Old 2013-08-05, 11:39   Link #10361
Freeter
beyond

Well, with the anime concurrently airing, we can have twice the rage
Old 2013-08-05, 22:37   Link #10362
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Are you sure about this? Last time this happened haters went ragemode for a year or so - remember that?
I suspect that most readers are male, so two women + 1 man is a thousand time better than 2 men + 1 woman
(wait, imo most of the ragemode was about that motorcycle kid...I was not that upset on asuka vs eba....maybe it's because I am a male...)

Plus after 39 chapters of nothing (since ch 200, let's say...if my memory serves me right, this nothingness starts even sooner but let's use chapter 200 as a reference point), a change of pace would be nice XD

P.S and I guess Asuka fan will cheer for the new girl this time XD
But we shouldn't get too excited because this author has a habit of introducing new character and then just forgets (or gives up) whatever idea he had with that character
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2013-08-05 at 22:48.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 22:45   Link #10363
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I suspect that most readers are male, so two women + 1 man is a thousand time better than 2 men + 1 woman
(wait, imo most of the ragemode was about that motorcycle kid...I was not that upset on asuka vs eba....maybe it's because I am a male...)

Plus after 39 chapters of nothing (since ch 200, let's say...if my memory serves me right, this nothingness starts even sooner but let's use chapter 200 as a reference point), a change of pace would be nice XD
Well there is sexism, but I am male and surely didn't hate Yuzuki of what she did during the Tokyo Arc. I felt pity, actually, and felt that she made it harder on herself and the people she cared about.

I am actually wondering how did Rin felt during that whole ordeal knowing that her sister had to choose between a friend who been there for her during her hard life in Tokyo and the man she loved who she felt was the only person to understand her.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 22:55   Link #10364
justavisitor

Well I definitely didn't intend for any sexism.....But i do think there is a difference between a shounen and shoujo manga...For example, to-love-ru trouble should be a shounen manga

Anyway, I haven't read much manga lately so I am not sure. But I apologize if my previous post offended anyone
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 23:06   Link #10365
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well I definitely didn't intend for any sexism.....But i do think there is some difference between a shounen and shoujo manga...For example, to-love-ru trouble should be a shounen manga

Anyway, I haven't read much manga lately so I am not sure. But I apologize if my previous post offended anyone
No, in my opinion you hit a ugly truth. I might have been a bit extreme when I said sexism, but there is the perception that the majority of the audience feels that females should act a certain way (such as women cannot pass shopping stores without looking at what is displayed, home oriented, opened with feelings, enjoy romance movies, pure and clean, loyal and submissive towards their male counterpart, and a lot more of what a women should be) and males should act in a certain way (loves cars, working out, prone to hide feelings, loves action movies, dirty, aggressive, open to desires, and etc.).

Before anyone says anything, I believe that males and females are equal in status and should not be what someone says and should be what they want to be.
Old 2013-08-08, 02:36   Link #10366
tntsgoboom

I am not up to date on this manga but I am curious if anyone knows or thinks that it is coming to a close soon?
tntsgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 03:35   Link #10367
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsgoboom View Post
I am not up to date on this manga but I am curious if anyone knows or thinks that it is coming to a close soon?
Impossible to tell right now. There're no real indications yet so it could go on for quite some time or end in 10 chapters.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 04:13   Link #10368
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsgoboom View Post
I don't so myself... he still doesn't have a job... and... it doesn't feel like it will end.... maybe if she gets pregnant.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 04:29   Link #10369
tntsgoboom

Alright, thank you.
tntsgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 05:27   Link #10370
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

It will surely end when the Anime ends. At the latest when no one is bying it, supply and demand.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 07:42   Link #10371
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
It will surely end when the Anime ends. At the latest when no one is bying it, supply and demand.
I don't know either... by the pace of the anime... it will take 50+ episodes to cover the manga
Old 2013-08-19, 19:56   Link #10372
Johnny
Working the bags...

Maybe it's just me, but Seo seems to have a skewed version of how big babies and children should be. He did the same in Suzuka where I thought Fuka looked like some midget as well...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 21:59   Link #10373
Diedrupo

Quote:
P.S and I guess Asuka fan will cheer for the new girl this time XD
Nah I think us Asuka fans quit reading this failure of a manga years ago. We all want Haruto to break up with Eba forever but that's not going to happen since the mangaka likes to stick to his conventions/cliches.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:13   Link #10374
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Nah I think us Asuka fans quit reading this failure of a manga years ago. We all want Haruto to break up with Eba forever but that's not going to happen since the mangaka likes to stick to his conventions/cliches.
Not all. Haruto x Eba forever shipper here. When did you became the voice of all the fans?
Old 2013-08-20, 14:40   Link #10375
Key Board
Carbon

Ch 240

Ah..
Spoiler:
to be honest I don't like the coupling

but this chapter gave a warm feeling
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 15:06   Link #10376
Freeter
beyond

I had a different kind of 'warm' feeling from that color page. Stupid sexy Rin
Old 2013-08-21, 15:19   Link #10377
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
chap 270

Spoiler for spoiler chap 270 sigh:
Old 2013-08-21, 16:02   Link #10378
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
chap 270

Spoiler for spoiler chap 270 sigh:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2013-08-21, 16:52   Link #10379
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I decided to start reading this a couple days ago on a whim, because I've read so much about all the rage and what not, and... well, color me pleasantly surprised. First time I read something by the author, but I went in expecting KGNE (apologize to fans, but that's what I'd describe real rage, lol :v) and got out something pretty good so far.

Sure, it's still got that soap opera-ish feel to it, what with the coincidences and what not, but I'd say the author did a very good job at making me like his main dude, which is already a huge step in making these kind of stories work. Haruto might be a bit dense sometimes and act a bit more as a "shounen manga protagonist" than a "human being worried about his precious girlfriend", but I can forgive that since, well, it's part of the whole deal about writing shounen manga.

Since I basically blazed through these 240 chapters, I think I'm not able to 'understand' the rage nearly as well as people who kept going for weeks at end in regards to Asuka's situation, but to be fair, I do feel Eba was the only girl he could've pulled off what he did without pissing me off.

Asuka was a fine girl, and obviously they had some great moments together, but it's as he says -- he really loves Eba and they had something going on for the longest time. His whole life was thrown upside down by her, what with dropping everything to chase her and what not. If the guy himself is willing to understand her reasons for having acted as she did and he's certain he wants to be with her, then just honestly telling Asuka that he wanted to break up was probably for the best for everyone in the end. Plus, Eba herself deserved to be a happy for a bit. She might always have appeared cheery and she definitely had fun with Haruto, but her life's not one to envy. Selfish she might seem to some, the fact is she always subjected herself to "pain" in order to, indirectly or not, try to help other people, be it Rin, Kazama or hell, even Haruto, because she definitely seemed like she'd try to set him up with Nanami back in the day if he really wished for it. It'd have been fine if they'd not met again and Haruto ended up with Asuka, but at the same time, I can't blame the guy if he still had such feelings for a girl like Eba, who's been such a major part of his life.

That said though, these new chapters are starting to make me feel something close to what the Asuka fans might've felt when Eba "won", lol. But it bugs me a lot more, because in this case we're getting a new character this late into the story and I think it'd probably leave a bad taste in my mouth if he went and tried to setup some... romantic (?) drama now, after how much both Haruto and Eba have grown together.

I mean, in a way he could've finished the story already, but he decided to carry on. I know there's got to be a hook there, but the last few chapters, between all the fluff and funny moments, actually had some pretty nice moments about two young lovers trying to build their own life with each other. If the author portrayed how this could lead into fights and how they'd both overcome it, that'd be fine, but I think it'd be uncalled for to throw a new girl and setup some sort of cheating subplot thing or similar, because there's really no way to be able to match Eba (and even Asuka) with a girl who came out of the blue in a story that's been going on for more than five years.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2013-08-22 at 10:22.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 21:27   Link #10380
Shadow5YA

So Takashi got a job at Aflac, huh...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life