AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-29, 14:01   Link #81
GDB

Possibly, but I don't see it being the embarrassed type of tsundere, but more the proud kind. Ie: I'm a knight so I can't possibly be in love. Luckily, this kind usually isn't violent like the embarrassed type.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 14:16   Link #82
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Possibly, but I don't see it being the embarrassed type of tsundere, but more the proud kind. Ie: I'm a knight so I can't possibly be in love. Luckily, this kind usually isn't violent like the embarrassed type.
Well, she gave me a Marta vibe the most, maybe with a Chloe-influence for the knightly stuff.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 19:43   Link #83
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Million dollar question time: Alicia's gonna be a tsundere, isn't she?
probably not. I'm seeing a female Flynn in Alicia
Knightly Ideals, Love for her country and her people and Sense of Justice. But I can see she'd lack the confidence in ruling cause judging from her descrption, Her family doesn't see her as royalty.

anyway, Tales of... titles aren't necessarily love stories. There are lots of times where the Male MC and the Female MC didn't get together in the end.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 20:16   Link #84
GDB

Out of recent titles, the only one where that seems to be true is Vesperia. Unless you consider Sophie the female MC of Graces, but she and Cheria are pretty evenly matched there.
Old 2013-12-29, 21:10   Link #85
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Out of recent titles, the only one where that seems to be true is Vesperia. Unless you consider Sophie the female MC of Graces, but she and Cheria are pretty evenly matched there.
Yuri and Estelle never got together in the end. I haven't played Vesperia yet but I at least know that.

Graces on the other hand... Cheria and Asbel's love for each other was more apparent. What Asbel had for Sophie was more of a parental love. Heck, he even adopted Sophie into the Lhant family in the future arc.

Old 2013-12-29, 21:21   Link #86
n0m@n
C-Z

I hope its coming out in 2014.
But sounds like its planned for 2015 since it mentions that its 20th anniversary....
Old 2013-12-29, 21:27   Link #87
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I hope its coming out in 2014.
But sounds like its planned for 2015 since it mentions that its 20th anniversary....
It's coming out in 2014 no worries about that. They already finished a portion of the development process, much more than I expected anyways. :x
Old 2013-12-29, 21:40   Link #88
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
It's coming out in 2014 no worries about that. They already finished a portion of the development process, much more than I expected anyways. :x
Oh, its coming in 2014?
Sweet! One of the few games Im looking forward to in 2014!

Edit:
Oh, and the heroine is a princess aye?
The second heroine to be a princess in Tales series(I wont count the car-ear woman from ToR as a heroine nor a princess!).
But I certainly love the "Princess + Knight" type of heroines.
Old 2013-12-29, 21:45   Link #89
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Yuri and Estelle never got together in the end. I haven't played Vesperia yet but I at least know that.
I know. That's why I said your statement of the main male and female not getting together was only true for Vesperia.

Quote:
Graces on the other hand... Cheria and Asbel's love for each other was more apparent. What Asbel had for Sophie was more of a parental love. Heck, he even adopted Sophie into the Lhant family in the future arc.
I know, hence why I used it as an example to dispute your claim that Tales Of games aren't love stories.
Old 2013-12-29, 22:12   Link #90
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I know. That's why I said your statement of the main male and female not getting together was only true for Vesperia.
Only for Vesperia? Lloyd and Colette never happened in Symphonia, even in the sequel.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 22:32   Link #91
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I know, hence why I used it as an example to dispute your claim that Tales Of games aren't love stories.
ohh
well, what Shadow5YA said. It also applies to Xillia, I believe.

as for the second line, Graces' main plot isn't a love story. In fact, All of the tales of... titles' love stories are only secondary to the main plot. I don't think there's a Tales yet where the main focus is the love between the Male MC and Female MC

Old 2013-12-29, 23:54   Link #92
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Only for Vesperia? Lloyd and Colette never happened in Symphonia, even in the sequel.
The only reason it didn't officially happen is because the game allows you to choose your love interest. In all CD dramas, radio shows, and the OVA, they pair up (and Zelos/Sheena pair up too).

Quote:
It also applies to Xillia, I believe.
Not really. They clearly love each other, and it's a big part of the story. Just because they don't shack up doesn't mean they aren't paired up.

Quote:
as for the second line, Graces' main plot isn't a love story. In fact, All of the tales of... titles' love stories are only secondary to the main plot.
You didn't say "main plot", you said they aren't love stories and the main male and female usually don't pair up together in the end.

Quote:
I don't think there's a Tales yet where the main focus is the love between the Male MC and Female MC
Of course there isn't, because these aren't dating sims. Though you could make a strong case for Jude x Milla.
Old 2013-12-30, 03:08   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ratatosk x Marta is cute 0-3-0
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 21:48   Link #94
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The only reason it didn't officially happen is because the game allows you to choose your love interest. In all CD dramas, radio shows, and the OVA, they pair up (and Zelos/Sheena pair up too).
Love interest? Any male in your party can end up together with Lloyd in the ending along with some other story scenes. I'm not denying that Colette is the primary love interest, but Lloyd is far from an item with any character.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 03:19   Link #95
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

For reference on possible pair-ups:
-----
Cress and Mint: All but confirmed
Arche and Chester: Ship teased
Stahn and Rutee: Confirmed, with results
Leon's whole thing with Marian
Stahn's thing with that chick that was really playing him for a fool (it's rare we see that in rpg and I'd like more of it)
Reid and Farah: All but confirmed
Keele and Meredy: Pretty much Confirmed
Kyle and Reala: Confirmed
Loni and Nanaly: Ship Teased
Lloyd and any member of your party per your choosing and effort to push it in that direction (it's not even that the guys are gay, just bros for life)
Senel, Stella and Shirley: Pissed several people off with all that crap
Luke and Tear, Asch and Natalia: Tragic relationship

Yuri and every girl in the party: Platonic but pretty much has UST with all of them.
Asbel and Cheria: Confirmed
Jude and Milla: One sided, to start with, and we haven't even gotten to Xillia 2 yet.

EDIT: Forgot Hearts, Shing and Kohak: Confirmed, Hisui and Richea: Tragic if I recall it right, was in Japanese
---
Credits to Ghoul111 from gamefaqs
DotnW and a few other titles are missing, but EmilxMarta: confirmed.

Anyway, I'm always giddy about romance in Tales (or other rpgs if the makers bother with hints and subtlety), but as with other cases: It's only enjoyable if it's not happening out of the blue or in a "forced" fashion. Even for a sub-development (seeing that nontless the party has mostly more pressing matters to attend, unless it's the calm before the storm).

Back to topic: I still need to play Graces F and Xilia, but I always welcome a new English Tales of for my PS3 .
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 09:07   Link #96
GDB

And if you go by ancillary material for Symphonia, as I said, Lloyd x Colette is confirmed and Zelos x Sheena is confirmed.

Also, Xillia 2 is full of love stories. Pretty much everyone but Elize and Elle gets one, I think, but we all already know Elize has an unrequited love for Jude anyway.
Old 2014-01-02, 22:38   Link #97
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Leia and Alvin is an item now? And Ludger also didn't get one with named character right?
Old 2014-01-02, 22:48   Link #98
GDB

Leia and Alvin are weird, in that there's far more chemistry between them than most other characters, yet they aren't actually a couple. They do get (kind of) love stories, though, just not with each other.

Ludger definitely gets one with a named character, and one sort of off screen with a minor named character. Beyond that is spoilers, so I don't go any further into him.
Old 2014-01-03, 08:26   Link #99
hamazura
whatever

nah its more like lolicon alvin x elize
Old 2014-01-03, 13:31   Link #100
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, let's try to keep the discussion on Zestiria instead of shipping.