1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.88%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-04-14, 13:03   Link #201
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Wow this series really dissapointed me big time. Season one was alright though it may had it's flaws it was enjoyable enough to watch but season two on the other hand was a mess. Also what was up with the animation? For a Gundam series it sure wasn't top notch other then most of the action scenes of course. Was it because of late scripts like it happened in Destiny?
lol if 00 isn't the one of the best animated of all Gundam, what else is?

Hi-res, wide screen, fluid animation, no reused scenes, latest animation technology, borrowed staff from Bones.

Even though Top wo Nerae! 2 is the best animated mecha anime ever, you shouldn't find 00 that bad.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 13:06   Link #202
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well for the 3 people left who still like Gundam 00 and haven't gotten on the latest "trainwreck" bandwagon, here's to the movie.

And I was so deluding myself that Gundam 00 could escape the trend. Not really it's fault though, just a sign of the times.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 13:11   Link #203
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
No, it's not.
Now it is the complaining about the animation of Gundam 00? What's next?
Uh you do know that this is the "Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating" thread right?

Anyways my opinion still stands liked season one while found season two really dissapointing. Never said about a trainwreck.

Some scenes look badly drawn not many though...

ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 13:13   Link #204
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Oh lovely, here we go. Now we're doing the whole find one bad frame and make it out to be the standard thing. Man is this board going downhill fast.....

And I still say the same thing as I say to everyone else, the idea that the second season is some godawful POS is all in people's head. They've come to expect a "trainwreck" in these second seasons and so they end up going looking for it and fulfilling the notion of a "trainwreck" or weaker second season even though they might not be aware of it themselves. And now for something completely different, here's an example of a standard frame from Gundam 00 so as to counter this 4Chanesque level of image posting maturity:

Old 2009-04-14, 13:15   Link #205
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd like to point out that most of these cases of "Bad animation" are instances where you can't really even see it without zooming in. I just checked that second scene, and the faces of the characters are at a distance. Those instances don't need extremely detailed art, its not meant to.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:15   Link #206
shaolo

Sorry I am so later, but here is what I think about Gundam 00.
Like the mobile suits.
Like the characters, but need more personality.
Some character need more screen time.
Like the action.
Like the story.
And the like the use for the haros.

Overall 8, need some more work, but the show is good.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 13:23   Link #207
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Uh you do know that this is the "Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating" thread right?

Anyways my opinion still stands liked season one while found season two really dissapointing. Never said about a trainwreck.

Some scenes look badly drawn not many though...
Yes, and I also know this is not "Let's try to find what we can complain about Gundam 00" thread.
It's not appropriated in this thread, but if you want I can just grab a random anime and we will have a lot of badly drawn scenes like you said. I just wonder why did only Gundam or CG got this kind of nitpicking
Old 2009-04-14, 13:25   Link #208
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'd like to point out that most of these cases of "Bad animation" are instances where you can't really even see it without zooming in. I just checked that second scene, and the faces of the characters are at a distance. Those instances don't need extremely detailed art, its not meant to.
Oh so it is one of the zoomed in ones as I expected. See that's an extremely popular thing on /m/. The idea is to post "QUALITY" pictures from mecha anime scenes, but people cheat and just post zoomed in + resized pictures of certain frames to make it look like a full capture, which is a really easy way to make a shows animation look far worse than it is. What episode is it from anyway?
Old 2009-04-14, 13:28   Link #209
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Oh so it is one of the zoomed in ones as I expected. See that's an extremely popular thing on /m/. The idea is to post "QUALITY" pictures from mecha anime scenes, but people cheat and just post zoomed in + resized pictures of certain frames to make it look like a full capture, which is a really easy way to make a shows animation look far worse than it is. What episode is it from anyway?
Episode 11, during the scene where Sumeragi confronts Lasse about his GN-Particle poisoning.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:46   Link #210
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Yes, and I also know this is not "Let's try to find what we can complain about Gundam 00" thread.
It's not appropriated in this thread, but if you want I can just grab a random anime and we will have a lot of badly drawn scenes like you said. I just wonder why did only Gundam or CG got this kind of nitpicking
Different fan types mostly. Mecha fans are really nitpicky. I used to be that way too, but I learned to pick my battles lest I never get any enjoyment out of anything.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:50   Link #211
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Different fantypes mostly. Mecha fans are really nitpicky. I used to be that way too, but I learned to pick my battles lest I never get any enjoyment out of anything.
Picky in what ways?

I'm sure all my life watching mecha I just absorb all their goodness like a plant absorbing nutrients, I don't find myself having anything to be picky with lol

I don't get why would people get bothered so much by the negative side of things, I choose to appreciate the positive more and let it outweigh the negative.

Old 2009-04-14, 14:40   Link #212
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Picky in what ways?

I'm sure all my life watching mecha I just absorb all their goodness like a plant absorbing nutrients, I don't find myself having anything to be picky with lol

I don't get why would people get bothered so much by the negative side of things, I choose to appreciate the positive more and let it outweigh the negative.
Well for some people unless the show is exactly the way they want it is crap.
Old 2009-04-14, 14:44   Link #213
kakakka

Seems those people only see things in black and white....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:25   Link #214
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
So apparently the Federation is pushed out of 30 Bunch
Titans come in and kill everyone
Federation never check up on it

Once again that is what a retarded person would do.

Give me one valid reason why the Federation wouldn't check up on 30 Bunch
Quote:

Those who know are (a) not in the EF, or (b) complicit in the acts and cover up.
Do you even read others' posts?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:39   Link #215
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Do you even read others' posts?
Did you read my post?

The reason those dumbasses know nothing is because they never bothered to check up on it.

Who was in charge of the Federation at the time? The Titans? The Titans had no authority to block an investigation of thirty bunch. The only way the Titans could stop the Federation from investigating Thirty Bunch like a sane government would do would be to attack any attempt by the Federation.

If you where in dharge of the Federation and a riot happened at Thirty Bunch and the riot was supressed by the Titans would you not check up on what happened after?

Answer the actual question!

Why did the Federation never investigate Thirty Bunch!

Why did no one investigate Thirty Bunch?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:40   Link #216
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

To those that are discussing animation, I saw a slight decrease in animation quality in S2 compared to S1, and that was without pausing playback.
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:44   Link #217
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The economic crisis does affect the anime industry, so if there's really a slight drop in animation, I'm not surprised.

It will get fixed in DVDs anyway.

Old 2009-04-14, 18:08   Link #218
nutype
Future MD

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The economic crisis does affect the anime industry, so if there's really a slight drop in animation, I'm not surprised.

It will get fixed in DVDs anyway.
lol everyone blames the economy for everything.

i think ppl complaining about bad animation in 00 are simply spoiled rotten. Even in S1 there were instances where the animation quality dropped but it's really not that important. It certainly isnt a good argument to make if you want to trash the series based on a few drops in animation...Just compare S2 00 to destiny where they reused scenes all the time. 00 rapes all gundam shows in animation period.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:14   Link #219
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
lol everyone blames the economy for everything.

i think ppl complaining about bad animation in 00 are simply spoiled rotten. Even in S1 there were instances where the animation quality dropped but it's really not that important. It certainly isnt a good argument to make if you want to trash the series based on a few drops in animation...Just compare S2 00 to destiny where they reused scenes all the time. 00 rapes all gundam shows in animation period.
Just want to check whether you know that I was actually in defense of the animation. Do read the previous page as well if you don't know I'm actually one of those who think 00 has some of the best animation of all Gundam.

Old 2009-04-14, 18:29   Link #220
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Did you read my post?

The reason those dumbasses know nothing is because they never bothered to check up on it.

Who was in charge of the Federation at the time? The Titans? The Titans had no authority to block an investigation of thirty bunch. The only way the Titans could stop the Federation from investigating Thirty Bunch like a sane government would do would be to attack any attempt by the Federation.
Yes, they do have the authority to black on investigation. The Titan's undue influence over the Earth Federation forces and politics is a major part of the series, culminating in the Federation Assembly in Dakar when the truth of the Titan's actions is finally released to the world and when the Federation Assembly actually realizes who their protectors are and what they do.

Jamitov, who heads the Titans, is a powerful enough man to stop any and all attempts by the better minded people of the Federation to put checks on the Titan's power while continually raising the specter of Zeon to give his private army more power and autonomy.

Quote:
If you where in dharge of the Federation and a riot happened at Thirty Bunch and the riot was supressed by the Titans would you not check up on what happened after?
The people who called in the Titans are complicit in the coverup. The official story of 30 bunch, to those who know about it at all, was a catastrophic accident, and the Titan leadership has the ability to keep even that much on the down low.

Quote:

Why did the Federation never investigate Thirty Bunch!

Why did no one investigate Thirty Bunch?
Because the Titans covered it up, because Jamitov has that pull inside the EF. That was only shown in the series, like, half a dozen times.

It's the same reason that the Titans can nuke Jaburo, carpet bomb Hong Kong, and launch a surprise attack on the Lunar City of Von Braun; they have that much power. Anything they do in the name of opposing insurgents, they can cover up. What they can't is then blamed on terrorists and zeon sympathizers.

Quote:
Answer the actual question!
Hilarious from the guy who's led the conversation so far away from his initial and STILL unsupported claims of how Gundam 00's government is as retarded as the Atlantic Federation in Seed and Destiny (forgetting that you didn't even understand the events of Gundam Seed and Destiny). If you consent to answering the actual question, I'll gladly take Zeta talk to the Zeta thread.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote