AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2007-12-02, 10:12   Link #6961
blueststar
Die Treppe

Send a message via Yahoo to blueststar
Funny how you pointed out so many possibly-unanswered-forever anime plot holes in one or two posts.

Quote:
Good aim?
Lawl I love this answer.

Quote:
Wtf cookies?... Is this picnic or what....
Rozen Maiden has its own way to slip in its humor-mood ruiner

Honestly, I laughed out hard when Bara "reminded" Shinku and Hina that "how dare you ignore me while watching Sou die!!! I'm still here ya know!!!!".

Quote:
If Shinku had won would Rozen have intervened and restored the others?
No, he'll come running and hug Shinku and scream: "Oh yeaaah babe I KNEW you would win!!!! Now Alice, come to papa!!!!!!!!"

(No way, there's still Kira!)

Hopefully S3 can fix all these plot holes though.
blueststar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 01:50   Link #6962
Ziv

I can't believe it, but I only just now made the connection of Shinku's twintails and her tsundereness. I guess it must be the bonnet.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 03:02   Link #6963
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Just got back from marathoning Rozen Maiden 1-01 to 2-12, and from what I've seen, it's really good. Not Fate/Stay Night or Kanon good, but good. The sad part is that it's unfinished, has been for two years now, and, due to certain implications, may not ever be resolved. Already, thoughts were in my head about how a third season would play out, most of the plot involving Suiseiseki, the reason I got into this series in the first place. However, after watching the whole series analytically, I've had to adjust it a bit, due to Rozen entrusting Shinku to find another way to become Alice as well as figure out how to return Souseiseki and Hinaichigo to normal. The problem with the third season is that it is greatly needed for the good of this series, but with the manga also in a halt, there isn't a sense of direction. If we're not careful, this could turn into a Konjiki no Gash Bell problem.

So far, here's how I've hoped the next season could play out.

Rozen Maiden: Liebchen

Setting: Three months after the Barasuishou melee.

Episode 1: Review
Souseiseki's soul comes for a visit to Jun's house but nobody notices. Souseiseki provides a short summary of the events of the first season and Traumend. Save five minutes for her twin sister to break the contract between her and Jun only because Jun asks Shinku to go out with him.

Episode 2: Kirakishou
Jun, now successfully a third year in high school, has matured greatly from his hikkimori days, and has been able to handle the outside world. It's the night before the supposed date between Jun and Shinku, and the seventh doll, Kirakishou, makes her appearance known in the N-field as the true seventh doll, with a man (Laplace?) as her medium. It is a scaled battle that eventually ends in a draw due to Shinku's unwillingness to fight.

Episode 3: Evening
After school, Jun picks up Shinku and goes on their "date", leaving Suiseiseki and Kanaria behind. With odd stops (Shinku calls the shots), the two have a little fun on their own, but they also talk about the seventh doll, what it means for the Alice Game, and what Rozen meant about having other ways to become Alice. Meanwhile, an hour after both of them left, a mysterious doll collector (no, not Mitsu), rings the doorbell to the Sakurada residence.

Episode 4: Midori & Episode 5: Sisterly Bonds
Shinku's last stop is the hospital. Apparently, she wants to talk to Suigintou, as well as meet her medium (Remember she figured out why Suigintou sided with Bara). Though Suigintou pretty much still hates Shinku, it's an awkward bonding ending up with Suigintou promising Shinku to save her as the last Rosa Mystica to take. Meanwhile, that mysterious doll collector that arrives at the Sakurada residence - Midori Watanabe, revealed to be a classmate of Jun's. She's taken quite an interest in Souseiseki, or what's left of her, and is willing to take her home with her by paying any sum of money. Suiseiseki (who is supposed to act lifeless in this situation) intervenes, and Midori then decides to take Suiseiseki along with her. No money paid, but the twins are now gone from the Sakurada's.

Episode 6: Exchange & Episode 7: Materialization
Jun and Shinku come home to realize that both Suiseiseki and Souseiseki's body is missing, along with their boxes. Nori does indeed tell them what happened (except she forgets the name of the person), and they have come to accept it, but it also means that for the first time in a long time, Shinku's the only doll moving around the house. The two try to work together to crack Rozen's riddle. Meanwhile, Sugintou encounters Kirasuishou for the first time in the N-Field, and much to her surprise, Kirakishou adores Suigintou to a point where she is willing to give up her three Rosa Mysticae, including her own, if Suigintou does particular errands. Suigintou refuses to do one - surrender her medium. However, she agrees to finding another sister so that Kirakishou can consume her body and live out in the real world. The victim ends up to be Kanaria, which is rather a success for Kirakishou, and Suigintou is rewarded with both Souseiseki's and Hinaichigo's Rosa Mysticae.

