AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-29, 12:06   Link #19041
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
The only fist to fear is that of the Naru Punch.
Except crash, he seems to have near keitarou level of immortality
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-29, 12:09   Link #19042
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
You should see him in combat. He claims to hate fighting and isn't a fighter... but fifteen years playing dodge the dissaster on a daily basis has left him with reflexes and quick thinking that will impress even the Aces. (Not that he's got any chance of winning.)

I better get my shower done and get to work.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:09   Link #19043
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Sweeet. Thumbs up! Hearty approval!

As for Hayate... it's a spoiler for JT3, but Franz actually "kills" her by pulling out a Magnum pistol and shooting her three times in the chest. Fortunately, the pistol was loaded with Tranquilizer Training Rounds, which just knock you out and stain your clothes red.

...he nearly became a stain on Laevatine for that.
Oh man...I can just see what the Wolkenritter's reaction would be

Quote:
The Kamima Punch does the same thing, but in a more awesome manner.
Which is then passed on to be the Simon Punch. The Bright Slap is still my favorite though .

Quote:
But yes, Hayate is definately very young for an LTC's slot.
Aren't they all rather young for their current positions?

Quote:
Oops, I meant novel.

Though I guess the novel's not really accepted as canon, is it?
I keep hearing about this 'novel' but have yet to see anything of it. Is it translated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yeah I mean trying to please so many girls is taxing on stamina.

*runs*

Quote:
Here's what I have, leaving off from the brief history. It covers the introduction of Marilyn (Based on a lady I do know in real life, crossed with the skunk from Over the Hedge), and repeats what I previously posted about our lead Mechanic...

Spoiler for More fun.:
Nice story there . Don't think I want to get Don pissed off

Quote:
In the meantime...

Spoiler for Gratuitous Firepower:

I might actually write this. Afterall, before Master Chief, none can stand.
This would definitely be rather...interesting if you continued it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, it does nothing more than scramble communications... still, quite impressive Second Impact like display by Drei

Wonder if Eva-01 Yui can do that
Tang anyone?

Quote:

Poor guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Come to think of it, I just read a fanfic where Hayate visits Hogwarts. The author said it was outright crack at the start though.
Really? I don't think I've seen that one...

Quote:
Considering the number of crackEVAheads here, someone's bound to bring a event like Second Impact here sooner or later.
I don't know what you are talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
It's NOT a Fuko slap!

The Slap of DOOM refers to the infamous Anna Kyouyama of Shaman King, and her freakishly strong hands...

Go wiki it, if you don't get it...
What about the Hana Punch from Den-O?
Old 2008-01-29, 13:08   Link #19044
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Since people seem interested in the anger of Don, I skipped way ahead and wrote the scene for him that I had been thinking of since I materialized his concept.

Spoiler for WARNING: Profanity to the EXTREME:
Old 2008-01-29, 13:38   Link #19045
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Since people seem interested in the anger of Don, I skipped way ahead and wrote the scene for him that I had been thinking of since I materialized his concept.

I like Don already.
He reminds me of the unit officer of our company back in the army... that man could yell at someone for an hour or two in a row. It was the most feared penalty in the entire company, as he was not only scary as hell with extremely large vocabulary, but his voice was powerful enough to be heard in the neighbouring company, even futher if the door to his office wasn't closed...

...but still, i don't believe anything on this world could make signum turn any shade of purple, atleast not a man with a large vocabulary and the mood to use it
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-29, 14:01   Link #19046
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Ah, Marilyn I imagine sounds like Wanda Sykes. AKA Stella:
Spoiler for Data vids:

Back to work...

EDIT:

Quote:
...but still, i don't believe anything on this world could make signum turn any shade of purple, atleast not a man with a large vocabulary and the mood to use it
How about a man with a large vocabulary, huge voice, mood to use it, a large wrench, AND knowledge of every swear word in seventeen different languages? He could swear for a minute non-stop alone without repeating a single word.

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-01-29 at 14:27.
Old 2008-01-29, 19:22   Link #19047
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
The crack gas is strong

Name: Ryotaro Nogami
TSAB Rank: 2nd Lieutenant
Birthday: August 06 MC 054
Place of Birth: Administered Planet 67
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 70 kg
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Mage Rank: B+
Magic Type: Mid-Childa
Magic Color: Grey
Magic Specialization: Physical
Combat Specialization: Close- and Mid-range Combat

Device Name: Den-O
Device Type: Prototype Multi-Intelligent Device
Device Primary Structure: Belt and Pass
Device Storage Form: Black card with a silver circle and side-ways lambda symbol
Device Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Personality

Spoiler for For Length:

Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Barrier Jacket

Spoiler for For Length:

Background

Spoiler for For Length:

Last edited by Evangelion Xgouki; 2008-05-06 at 02:05.
Old 2008-01-29, 20:42   Link #19048
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Acutally reading it [Joint Training]] over I consider the entire thing a show boating stunt that proves almost nothing and is predicated on a number of implausible advantages and set up mainly to make the CC look stupid when really none of this is even their responsibility.

First off the cyber attack, highly unlikely to be so effective as they’ve always proven lack luster in practice it also assumes that everything is networked as well, not really needed in many cases and that remote wireless accesses is even possible. Military nets are entirely different affairs from civilian ones even gaining accesses to TRY and hack them is very hard as they are entirely separate from the normal net which tends to reduce you to either getting spies inside or seizing a node by force (and doing your work before that’s reported and it’s cut off). Even if you somehow gain access it assumes that no back up off the net are present or that someone couldn’t even simply pick up a civilian phone if it came to the worst.

Of coruse the OFM gets around this by being a legitimate TSAB group with legitimate accesses to its military nets. This an unrealistic advantage that no reasonable opponent is likely to have and if it was used to launch the attack (likely the only way it could be that effective IMO) it basiclly means they out and out cheated, and yes you CAN cheat in an exercise. Mostly by doing or using stuff that an opfor couldn’t reasonably do or know or have accesses too. Like say a legitimate connection to a military bases networks…
But something that bugged me was that aren't military networks supposed to be, well, networked? What with the whole move towards network centric warfare? (just curious) Furthermore, I dunno, it just seemed logical that if any Limiter Release orders went out they'd be logged with GFHQ. *shrug*

To be honest, I was sorta working off Episode 16... in retrospect you're quite right: I was working from a flawed paradigm as regards to cyber warfare. *sighs* I guess this falls under did not do the reasearch. -_- And yes, the OFM were out and out cheating; from what I've read of Red Cell excercises they pretty much went and cheated their way through the excercises.

(Although on their final excercise at Point Mugu, one of the SWAT opfor was actually standing on a Red Cell operator's hand as said SEAL was lying low in the grass. If he'd just happened to look down...)

Quote:
It also seems to just assume the base has any reason it OUGHT to be heavily guarded; this is dubious IMO. Military bases IRL are not strongly defended from direct attack. I’ve seen a police video of a guy that simply drives an SUV through the front gate of one and onto the base for instance. They tend to have a fence, a few guards, and that’s about it. Now bases in an active warzone are more heavily fortified, but this isn’t an active warzone so that’s moot. It’s a waste of resources to turn things that are in large part glorified apartment blocks into some sort of fortress on the off chance some gang of heavily armed commandos is going to storm it.
Actually, from what I remember of the attack on RF6 their backup security team was pretty small, all in all - probably not more than 5 on the low side, 8 on the high (assuming that all of them were with Vice and the noncombatants). I guess I was a bit too influenced by SGC. Which is
an active warzone. My bad. -_-

Quote:
Next up the insertion is largely bullshit IMO if nothing else RF:6 is shown to have accesses to both good on and off board sensor systems. The aircraft would IMO have been detected long before it neared the base and long before it could deploy either paratroops or aerial mages so the troops WOULD be trying to drop into a hail storm of defensive fire of waiting base personnel. This is the biggest gripe I have I find the entire insertion section to be utter bull that works only because you declare it dose not by the actual merits of the plan or logic.

Paratroops with gliding hear would have a max range of MAYBE 20 miles or so for insertion with a rather lengthy glide time, aerial mages can’t reliably outrun helicopters in many cases putting them at two or three hundred miles per hour at best. Assuming even a poultry 50 mile detection range you could easily be looking at nearly 20 minutes before anyone was near the building that’s plenty of time for people that really just need to mutter a phrase to be fully battle ready to prepare to meet the attackers.

Basiclly IMO the core tenant of this entire operation would have failed: miserably. The aircraft would have been seen at long range due to its high altitude, which would be required to deploy paratroopers. The base would be on high alert and ready for the attack by the time anyone arrived. Most of the ground team probably dies in air via Hayate and then the half dozen S rank’ish mages present go after the Air mages.

IMO the real result is probably a disaster for the OFM at best they limp away with pretty much the entire ground team dead or captured and the Air mages forced to abort their assault and try to outrun a pack of extremely deadly and able fliers screaming after them in hot pursuit.
Actually, the deployment pattern of the aircraft is as follows: they launched from orbit, came along, and then dropped into RF6's sensor range before deploying the drop team. But yes, now that you've pointed it out... -_-

*sighs* Crap, another case of did not do the reasearch. This is getting rather embarrasing Maybe I should have used nape of the earth flying....

Quote:
The entire “has had some guy lurking around the place for two weeks undetected” thing just had me rolling my eyes too. No set up, no hints, just “oh yeah wez been spying on joo for two weeks lulz!” It’s just another improbable and ridiculous element atop a whole mountain of them that seems designed solely to make the CC look stupid.
Actually, I was planning to use Keroko and Tesla to deconstruct the last two chapters. They weren't present in the debrief because they were outside somewhere. And Franz is lying through his teeth. They did have an observer, but it wasn't anywhere near the ground. Veri was only there for less than a day, doing a quick in and out.

Quote:
Frankly the entire story to me reads as an only barely disguised masturbatory fantasy about how your awesomely 733t commandos pwnzored those silly magic girls. To bad that “pwning” is IMO largely based on a string of improbable breaks, unrealistic fantasy, and forcing the entire CC cast to seemingly carry the idiot ball. This is by far my least favorite piece you’ve written for all the above reasons as it reads like little more then piece of wish fulfillment bordering on sue’ism. I like your characters, but I don’t like them seemingly being used as a mouthpiece to expose your particular take on combat by making the canon cast look stupid and whiney.
To be honest, from a "what point does this really serve" POV, I have to agree with you. Sadly. Unhappily. *sigh* Truth sets you free but makes you miserable first. *sighs* To be honest, I didn't really expect this to be taken seriously; it was just a piece of random crack requiring suspension of disbelief... basically, I was really trying to go for lulz instead of serious writing.

...I think I will stick to serious writing now. -_-

Quote:
The debrief in particular just made me alternately cringe and roll my eyes as the canon cast is reduced to spouting not logical arguments against this stunt (of which one could come up with plenty as I just did), but shit that sounds like a come back from a five year old. Hayate’s nonsense with the blaster mode in particular is so outrageously childish I suddenly had the image of her as a five year old in a sand box:

Franz: “Lolz youz are dead!”
Hayate: “Naught uh Nanoha was behind you the whole time and she zapped you!”
...I blame stormturmoil for this, he was the one who gave me the idea. -_- But yes, on reflection, it is silly. And stupid.

Quote:
You’ve basiclly admitted the entire thing was an excuse to try and look cool and IMO in pursuit of that you’ve murdered logic and ignored reality to do so, as well as making the CC look like whiney morons classic signs of bad fan fiction. Seriously what did this nonsense prove? That a pack of highly skilled and quipped (more so then any reasonable terror group could be most likely), with accesses to inside information, free unfettered transit to the target area, and who are expected to be arriving around that time, but in a normal way, can maybe catch some characters by surprise? Wow, awesome, you showed them! Really all it dose IMO is make the OFM look like petty docuhebags with a penchant for flashy hot dogging, and this little bit here just makes them look like even BIGGER pricks.
Kagerou has told me that he's not counting Joint Training to closely into OFM canon simply for the above reasons you've mention. And I pretty much was gonna use Chapter 3 to show the issues arising from the hot dogging and the friction increasing between RF6 and the OFM. Erick is also told, not so politely, by his people, that next time he wants to do a HALO, to do it at night.

