AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-18, 19:47   Link #2481
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Bought a Wii in preparation for Xenoblade (haven't played a single good RPG this generation [except for maybe Nier] so I'm quite starved) and Skyward Heartattackwhyisshesocute. So I'm biding my time until then with other stuff, starting with Super Mario Galaxy. Wasn't really a fan from what I saw but actually playing it is quite different, it's really good though I still prefer Sunshine.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 21:00   Link #2482
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Added Alliance of Valiant Arms, Magicka, Hat Fortress 2, and World of Tanks to my multiplayer list. Dropped Mabinogi in favor of Vindictus.

For single player, I'm trying to play Touhou again. Stuck on Mountain of Faith because Aya is wtfhard.
Old 2011-07-22, 05:46   Link #2483
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Yakuza 4 on the PS3 and loving it so much.

The fights are so satisfyingly violent. I love Akiyama's kick to the face that he does on downed enemies. Saejima's moves are also awesome.

Then of course, the hostess clubs... It's really fun to go the hot spring baths and then play table tennis against your date. L2 for slow-motion stare mode, brilliant.

Then also playing Team Fortress 2 on the PC... getting blasted by the Soldier's new crazy weapons.
Old 2011-07-24, 16:56   Link #2484
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Just finished my first run through of Heavy Rain. Really enjoyed it but there are a few times when the story is a bit odd with its assumptions and logic.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 17:04   Link #2485
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm making my first run through Dead Space. Because I hate myself, apparently, as I don't deal well with the horror genre.

Or precision aiming, for that matter.
Old 2011-07-24, 17:59   Link #2486
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

For the first Dead Space you should be.... Fine Rising Dragon... Just have to get used to what your fighting and then the surprises take no massive effect on your morale. It's Dead Space 2 that's impossible for the weak-hearted
Old 2011-07-24, 18:01   Link #2487
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, I've seen the entirety of Dead Space 2 when my brother played it.

Dead Space 1? Mostly new territory for me...
Old 2011-07-24, 18:06   Link #2488
Dextro
He Without a Title

My copy of Persona 3 FES just arrived last Friday, gonna start playing it sometime this week (as soon as I finish my 2nd run through Eternal Sonata)
Old 2011-07-25, 10:40   Link #2489
pancakes
*Author

I tried picking up dead space a while back because it was referred by a friend. Sadly, I dropped it after a week. It was just so boring and repetitive. And I personally thought the plot was just stupid. The gameplay was terrible. Graphics were amazing though.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 11:16   Link #2490
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I finished it last night. I didn't think it was too bad, it was an interesting concept at least.
Old 2011-07-25, 13:00   Link #2491
Reikokuna

Atm i'm playing Okami and gaaawwd... WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GAME ♥
It's so enjoyable and like a real... painting.
Absolutely obsessed *-*
Old 2011-07-26, 10:51   Link #2492
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In the regular part of my gaming world
... the household took a break from EQ2 during the Great Sony Implosion to try out Rift. Its a competent MMO whose only fault is taking too many notes from WoW. The rifts are fun (like impromptu mini-raids), the storylines are interesting (especially the propaganda differences between sides). Downsides - there's not a lot of real racial differences. There are essentially no class-dependent quest lines (or racial quest lines). Like many current MMOs there's a large lack of small (2-3) group instances. Other than that... a lot of "it'd be nice if..."
1) The auction house is a bit of a mess, especially for stacked crafting items. They should have looked at a brokerage model like eq2.
2) weather systems would cycle (the capability is clearly there).
3) housing (eq2 instance housing is an easy add and the housing item systems would clearly upgrade the "joy of crafting") - housing is a very popular item in a number of games be it instanced or real estate.
4) Stop making it easier... for god's sake they removed a starting area *swimming* quest because players were whining it was "too hard".
Waah, I ran out of breath and died because I was too stupid to surface .... a large portion of the MMO-audience appears to be spineless whining idiots any more who shriek at consequences be they PvP (wah, the guards kill me because I'm a jackass in town) or PvE (wah, I have to think and solve a puzzle before the monster eats me).

We're spending most of our time on one of the Roleplay servers where (gods help me) there's *actually* a fair number of roleplayers. Real ones.. not griefers, god-moders, or RP=ERP morons. Astounding and a pleasant change ...
------------------------------------------------------------
In eroge-land, I picked up the English adaptation of "Deus Machina Demonbane" with some extra credit I had at J-list.com. The idea of mixing Cthulhu mythos, japanese mecha, magical girl wotnot, and eroge just sounded too amusing to pass up.

So far the writing isn't too bad. As usual, I'd like to smack the protagonist in the head as he has opinions and behaviors I really don't relate to.

Complaints:
1) Why in the hell do I have to hit the return key after every god damned sentence when there's no decision to be made? This is a complaint I have about almost every "visual novel" game's default settings. It'd be different if there were animation or image changes with each sentences but there are entire pages of text that could be displayed in one action.
2) In two hours of play, I've had maybe... 3 decision points. Not exactly a "choose your adventure" rate of interactiveness.

Anyway, other than that, its been kind of amusing (though personally I'd have been a lot farther along in "winning a girl" than the idiot protagonist :P).
-------------------------------
We bought Magicka to play... its fun but this game crashes more often than a bat with mud in its ears. I crash, my comrades crash, the hoster crashes. Different machines, different OSs.. .crash crash. Even though I got it during the Steam summer sale for a few bucks I almost feel like I should get a rebate per crash.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We also picked up Shogun 2... wonderful but another game where your first act is to have to 1) visit all the forums to see why it fails to install and 2) download a multi-GIGAbyte patch on first entry. Really? why even bother with a disk in the package?
And why do game devs think multi-GIGAbyte patches are "okay" in the era of pseudo-broadband in the US?

Enough ranting, back to gaming... I have a little Necronomicon, Al Azif avatar I'm trying to lure into love while saving the world or something like that.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-07-26 at 14:40.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 13:00   Link #2493
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I finished it last night. I didn't think it was too bad, it was an interesting concept at least.
Well we all have opinions and everyones entitled, that's whats so great about games.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 02:45   Link #2494
Vento

I just finished Darksiders. I'm not playing much atm, except just trying to catch up on some VN titles..
Vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 03:09   Link #2495
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
What I'm playing right now:

Dragon Age: Awakening
Playing this on and off a bit. I wanted to do a DA marathon since the new DA2 DLC has just launched, but I figure, I might get away from Bioware games for a while.

The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Fuck yeah, The Witcher. Wish it ran better for how bad it looks though, rofl. I don't think it likes my GPU very much.

Torchlight
Playing this on and off. I ragequit a few weeks ago after disenchanting my awesome gun by mistake. Oh well.

Illusia
Still playing this on and off on my phone whenever I've got a few minutes to kill. It's too grindy to play for long stretches, though.
Old 2011-07-27, 09:52   Link #2496
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Atelier Rorona and Record of Agarest War Zero. I love the characters and visual novel elements of the latter but sometimes wish it was actually just a visual novel. The large numbers of battles vs irrelevant enemies (3 palette swaps each of random bees and crabs in the first half alone) take the story out of the spotlight for long periods at a time and can get tiring pretty quickly.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 22:21   Link #2497
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Right now, my Super Nintendo is paused on Super Castlevania IV's final stage, since I'm having a little trouble defeating the 3 fiends. I'm also playing Black Ops online, and once I'm done with Castlevania, I'm going to re-tackle Chrono Trigger and Battletoads.
Old 2011-08-03, 08:53   Link #2498
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Still playing Muv-Luv on the side.

Just finished all the routes in Extra and started Unlimited today.

I'm up to the 26th of October and it's hard to put down. I'm really enjoying seeing the same characters but with completely different demeaners...

Oh my Meiya, what have they done to you?

Wait scratch that, I kind of like this Meiya...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 22:33   Link #2499
Nihokon

^ You'll want to play Muv-Luv alternative after you've finished unlimited.

Currently playing Chantelise (PC) and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (PSP).
Old 2011-08-05, 02:05   Link #2500
GoGetMyShotgun

I saw Resonance of Fate for $19.99 at my local store so I decided to check it out. Though I'm not so clear on what exactly the plot is right now, I'm loving the battle system. It was a bit of learning curve at first, but once I got the hang of it the battles became easily one of the best systems I've played for an RPG. And the characters are just loveable... Oh Vashyron

Also started Catherine for Xbox 360. Interesting story...though the puzzles at some points make me wanna tear my hair out. Nonetheless, this is definitely a new experience.

"Don't leave me alone anymore." ~ Billionaire Girl
GoGetMyShotgun is offline   Reply With Quote