Episode 8: Invitation
Shinku receives an unsigned invitation to an Alice Game. There is a win condition - a defeat results in a loss of only one Rosa Mystica. The other condition? Bring your medium. Not exactly a problem for Shinku, since Jun would have tagged along anyway. Shinku is rather hesitant to do it, but Jun insists that she at least go to see who it was and ensure the safety of their home. Kirakishou arrives in the flesh (sort of), revealing to Shinku that Kanaria has lost the game. Upsetting as it was, Shinku refuses to accept. But then Suigintou shows up to do battle. In either case, neither Suigintou nor Karakishou sent the invitation. Suigintou did, however, express interest in participating.

Episode 9: Change & Episode 10: Love
Something's not right. In the N-Field, Suigintou has been pushed aside by... Suiseiseki? There has been a change in character, presented by the new crimson dress that Midori sewed up for Suiseiseki, and part of it is that she wants to battle. What happened to the pacifist? Exposed to the truth of the Alice Game, or at least Midori's truth, Suiseiseki challenges Jun and Shinku to a 2 vs. 2 Alice Game in what appears to be Midori's dream world, where there must be a winner in a 15 minute time period or the game is a draw. And Suigintou has nothing to do with this - this time, the medium fights alongside the maiden, using swords drawn up in the dreamworld. Jun and Shinku plan to stall, which really is what Midori wanted, as she uses that time to not only gauge Jun and Shinku but to also expose them to the truth - the true meaning of love, and the purpose behind the purpose of the Rozen Maiden dolls, i.e. the true fulfillment of Alice. How seven become one bonded in love to become Alice together, inseparable, sharing every feeling of pain and gladness as one person. Emphasis is also placed on the bond between the medium and the maiden. Game ends in a draw, as expected, and the last line of episode 10 is Suiseiseki's "By the way, have you two kissed yet?"

Episode 11: Kiss & Episode 12: Purpose
I'll leave the last two episodes to your imagination. However, the way I have written this assumes that there will be a Season 4 Finale.

So, that's it. Rozen Maiden is unfinished, and if something doesn't happen, it will be just another one of those animes that could have had a what if situation.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-04-15 at 13:01.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 05:39   Link #6964
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
recently i was able to watch rozen maiden S1&2 as well as the OVA, unfortunatly i dont have the time to browse through all the threads so i have a few questions.
when is ouverture supposed to take place? i m guessing in the middle of S2 since suisei seki says she has a contract with jun and sousei seki is still alive and the puppet shop is still open.
who is the guy that shows up after the apprentice and eyepatch girl disappear? he looks exactely like the apprentice...
who is the second eye patch girl at the very end, the one with the eye patch on the right eye? is she the real Bara-something
was the apprentice the one that tricked the dolls into playing the alice game in order to proove the superiority of his creation?
who the hell is the rabit supposed to be and what was his purpose?
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 07:19   Link #6965
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
recently i was able to watch rozen maiden S1&2 as well as the OVA, unfortunatly i dont have the time to browse through all the threads so i have a few questions.
when is ouverture supposed to take place? i m guessing in the middle of S2 since suisei seki says she has a contract with jun and sousei seki is still alive and the
S2 6 I believe

Quote:
who is the guy that shows up after the apprentice and eyepatch girl disappear? he looks exactely like the apprentice...
I believe it is Rozen

Quote:
who is the second eye patch girl at the very end, the one with the eye patch on the right eye? is she the real Bara-something
The true 7th doll kira-something (Kirakishou )

Quote:
was the apprentice the one that tricked the dolls into playing the alice game in order to proove the superiority of his creation?
A few opinions on that, and some think the same way you do, but when it came down to it he still was bedazzled by Shinku fighting. I have always wondered what is it that Enju looks for in a doll? Physical perfection is a sure thing when it comes to an apprentice of rozen and an artisan of Enju. But what was he looking for that was different that he saw in Shinku during the last fight?

Quote:
who the hell is the rabit supposed to be and what was his purpose?
He is a bastard bunny who deserves to be boiled alive (ie no idea )
Old 2008-02-18, 08:11   Link #6966
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Thanks for the clarifications.
So since the real 7th has yet to appear is it safe to assume that the story has yet to end?
Was an enjoyable serie overall.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 13:34   Link #6967
jaisrh

I was surprised to find myself liking the show after putting off watching it for a couple of years. Too bad the story might not be allowed to finish.
jaisrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 19:39   Link #6968
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I don't like what happened to my favourite doll,Hina ichigo
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 23:19   Link #6969
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Im pretty indifferent towards Hina.. She's cute and unyuu, but I got so sick of her squealing when I was marathoning the series.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 01:33   Link #6970
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@D a m i e n - Every month I add to my RM shrine to appease the anime gods in hope for S3 (a poor excuse to buy more stuff )

@Chinatsu-no-miya - *Shakes your hand*

@w00tness - *thwaps you with the croc of truth*

Hina had the most character growth out of all the dolls. She even beat the neko-oni and the demonic post box . She does need to improve her hand writing so that is a good reason to resurrect her!
Old 2008-02-25, 14:13   Link #6971
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Ahhh!! Get this thing off me desu~!
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 19:44   Link #6972
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

wheres my Kira?!I i didn't like the fact that it barely followed the plot of the manga,but,meh,awesome fighting scenes+cool bara death scene=a coolio season
Old 2008-05-08, 19:53   Link #6973
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Just got back from marathoning Rozen Maiden 1-01 to 2-12, and from what I've seen, it's really good. Not Fate/Stay Night or Kanon good, but good. The sad part is that it's unfinished, has been for two years now, and, due to certain implications, may not ever be resolved. Already, thoughts were in my head about how a third season would play out, most of the plot involving Suiseiseki, the reason I got into this series in the first place. However, after watching the whole series analytically, I've had to adjust it a bit, due to Rozen entrusting Shinku to find another way to become Alice as well as figure out how to return Souseiseki and Hinaichigo to normal. The problem with the third season is that it is greatly needed for the good of this series, but with the manga also in a halt, there isn't a sense of direction. If we're not careful, this could turn into a Konjiki no Gash Bell problem.

So far, here's how I've hoped the next season could play out.
wouldnt it be nice if it were like the episodes you made up,if only,if only
Old 2008-05-09, 00:27   Link #6974
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I only want to know what happened to Souseiseki, Hina and Laplace

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2008-05-09 at 02:39.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 11:41   Link #6975
Anpatsuki
[.Otaku Revolucionaria.]

Send a message via MSN to Anpatsuki
yep, but I luv Enju ^///^
Anpatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 23:55   Link #6976
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Anyone know how the 2nd manga season is progressing?
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 08:54   Link #6977
reaper1984
Suigintou Follower

Send a message via MSN to reaper1984
I found Rozen Maiden through a friend of mine and I remember how stoked I was when I found out that there was a season 2... after getting it and watching it all i was just blown away... unfortunately like most of you, im quite saddened by the amount of plot holes it has...

I have lost count now how many times I have watched Season 1 and 2 and Ouverture...

I heard that there might not be a season 3 to wrap all the holes left from s1 and s2 which is rather annoying... does anyone know if that is true?

I heard that the manga has been having trouble completing too or something... (I have yet to buy the manga... when i used to go to the manga store near me where I used to live they had most of the manga volumes cept 1 and 2.... isn't that always the case haha)

Well thanks for your time
reaper1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:08   Link #6978
tyciol
*Artist

I really hope Yamamoto finally does get to confess to Nori, he's such a running joke but you totally feel for him. Although, with what she dreams about (that one ep in S1) she may have... a 'complex' issue to deal with in regards to pursuing a relationship with him.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 23:25   Link #6979
Kokoa
Midget.

Quote:
Anyone know how the 2nd manga season is progressing?
They are up to Tale 8. Tale 9 comes out around Christmas [can't remember exact date].

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper1984 View Post

I heard that there might not be a season 3 to wrap all the holes left from s1 and s2 which is rather annoying... does anyone know if that is true?

I heard that the manga has been having trouble completing too or something... (I have yet to buy the manga... when i used to go to the manga store near me where I used to live they had most of the manga volumes cept 1 and 2.... isn't that always the case haha)

Well thanks for your time
That is true, at this current point in time, there isn't going to be a season 3, but that doesn't stop fans from hoping! Although there has not been anything indicating that there will be a season 3 by the official companies, many fans believe that there will be.

It did. A couple of months ago, the manga was axed [? I think, I don't remember the details] from the magazine it was published in, so it was forced to finish. But another magazine has picked up Rozen Maiden [Young Jump to be exact], so at the moment the manga is not having any problems.
Kokoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 10:22   Link #6980
Suiseiseki~
~desu

Sooo. Who here bought the newly released Traumend box set?
Suiseiseki~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural