link #3438
TarkTheTrinigon

I would love to help to machine translate where we left off (I think we finished volume 12, then we stopped). I really want to know what happens in more detail so I would love to tackle machine translations.
Old 2013-12-30, 18:38   Link #3439
tuckersister

Where do I go to catch up to speed with the LNs before reading the current volume?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 21:09   Link #3440
TarkTheTrinigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Where do I go to catch up to speed with the LNs before reading the current volume?
Depends, we can't really help you unless its volume 12, we have a Huge gap of no summaries after the start of 13.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen