AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-17, 08:26   Link #1561
Marina2

Questions about novel vol. 15&19

I didn't read any novel ,but I want to know. Please spoil me

Spoiler for Vol.15&19 questions:

Thank you for your answer
Old 2010-01-17, 10:05   Link #1562
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
As for Saints using magic.... allow me to put it this way. If even espers can cast magic if they are willing to have their head explode in blood, why wouldn't Saints use them when their head won't explode??
Erm doesn't Kaori use magic?

I thought it was only people like God's Right Seat who gave up magic for single powers.
Old 2010-01-17, 10:14   Link #1563
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Erm doesn't Kaori use magic?

I thought it was only people like God's Right Seat who gave up magic for single powers.
That was his point Saints can cast magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Fixed for you.
That's not too far from the truth. During their first match/battle of the Sport festival, Aogami prove to be quite a hard target to hit... Until Touma tricked him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
That's the power of Imaginary Numbers School District that was manifested by the appearance of Fuse=Kazakiri.
It's the place where the "law of magic" has been rewritten and those who try to cast magic with the same way they always did will ends up death by body explode.
But the one that manifested by Fuse=Kazakiri is incomplete, it's just give a damage to the opponents and reduce their spell powers.
So it's a specific type of AIM field... But at least we know that AIM itself can be a counter to magic, even affecting it's law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Even if their is a loop hole if your attacking her it still triggers. And attacking randomly wouldn't get you their. She's not the type that will just stand their. She pretty sadist that likes to rain air hammers on her enemies.
PRETTY CHEAT!
So maybe an AOE attack.

In theory, you get an Esper/Magician with an AOE type attack and tell them to hit an area with Vent in it. BUT, they don't know that she's there. Anyway, that's just a theory in a perfect world.

Quote:
If it can mess up with telesma then the battle against Aiwass wouldn't be even a one sided bullying. But its possible to weaker ones. But who knows.
I thought Aiwass was using AIM, not telesma?

Also, I just want to confirm again, but Accelerator now can control other AIM fields, effectively allowing him to manipulate other espers' power right? If I were to understand correctly, that's what he did to Dark Matter so technically, he is in fact now immune to any form of Esper attacks...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-01-17 at 10:51.
Old 2010-01-17, 10:50   Link #1564
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

So it's a specific type of AIM field... But at least we know that AIM itself can be a counter to magic, even affecting it's law?
Well it's not only a type of AIM Field but another dimension.
This town of heatwave is like a kind artificial dimension created from the aggregation of all espers's AIM Diffusion Field.
Old 2010-01-17, 10:58   Link #1565
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
This town of heatwave is like a kind artificial dimension created from the aggregation of all espers's AIM Diffusion Field.
Oh I understand that, so when Fuse=Kazakiri materalized, her AIM diffusion field is literally that entire area brought into the real world? So she overwrites natural law, And in that world, magic is screwed up.

So again, AIM rejects Magic, and that's what kills espers when they cast spells. So lets say a powerful Esper like Accelerator- if he can generate large concentration of AIM (Black Wings), can he reject any spells?
Old 2010-01-17, 11:50   Link #1566
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Questions about novel vol. 15&19

I didn't read any novel ,but I want to know. Please spoil me

Spoiler for Vol.15&19 questions:

Thank you for your answer
Spoiler for 15:

Spoiler for 19:
Old 2010-01-17, 12:56   Link #1567
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Can someone who has read vol. 19 post a summary of what happened in spoilers. A want to be able to keep up with the story. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 2010-01-17, 15:41   Link #1568
tsunade666

Quote:
So when she was summoned her own world is together with it and fusing or wrapping the reality with her own reality.

Quote:
Oh I understand that, so when Fuse=Kazakiri materalized, her AIM diffusion field is literally that entire area brought into the real world? So she overwrites natural law, And in that world, magic is screwed up.

So again, AIM rejects Magic, and that's what kills espers when they cast spells. So lets say a powerful Esper like Accelerator- if he can generate large concentration of AIM (Black Wings), can he reject any spells?
Now I'm getting confused on how black wings works..... Its an auto update system that let's accelerator to download new found information directly on the AIM. When from Shmaster said when his in black wings mode he use kakine's wings to stab him down. Now for it to generate a large amount of concentrated aim to reject spells...... isn't it fuze=kazakiri when she's been summoned her own reality which the town she's from is a town where magic doesn't exist and when she's been brought up its fuse or collide with the reality and in her presence the " laws of magic " has been haywire. Unless accelerator can rewrite the so called " laws of magic " himself how can he reject the magic? does his black wings even allow such manipulation ?

Quote:

So maybe an AOE attack.

In theory, you get an Esper/Magician with an AOE type attack and tell them to hit an area with Vent in it. BUT, they don't know that she's there. Anyway, that's just a theory in a perfect world.

I thought Aiwass was using AIM, not telesma?

..[/B]
For vent ............ attacking area effect spells type without the caster knowing that vent is their. Isn't that pretty hard? and also you need to bind vent their or someone must be a decoy because aren't area effect type cost spell incantation time? plus the charge of magic... it consumes time and to randomly cast it is useless unless vent is just idling their or someone is acting on decoy.

As for aiwass..... I'm a bit confused:
His a guardian angle right? then he could use telesma and heavenly powers?
But then again he manifest through fuze=kazakiri's field of rewritten magic laws. and feze=kazakiri is manifesting through the fused aim of the network or just through the network. And all and all its through " AIM " but those two are both angelic figures. One is artificial angel that destroys magic and the other is even a real guardian angel that should have the power to use angelic powers.......................... now what is right? AIM OR TELESMA?
Old 2010-01-17, 17:58   Link #1569
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Now I'm getting confused on how black wings works..... Its an auto update system that let's accelerator to download new found information directly on the AIM. When from Shmaster said when his in black wings mode he use kakine's wings to stab him down.
No, apparently he said Accelerator stabbed him without Black Wings. When he did activate Black Wings, he just slaughted him with Unknown Vectors.

I thought the update AIM thingy resulted in the Black Wings, and not the other way around? Anyway, the point is, those wings are made of AIM right? Normally AIM are weak and can't be seen, but those wings are visable which means that's alot of juice being put out there.

Quote:
Now for it to generate a large amount of concentrated aim to reject spells...... isn't it fuze=kazakiri when she's been summoned her own reality which the town she's from is a town where magic doesn't exist and when she's been brought up its fuse or collide with the reality and in her presence the " laws of magic " has been haywire. Unless accelerator can rewrite the so called " laws of magic " himself how can he reject the magic? does his black wings even allow such manipulation ?
Well before, I wasn't sure if it was AIM itself or a special AIM field that was rejecting Magic.

But if we go by the theory that AIM is what makes magic go funky in Espers, then we consider how weak AIM really is in normal individuals. If that weak of a force is already violently rejecting magic, then what about a large concentration of AIM? Does it outright shield the Esper from spells?

I know now it's different from Fuse=Kazakiri, but that was where I got the idea first.

Quote:
For vent ............ attacking area effect spells type without the caster knowing that vent is their. Isn't that pretty hard? and also you need to bind vent their or someone must be a decoy because aren't area effect type cost spell incantation time? plus the charge of magic... it consumes time and to randomly cast it is useless unless vent is just idling their or someone is acting on decoy.
A suprise attack. Seriously, lets say Vent is in a building, or a section of a town/village. Get the Esper or magician to bombard an area of that place where you know her to be there, and don't tell the attacker anything about her.

Quote:
As for aiwass..... I'm a bit confused:
His a guardian angle right? then he could use telesma and heavenly powers?
But then again he manifest through fuze=kazakiri's field of rewritten magic laws. and feze=kazakiri is manifesting through the fused aim of the network or just through the network. And all and all its through " AIM " but those two are both angelic figures. One is artificial angel that destroys magic and the other is even a real guardian angel that should have the power to use angelic powers.......................... now what is right? AIM OR TELESMA?

He manifest through the AIM field, but not origining from the world of AIM.

Nevertheless, he was using AIM... Because of that defense program Aleister place in him.... It HAS to be using AIM.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:07   Link #1570
babohtea

Couldn't you kill Vent with a hitman?

If the intentions of the killer was money rather than actually hate of Vent, she shouldn't be able use her ability?
Old 2010-01-17, 18:40   Link #1571
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Couldn't you kill Vent with a hitman?

If the intentions of the killer was money rather than actually hate of Vent, she shouldn't be able use her ability?
Unfortunately, there's rule #2, 'You cannot consider her as a target of an attack'. It counts as atagonizing her.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:42   Link #1572
babohtea

How about this? You pay a hitman to hit the area around her with bombs and to shoot the space behind her with a gun. I'm pretty sure we just beat Vent.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:44   Link #1573
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
How about this? You pay a hitman to hit the area around her with bombs and to shoot the space behind her with a gun. I'm pretty sure we just beat Vent.
You cannot let this person know about Vent, period.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:49   Link #1574
babohtea

Can you describe her in terms of looks? Like the "blonde girl" or something?

How about asking a hitman to shoot the area behind everyone except you in a certain room?

OR

Blindfold a genius and then pay them to do things like "shoot 24 degrees north of west, 10.3 degrees above the horizon"?
Old 2010-01-17, 19:05   Link #1575
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:

How about asking a hitman to shoot the area behind everyone except you in a certain room?

OR

Blindfold a genius and then pay them to do things like "shoot 24 degrees north of west, 10.3 degrees above the horizon"?
Describing the person is letting the person know about Vent, so that fails.

To shoot everyone, he has to consider each person a target of attack.

The blindfold idea might work as long as you find a way to give him the instructions at the proper time without the instruction giver seeing Vent as a enemy.
Old 2010-01-17, 21:40   Link #1576
tsunade666

First accelerator now Vent

People really hate cheaters and want to be dead.
Old 2010-01-17, 22:12   Link #1577
babohtea

Quote:

what cheaters? Do you mean the "unbeatables"? Personally I just really dislike Accelerator's personality and cheapness. His personality is completely boring; the only reason why he gets a spotlight is because he's so ridiculously strong.

I almost feel like the story would be better if Accelerator left it after the sisters arc. Cheap powers are cheap.
Old 2010-01-18, 00:24   Link #1578
tsunade666

cheap cheaters and everyone dislike them.

I like accelerator because his the dark side of touma or counter balancer for him being the type that will help any passers by but accelerator is the type that will kill everyone to save a single one.

I prefer the dark hero type. I like touma but his too unrealistic trying to save all. Unlike accelerator that had already face the darkness of the darkest reality. He can decide which is more important to him.

As for vent. That lady has her story too and its pretty interesting plus her looks of total disorder has her own reason too. And Its not like she's unbeatable like accelerator.

Those two are walking gamesharks but still beaten down by touma.
Old 2010-01-18, 04:15   Link #1579
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's because he's the ultimate cheat.

At least I know that the answer I came up with defeating Accelerator (Spontaneous Combustion of Xenotic Origin) doesn't work on Vent.

In the end, only Ability Down type magic and abilities, or mages/espers with an obscene amount of mental strength can work against these people reliably. The rest has to work their way around it.

I'm of the opinion that these people aren't undefeatable, you just need to be creative. Killing them in this manner is rather rewarding to be honest.
Old 2010-01-18, 04:34   Link #1580
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

That's not it. A powerful character will always tempt people to try to defeat them. It's like what Accelerator said, being the 'Strongest' is just a title that people wants to challenge or disprove. Naturally, even before the experiment people hated Accelerator for his powers.

Quote:

OR

Why bother? WOuldn't the bombs have done the deed?

The more complex a plan, the more things can go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
At least I know that the answer I came up with defeating Accelerator (Spontaneous Combustion of Xenotic Origin) doesn't work on Vent.
I'm almost afraid to ask, but are you suggesting to nuke Accelerator with an alien source of radiation?

Quote:
Those two are walking gamesharks but still beaten down by touma.
Everything is situational.

If it wasn't for Mikoto and the SIsters working together Touma would have died from the Plasma attack. If Fuse=Kazakiri didn't injury Vent, Touma wouldn't have an easy time... Though her wind hammers aren't that complex to handle in the first place.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen