AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 23:03   Link #1501
Mjay

So this is gonna tie into Fast and Furious 7 at some point right? And, really do we need another Jar Jar binks?!? Slightly lost respect for the show with that c'mon where's the creativity?
Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 12:08   Link #1502
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 93:

In other news, it was confirmed that the movie will be about Hibito and Mutta's childhood. It's an origin story.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:11   Link #1503
Gravitas Free Zone

As the episode started, I ran through the characters again and came up with
Spoiler for the character:
as the remaining crew choice... and was proved right a few minutes later. I'll call it luck.

It made sense characterwise, though.

The Hibbit Show: Argh, are they getting longer?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 13:00   Link #1504
ookamigirl

It was nice to see Sharon again.
Her telescope dream might just become reality.
Mutta seems to be enjoying his new training.
The rest was all about flashbacks to the past.
Brian and Eddie history.
Nothing special this time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 13:40   Link #1505
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The original telescope design is modelled on the Arecibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico. I happened to visit there in December. It's quite an impressive engineering feat, measuring about 300 m in diameter. The construction required many large earth-moving vehicles, presumably to dig out the hollow in which the telescope was constructed. Even if they chose to put the telescope in a moon crater, it's hard to imagine that an equivalent being built by astronauts on the moon.

By the way, the Arecibo telescope celebrated its fiftieth anniversary last year.

I guess all the people who work there must live fairly close by. The telescope itself is in an extremely rural area connected by narrow, twisty mountain roads like this:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'm pretty sure Jodie Foster wasn't commuting to the telescope in Contact every day!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 21:08   Link #1506
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I've been pleading for Eddie Jay to finally get woven into the story for over a year - I must say I'm very satisfied with the way Koyama has chosen to do it.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 03:16   Link #1507
cyth
Banned

I thought this guy is too old for missions. Nice going, NASA, you get the elderly vote.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 03:20   Link #1508
hamazura
whatever

very nice episode, at last come back to this kind of very good emotional chara background episode like Vince and Pico story (sorry but olga story is rly boring)
go eddie! dont lose to Fukuda, he is old but still have a passion for his dreams!

and im rly surprised the ending song plays when there is so much gap till the end of monitor screen... guess what happen next? very long mr.hibbit cartoon
Old 2014-02-09, 03:39   Link #1509
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I thought this guy is too old for missions. Nice going, NASA, you get the elderly vote.
Eddie is 58 and 58 isn't elderly, so - no. John Glenn went into space when he was almost 80 - admittedly not as the captain of a lunar mission, but I think we can assume Eddie is in prime physical shape for his age and that some medical advances have taken place in the years between now and the setting for the series. It's natural that he'd hesitate about whether to take something like that on as he approaches 60 - and he did - but he's definitely not too old.
Old 2014-02-09, 04:09   Link #1510
cyth
Banned

I have to wonder though because the dude spent almost two years aboard ISS. His bone density must be pretty bad.
Old 2014-02-09, 04:32   Link #1511
Tenzen12

It very likely wasn't at once though.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 06:50   Link #1512
TrueDevil
Not from this world

Wow, I was suprised how worn out Sharon looks now but im glad her (husbands) dream might become reality.
Yeah I was glad Eddie is finally making an appearance since I got the impression he was overshadowed by Brian all the time.
And im also glad that a normal person joins Muttas crew the rest are more or less freaks.
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 07:00   Link #1513
cyth
Banned

So did anyone else notice Sharon is now having trouble speaking? The end seems nigh.
Old 2014-02-09, 15:16   Link #1514
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
So did anyone else notice Sharon is now having trouble speaking? The end seems nigh.
Not necessarily. Stephen Hawking has had trouble speaking since the 70s.

As for Eddie Jay's age, in 1993 Story Musgrave was 58 when he flew as "payload commander" in charge of the first Hubble Space Telescope repair mission. And John Young would have commanded a space shuttle mission at age 56, but it was scrubbed after the Challenger disaster.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 18:13   Link #1515
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I found this episode full of worrisome Sharon flags, actually. That wave getting in the van. "Mutta will be upset that he missed you." Not to mention the whole aspect of Mutta finally getting into a position to realize her dream.
Old 2014-02-12, 02:05   Link #1516
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDevil View Post
im also glad that a normal person joins Muttas crew the rest are more or less freaks.
Yes, but with both Mutta and Eddie in the crew, the press is bound to start referring to it as "the older brothers' mission."

Meanwhile... does anyone else think Eddie's son should do a musical "fusion" project with Olga?

And speaking of Olga... if I'm not mistaken, the current Mr. Hibbit storyline is the one she was watching back during the Russia story arc.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 15:41   Link #1517
bastek66

Looks like it will end in March because new anime starts in April and it will be airing in SB timeslot
Old 2014-02-14, 15:56   Link #1518
Dop
Mmmm....

Given the show is catching up to the manga it probably makes sense to rest it for a while rather than use filler material.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 14:55   Link #1519
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 16:04   Link #1520
TrueDevil
Not from this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post

Spoiler for plot:
Gotta agree with you, neither seem to be an astronaut, heck, I wonder how Philippe even made it this far considering how hard the election.
Eddie is really fit to be a leader he is the most mature and respected person and also has the charisma to do this.
I doubt anyone of the other five could do the job better, Mutta for example is simply an ideas man and is generally not highly respected as a person.
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen