AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-06-16, 18:53   Link #481
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So there are no, "damn that sarcastic bastard" kind of guy in Clannad? I find those kind of protagonist very admirable.
just watch yuuichi until your brain exploads with sarcasm overload

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 20:30   Link #482
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Tomoya is quite interesting to say the least XD Youhei is soo funny, such a dork.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 20:35   Link #483
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You know i'm going to choose Yukito. :3
That's what I would've said too, until I played CLANNAD.
No, really though, I think both guys are great. Although Yukito's Michiru-abusing and Tomoya's Fuuko-mastering is not so nice.

←a Fuuko Master

Quote:
So there are no, "damn that sarcastic bastard" kind of guy in Clannad? I find those kind of protagonist very admirable.
You probably don't have to worry about that. I think other kagikkos will agree with me when I say CLANNAD has the best male cast yet, with twice the sarcasm, three times the tsukkomi, and ten times the laughs.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 21:19   Link #484
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Reason as to why i need to play CLANNAD. Listening to the soundtrack isn't good enough.

Quote:
No, really though, I think both guys are great. Although Yukito's Michiru-abusing and Tomoya's Fuuko-mastering is not so nice.
Look at it from certain angles, it becomes pretty funny. But yeah, enough of that guys.

Quote:
You probably don't have to worry about that. I think other kagikkos will agree with me when I say CLANNAD has the best male cast yet, with twice the sarcasm, three times the tsukkomi, and ten times the laughs.
Even more reason as to why i need to play CLANNAD now! D:
Old 2007-06-18, 23:57   Link #485
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
I'll trust your word. That was one of the reasons why I'm avoiding School Days (although I'll still read blogs of it just to see if any of the violent bad ends make it in).
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 11:24   Link #486
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Pardon me for being a bit late on this thread, I know Kyo-Ani are working on the anime, but is their "Coming Soon" referring to this year (2007) or next (2008)? Cause I see MOONPHASE marking CLANNAD for the 2007 slot.

http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html

I'm still of the opinion that AIR can never be surpassed for its intricate plot and its awesome protagonist, so I'm undecided whether to start playing CLANNAD, if Tomoya's half the cool guy Yukito is and half as sarcastic as Yuuichi, then I may consider parting with my cash.

Yukito is undoubtedly the most impressive bishoujo game protagonist ever, Yuuichi can only trail a distant second, while the remaining protagonist from other various games are wimps of various magnitudes, with that guy from School Days allegedly being at the bottom pile of the scale (according to Omni from Random Curiosity and the School Days wikipedia entry anyway).
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 13:32   Link #487
rg4619

Quote:
That was one of the reasons why I'm avoiding School Days (although I'll still read blogs of it just to see if any of the violent bad ends make it in).
You're missing the point then. The protagonist of School Days isn't supposed to be someone whom you can respect (many eroge stories feature losers to appeal to the target audience, but they're rarely 100% irredeemable). He's a contemptible loser, which is necessary for this kind of story to proceed.

While we'll have to wait and see how the anime series plays out, the game isn't a sweet romance or drama of any sort. It's about a guy's chronic (sexual) infidelity and the ensuing turmoil that results. You watch it to see some pain and stupidity, even if things sort themselves out at the end.

[In short, there're different types of stories. In terms of computer games, take Leisure Suit Larry, for example. The guy was intentionally created to be an eternal loser. At the end of each game, Larry scores with a woman (whom always ditches him soon at the start of the next game and whom is quite flawed herself). However, the stories aren't about romance, but center on all the funny, humiliating situations he ends up in. Larry is there for you to laugh at, not to respect.]

Quote:
Pardon me for being a bit late on this thread, I know Kyo-Ani are working on the anime, but is their "Coming Soon" referring to this year (2007) or next (2008)?
There's no announced date yet. However, I'd expect 2007.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 18:56   Link #488
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I'm still of the opinion that AIR can never be surpassed for its intricate plot and its awesome protagonist
That's what I would've said too, until I played CLA(ry

Quote:
if Tomoya's half the cool guy Yukito is and half as sarcastic as Yuuichi, then I may consider parting with my cash.
I'm a Tomoya-lover, so my answer to this is obvious. I think the most important thing here is the fact that CLANND has much more of a real-life spin to it than Kanon or AIR. As a result, Tomoya appeared to me as much more of a realistic character than Yukito or Yuuichi.

From the way Tomoya carried himself through school life, he has already established himself to be a likable character, but it was his life journey in the After Story that pushed him way beyond the reaches of Yukito or Yuuichi, I think.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 23:53   Link #489
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
There's no announced date yet. However, I'd expect 2007.
Yup, I agree. The timing of the movie and "Invitation" disc are just perfect to segue into a Fall (October) 2007 TV series start. Strike while the iron is hot, as they say. It's not announced yet, of course, but I'd be willing to bet on it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 00:27   Link #490
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Looks like ANN might be right after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
just watch yuuichi until your brain exploads with sarcasm overload
Yuuichi is too much of a player for my taste... Kyon on the other hand... grrrrr!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 04:12   Link #491
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I was expecting Clannad to air after Lucky Star as well... it's a good build up in my mind and KyoAni will definitely not lose momentum.

But I really would like to see something like another FMP from them or something in the near future... the thought of Shimokawa Mikuni doing the theme songs is enough to whet my appetite.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 08:35   Link #492
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:

With the help of another Clannad fan, I see your Fuuko Mastery and raise you some Tomoyo love.

That being said, there was something that struck me when I first saw Tomoyo. Of course, all the other girls were cute and all, but Tomoyo had this uniqueness that caught my eye. Maybe it was her hair color and length.. THAT, plus her seemingly "tough outside but softhearted" attitude got me hooked on her.

That being said, I'll be watching out for her when the anime rolls along.

/endwaxinglyricalaboutTomoyo
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 10:30   Link #493
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
But I really would like to see something like another FMP from them or something in the near future... the thought of Shimokawa Mikuni doing the theme songs is enough to whet my appetite.
Same here! In fact, I am hoping their next project will be either Haruhi or FMP, the two series that I truly appreciate from KyoAni's increasing list of shows.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 10:44   Link #494
velocity7

Quote:
Looks like ANN might be right after all.

Yuuichi is too much of a player for my taste... Kyon on the other hand... grrrrr!
If Yuuichi was too much of a player... watch out for Tomoya.

Also, I already had ANN remove the vintage date, as there was no actual confirmation for when the series would be aired. Better to leave speculation off the main page. And although it's optimistic to think it'll air this year, we better take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
I'm still of the opinion that AIR can never be surpassed for its intricate plot and its awesome protagonist, so I'm undecided whether to start playing CLANNAD, if Tomoya's half the cool guy Yukito is and half as sarcastic as Yuuichi, then I may consider parting with my cash.
Oh man.
Old 2007-06-20, 10:50   Link #495
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
so I'm undecided whether to start playing CLANNAD, if Tomoya's half the cool guy Yukito is and half as sarcastic as Yuuichi, then I may consider parting with my cash.
Similiar to Yuuichi, Tomoya can be caring and mischievous at the same time. http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...annad:SEEN6421

Spoiler for Major highlights:

Quote:
I'm a Tomoya-lover, so my answer to this is obvious. I think the most important thing here is the fact that CLANND has much more of a real-life spin to it than Kanon or AIR. As a result, Tomoya appeared to me as much more of a realistic character than Yukito or Yuuichi.
I think they are all very similar (character-wise) However, Tomoya had the opportunities to go beyond where the other two don't:
Spoiler for Game materials:

Quote:
From the way Tomoya carried himself through school life, he has already established himself to be a likable character
No, there had been several occasions (e.g. Kyou's arc) when I would like to punch him in the face......
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 10:58   Link #496
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
there had been several occasions (e.g. Kyou's arc) when I would like to punch him in the face......
Kyou seriously needs a rewrite for her arc, something more plausible as a romance story that doesn't put Tomoya out of character.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:39   Link #497
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^Makes me very sad, since Kyou is my favorite character design in the TV version. T_T

Oh well, there's always my original favorite, Tomoyo. ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 12:34   Link #498
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post

Oh man.
What do you mean "oh man"? Elaborate, please.

I still think Fall 2007 is a bit too soon for the series, especially with some here raving on about it's "epic long" story. Maybe Winter 2008 (January) is more likely.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 13:10   Link #499
velocity7

Quote:
What do you mean "oh man"? Elaborate, please.
Let's just say... Yuuichi and Yukito can't match up to his character. Though Sunohara has a lot to do with that.

Oh and Kinny, you're still part of Baka-Tsuki right? You do know of the CLANNAD project?
Old 2007-06-20, 13:23   Link #500
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
^Makes me very sad, since Kyou is my favorite character design in the TV version. T_T
Then perhaps I can make you a bit happier again, my favorite scenario in the game (not counting the Afterstory) was easily Kyou's and Kotomi's. To bad that Tomoyo's scenario is the most uneventful one if you're not counting Tomoyo After.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen