AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-23, 12:43   Link #14121
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Yes, Captain Justy Ueki Tylor, the one man with so much dumb luck, many would mistake him as a genius.
Old 2010-05-23, 23:39   Link #14122
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
and Tsukune... well, he just has too much luck for my liking, especially with his women

... although I suppose I don't envy him. One woman (a redhead at that) is the most I can handle...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 15:40   Link #14123
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well, with over 14,000 posts at 20 per page, it's not too surprising it would garner that many hits, and probably about 5% of those are search engine hits to update their content databases.
I wonder how much of that is on topic discussion and how much of it is repeated discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
and Tsukune... well, he just has too much luck for my liking, especially with his women

... although I suppose I don't envy him. One woman (a redhead at that) is the most I can handle...
I wouldn't mind more than one. It is every man's dream after all. Realistically speaking though, a brunette would be fine by me.
Old 2010-05-24, 16:00   Link #14124
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I wouldn't mind more than one. It is every man's dream after all. Realistically speaking though, a brunette would be fine by me.
Brunettes are the best, by far.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 00:12   Link #14125
Chris38

Going back to the discussion of Tsukune's growth I think that we won't see some developments on Tsukune's opinion about himself - I mean Tsukune still considers himself a human and doesn't realize how strong he has become (Rosario + Vampire Season II, Chapter 28, page 32)

Of course we still don't know what exactly goes in Tsukune's head, but I doubt Tsukune will get stronger if he doesn't realize his own capabilities.

So I think that before Tsukune starts getting stronger he has to realize that he isn't ... simply speaking a "normal" human anymore. Having said that I think that Tsukune might start realizing that he isn't "fully" human after his family learns about Tsukune's ayashi power's. I mean, while I'm sure they will accept Tsukune after some time, but still Tsukune revealing his vampire abilities to his family is definitely going to put some distance between them ... which might lead to Tsukune realizing that he is a little different compared to a normal human.

Of course ... I'm aware that Tsukune might have realized already that he is a little different compared to a normal human but, since no one has told him what changes have been made inside his body ... I don't think that Tsukune is aware of the full extent of his body's transformation, which naturally means that he probably isn't fully aware what are the implications of him having vampire blood in his veins.

Anyway whatever it is ... I think that Tsukune's family becoming aware of the existence of his vampire abilities is probably going to be necessary push for Tsukune to finally comprehend the implications of him having vampire abilities . Furthermore I think that Tsukune's family becoming aware of his secret's is going to be something that's going to lead Tsukune foreword searching for the answer to the very old question coming from the reader's and that question is - "What actually Tsukune has became, after the vampire blood has been sealed inside his body ?" Obviously it hasn't been answered in the manga yet ... and I think we should finally be given some hint's that could lead us to becoming more aware of what actually Tsukune has become ...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 00:53   Link #14126
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

I think he is at least slightly aware that he is changing, especially after his thirst for Moka's blood and his subsequent encounter with that centiped. Behavior patterns like those are really hard to miss, especially for him. I believe Tsukune's realized he's no longer a normal human after that happened, and that he's been training with Moka all this time exactly because he knows he's changing and he needs to bring his powers under control. If he wasn't aware there was a change in him, he wouldn't be much different from a ghoul, oblivious to what's going on around him and to himself, physically and mentally.
Old 2010-05-25, 01:20   Link #14127
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I think he is at least slightly aware that he is changing, especially after his thirst for Moka's blood and his subsequent encounter with that centiped. Behavior patterns like those are really hard to miss, especially for him. I believe Tsukune's realized he's no longer a normal human after that happened, and that he's been training with Moka all this time exactly because he knows he's changing and he needs to bring his powers under control. If he wasn't aware there was a change in him, he wouldn't be much different from a ghoul, oblivious to what's going on around him and to himself, physically and mentally.
Well that's true ... but I don't think that Tsukune has fully comprehended the consequences and extent of his transformation. I mean Tsukune would be at least more aware of his own strength, and wouldn't consider himself weak - I mean that he would be aware that his own strength already exceeds the capabilities of common youkai that are out there ... and it would build his confidence in himself a little ... helping Tsukune in reaching the full potential of his vampire abilities.

Though Tsukune still considering himself as a human, might be just his attempt to cling onto the remnants of his humanity ... since we don't know what is really going on his head lately and it might be possible that Tsukune is already aware that he isn't a human anymore.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-05-25 at 01:36.
Old 2010-05-25, 01:43   Link #14128
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

The reason Tsukune probably continues to consider himself human is that he's just a humble guy. He probably also wants to have as normal a high school life as he can at Youkai Gakuen. I think the fact that he still says that he's human wouldn't have any impact on his development strength wise.

You can think of it like this: a black belt in karate wouldn't have to acknowledge that he's a black belt to be able mop the floor with you. He'll just lay you out or try his best to beat you without worrying about whether if he's a black belt or not. Nor would he have to acknowledge that he's a first dan (degree) black belt in order for him to advance to a 5th dan or higher. He just has to keep up with his training and he'll get there eventually.

Will admitting that he's no longer human help Tsukune develop his strength further? Probably not, but it will go along with character/personality development.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2010-05-25 at 02:19.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 03:17   Link #14129
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Image time

Spoiler for the loli:
Old 2010-05-25, 08:37   Link #14130
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well that's true ... but I don't think that Tsukune has fully comprehended the consequences and extent of his transformation. I mean Tsukune would be at least more aware of his own strength, and wouldn't consider himself weak - I mean that he would be aware that his own strength already exceeds the capabilities of common youkai that are out there ... and it would build his confidence in himself a little ... helping Tsukune in reaching the full potential of his vampire abilities.

Though Tsukune still considering himself as a human, might be just his attempt to cling onto the remnants of his humanity ... since we don't know what is really going on his head lately and it might be possible that Tsukune is already aware that he isn't a human anymore.
Note that I said he knows he's not a normal human anymore, I didn't say he doesn't consider himself a human at all now By all accounts, he is still predominantly human, because the fact that he has Vampire Blood, blood that is giving him powers, puts him a step beyond ordinary humans. He's essentially a human with Vampire powers, albeit they come with a certain price (thirst for blood, slight change in appearance, fast restorative capacity, higher pain threshold, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
The reason Tsukune probably continues to consider himself human is that he's just a humble guy. He probably also wants to have as normal a high school life as he can at Youkai Gakuen. I think the fact that he still says that he's human wouldn't have any impact on his development strength wise.

You can think of it like this: a black belt in karate wouldn't have to acknowledge that he's a black belt to be able mop the floor with you. He'll just lay you out or try his best to beat you without worrying about whether if he's a black belt or not. Nor would he have to acknowledge that he's a first dan (degree) black belt in order for him to advance to a 5th dan or higher. He just has to keep up with his training and he'll get there eventually.

Will admitting that he's no longer human help Tsukune develop his strength further? Probably not, but it will go along with character/personality development.
On the contrary, I think it would make all the difference. It hasn't come to that point yet imo, but when it does, and Tsukune acknowledges that he's completely changed into a Vampire, he is acknowledging the fact that he has the full powers of a Vampire and that it is his power. That kind of mindset will enable him to make full use of it, and the fact that he consciously acknowledges that means he also has control of those powers. That would make him much more powerful than he already is. It's not really a matter of being like a blackbelt in Karate. Those are just labels. Tsukune's powers are a part of his physical being on the other hand.
Old 2010-05-25, 14:09   Link #14131
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Right now, it's only natural that Tsukune refers to himself as "human" as he's not even sure what he is now... but he is aware that he's no longer a normal human.

Edit: On the sales side, the first volume R+VII was #1 best selling manga in the U.S. upon release, last week it was #6.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 23:56   Link #14132
Chris38

Quote:
Note that I said he knows he's not a normal human anymore, I didn't say he doesn't consider himself a human at all now By all accounts, he is still predominantly human, because the fact that he has Vampire Blood, blood that is giving him powers, puts him a step beyond ordinary humans. He's essentially a human with Vampire powers, albeit they come with a certain price (thirst for blood, slight change in appearance, fast restorative capacity, higher pain threshold, etc).
Well, I agree with you Yoko Takeo ... I mean it's certainly true that Tsukune is mostly human with vampire abilities, which make him a step above all of the ordinary humans. While I agree that for this power Tsukune had to pay some heavy price ... I mean he almost died - and if Moka didn't give him vampire blood he certainly would be sleeping with the fishes at this point. So even if Tsukune's transformation has some bad points, it's not all that bad, since having vampire blood in you're veins has it's merits too. Furthermore I think that Tsukune's vampire transformation helped him grow up a bit and made him a better person then before.

What I had actually meant to say in my post ... is that if Tsukune has become aware of the full extent of the changes that Moka's vampire blood has made inside his body ... he would be more aware of the limits of his capabilities, which would help him get stronger and reach his full potential.

Now I think that Tsukune's family becoming aware of Tsukune's secrets might be the reason for Tsukune to start searching for something that would explain, what exactly happened inside Tsukune's body, since the time Moka's vampire blood became dormant inside his body, as well as what actually Tsukune has became after his transformation ended.

Quote:
On the contrary, I think it would make all the difference. It hasn't come to that point yet imo, but when it does, and Tsukune acknowledges that he's completely changed into a Vampire, he is acknowledging the fact that he has the full powers of a Vampire and that it is his power. That kind of mindset will enable him to make full use of it, and the fact that he consciously acknowledges that means he also has control of those powers. That would make him much more powerful than he already is. It's not really a matter of being like a blackbelt in Karate. Those are just labels. Tsukune's powers are a part of his physical being on the other hand.
Well I definitely with you there Yoko Takeo, as I said before, this is actually what I had meant in my previous post ... so sorry if I had mislead you in some why.

I agree as well that Tsukune's power's are a part of what Tsukune has become, though I would like the author to start giving us some more concrete hints as to what actually Tsukune is at the moment, since while I'm sure that all of our speculations on this topic have some validity in the manga ... I don't think there has been anything given about what actually Tsukune is. I mean ..., Tsukune is still considered a human in the manga and that's something that I have to partially agree with, but so far no more details on this subject where given and it interests me what is the mangaka's take on this, since it could be a hint that could tell us how the author plans to develop Tsukune's abilities.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-05-26 at 00:10.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:14   Link #14133
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well, I agree with you Yoko Takeo ... I mean it's certainly true that Tsukune is mostly human with vampire abilities, which make him a step above all of the ordinary humans. While I agree that for this power Tsukune had to pay some heavy price ... I mean he almost died - and if Moka didn't give him vampire blood he certainly would be sleeping with the fishes at this point. So even if Tsukune's transformation has some bad points, it's not all that bad, since having vampire blood in you're veins has it's merits too. Furthermore I think that Tsukune's vampire transformation helped him grow up a bit and made him a better person then before.
It most certainly made him a better person. Even his cousin noticed that he was more like a man now compared to the boy who was just one step away from running away from it all. Gaining vampire abilities is only part of it though. Most of it has to do with the fact that he wants to be close to Moka. That was his first reason for staying. Later, he even admitted he was willing to turn into a Vampire just to be with her. His love for her is the main reason he became a better person.

His Vampire powers are a bonus to that, and his powers have enabled him to protect Moka and the others to a much greater extent compared to when he was completely human. This made him braver, in a sense, compared to when he first arrived at the Youkai academy. Don't get me wrong, he was always willing to protect his friends, but where he was reliant on Moka and taking off her seal at first, he's now more willing to step into the fight with his own strength, and that's also what made him a better person.

Quote:
What I had actually meant to say in my post ... is that if Tsukune has become aware of the full extent of the changes that Moka's vampire blood has made inside his body ... he would be more aware of the limits of his capabilities, which would help him get stronger and reach his full potential.
Definitely. What I said in my last post was something to that extent.

Quote:
Now I think that Tsukune's family becoming aware of Tsukune's secrets might be the reason for Tsukune to start searching for something that would explain, what exactly happened inside Tsukune's body, since the time Moka's vampire blood became dormant inside his body, as well as what actually Tsukune has became after his transformation ended.
I wouldn't be too worried about that tbh. I mean, I see Tsukune's family as the type that would accept him no matter what he is. If not, they would have no one but themselves to blame for having sent him to the Youkai Academy without letting him question their decision But I doubt that would happen.

Quote:
Well I definitely with you there Yoko Takeo, as I said before, this is actually what I had meant in my previous post ... so sorry if I had mislead you in some why.
This was my response to FriedRice84, so don't worry ^^

Quote:
I agree as well that Tsukune's power's are a part of what Tsukune has become, though I would like the author to start giving us some more concrete hints as to what actually Tsukune is at the moment, since while I'm sure that all of our speculations on this topic have some validity in the manga ... I don't think there has been anything given about what actually Tsukune is. I mean ..., Tsukune is still considered a human in the manga and that's something that I have to partially agree with, but so far no more details on this subject where given and it interests me what is the mangaka's take on this, since it could be a hint that could tell us how the author plans to develop Tsukune's abilities.
The truth will most likely be revealed the moment Tsukune will be able to use all the Vampire powers he's been given by Moka. I think the headmaster already knows, but hasn't said anything because it might discourage Tsukune, or whichever other reason he has.
Old 2010-05-26, 05:28   Link #14134
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Right now, it's only natural that Tsukune refers to himself as "human" as he's not even sure what he is now... but he is aware that he's no longer a normal human.

Edit: On the sales side, the first volume R+VII was #1 best selling manga in the U.S. upon release, last week it was #6.
Tsukune only looks human, but obvious he's turning vamp.

Also that is great to hear! Best selling manga. Hah! That should shut the reviews of some people in a "certain" place we know.
Old 2010-05-26, 11:30   Link #14135
Chris38

Quote:
It most certainly made him a better person. Even his cousin noticed that he was more like a man now compared to the boy who was just one step away from running away from it all. Gaining vampire abilities is only part of it though. Most of it has to do with the fact that he wants to be close to Moka. That was his first reason for staying. Later, he even admitted he was willing to turn into a Vampire just to be with her. His love for her is the main reason he became a better person.

His Vampire powers are a bonus to that, and his powers have enabled him to protect Moka and the others to a much greater extent compared to when he was completely human. This made him braver, in a sense, compared to when he first arrived at the Youkai academy. Don't get me wrong, he was always willing to protect his friends, but where he was reliant on Moka and taking off her seal at first, he's now more willing to step into the fight with his own strength, and that's also what made him a better person.
Well, you're statements here Yoko Takeo, made me think that maybe Moka ... or rather Inner Moka is slowly raising Tsukune into a man, that her vampire pride will allow to be with ... it's probably something that was mentioned many times before, but I wouldn't say that Inner Moka is unable to pull something like that off. Furthermore she has probably already marked Tsukune as something that "belongs" to her ... by injecting her blood into Tsukune along with taking his blood as well, which would explain her possessive tendencies foreword Tsukune that Moka displays sometimes (Rosario +Vampire Season II, chapter 23,page 38), and while, I doubt the rest of the girls in Tsukune's harem, would take any notice of that ... I think that vampires take something like, what Moka did to Tsukune as something serious and won't bite a person who has been "marked" like that.

To me it could be the explanation why Kokoa only takes Tsukune's blood from some wound that he has acquired and doesn't bite him to suck his blood. (Rosario vampire Season II, chapter 3,page 7)

Quote:
The truth will most likely be revealed the moment Tsukune will be able to use all the Vampire powers he's been given by Moka. I think the headmaster already knows, but hasn't said anything because it might discourage Tsukune, or whichever other reason he has.
Well, I wouldn't put it past that sort of man to posses information like that and hadn't told anything about it to Tsukune, because he would probably overacted if he learned something and that could impact his training ... so I definitely agree with what you said here.
Old 2010-05-26, 12:22   Link #14136
RexDraco
Dragon King

Location: Internet writing fanfictions, novels, and doing art
Send a message via AIM to RexDraco
Quote:
Well, you're statements here Yoko Takeo, made me think that maybe Moka ... or rather Inner Moka is slowly raising Tsukune into a man, that her vampire pride will allow to be with ... it's probably something that was mentioned many times before, but I wouldn't say that Inner Moka is unable to pull something like that off. Furthermore she has probably already marked Tsukune as something that "belongs" to her ... by injecting her blood into Tsukune along with taking his blood as well, which would explain her possessive tendencies foreword Tsukune that Moka displays sometimes (Rosario +Vampire Season II, chapter 23,page 38), and while, I doubt the rest of the girls in Tsukune's harem, would take any notice of that ... I think that vampires take something like, what Moka did to Tsukune as something serious and won't bite a person who has been "marked" like that.

To me it could be the explanation why Kokoa only takes Tsukune's blood from some wound that he has acquired and doesn't bite him to suck his blood. (Rosario vampire Season II, chapter 3,page 7)

Well, I wouldn't put it past that sort of man to posses information like that and hadn't told anything about it to Tsukune, because he would probably overacted if he learned something and that could impact his training ... so I definitely agree with what you said here.

I mostly agree with that, mark thing and training Tsukune. Alot of the youkai hold true to their mythos in R+V and even though Moka can be proud and haughty both she and her outerself seem to have a better reign on things when it comes to acting sociably.

While Kokoa will act underhanded, sneaky and often just attack someone else just because "they're not worthy" or her or her sister's attention, Moka I have seen does the very opposite where she is never the first to attack and though she seems condescending her points of victory are always valid (but she is still haughty and gets a big head when she wins).

She has never denied liking Tsukune, but has openly said one chapter that he could not be with her as he was, and even urged him to make a choice )(never saying to choose the other girls but to choose) when they were in the human world for the first time.

Every time you review a fanfiction, a chapter gets complete.
RexDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 12:39   Link #14137
yongshun

Quote:

To me it could be the explanation why Kokoa only takes Tsukune's blood from some wound that he has acquired and doesn't bite him to suck his blood. (Rosario vampire Season II, chapter 3,page 7).
So Moka is Genji and Tsukane is Murasaki.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:05   Link #14138
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Glad to see you here OuRex! Welcome and have fun here on this crazy little thread!

PS: Sorry I haven't been reviewing your fics recently. I've been insanely busy
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:17   Link #14139
RexDraco
Dragon King

Location: Internet writing fanfictions, novels, and doing art
Send a message via AIM to RexDraco
(lol shhh s'okay Im lurking here while writing anyway see if I cant haha gossip/discuss while I scribble away)

Every time you review a fanfiction, a chapter gets complete.
RexDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 15:07   Link #14140
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Heh heh, well just another to add to the fun and semi-orderly chaos of people we have here. By the way, FriedRice, where is your ava from? Looks sufficiently ecchi enough, I think I might like to watch it sometime.

But yes, so many tangled threads of plots that weave in with just Tsukune alone, and now that Moka's threads are being revealed I think that one of Rexy's fics concerning dear ol' Issa "Daddy Starbucks" Shuzen might be accurate on why Moka is being so possessive of Tsukune versus the other girls. She might not like polygamy because that would be precisely what her father was doing, and she might be afraid that Tsukune would fall into a similar pattern and not wholly care for each of them like he does now, so she want to encourage Tsukune to be more focused in love as well as battle.

We may yet see Tsukune pull out a few tricks with his development in fighting yet, but..... those could end up being done on accident, and he'd probably go "I didn't know I could do that," and find that it would help him greatly to exploit it to win a difficult battle, though I don't think this potential confrontation with the group and Akua will result in such a fight, but hopefully they'll separate this time with Akua stating something similar to old Dr. Claw when a plan fails.

Right now there are at least 3 things going on, and possibly more, with whats happening in Moka's head with Tsukune and them, the appearance of Akua on their doorstep, and with the egg thing in the Yuki Onna village, and possibly others. the group is gonna have one heck of a time trying to keep up with all of them.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire