AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 10:53   Link #641
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I just don't get what's up with a lot of manga these days. The endings in a good 50% of them are horrible, open-ended messes with no closure. Reminds me of when I finished Ranma 1/2. I was like "That's it? That's all we get after 36 volumes? A return to status quo?" Ugh.

Seriously, if more manga had endings like Full Metal Alchemist where things were resolved, characters really grew up and plot lines were finished, the manga world would be a much better place.
Old 2012-11-08, 10:59   Link #642
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I just don't get what's up with a lot of manga these days. The endings in a good 50% of them are horrible, open-ended messes with no closure. Reminds me of when I finished Ranma 1/2. I was like "That's it? That's all we get after 36 volumes? A return to status quo?" Ugh.

Seriously, if more manga had endings like Full Metal Alchemist where things were resolved, characters really grew up and plot lines were finished, the manga world would be a much better place.
I think the issue here is that people want too much closure. Some times things can end openly, you don't need to know every single detail at the end, otherwise you get endings of Harry Potter or Digimon season 2. I find endings like this rather acceptable. Though personally, I wish this ending had a little more emotional impact.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 11:06   Link #643
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I think the issue here is that people want too much closure. Some times things can end openly, you don't need to know every single detail at the end, otherwise you get endings of Harry Potter or Digimon season 2. I find endings like this rather acceptable. Though personally, I wish this ending had a little more emotional impact.
I thought leaving it open ended with enough closure worked well for Reborn, you don't need all the details especially something like he digimon 02 ending completely unnecessary.
Old 2012-11-08, 15:27   Link #644
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

I think it's also about the Magazine pressuring the artist.The ending seemed too rushed,you would expect a complicated ending with tons of plot twists/power-ups/developments on the way,here it was just so simple and fast,and the guy that was like the Major boss in the series,he's the reason that all the rings/pacifiers/mafia families exist,he's the reason for the countless life/death experiences they have all encountered,yet he's turned into a good guy in 1 chapter = awesome.

Although i find it strange,Reborn is a pretty popular series in Japan i think.

But i agree with you about endings,so many good shows/series have shitty endings,with many questions and mysteries.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 16:26   Link #645
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...really reminds me of Negima. The only difference is that unlike Negima, I didn't rage hard when reading this last chapter.

Doesn't mean it's a good ending though. The ending basically ignores all Tsuna's development as a person in the manga and pull all that comrade thing to signify his supposed 'development'. I know it's a shonen manga where it's all about courage and friendship, but it's really painful to see an ending like that.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 20:13   Link #646
kitten320

That's it?
0% of progress since chapter 1?

Ok 10%...

I mean really? Tsuna is still useless, Reborn is still small, Tsuna still didn't confess, majority of characters are still idiots and Hibari still has 0 personality...

What a waste of a manga!
I knew I didn't like anime for a reason!
How this manages to remain among top series is beyond my understanding. World surely is falling into oblivion -_-
Old 2012-11-08, 22:34   Link #647
II Maestro

The ending was rush. Too bad I was really looking forward to what their future self is like.
Old 2012-11-09, 01:35   Link #648
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Negima had actual soul to it, once this series hit the time traveling arc things got far too convoluted for its own good.

While I enjoyed it to an extent this ending was awful. It's not even an ending, the manga just stopped.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:14   Link #649
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

I'm pretty sure, the actual ending is in the next issue of Shonen jump. It comes out November 12th. This is just the second to last chapter. At least, that's if I understand correctly.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 06:03   Link #650
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
I'm pretty sure, the actual ending is in the next issue of Shonen jump. It comes out November 12th. This is just the second to last chapter. At least, that's if I understand correctly.
I hope so, but I know the rankings that came out have the current chapter listed as the end. I haven't seen anything about another chapter.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:12   Link #651
Johnny
Working the bags...

Chapter 409 is the last chapter...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 09:30   Link #652
Aqua Knight

I read manga till the moment of Buykuran defeat - after it became too complex to follow.
But now after reading this chapter I feel that it was a right decision to drop it.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:56   Link #653
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
This is the last chapter. It ended with a thank you message on the last page, there is no more. Of course, Amano could add an epilogue in the tankobon release.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 13:01   Link #654
darkone45

Anyone want to translate this ?

NEW天野明展in京都は、夏の天野明展とは異なる新たなイベントになります。
原画数は数倍に増え、限定グッズも新たに天野先生が多数描き下ろし&デザイン!
更にREBORN!CAST同窓会映像や、エルドライブCAST座談会映像も限定放映!未公開企画も盛り沢 山!続報をお待ち下さい!

https://twitter.com/amano_akira_/sta...469760?lang=en

has something to do with the 10th anniversary
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 13:04   Link #655
LevelSeven

^google translator says this:
Quote:
NEW Amano Aki in Kyoto will be a new event different from Summer's Amano Akira.
The number of original images has increased several times, and a limited number of goods are newly drawn down by Amano Professor & Design!
In addition, REBORN! CAST Alumni Society image and El Drive CAST roundtable movie are also broadcast limited! A lot of unpublished projects too! Please wait for the next report!
as far as i can get it is a attempt to milk everything out that they still can about this story...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 13:32   Link #656
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^google translator says this:

as far as i can get it is a attempt to milk everything out that they still can about this story...
Wait dose that mean Reborn cast will be at Jump festa ?!
Old 2016-12-15, 14:33   Link #657
LevelSeven

^no idea, im not really that interested in things outside stuff that involves the story :/
Old 2016-12-15, 15:20   Link #658
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^no idea, im not really that interested in things outside stuff that involves the story :/
if the Cast is coming back for the 10th anniversary, means the anime is most likely coming back.
Old 2016-12-16, 01:01   Link #659
LevelSeven

^oh THAT would be awesome, i would love it if they finish the last arcs
Old 2016-12-16, 02:17   Link #660
Sacredus

I really doubt it will be anime since manga ended long time ago and they don't have nothing to promote with new series. I would be happy with just some special chapter since ending was some random... or rather just bad (just wanted to see Tsuna accepting his role as family head after all of this).

Anyway, we can expect everything, just look at what happened to Panty and Stocking few days ago. So since anime staff is in there... pachinko machine announcement maybe?
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shonen