AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-08, 00:22   Link #381
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As a general rule, when an anime is suppose to air at midnight, it assumes each day starts when you get out of bed in the morning rather than ticking over at 12. This means you go to work/school at 4/8, then get home at night to watch anime that will still qualify as an anime that starts on 4/8, even if it airs at 1 am and technically then aired on the 9th.

I know, its confusing from a mathematical point of view. But it makes perfect sense for people who actually stay awake at night to watch anime on TV.

Since I live in Australia, it is far less jarring than if I had lived in the US. At least there is only a few hours difference for me.
Ah Japanese business culture. Gotta love it. It's 1:21 am here, but even I still know its the next day from an hour and 20 minutes ago. This has the potential to cause mass confusion in trading and business deals I would imagine.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:06   Link #382
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Oh crap. Seems I got pwned by Japanese business' schedule

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:26   Link #383
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The first broadcast will be on Chiba TV at 8 pm Sunday. It was moved up from midnight Sunday for this first episode only. This is according to both the (very badly organized) official site and Shoboi Calendar. That means it will start at 7 am New York time, in just under five hours.

Show official sites are inconsistent in how they announce the times of shows. Sometimes they will say "Sunday at 25:30" and sometimes "Sunday at 1:30". In both cases they will likely mean Monday at 01:30h.

Saturday, Hirano Aya was at the opening of the reedited movie version of Kiddy Grade (now that's an example of a company taking advantage of her popularity). Here is a photo (left) from her blog of her in the old dressing room at the movie theatre getting her hair and make-up tidied up (by Sacchan, she says). Photo taken using her cell-phone and the mirror. And another photo of her at the press conference last week (full report with pics) as part of the "Rune Angel Brigade", publicizing the Galaxy Angelune live show on May 20 -- just to provide a photo taken by a professional under staged conditions, rather than the candid self-taken cell-phone shots I tend to post.

For good measure, I just added a third pic: two publicity shots for Death Note, taken a couple of weeks ago.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-08 at 01:50.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:58   Link #384
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The first broadcast will be on Chiba TV at 8 pm Sunday. It was moved up from midnight Sunday for this first episode only. This is according to both the (very badly organized) official site and Shoboi Calendar. That means it will start at 7 am New York time, in just under five hours.

Show official sites are inconsistent in how they announce the times of shows. Sometimes they will say "Sunday at 25:30" and sometimes "Sunday at 1:30". In both cases they will likely mean Monday at 01:30h.

Saturday, Hirano Aya was at the opening of the reedited movie version of Kiddy Grade (now that's an example of a company taking advantage of her popularity). Here is a photo from her blog of her in the old dressing room at the movie theatre getting her hair and make-up tidied up (by Sacchan, she says). Photo taken using her cell-phone and the mirror. And another photo of her at the press conference last week (full report with pics) as part of the "Rune Angel Brigade", publicizing the Galaxy Angelune live show on May 20 -- just to provide a photo taken by a professional under staged conditions, rather than the candid self-taken cell-phone shots I tend to post.

For good measure, I just added a third pic: two publicity shots for Death Note, taken a couple of weeks ago.
In the full report thing the last set of pics sure makes it seem like all of them are really ecstatic to be there. "Here we are again.... man I don't even know these people....ooh time to smile for the camera. Darn I hope I got rid of that grimace in time for the flash. Oh Shoot I hope they cut that from the slideshow!" Sarcasm aside, the lifestyle seems like far more work than I would think japanese society should demand of its idols. I think even North America allows more privacy and personal time for its A-List movie stars.

Does anyone else notice that Aya Hirano kind of has man-hands too, or at least her arms kind of look like man arms. Whoa is that the Ideon just chilling with all the girly stuff to the left of that page... it is, hold on a sec. Holy crap that's expensive, it's even more expensive than that LE Haruhi Bunny kit. That is so cool it comes with a Light Up Ideon Gun and Ideon Sword and Buff Clan units.

Ahem sorry, my inner child was acting up again, okay, anyway when exactly is 25:30, is that like metric time, or sub-space time, perhaps even borrowed or missing time as a result of the universe expanding faster and faster or some sort of conspiracy theory? You know what, don't answer that actually, I don't think I want to know what's going on really.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 05:39   Link #385
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Lucky Star should start by now. Past noon in europe, past 8PM in Japan.
Old 2007-04-08, 05:54   Link #386
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Lucky Star should start by now. Past noon in europe, past 8PM in Japan.
According to 2chan, still ten minutes to go or abouts.
EDIT: the show before it just finished.

EDIT2: There is dancing!!! Okay, I need confirmation since I only have a few screenshots, but I think KyoAni might have began parodying itself...
Quote:
Can you link me to the 2ch thread please?
check your pm.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-04-08 at 06:16.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 06:15   Link #387
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
According to 2chan, still ten minutes to go or abouts.
EDIT: the show before it just finished.

EDIT2: There is dancing!!! Okay, I need confirmation since I only have a few screenshots, but I think KyoAni might have began parodying itself...
Can you link me to the 2ch thread please?

EDIT:

Thank you.

EDIT 2:

From the screencaps that were posted, it does have the Azumanga Daioh flavor. Now we gotta see it in motion to confirm it.

Just when I was missing that kind of slice of life/comedy highschool anime.

Edit 3: Holy shit! Guile! Maybe in a still frame but it is Guile!!!

Last edited by Sheba; 2007-04-08 at 06:27.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 07:33   Link #388
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Some screencaps from 2chan:
Spoiler:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 07:45   Link #389
Woland
Latin Rascal

?_?

Those are real (seems so...)? It's not midnight yet in Japan...
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 07:48   Link #390
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
?_?

Those are real (seems so...)? It's not midnight yet in Japan...
GMT+1 (your timezone I guess) +8 hours.

It's supposed to air at 8:30PM, last time I checked the airing schedule.
Old 2007-04-08, 07:50   Link #391
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Moetron has the OP uploaded...and ED soon.

Well, the OP animation is vibrant (( didn't like the CG poms though, looked too much like those decoration reflective colour papers )) and while I didn't like the overly catchy song, the timing of it was good as well, but the entire OP reeks heavily of Haruhi's ED. Gee? I wonder why? :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:04   Link #392
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
...but the entire OP reeks heavily of Haruhi's ED. Gee? I wonder why? :P
If it works once, it'll work again
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:08   Link #393
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Moetron has the OP uploaded...and ED soon.

Well, the OP animation is vibrant (( didn't like the CG poms though, looked too much like those decoration reflective colour papers )) and while I didn't like the overly catchy song, the timing of it was good as well, but the entire OP reeks heavily of Haruhi's ED. Gee? I wonder why? :P

Weeeeeell......that was certainly interesting.

Although I have to admit, KyoAni really did surprise me again. As I expected, the character designs aren't going to be record-breakers in any sense of the word......but was that the KyoAni-trademark hyper-sakuga animation quality we're seeing in the backgrounds of the OP? If this is their idea of taking a 'break'.......

And the dance....*shivers*
What was the name of the OP song? Because I have a very bad feeling that soon, there will be another group of Rakisuta cos-dancers competing with the HHY cos-dancers......

Anyway, KyoAni's managed to make me change my mind this time. Instead of waiting for the positive blurbs, I think I'll start following this one as well. But of course, I will not be hanging onto this the way I hung onto Kanon; that's going to have to wait until the season for CLANNAD rolls around.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:09   Link #394
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Heh, I liiiiiiike this OP.
Old 2007-04-08, 08:11   Link #395
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
just to make things clear. does the series air exactly at midnight? then there are still 2 hours to go. it is around 10 pm right now in Japan.
Also Japan doesnt observe daylight saving time. if your not in asia that should be taken into account when calculating the time difference.
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:17   Link #396
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
just to make things clear. does the series air exactly at midnight? then there are still 2 hours to go. it is around 10 pm right now in Japan.
Also Japan doesnt observe daylight saving time. if your not in asia that should be taken into account when calculating the time difference.
It already aired.

Quote:

チバテレビ 放送開始予定
4月8日(日) 深夜0:00~0:30
放送日時変更
第1回4月8日(日)20:00~20:30
 ※4時間繰り上げ放送になります
第3回4月22日(日)20:00~20:30
 ※4時間繰り上げ放送になります
Apparently, it was first scheduled for midnight, then it moved to another timeslot.
Old 2007-04-08, 08:18   Link #397
7Th
Mixtape

Just posting because I despise KyoAni being called sakuga. C'mon, nothing about that opening was really worthy of that title, uninspired camera management, boring well-produced but artistically average animation with a motion management made of a good number of inbetweeners with no key-sakkan behind them... I guess I just really dislike this production style and greatly prefer the freedom gave by most other studios in the visuals to each individual as I feel there's just no sense of anything here. The song seals the deal of me liking the opening, manufactured "catchy" J-Pop isn't what I enjoy.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:19   Link #398
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Ep 1 is aired earlier as a special event. The airing would be later at night from next week onwards.
Old 2007-04-08, 08:25   Link #399
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Just posting because I despise KyoAni being called sakuga. C'mon, nothing about that opening was really worthy of that title, uninspired camera management, boring well-produced but artistically average animation with a motion management made of a good number of inbetweeners with no key-sakkan behind them... I guess I just really dislike this production style and greatly prefer the freedom gave by most other studios in the visuals to each individual as I feel there's just no sense of anything here. The song seals the deal of me liking the opening, manufactured "catchy" J-Pop isn't what I enjoy.
In other words, you're just posting here to troll. In that case, I have only two words for you: Go away.

And I'm not saying everything about that OP was sakuga; but the shots of the night sky definitely was. At least, it looks that way to me from the Youtube video, although I can't really say that it'll look just as I expected if I were actually seeing it in its best quality.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:29   Link #400
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I liked the OP too.

Quote:
Well here is the copy and paste of the showtimes from Moon Phase for 4/8.

チバテレビ : 04/08と04/22は20:00~
テレ玉 : 04/08 25:30~
RKK熊本放送 : 04/08 26:20~(04/08 : 26:45~ / 04/14 : 26:40~)

I'm a little late again. Sloooooow typing skills.

Also, here's a link to Japan's current time.

Last edited by orion; 2007-04-08 at 08:42.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen