AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-02, 22:58   Link #201
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

German declaration of war came first, on 11 Dec. That was what made Roosevelt's job easy.
"On the morning of December 11 the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States."

Well, we're trying to determine why the Fed didn't have a research programme. Makes me wish that VC was done Total War style. We already have a micro view of the war. Why not a macro?
Old 2009-09-02, 23:03   Link #202
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Germany declaration of war came first, on 11 Dec.
"On the morning of December 11 the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States."
America declared war against Japan on the 8th, and by extension, Germany as well.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 23:06   Link #203
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

This is where we disagree. The declaration on the 8th was only against Japan. Germany was not spelt out in the declaration. That came on the 11th. I read FDR's declaration during history class (and just now). FDR made it plainly clear that this declaration was against Japan, and did not include her Axis allies. In diplomatic circles, it's considered essential to have in black and white just exactly who you are fighting against. Japan's attacks without a formal declaration of war was already frowned upon.

It would be like declaring war on the major players within the Federation, rather than the whole Federation. You still have some leeway in getting the smaller nations on your side.
Old 2009-09-02, 23:13   Link #204
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
This is where we disagree. The declaration on the 8th was only against Japan. Germany was not spelt out in the declaration. That came on the 11th.
Oh come on, with all the facts before you plainly laying out FDR's grand strategy (including the infamous Rainbow Plan, detailing just that), do you honestly think, that even if Germany did not declare war on the US, the US would just let them slide? Never mind that the UK was already at war against Germany, and the US joined the Allies, not as a standalone faction like the Soviets.

And if you read FDR's speech immediately after the declaration of war against Japan, its more than obvious to anyone in the world at the time that the US was not planning to be a neutral observer of the European affairs.

The declaration of war on the 11th was nothing more than a formal redundancy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-02, 23:22   Link #205
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Without the German declaration, Roosevelt has to sell the war, to the population and Congress. That is the point. I never doubted that he had the "Europe first" strategy since the beginning. What matters is that Congress, and the American people, go along with it. Don't forget: he may be Commander-in-Chief, but the Senate has every possibility of not going along with attacking Germany without a German declaration of war. Granted, the delay may not be long, but still, there could be delays. Declarations of war are never taken lightly, more so in the US during 1941. Remember: even with German declaration, one member of Congress voted against a war with Germany.

Good thing we don't have democracies in VC. Otherwise, the politics would bore half the people to death.
Old 2009-09-03, 06:47   Link #206
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

As fascinating as this discussion is, it's at best tangentally related to VC as a whole and rather irrelevant in this thread. Take it to PM, please.
Old 2009-09-03, 07:20   Link #207
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
As fascinating as this discussion is, it's at best tangentally related to VC as a whole and rather irrelevant in this thread. Take it to PM, please.
Relax. It ended long ago. The forums here were abit quiet earlier on.
Old 2009-09-04, 03:39   Link #208
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://blog.valkyria.jp/

Welkin and Alicia confirmed to be returning along with Edy from this week's blog update.

But it unknown whether they will be playable units.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 03:42   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good news, especially Edy. Hope they're not playable units, just characters you meet in the storyline, though i wouldn't be that bothered if they're both.

Also that is quite possibly the best blog ever.
Old 2009-09-04, 15:23   Link #210
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Good news, especially Edy. Hope they're not playable units, just characters you meet in the storyline, though i wouldn't be that bothered if they're both.

Also that is quite possibly the best blog ever.
I am really not sure if thats actually a good thing, especially with Alicia returning.

I mean, should we give her lance and shield again?

- Tak

Old 2009-09-04, 16:06   Link #211
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am really not sure if thats actually a good thing, especially with Alicia returning.

I mean, should we give her lance and shield again?

- Tak
Don't know, but it could get interesting because... never you should make a mother get mad 'cause all hell can break loose.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 19:49   Link #212
jwai

I wonder what the interaction between Alicia and that new Valkyria would be like, since the new girl has a passing resemblance to Selvaria.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 19:52   Link #213
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
I wonder what the interaction between Alicia and that new Valkyria would be like, since the new girl has a passing resemblance to Selvaria.
Don't fall in love with some douche bag....like she did....and your life will be 100 times better.
Old 2009-09-04, 20:59   Link #214
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Don't fall in love with some douche bag....like she did....and your life will be 100 times better.
For our fellow readers, I guess you talk about the man who wanted to be an emperor.

About Edy, I hope she would be playable and my feeling would be she might take over Rosie's role into a squad since the story is now years later. It would be a treat to see what she and Homer have become now physically (for their personalities, I don't expect much of a change ).
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 03:29   Link #215
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
About Edy, I hope she would be playable and my feeling would be she might take over Rosie's role into a squad since the story is now years later. It would be a treat to see what she and Homer have become now physically (for their personalities, I don't expect much of a change ).
This is what i'm hoping, of course. If she's in Rosie's place, then her ego will be so much fun to watch.

& as long as she's still acting all tsundere around Homer, then i'll be happy.
Old 2009-09-05, 16:31   Link #216
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Why would anyone want Rosie replaced by anyone?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 16:33   Link #217
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Why would anyone want Rosie replaced by anyone?
Because Edy is better~

Old 2009-09-05, 17:21   Link #218
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Looks like this is a mere front for celestial being, whats next? Mamoru Miyano voicing the big bad?
Old 2009-09-05, 21:30   Link #219
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Because Edy is better~

Very no, actually.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 22:55   Link #220
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Very no, actually.
You never know. Edy might have changed a bit two years down the track.

At last report, Edy was trying to become a real actress at the end of VC. She might be a reverse Audie Murphy in VC2 LOL
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote