Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-11, 16:07   Link #1
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Battlefield 4

Probably should have a thread for this now since the Battlefield 3 topic has turned into a Battlefield 4 discussion thread...

Release Date(s):
PS4: TBD
X-Box One: TBD
All other platforms North America: October 29, 2013
All other platforms Australia: October 31, 2013
All other platforms Europe: November 1, 2013

BF4 Multiplayer Gameplay:
Spoiler for for size:

BF4 Commander Mode Trailer:
Spoiler for for size:

BF4 Siege of Shanghai Multiplayer Trailer:
Spoiler for for size:

BF4 Fishing in Baku Reveal Trailer:
Spoiler for for size:

BF4 Angry Sea Singleplayer Trailer:
Spoiler for for size:

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 16:08   Link #2
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Pretty impress with the new engine of Battlefield. I hope they have a better Campaign this time around.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 16:13   Link #3
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Pretty impress with the new engine of Battlefield. I hope they have a better Campaign this time around.
Yeah, I was really underwhelmed with the campaign in BF3. It was their first shot, so I give them a little bit of leeway, but it was clear that they were trying way too hard to be CoD.

Old 2013-06-11, 17:30   Link #4
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

You're not counting Bad Company 1/2?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 17:44   Link #5
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
You're not counting Bad Company 1/2?
No. I'm considering only BF 1942, BF:V, BF 2, BF2142, and the free Battlefield. Yeah, BC1 and 2 had MP, but they weren't really part of the BF mainline family.

Objectively, you're right. They show that EA and Dice did have experience before BF3, but a different kind of experience, maybe. The BC campaigns were funny while still being founded in a military shooter. The BF3 campaign, to put it perhaps more properly, was their first serious military shooter campaign experience, and it was a pretty paltry performance, in my opinion.

EDIT: Speaking of BF: Vietnam... I miss offline bot mode. I loved being able to work off frustration by just owning a bunch of bots in a map all by myself. It was also great for practicing using vehicles. I can't fly worth a damn in BF games and there certainly isn't the opportunity to practice aircraft against actual targets without your team getting furious with you for screwing up constantly... or getting the vehicle taken when you die.

Old 2013-06-11, 21:45   Link #6
Chase

Their was a lot of info in the multiplayer stream today about the game and its changes. So much I couldn't soak all of it in and compile a list. I'll try to watch the stream over and compile one or find someone who has already. Oh and 64players, 60fps on consoles(X1 and PS4). Didn't say anything about whether its 1080p or not so I assume its still 720p. Either way its still a nice upgrade.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 00:25   Link #7
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

If towers collapse that nicely in the game, then hot damn.

(Well sure, it won't be rendered at super HD theatrics movie quality, but still)
Old 2013-06-12, 12:47   Link #8
zerodragon

people will now think twice before using a knife with that counter attack. so long cheap knife kills ^_^
Old 2013-06-12, 17:08   Link #9
JagdPanther

Here is GameSpot discussing how the multiplayer classes are changed.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/battlefie...asses-6409934/

Comments by me:

Recon now has C4 instead of Support. Excellent decision. Stereotypically, in games, the sniper is the saboteur.

Support no longer has the Mortar. "The mortar was kinda useless." BULLCRAP! The mortar is GREAT on Rush maps. I'll admit it is not useful in Team DM and of limited value in Conquest, but good Defender teams in Rush can stonewall Assaulting teams with mortars... Or, good Assault teams can make life hell on Defenders trying to stick close to the MCOMs. But, Support gains the XM-25, which some of you may remember as the weapon Frost had in COD:MW3 in the New York ground level other than the M4A1-SOPMOD.

It appears that you are stuck in Commander Mode. It probably is not like BF2 where you could enter or leave commander mode at will; you'd usually post up somewhere remote on the map to protect yourself and just run Commander Mode... So, this is probably good, now, because you don't have to worry about getting fragged by some enemy who slips into your hiding zone.

Different grenades now. Frag, flashbang, and incendiary. Another good decision. My guess is that the incendiary grenade will be used as an anti-vehicle grenade, unless it is used to make a mode like Rush much more strategic in that only the person with the incendiary grenade can destroy the MCOM.

Alternative gun sights now, which is nice. If you don't know what I mean, think COD:MW4 with the alternative gun sights you can have in certain singleplayer maps, such as having a mid-range ACOG and a short-range Red-Dot also on the same weapon.

Interesting discussion of the next-gen console release dates and what will happen with BF4 sales... "So, do they expect people to buy the game twice? Do they expect everyone to go PC to start?"

Old 2013-06-12, 17:51   Link #10
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , i'll say that BF campaign is like CoD campaign , a minus , their priorities are Multiplayer.
This one looks wonderful & fun to play.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 16:54   Link #11
JagdPanther

More gameplay footage from GameSpot. This time it's 12 minutes of exploring the Shanghai map, showing off the class selection screen, and other random stuff.

I like the setup of the class selection screen a lot better than in BF3.

I wonder if the weapons will all be these newer, lesser known weapons or we'll see some more prevalent weapons? I live off of the 416, M4A1, and 249.

Why would anyone really drive vehicles around anymore without being in first-person? I never liked third-person view for the BF games.

Old 2013-06-17, 15:52   Link #12
T-6000

Some interesting tidbits on Battlefield's System specs came up for people who want to take part in the Alpha testing. It seems like not only will they be abandoning 32 bit as a 64 bit OS is now required (something many PC Gamers have asked for years now) but also it seems to be leaving......Windows 8 behind?! Yeah, apparently this won't be supporting Windows 8 either. They would be referring to the fact that the alpha build itself doesn't support Windows 8 and the full version could still support Windows 8. I guess we'll have to wait for clarification from DICE or wait for the release of the full version this fall.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 16:04   Link #13
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Some interesting tidbits on Battlefield's System specs came up for people who want to take part in the Alpha testing. It seems like not only will they be abandoning 32 bit as a 64 bit OS is now required (something many PC Gamers have asked for years now) but also it seems to be leaving......Windows 8 behind?! Yeah, apparently this won't be supporting Windows 8 either. They would be referring to the fact that the alpha build itself doesn't support Windows 8 and the full version could still support Windows 8. I guess we'll have to wait for clarification from DICE or wait for the release of the full version this fall.
Win8's kernel doesn't have that much differences not to be supported. So I'm calling bs here, lol
Old 2013-06-17, 16:43   Link #14
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Win8's kernel doesn't have that much differences not to be supported. So I'm calling bs here, lol
Yeah they probably won't even have to try and it'll work on Win8.
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 16:44   Link #15
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
That is what I was thinking, EA leaving Windows 8 behind for Battlefield 4 struck me as a bit weird. Even if Battlefield 4 is in Alpha.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 10:59   Link #16
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

BF4 Premium (only available for PC atm, though - at 49.99 Euros) confirmed with 5 programmed DLCs, the second of which will feature updated BF3 maps (Oman, Firestorm, Caspian and Metro).

Oh, and the Battlefield blog has info on the revised career/perk/combat mechanics system, as well as renders for the MP characters. You can watch the Gamescom live event here; just skip to the 01:02:12 mark, since BF4 was the last game shown.

P.S. BF4 Beta will be available in early October, so if you are a BF3 Premium member or have already preordered the game, you've got a free ticket to DL the beta.

EDIT:

YouTube

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-08-20 at 11:51.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 19:34   Link #17
JagdPanther

Thanks for the new videos.

Old 2013-08-20, 23:06   Link #18
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

@ Regenade

That first video is probably the best gameplay video I've seen so far. I'm still waiting on the preorder (spent a lot of money over the summer haha) but I sure will preorder when I get the chance. I just hope the graphics live up to what they say it will be.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 13:00   Link #19
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

The traffic bollard, shutter and car alarm features were interesting, but the part with the train wagon is...well, you need the devil's luck to make that one work in the same way the video did.
Just watched some of the gameplay at gamecom and the Paracel Storm map has an interesting feature: there is a wrecked Arleigh Burke destroyer stuck at the bottom of a half-destroyed, half-submerged wind turbine. If you destroy the said turbine, the destroyer will be released from its prison and run aground on the nearest island. Control the flag on it and you'll be able to unlock a CIWS on the immobilized destroyer.

Oh, and I'd REALLY like to see footage from that dam-busting feature.

On another hand, it looks like there is a dearth of "old" rifles (M16, AK47) from the previous installments, while other, much more obscure weapons are promoted (AK-12, CZ 805). I wonder if this is linked to an earlier announcement about EA wanting to simplify the firearms brand licensing process (yeah, they literally have to ASK Colt Firearms, Heckler&Koch GMBH, etc. for permission to use their creations) and them wanting to cut the bill, at the expense of losing some household names like the M16/M4, etc. But then again, the game is still between the Alpha and Beta stages, so it could be DICE merely implementing a restricted number of weapon skins until the public beta.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-08-22 at 13:12.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:55   Link #20
JagdPanther

That video looked AMAZING. I wonder how close it will be to the reality of the everyday play of the game...