So, Pt.3 is repercussions from the hot dogging, Lurch's first appearance, and pretty much a massive deconstruction of the whole thing.

...i guess I'll forget about the fanservice I was going to write in Pt.3.

Thanks for the comments, TK! Sometimes, I guess we all need a kick in the ass to get back on the right track. *salutes*

...I hereby proclaim TK's Super Robot Mecha to be the HaxBuster! <.<

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-01-30 at 07:38.
Old 2008-01-29, 20:43   Link #19049
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
The crack gas is strong

Spoiler for space:
HENSHIN!!!!!!

The moment I saw the name Den-O, I knew there's something EXTREMELY special about this guy, and my guess was proven to be correct after all.

Now I want him to meet Akira for the win.
Old 2008-01-29, 21:47   Link #19050
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

Spoiler for long:
A lot of nodding to the MW examples as I read. Pretty much spot on to Hayate's case in relating her to a missile mech as well.

Adding in my two cents, evasion and movement will be points worthy of improvement. Hayate most likely doesn't have the speed or skills in flying like Nanoha or Fate so that leaves her vulnerable to lighter and faster threats. Example in point, that places her as a assault-class missile mech, lots of firepower and armor but vulnerable to lighter and faster opponents. They might not be able to take her down fast but they will be able to harass and wear her down, running circles around while she has difficulty in even getting a decent shot in. Or buy enough time for a supporting teammate to finish the job as well. Having a idea in how to move and break out of pursuit will be more benaficial than standing your ground while slugging it out in a in-efficient manner.

Well in short I do support the idea of rather than jamplugging weak points for a overall better performance, spending time and resources to reinforce and support the strong points will be and is a better choice.

Quote:
The crack gas is strong
Spoiler for space:

Well done character profile porting a Rider here despite the crack. I'll say a faster and simpler henshin BJ set-up sequence as a suggestion since I'm pretty sure no one wants to be caught half-ready in a sudden firefight.

Quote:
...I hereby proclaim TK's Super Robot Mecha to be the HaxBuster! <.<
Going by mechwarriors, I'll say Loki by name alone. In which case its true and designated Clan name is Hell-Bringer.

---

In other news, seems like the author public group is up for those interested in joining.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-29, 23:10   Link #19051
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
We need candidates, and I'm out of ideas
Same here.

Quote:
Well, it does nothing more than scramble communications... still, quite impressive Second Impact like display by Drei

Wonder if Eva-01 Yui can do that
Ya know, I included Tais in Ginga's attache when she was assigned by Nakajima to Riot 6. I've reworked Tais just a little so that he'd be a little less unlucky, as in the real world My Name is Tais would literally be the death of him , and be a little more GAR.

Hopefully that'll make the Ginga/Tais ship a lot more feasible.

As for Yui, she resembles a female version of EVA01/Razengan Overlord, but due to a bug in the Wizard pack software, Yui has the ability to use her flexi-screws normally meant for mounting Wizard packs to cannibalize enemy technology on the fly, like stealing Orga's sensor-suite helmet for better head protection and targeting, or snatching the Type-3's flight system to go airborne...

Yeah so given the right ingredients, Yui might be able to bring the 3rd Impact.

Quote:

Quote:
It may not be fun, but it's still AWESOME

And you forget, MC makes everything ROXXORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

So much for the Voldy-tan hype.
I think I prefer the idea of Scagletti-tan than Voldy-tan.

But Voldy-tan-trap is

Quote:
Major?
Anything more is gonna be a dead giveaway.

Quote:
Do consult me if that time comes, alright?
Ok, what I can say for now (havenm't really sorted it out yet), is that Aurion and the tech crew will be fighting out from the Southfort's machine shop, then meeting the Intel group before heading for the parked Warthogs.

PS: Yes you MC nutcases made me drop my cute Jipnees for the awesome but less armored Warthogs. I hope you guys don't mind me adding some plates and 5" glass windows as NOT EVERYONE WEARS MJOLNIR!

Quote:
It's the situation. Besides, harem leads need the girls to be romantically attracted with the guy. And does that apply for Aurion? Hell no!
Well inneudoes count.

Quote:

How could I forget, WOLZARD FIRE!!!

But attitude and ability-wise, I'd rather Aurion be like BIG ONE!

XD

*RUNS*

Quote:
He's comical, sarcastic, laid-back, VERY competent, interacts well with women, knows how to taunt well... The only noticeable attitude difference is that Aurion is a master spellcaster with vast knowledge in different types of spells. As it is, Nagi fits the bill almost perfectly!

And of course, he's nowhere near as HAXX as Nagi. ^^;

Quote:

"The falling red light signifies the end of a warrior."

Or was that the anime?
That was in the anime, twice. In the movie there was something else IIRC.

Quote:
The Fist to Ph33r indeed, given the large number of male uke here. But to awaken manly spirit? Falcon Paanch works for me.

Quote:
The crack gas is strong

Device Storage Form: Black card with a silver circle and side-ways lambda symbol
Device Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Personality

Spoiler for For Length:

Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Barrier Jacket

Spoiler for For Length:

Background

Spoiler for For Length:
HOLY CRACK!!!

I like this guy!!! XD Now we're gonna really assemble our army of metal heroes... Not that I mind.

Quote:
In other news, seems like the author public group is up for those interested in joining.
More details please.
Old 2008-01-29, 23:22   Link #19052
Tormenk

Quote:

More details please.
Not much. A thread was put up to push for the group some time ago and seems it has been implemented. Just saw a mod with the group title today. It's free to join for all like the other groups like Artists and Graphic Designers.

For those remotely interested about any details, here's the thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59991

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-29, 23:27   Link #19053
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
It may not be fun, but it's still AWESOME

And you forget, MC makes everything ROXXORS
Lol, it's still crack. Gotta rewrite Joint Training and Retcon into it TK's (now-deleted) Haxbusting.

Quote:

Though I'll be damned if this doesn't go unpunished legally. No matter what, you don't attack fellow military personnel just because you're annoyed. Mental conditioning or whatnot!
I will adress this in JT Pt.3. But the point he was trying to make is that a fatal attack can come from anywhere. And he will still escape Signum's wrath. Just not Tesla and Keroko. Especially Tesla. Franz is weak to tsunderes, remember. Tsundere pwn Hot blood.
Quote:

BTW, I hope Aurion's portrayal in the incoming Aurion vs. Hayate mock battle as well as the following ones in the main story are up to OFM standards of efficiency (without the guns, of course). Having someone as powerful as Erick as a one-sided rival gunning for his head every few moments that they are in the same location has to amount to something, right?
Lol, aren't Erick and Aurion equal? IIRC, Aurion pwnt him first - of course, Erick hadn't leveled up his magical badass or finished taking his levels in badass then... and yes, it does count for something.

As to standards of efficiency... -_- Haxbusting is showing that chapters 1 &2 of Joint Training are fail and showboating and designed to make them look like bigger pricks to RF6.

Of course, one of the subthemes of JT was OFM/RF6 friction anyway...
Quote:
Ok, what I can say for now (havenm't really sorted it out yet), is that Aurion and the tech crew will be fighting out from the Southfort's machine shop, then meeting the Intel group before heading for the parked Warthogs.

PS: Yes you MC nutcases made me drop my cute Jipnees for the awesome but less armored Warthogs. I hope you guys don't mind me adding some plates and 5" glass windows as NOT EVERYONE WEARS MJOLNIR!
Only MC wears Mjolnir. ODSTs, Marines, they all use Warthogs. The purpose of a Warthog is a Light Reconnaisance Vehicle, thus it lacks 5" windows and armor plates. The idea is to go fast, check out the situation, and then hurry back, with the gatling as a just in case weapon. So really, if you're gonna put armor on a Warthog... you might as well go back to the cute jipnee.

Besides, real men are so gar, they can drive Warthogs and dance around the gunfire (lol, jk)

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-01-29 at 23:41.
Old 2008-01-30, 00:16   Link #19054
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post

...Ms. EXECUTION ranks higher than Fuuka?

What are you, a masochist?
Excuse me? Miss execution?!
Mitsuru?

Well, yeah. Fuuka just didn't click with me somehow...

Quote:
...you know, it'd just be EASIER if you said:

"Aurion is based off of the Thousand Master."

Seriously.
Seriously?!

EXCUSE ME, Mr. Napoleon-Bonerhead.

With your oh-so-superior-to-all memory, you should realize that I made Aurion MONTHS before I even heard of Negima! How can I base him of someone I don't even know? similarities notwithstanding, Aurion's attitude framework is entirely my own idea.

That's it. Congratulations, Reiji, for once again unintentionally insulting me and my OC's. As a creator, I find your statement very derogatory. I'll say it this once, Aurion's, or any of my OCs' character attitudes are the element that I take pride in the most. If you say something like, "You just based him of this-and-that.", I'll take it very personally. I DO NOT WANT my more unique characters to be based on somebody by attitude because of copypasta. I may do copypasta for every other elements, but my characters' individual personalities are strictly my own(except when I do reference port-over characters like Brevis, Cressida, Vinson or Liana). When you see similarities with characters from other series, it's strictly coincidence since I NEVER thought of any character other than my own individual OC's when I made them. Hope my point got accross.

And BTW, sorry for the lengthy spiel. I'm sure you meant no harm. But I won't keep silent if I get affronted either. Intentional or not.

Quote:
The crack gas is strong

Device Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Personality

Spoiler for For Length:

Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Barrier Jacket

Spoiler for For Length:

Background

Spoiler for For Length:

What an interesting port-over!

I can't wait to see him in action here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
Spoiler for LENGTH!!!:

You have my deepest thanks for this lengthy piece of advice!: I'll concede on almost every point here. With this, I've decided to change some events in the main story. And believe me, they got better!

Though I might be a bit jaded on a few points that might raise your eyebrow, since I'm introducing some off-chance situation training here... But since you mentioned it, I might just scrap the setting of that scenario and opt for a more fitting setting for that particular excerise in device system testing... And it's not like there're several closed-space fights in the entire story, really. But still, I think I might just put in some flair to it... hopefully.

Thank you, Tk. The next scenario's conceptualization got several times clearer and easier to execute for me because of you verbal tirade!

I'll get to work on it after my exam tomorrow. I've finally managed to crawl out that little idea-jam! Thanks again!

Quote:
A lot of nodding to the MW examples as I read. Pretty much spot on to Hayate's case in relating her to a missile mech as well.

Adding in my two cents, evasion and movement will be points worthy of improvement. Hayate most likely doesn't have the speed or skills in flying like Nanoha or Fate so that leaves her vulnerable to lighter and faster threats. Example in point, that places her as a assault-class missile mech, lots of firepower and armor but vulnerable to lighter and faster opponents. They might not be able to take her down fast but they will be able to harass and wear her down, running circles around while she has difficulty in even getting a decent shot in. Or buy enough time for a supporting teammate to finish the job as well. Having a idea in how to move and break out of pursuit will be more benaficial than standing your ground while slugging it out in a in-efficient manner.

Well in short I do support the idea of rather than jamplugging weak points for a overall better performance, spending time and resources to reinforce and support the strong points will be and is a better choice.
Noted as well. But my main gripe with that is what's there to improve on her power, which, as implied in canon, is her ONLY top stat? As it is, I'm not going jamplug her weaknesses; she's still not good in (and will never be good in) melee or in any sort of combat not in long-range. But, I'll really focus on her other stats that CAN support her exorbitant amount of power. As you suggested, maneuverability is one of those. And in my fic, spellcasting-speed and multitasking are tackled as well thru some hopefully-believable upgrades. So the biggest problem for me right now is maneuverability since you obviously don't become the best in flying just because you trained for one year. What I'm thinking right now is that she got a bit better.

