AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-10, 18:59   Link #201
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Spoiler:

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2008-01-10 at 19:29.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 19:24   Link #202
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-10, 21:00   Link #203
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

all i have to say is...."WTF" to the intro

Spoiler for ??:

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-10 at 21:10.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 21:14   Link #204
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 12:10   Link #205
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

re: ep. 2, pretty much all the comments on Nico Nico can be distilled to either 1) complaints about the sakuga, or 2) Higurashi jokes. Which is pretty much how I felt... I hope the sakuga at least go back to the level of episode 1 instead of crumbling further.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 18:29   Link #206
masama
use the fōrks ~

got extremely bored half way through ep2 before I switched it off. not that it's a bad just not my cup of tea.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 18:49   Link #207
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
re: ep. 2, pretty much all the comments on Nico Nico can be distilled to either 1) complaints about the sakuga, or 2) Higurashi jokes. Which is pretty much how I felt... I hope the sakuga at least go back to the level of episode 1 instead of crumbling further.
While I suppose some complaints about the art/animation consistency are warranted (though, really, I can't say it was all that bad... I mean, what are you comparing it to?), my personal opinion is that Nico Nico comments should always be taken with a massive mound of salt. Sometimes it's like "mob mentality", or something...

Spoiler for Episode 2:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 19:58   Link #208
Kefit

The drop in art quality is annoying, but I don't really mind since it is still quite watchable and the music and directing are still good. Still, I do hope the dip in quality is temporary.

At this point I am guessing that Hayami is some sort of social/religious pariah. Nothing else can explain why an entire community of what otherwise seem like decently nice people would be so cruel to her. She's not bullied because she is unpopular, or because she or her family were responsible for something unfortunate in the past. She is bullied because she is to be bullied. It is simply her role in life. And given the flashbacks we saw in this episode, perhaps she is a pariah because she brings misfortune towards those that get close to her. Hinata tried to get close to her as a child, and as a result something terrible happened - and she doesn't want a similar fate to befall Takuma.

I'm loving this show so far, and can't wait for more. I could stand for a bit more Otoha though.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 20:40   Link #209
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I didn't notice any real drops in quality, but then again maybe I was enjoying just watching the show too much to really pay much mind to such things.

Either way im liking how fast the show is moving. So far they've done a good job of getting me hooked and wanting to know just what the heck one little girl could possibly do to deserve such hate. Really couldn't believe the teacher just sat there and shrugged...Would of chucked a book at her as I ran out if I was Takuma.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 22:27   Link #210
tbl
Affably Evil

Spoiler for theory:
Hinata was quite annoying in that episode IMO. She was all like "don't cross the bridge and stay away from Hayami, but I'm not going to tell you why, so just do it, kthnx."

This show is surprisingly interesting. Can't wait for the next episode.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 22:39   Link #211
Eviltape

Why oh why does Zexcs tease us so, cliffhanging every episode and inserting no calming filler whatsoever? This would make for a good marathon series suggestion since I see nothing but juicy plot and char. development. But dang, that sorta took long for Hayami to crack a smile, but at the same time it was in truth only the first 2 episodes of a series in which the main character cracks the antisocial harem candidate's shell! This series is moving along quickly.

Those comedy segments remind me of Kiminozo's little things. I'm thinking a homage or at least a headnod towards it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Really couldn't believe the teacher just sat there and shrugged...Would of chucked a book at her as I ran out if I was Takuma.
Think of it this way, now that he can see he can aim at things now!
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 23:46   Link #212
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Spoiler for theory:
Hinata was quite annoying in that episode IMO. She was all like "don't cross the bridge and stay away from Hayami, but I'm not going to tell you why, so just do it, kthnx."

This show is surprisingly interesting. Can't wait for the next episode.
Yes Hinata has been getting on my nerves since episode 1, how she tries to lure him away from kohinata....
Hopefully next epsiode can redeem her somewhat...
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 23:48   Link #213
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

First impressions from first episode, i didn't think i could hate characters as much as i hated Shuu's father, but the guys are just disgusting. There is not good excuse to beat up on a woman.

So far, concept is interesting, and I'm gonna give it a few more episodes to wow me. The enormous amount of fan service in this show might be what drives me off, because it just seems unneeded and doesn't fit this type of show.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 00:00   Link #214
Jerseykid

Err why did the characters have absolutely zero response to Hirose now being able to see? It's like we skipped an episode.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 00:13   Link #215
Willcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Err why did the characters have absolutely zero response to Hirose now being able to see? It's like we skipped an episode.
That's what I thought too. There should have been some "explanation" of sorts but I kind of doubt "Hey everyone! This spirit named Otoha that only I can see restored my eyesight for who knows how long!!" would work.

However, I guess if they did some sort of explanation, it would kill the flow/suspense of the series. But at the same time, not giving at explanation to everyone around Takama kind of IMO makes episode 1 semi-pointless, as one of the main reasons H2O sparked interest is that the main character is blind.

But then again, the length IS only 13 episodes. Can't do much explaining or else they'll be forced to go like 24 episodes instead.
Willcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 00:30   Link #216
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Do you remember the villagers and Hinata called Takuma "Takuma's-last-name-sama"? I think it's because of that. Maybe Takuma's a God and he doesn't know but the villagers do and so they do not comment a thing about that.
Old 2008-01-12, 00:40   Link #217
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Hinata was my favorite character from episode 1, but due to her actions in episode 2, she has earned herself a cozy seat next to Yui and her chimps. She is incredibly controlling but gives no reasons or explanation for her actions. I don't know who she thinks she is. "Hirose-sama is not a cockroach! I will save him from Konihata!" Maybe he wants to be a cockroach?? Why don't you let the boy make his own decisions? I love how she treats him like he belongs to her. Classic.

Anyways, enough of that. The waterfall scene was greatness . The "cockroach" scene was awesome. The way Takuma hugged Hayami was golden. The aforementioned scene could have only been enhanced if he proceeded to beat down those thugs and then pimpslapped Yui.

And in related news, the teacher is a stupid b***h! Seriously, I don't know what kind of backwards town this is, but that is never ok.
Spoiler for The teacher's thoughts:

Well, sorry if my rant sounded pretty negative . That just means I find this show interesting.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 00:54   Link #218
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Hinata was my favorite character from episode 1, but due to her actions in episode 2, she has earned herself a cozy seat next to Yui and her chimps. She is incredibly controlling but gives no reasons or explanation for her actions. I don't know who she thinks she is. "Hirose-sama is not a cockroach! I will save him from Konihata!" Maybe he wants to be a cockroach?? Why don't you let the boy make his own decisions? I love how she treats him like he belongs to her. Classic.
I don't think that's the problem, Hinata genuinely believes that she is protecting Takuma IMO. The problem isa lack of communication. Explain why he should stay away from Hayami, rather than saying some unexplained cryptic things about a bridge, a monster and cockroaches as well "subtly" trying to get Takuma away from Hayami by asking if he can be her partner for making the pin wheel.

As for the teacher (and of course, that term is used in the loosest way possible), I would say the entire town is like that, not just the teacher which explains (not justifies mind you) her inaction and indifference.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 02:39   Link #219
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

so...hum H2O..what to say . It's been a long time since i watched a show that filled me with deep deep anger. Seeing all the people from the village getting on Hayami like that just piss me off . I was hoping Takuma would start being dude A and B , but then Bi- erm Hinata arrived , grrrr >_>
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 02:48   Link #220
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

I didn't mind any of that. That was actually rather interesting.

The hook is obvious: finding out just exactly why everyone hates Hayami will almost certainly be what keeps my eyes glued to the screen until that question is answered. The characters, particularly the side characters, are a bit archetypal, but I think they're more there to support the plot than come into their own in any way. I really like Takuma, though. Here's someone I thought was going to be the standard, throwaway, spineless male lead, but he's actually turning out to be a strong and resolute character.

Good stuff. Not the best thing this season, but thankfully it's doing more than enough so far to separate itself from the standard throwaway visual novel conversion.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs