3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-01, 11:55   Link #41
Menshi

Ep 9 intro?

I'm sort of confused by the intro to episode 9 what did it have to do with this chapter. We never found out any info on the dead body or who it was did we. Is this sort of like Rika's death intro to chapter 2 ~ where the intro ties in to a future chapter?
Old 2006-07-01, 12:33   Link #42
Shizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menshi
I'm sort of confused by the intro to episode 9 what did it have to do with this chapter. We never found out any info on the dead body or who it was did we. Is this sort of like Rika's death intro to chapter 2 ~ where the intro ties in to a future chapter?
Read the TIPs for episode 9 if you haven't already.
Don't think too deep about the corpse itself, the question is what happened because of that corpse.
Old 2006-07-01, 12:37   Link #43
Amaranthine

This episode was... a bit of a disappointment, to be honest. The ending was extremely weird and confusing, yeah, but it didn't particularly shock me. My response to it was more like: "Oh. That's weird." And then I felt kind of disappointed, like I said. :/ It sounds better in the descriptions people have given of the game, but that's the game, and this is the anime. I suppose there's not much point in comparing them like that.

Also, I had to curse Keiichi's stupidity.
Spoiler:

It was a relatively good episode I guess, it got me sad for Satoko and all, and completely shook up my theories. It was just missing something. I might be expecting too much, what with the build up from the game players, and how great the rest of the series has been. I felt this episode wasn't as good as it could have been... or even, dare I say, as it should have been. The rest has been excellent, why drop the standard now of all times?

Maybe I'm feeling especially critical today... but I was expecting more. Possibly I'll think better of it after a rewatch.
Old 2006-07-01, 13:20   Link #44
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
A very weird ending indeed there were still a lot of unanswred questions and the ending kind of took me for a loop. There 2 parts that are just stuck in mind and i think they were very important parts of this episode

Spoiler for dont read if you havent watched the ep yet:
Old 2006-07-01, 16:45   Link #45
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I kind of wish this series of episodes had been done first since I definitely would have voted for something supernatural being at work instead of an individual. Keiichi's sanity seemed to be slipping away after Takano asked him if he buried the body properly.
Old 2006-07-01, 16:56   Link #46
Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
I kind of wish this series of episodes had been done first since I definitely would have voted for something supernatural being at work instead of an individual.
I'm sure that's exactly why they are in this order...

I was so convinced that it was nothing supernatural, and I thought I could figure out a rational reason for it all. Now I don't know what to think. ~_~
Old 2006-07-01, 17:10   Link #47
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
The episode was okay but I felt there was a lot of loose ends. The funny thing is that overall I felt most sorry Rika. Her little "miiii" constantly haunted me to feel sad for her after I found out she was killed...(And Rena too of course )
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaFire
-Oh, and no Rena.
*me agrees*
I was looking forward to find out if Rena had something going on with the manager or not, after all she was so concerned about Keiichi making it to the clinic. Oh well maybe that scene was just to show more of Rena's...erhm inquisitive nature hmm. I didn't see any point in it, since they were so tight with the episode schedules and all, but more Rena moeness is always a good thing.
Old 2006-07-01, 22:59   Link #48
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For the very end of the episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-01, 22:59   Link #49
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

The more I watched this episode the more I think it was mostly Keichii's delusion.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-02, 01:14   Link #50
SnowfairyX

My immediate reaction to this episode was slight disappointment, probably just like a few of the other posters on this thread. I've never played the game or read the manga (can't read japanese) but before I watched the episode, I skimmed a few comments of people who've played the game and/or read the manga expressing their disappointment over how many things were left out. Still, I was excited to see the episode but I guess because I dwelled on the fact that the episode might feel incomplete that it lead to my initial disappointment. I guess the reason I was a bit disappointed at first was probably because the ending was a bit more subtle than the last two arcs and didn't exactly raise my blood pressure like I expected it to , although that scene involving
Spoiler:
I also would have liked to have seen some more of Rena (current favorite character) and Mion as well, but I guess they had their turn in the last two arcs . I gave the episode another watch though, almost immediately afterwards trying to pore over details and other stuff. After I let my thoughts settle a bit about the episode, I thought it was quite an appropriate end to the arc and ended up rating it as 'excellent.' Basing solely on the anime itself and ignoring all the TIPs and stuff from the game, I thought the ending to this arc did it's job well enough in conveying the tragic results. Overall, I thought this arc was better than the 2nd arc, although probably not as good as the first. This arc was defintely pretty depressing but not really in a way where the show was trying to force emotions out or anything. That last episode, I definitely had to think about a bit before it kind of got to me . I can't wait to see the next arc of this most fascinating series. This is the first time I've ever wanted to follow an unlicensed anime series all the way through to the end. I joined this forum just because of the excellent discussion going on here for Higurashi although I'll probably still lurk here mostly anyway .
Old 2006-07-02, 06:10   Link #51
Eric the Grey

Well, I liked the episode. I didn't think it felt rushed at all.

I do have to say this about Keichii: If it wasn't for bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.

Eric the Grey
Old 2006-07-02, 12:42   Link #52
ferthepoet

Greetings,

Been watching and loving the series since the beggining but haven't posted, I'm asking cuz I wonder why no one has mentioned this yet, did you notice the change on the lyrics of the end song, do you think there's any meaning to that?
Old 2006-07-02, 12:48   Link #53
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet
Greetings,

Been watching and loving the series since the beggining but haven't posted, I'm asking cuz I wonder why no one has mentioned this yet, did you notice the change on the lyrics of the end song, do you think there's any meaning to that?
Yeah, the official lyrics have been released and the fansubs have changed to match this. Is that what you meant?

Watched the last 3 episodes of this arc all in a row and I loved it. Watanagashi didn't feel as powerful as Onikakushi to me but this arc more than made up for it Shame about all the stuff they missed out though, wish reading the sound novel first was a possibility. Oh well...
Old 2006-07-02, 12:59   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet
Greetings,

what change in lyrics are your refering to and did the lyrics change at the end of this episode or another here are the lyrics for Why? or Why not?

http://www.badongo.com/pic/229188
Old 2006-07-02, 15:31   Link #55
Killer Loli
baka desu

Send a message via AIM to Killer Loli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen
Read the TIPs for episode 9 if you haven't already.
Don't think too deep about the corpse itself, the question is what happened because of that corpse.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-02, 15:55   Link #56
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Spoiler:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-07-02, 16:24   Link #57
LordAshram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Loli
Spoiler:

You're wrong on the corpse because it's been said a number of times before that it took place when it was shown, at the beginning of the arc, not the end... And the TIPS even gave it's identity: Ritsuko Rina, Teppei's mistress.
Old 2006-07-02, 17:37   Link #58
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Just to make a few things clear:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-07-02 at 17:47.
Old 2006-07-02, 18:01   Link #59
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I am somehow satisfied with the fact that everyone died... Honestly, I think the crazy people in that town are better off dead, and poor Keiichi should escape it all. Though I doubt that is how he would view it, lol
Old 2006-07-02, 19:56   Link #60
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Another lurker's thoughts

Some questions I'm pondering lately:

Spoiler:
Closed Thread