Quote:
I think I prefer the idea of Scagletti-tan than Voldy-tan.

But Voldy-tan-trap is

The Voldy-tan name was just a sarcastic name for him. I wasn't thinking about the -tan conversions...

But now that you did mention it...

OUCH, MAH BRAAAAIIIIINNNN!!!!!

Quote:
Noted.

Quote:
Well inneudoes count.
O RLY?

Quote:

Quote:
Now that BoukenRed and BoukenAurion are assembled, we just need 4-5 more boukensha!
Oi... -_-

Quote:
Not much. A thread was put up to push for the group some time ago and seems it has been implemented. Just saw a mod with the group title today. It's free to join for all like the other groups like Artists and Graphic Designers.

For those remotely interested about any details, here's the thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59991
Will look now.

Quote:
I will adress this in JT Pt.3. But the point he was trying to make is that a fatal attack can come from anywhere. And he will still escape Signum's wrath. Just not Tesla and Keroko. Especially Tesla. Franz is weak to tsunderes, remember. Tsundere pwn Hot blood.
I see... BTW, Tesla is not tsundere, right?

Quote:
Lol, aren't Erick and Aurion equal? IIRC, Aurion pwnt him first - of course, Erick hadn't leveled up his magical badass or finished taking his levels in badass then... and yes, it does count for something.
LOL. I dunno. Erick is the one in the field for most of the time. If you'd ask me, Erick is a professional (and badass) field-soldier while Aurion is just insanely adaptable and crafty mage. But since he was quite a mercilessly efficient soldier whose job description is almost exactly like the OFM's without guns in his youth... And he didn't exactly let his skills rust... I think he'd still qualify.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-01-30 at 03:10.
Old 2008-01-30, 00:28   Link #19055
Jimmy C

Quote:
But the point he was trying to make is that a fatal attack can come from anywhere.
Including being killed while demonstrating said point on someone who thought he was really out to kill her.

Spoiler for why you don't jumped trained and armed soldiers:
Old 2008-01-30, 00:41   Link #19056
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Well, no new posts and no backlog-busting from me, but I do like to spoil you people with new evil teaser of Tears of Northern Wind:

Spoiler:

So, yeah, in the latest chapter, Halcyon's defence program goes berserk and overtakes her, the Aces (actually, only Nanoha and Armstrong have the capability of fighting Halcyon) are in deep trouble before Hikki jumps in to save the day. He rescues Halcyon from the defence program monster's domination and renamed her.

I can't guarantee when I will post the full chapter, but I'll make sure it happen.

And, yeah. The hint of Hikki/Nanoha is there.
Old 2008-01-30, 00:46   Link #19057
Satty
Slash!

Backlog busting quickly, I better get my current chapter of SearcherS done quickly; I've lagged on it for too long.

Quote:
Spoiler for OC character Data:

That should keep it all compact.
Nice character, the Battery system should be interesting to see in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler for Warning: incoming rant.:

tl;dr: References should be references. Crossovers should be crossovers. Neither are bad, but the two are not the same thing.
I see, agree, and I think that should be something that everyone should follow.

Quote:
But he's still the Master Chief. And he will kick ass most righteously.

Spoiler for John-117, Non Comissioned Officer of the Order:

The rest of the Armor, skills, etc will be posted later. Comments welcome.
Badass. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Okay, now my turn. I've been developing this thing for a while now and wanted to run it by you guys before I put it to paper.

Spoiler for New Barrier Jacket Armor System:
Nice concept, and lol at the story at the end.

Quote:

Spoiler for Reaction:

Those three, huh?

Quote:
Spoiler for MY Reaction:
Oi....

Quote:

Spoiler for I take back what I said...:
Oi, oi....

Quote:

Sounds actually good.

*runs*

Quote:
Okay, it's finally done! Who. Now I can sleep.

Spoiler for Master Chief John-117, Skills & Abilities:
Nice.

Quote:
The crack gas is strong

Device Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Personality

Spoiler for For Length:

Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Barrier Jacket

Spoiler for For Length:

Background

Spoiler for For Length:
OH SNAP! Den-O! You, sir, are awesome!
It's still good, it's still good.
Old 2008-01-30, 00:51   Link #19058
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
PHANTOM PHOENIX BACKLOG BREAKER!

Quote:
The Bright Slap: Turning whiny, arrogant wimps into manly men since UC 0079
Ah, yes, Bright-slapped; I'm thinking of using one to help get Nanoha out of her funk in the first half of Alpha.

Quote:

Reason?
<fidgets with teh HAND OF DOOM behind him>
Glen: "My apprentice. I knew him well..."

Quote:
Hayate: "Oh, there's no need to worry on close combat, I'll just fire away from long range."
Franz: "If someone shoots you?"
Hayate: "I'll just use a barrier."
Franz: "Ah. kk." *whips out Halo 2 Magnum pistol* BLAM BLAM BLAM! "Magnum pwns you."
Hayate: *KOed*
Signum: "HOW DARE YOU KILL OUR MISTRESS?!?! I'LL MAKE YOU A STAIN ON LAEVATINE'S BLADE!"
Franz: "It's Non-lethal! She's just KOed!"
Signum: "As you stained our Mistress' clothing, so also shall your blood stain your clothing!"
Franz: "It's water solouble! What is your problem?!"
Signum: "...I just want to hit someone with Laevatine."
Franz: "OI! HELP! Chief!"
Glen: "He went to get his armor and help the Sergeant Major. You're on your own."
Franz: The pwn puppy, in all his incarnations, since 2004... or sooner. Whatever. Franz has been reborn about six times now, along with all our other OCs >.>

Quote:
Spoiler for Angry Mechanic!:
Ah, angry mechanics. They never get old.

Quote:
And as for titles, Aurion is mostly called "that bastard" by the many people that dislike him. XD
I have a feeling that's what Aurion calls Erick.

Quote:
Reminds me of how Crash's luck can be at times.
Spoiler for Feh::
Lol that video; I like it.

Quote:
Indeed.

Quote:
snkkt. That's pretty hilarious XD

Quote:
*EPIC OC-CRACK*
YES. NEED MOAR KAMEN RIDER!!!!!

Quote:
Yeah so given the right ingredients, Yui might be able to bring the 3rd Impact.

Speaking of Third Impact, my original ending for Alpha would involve a version of Third Impact (using Vivio as the Rei in this case), but I decided that the crack would outweigh the actual story so I dropped it.

Quote:
hahahaha Goose explained this one.
Now, if you want Armor... as it so happens, I know what kind of armored mobile platform you need.

Spoiler for Ladies Like Armored Plating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Spoiler for why you don't jumped trained and armed soldiers:
Is it bad that I lol'd?

In other news, Alpha, like the shorts before it, will have a soundtrack as well, using songs from Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Halo 3. Furthermore, it will feature songs by Japanese artists AN Cafe, Nobodyknows+, Nana Mizuki, UVERworld, JAM Project, Utada Hikaru, and English songs by Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, Nightwish, Godsmack, and Fort Minor.

And I'm changing the length. 26 Chapters as opposed to 52. A much lighter and focused read.
Old 2008-01-30, 01:29   Link #19059
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Okay, I'm skipping around a bunch, but I wrote the very end of the battle I wanted to do. Essentially Crash was egged into a timed, team mock SURVIVAL battle with Nanoha and Fate. If his side could last the designated combat time with Nanoha and Fate, he'd win.

Crash's partner is the test vehicle E.D.I. 'Tinman.' (A, not yet introduced, STEALTH homage. Will be explained in detail when I get the intro scene written.) By the point I post below, EDI is already out of the fight. This fight sequence will be 'the VERY BEST' Crash can manage against the Aces. The end of the scene leads directly into the Angry Mechanic scene.

Spoiler for Battle climax:
Old 2008-01-30, 02:50   Link #19060
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh... Isn't there anything crazy or fun to do around here anymore?
Closed Thread