AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-27, 03:50   Link #61
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I've only watched up to the end of Fuko's arc (i.e. finished Ep 9), but there is one thing that is bugging me, or that I missed completely...

Spoiler for Fuko's story:

And if it's been answered in ep. 10-12, I apologise... haha...
Old 2007-12-27, 03:51   Link #62
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I've only watched up to the end of Fuko's arc (i.e. finished Ep 9), but there is one thing that is bugging me, or that I missed completely...

Spoiler for Fuko's story:

And if it's been answered in ep. 10-12, I apologise... haha...

Technically, no.

But then, is having no brain activity living?
Old 2007-12-27, 04:48   Link #63
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Technically, no.

But then, is having no brain activity living?
Brings up all sorts of ethical issues... ... thanks though.
Old 2007-12-27, 05:32   Link #64
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Normally it does bring up all sorts of ethical issues, but if a coma patient is spirtually up and walking around, then I would seriously hesitate to ever rule dead until her heart stops. Fuko breaks the usual ethical dilemma.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-27, 16:46   Link #65
MuMyung

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I'm sure she does like Tomoya and appreciates him as a friend, she's just bad at expressing herself.
Perhaps you are right. ^^ I just wished she would have at least said something like that in her own words, maybe even just to Nagisa if she's embarrassed about it, but instead what we see and hear is something opposite. It all comes down to Nagisa trying to convince him that Fuko likes and appreciates him, not very convincingly.

Some pics I just saw

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-10, 16:22   Link #66
Rookie103

Fuko is win. They've managed to make a character that nearly everyone, if not everyone, loves.
Old 2008-01-10, 17:18   Link #67
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie103 View Post
Fuko is win. They've managed to make a character that nearly everyone, if not everyone, loves.
Well using Ayu as a base but making Fuko more confident rather than shy, and also adding how niave she is makes it great combination.
Old 2008-01-10, 17:33   Link #68
Khaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie103 View Post
My feelings, too, but sadly the favorite characters poll doesn't agree with this.
Old 2008-01-11, 04:57   Link #69
Rookie103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
My feelings, too, but sadly the favorite characters poll doesn't agree with this.
I don't see how Tomoyo Sakagami has more votes than Fuko seeing as you barely see her in the anime.
Old 2008-02-02, 15:48   Link #70
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Fu-chan is just adorable and completely random! What's not to like? I really enjoyed her random appearances, as well as her love for starfish.
Old 2008-02-02, 17:41   Link #71
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Her random appearances since the end of her storyline are certainly made of win. They always make me laugh. She's definitely the funniest "mostly dead" girl I have ever seen.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-02, 17:53   Link #72
Rookie103

She definatly still is my favourite character, though she could do a but more in her random appearances, they're starting to become pointless.
Old 2008-02-02, 18:18   Link #73
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Of course they are pointless!! Nobody is capable of remembering her for more than a few seconds so a continuing storyline is completely impossible. Unless she gets back some more brain activity she's good for nothing except for comedy relief.

Old 2008-02-02, 18:33   Link #74
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
i love her random appearances because she tries her best to help everyone but it usually fails and she just walks off screen as if nothing happened. Plus her entrance is absolutely KAWAII~
Old 2008-02-02, 18:49   Link #75
nanaman
Musician guy

Am I the only one that doesn't like her random appearances? Ok, it's not like I dislike the character, nor do I favor her that much, it's just that, can't they just let her rest? I mean, it's not like she plays a role in the series after everyone's forgotten about her so it just feels kind of weird to have her appear when she's not even supposed to be there. The random appearances do, well, feel pretty much too random to me.
Old 2008-02-02, 19:43   Link #76
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaman View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't like her random appearances? Ok, it's not like I dislike the character, nor do I favor her that much, it's just that, can't they just let her rest? I mean, it's not like she plays a role in the series after everyone's forgotten about her so it just feels kind of weird to have her appear when she's not even supposed to be there. The random appearances do, well, feel pretty much too random to me.
Hmm... I guess you get both sides to this argument. After Air and slightly less in Kanon, people were complaining that the other heroines of the story get dumped after their arcs and are never heard of again. With Fuko, her story allows it so that you know she's at least still around and hasn't completely disappeared off the face of the Earth.
Old 2008-02-02, 19:47   Link #77
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

I love the random appearances, especially the most recent one.
Old 2008-02-02, 21:26   Link #78
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzon View Post
i love her random appearances because she tries her best to help everyone but it usually fails and she just walks off screen as if nothing happened. Plus her entrance is absolutely KAWAII~
Agreed. :3

Random is random. There is no such thing as too random, as random has no limits. Therefore it earns the name random, in such it is usually basically pointless and off topic. :3 In a forum labled 'random' you would basically have everything from A-Z and more, because there is no limit to the discussion as basically anything is allowed to be discussed.
Old 2008-02-03, 03:53   Link #79
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Unfortunately I'll have to disagree with almost everyone. Even the hit counter was more funny than Fuko's random appearances. I just don't think it's funny because every time Fuko appears and no one remembers her, no matter how funny her randomness is, I just feel sad inside. Until now I still think that Fuko's arc is the best so far, and seeing her as comic relief isn't going to impress me. Although her second random appearance made me smile in an indecisive way, her first appearance, I think, was just bad.

Of course this is all opinion. You can love Fuko all you please.
Old 2008-02-03, 06:05   Link #80
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

To me Fuko's random appearance tells me that she's just trying to repay everyone who tried to help her. She appears when people are in need, just that she can't get things done, its the thought that counts. She wants to help so much that she generates astral projections again.

Its not totally meaningless for her to randomly appear.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread