5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-04, 20:18   Link #281
hero147

Eh, If you think CG sucks, it would be nice to stop watching for those who are making a REALLY BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS. Am I the only one who hated Death note? Everything in DN is like a blur none of it made sense to me. Light and L and L's successors seemed to overcomplicate everything. Like Light comes up with 50 different reasons to why L moved his hand. Useless IMO.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:20   Link #282
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Eh, If you think CG sucks, it would be nice to stop watching for those who are making a REALLY BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS. Am I the only one who hated Death note? Everything in DN is like a blur none of it made sense to me. Light and L and L's successors seemed to overcomplicate everything. Like Light comes up with 50 different reasons to why L moved his hand. Useless IMO.
Now lets stop this stupid fighting before MODS banhammer us all.
If you dont like it stop watching
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:22   Link #283
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Still 20 episodes to go I guess. I just think there are better things to spend the time we have with episodes than on fanservices.
Meh, given how heavy the series can be I find them a nice change of pace, I mean honestly I'd go over the events of death note to a tee where my head felt like it would explode. And really, I felt the whole issue of fanservice was well wrapped in with the basic comedy and humor as well, so it kept a usually dark theme light and helps my relax after a long day of soaking up various dramatic implications
Old 2008-05-04, 20:23   Link #284
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Heh, was a good comedic episode.

So Lulu just shanghaied Viletta into joining the BK's, interesting to be sure heh.

Mmm all hail Governer Nunnally? That was a devious trap Suzaku set up then, oh if only Lulu could hold his cool with a shock like that. It would surely take some inhuman willpower thats for sure.
Old 2008-05-04, 20:26   Link #285
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Liked this episode, didn't really notice much fanservice (except the little with Viletta). What annoys me is how Lelouch treats C.C (she looked sad when she was in the car), she's treated terribly and Lelouch thinks nothing of it. Sometimes he's nice and sincere (last season) but he's been horrible so far. I was floored by the Suzaku/Nunnally thing as I didn't see that coming. I have no idea how Lelouch will get out of that...
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:28   Link #286
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
I have no idea how Lelouch will get out of that...
I reckon a timely Rolo intervention if he cannot control himself and Suzaku is about to spin-kick him again. Since there's basically no other way I can think of that doesn't involve leaping over the side of the building, he is after all no match for him in any sort of hand-to-hand.
Old 2008-05-04, 20:30   Link #287
J4Y

I don't feel like it was forced or anything, it fit nicely with where they are in the current stasis of things. I enjoyed it, it'll make the darker, more serious episodes later that much more epic.

Last edited by J4Y; 2008-05-04 at 20:31. Reason: sp
J4Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:30   Link #288
gabbytay
Banned

next week will probably see
Lelouche: huh...... (light laugh with anger) are you joking governor general / who might you be?
Nunnaly: nii-sama you dont remember me , it me nunnaly?
Lelouch: I think you've mistaken me for another person.
Nunnaly: (Evil face and will kill anyone who messed up her nii-sama's memory) <_<
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:33   Link #289
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
next week will probably see
Lelouche: huh...... (light laugh with anger) are you joking governor general / who might you be?
Nunnaly: nii-sama you dont remember me , it me nunnaly?
Lelouch: I think you've mistaken me for another person.
Nunnaly: (Evil face and will kill anyone who messed up her nii-sama's memory) <_<
I'd have some real respect for Lelouch if just dropped the act completely though.

Still, that seems a little unlikely, since it might endanger his life and more importantly Nunnally's. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:34   Link #290
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
Liked this episode, didn't really notice much fanservice (except the little with Viletta). What annoys me is how Lelouch treats C.C (she looked sad when she was in the car), she's treated terribly and Lelouch thinks nothing of it. Sometimes he's nice and sincere (last season) but he's been horrible so far. I was floored by the Suzaku/Nunnally thing as I didn't see that coming. I have no idea how Lelouch will get out of that...
Don't expect him to be nicer anytime soon. Besides, it was a random thing that happened. He treats her more harshly than anyone else, so I don't expect that to change. She's used to it anyway.

Am I the only one who somehow thought Suzaku was looking pretty good this episode with his whole goal and all. He's still just forcing his beliefs on everyone else, but if he gained control I think he might do okay.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:34   Link #291
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I reckon a timely Rolo intervention if he cannot control himself and Suzaku is about to spin-kick him again. Since there's basically no other way I can think of that doesn't involve leaping over the side of the building, he is after all no match for him in any sort of hand-to-hand.
He can just say he doesn't know who Nunnally is. Which is the most likely thing that's going to happen.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:35   Link #292
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Mmm all hail Governer Nunnally? That was a devious trap Suzaku set up then, oh if only Lulu could hold his cool with a shock like that. It would surely take some inhuman willpower thats for sure.
It's a good thing he turned around beforehand, otherwise he'd already be suffering from a spin kick. But Suzaku's glare is shooting daggers from behind - he's likely already convinced himself of Lulu's return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
He can just say he doesn't know who Nunnally is. Which is the most likely thing that's going to happen.
I don't really see any alternatives either. He will just convince himself that he'll make it up to Nunnally when he recovers her, and that he'll take vengeance on Suzaku in due time.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:37   Link #293
KrimzonStriker

Yeah, I was impressed with Suzaku myself as well this episode, very cold and ruthless trick. I liked it, about time Lelouch learned to be a little more humble after what happened in Turn 4 with Rolo
Old 2008-05-04, 20:39   Link #294
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The trick was a very nice move on his part. The perfect way to lead Lelouch into a trap.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-04, 20:42   Link #295
FuzzyWuzzy

They really like to show Kallen's behind. Anyway, this is the same as Season 1 when Zero tried to get the cat. I forgot already if that was the exact episode. This anime can't have action every episode, it will just get old. We already saw the height of the action in ep 4. They were slowly building up to it and it didn't disappoint. Now they have to slowly build up the action again.

In this episode, although they rushed it a little bit, Rollo has completely sided with Lelouch. He completely trusts him. He told him about the weakness of his geass. This is further reinforced when he pointed a gun at Villeta.

Villeta seems to have fallen as well. I knew Zero would use Ohgi x Villeta to his advantage.

Atlast we see Nunnally. WOW Suzaku, although I really hate him, it seems he has a good plan on his shoulders. Nunnaly being the governor is a surprised. Now how is Lelouch going to respond to this surprising predicament? It is probable that he is going to deny that he knows Nunnaly. I want to see next weeks episode already.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:42   Link #296
KrimzonStriker

That looks to be a literal statement given Turn 6 Dann, you'd think being a genius he would have seen as much happening later >_>
Old 2008-05-04, 20:43   Link #297
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Just finished watching, and my first reaction is:

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH DAAAAAAAAMN!

This is the first episode I gave 10/10 so far. There was a ton of quality bits to it.

First, as usual, Villetta (since I have probably the biggest anime-crush I've ever had on her, and I have NO idea why... she's not even a main character). The swimsuit = quality. And I figure that having appeared in all 5 episodes so far, she definitely has a real part to the overall story.

Spoiler:

Next, the school fair. By far, the other students are the comic focal of this series. I love the insanity of a fair put on by Millay.

Then... Arthur is back! w00t! Yay cats! Yay biting of Suzaku! Despite him being one of my favorite characters... lol Sometimes cats just don't like you. That's why I love cats.

Finally, C.C. and Pizza has returned! The world's biggest pizza and she just breaks out into the open. I love Lulu's reaction, then pushing her into the tomatoes, etc... So quality. She's probably my 3rd favorite character. I wish I had a C.C. roaming around Penn State like that, eating all pizza around.

Quality episode.

My one question, in the beginning... I must've forgotten from last episode, but there weren't that many OotBK folks on "parade" in front of the embassy... So where did the ridiculous horde of them come from when Zero addresses them in the beginning?

And my answer to the end of the episode:

I think what Suzaku did was totally fair game. It's not like he's hurting her or planning to.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:44   Link #298
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, yes I know it is apparent given that. If you are speaking of Lelouch in that comment, he is so blinded by the fact he could take back Nunnally right there that he wouldn't stop to consider things.

Old 2008-05-04, 20:46   Link #299
KrimzonStriker

Hope he gets a good and nice shock to wake him up then
Old 2008-05-04, 20:46   Link #300
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Don't expect him to be nicer anytime soon. Besides, it was a random thing that happened. He treats her more harshly than anyone else, so I don't expect that to change. She's used to it anyway.

Am I the only one who somehow thought Suzaku was looking pretty good this episode with his whole goal and all. He's still just forcing his beliefs on everyone else, but if he gained control I think he might do okay.
He used Nunnally. He can go ahead and die. -_-
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote