AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-01-06, 16:23   Link #7541
Trans-Fat

Well i was finally able to find a scanlated ch302 and I think it is continuing.

Question: where in the timeframe is this story at right now? Ayumu's birthday passed not too long ago, so I am guessing that the timeframe isn't too far off from her birthday. Also, has the timeline in the story exceed 1 year already?
Trans-Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:37   Link #7542
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans-Fat View Post
Question: where in the timeframe is this story at right now? Ayumu's birthday passed not too long ago, so I am guessing that the timeframe isn't too far off from her birthday. Also, has the timeline in the story exceed 1 year already?
I don't believe it's even June yet. Golden week runs through part of the first week of May, and after that it showed a June 12th scene which we haven't arrived at yet. We had Ayumu's Birthday of May 15th, and it hasn't been long since then.

The story started December 24th, so we haven't even gone 6 months yet most likely.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:50   Link #7543
madmac

Quote:
I don't believe it's even June yet. Golden week runs through part of the first week of May, and after that it showed a June 12th scene which we haven't arrived at yet. We had Ayumu's Birthday of May 15th, and it hasn't been long since then.

The story started December 24th, so we haven't even gone 6 months yet most likely.
The Convention was on Sunday May 22nd. Chapter 300 started the following day, May 23rd, but it's night now, so it'll probably be May 24th by next chapter.

Still about three weeks to go until we get to that June 12th scene, so it'll probably take most of this year to get there, knowing Hata...
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 19:05   Link #7544
Trans-Fat

Ahh I always thought that Izumi had her birthday done already but I guess THAT wasn't her birthday at all.

Anyone else get the feeling that this manga will end when the storyline reaches the one year mark; as in on Christmas eve? If so then, at the current pace Hata is going on right now), this manga aren't even half way done.
Old 2011-01-06, 20:20   Link #7545
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
You know... I think you're right. He doesn't do things for himself, at least since Athena's influence. His wish is a simple one, 3L(D?)K, seems to be the only thing he actually wanted for himself.
Even saving Izumi when they were kids he didn't really do on his own volition, it wasn't until he remembered Athena's teaching that he turned around and fought off Lucky for her, and when he's protecting Nagi, it's because he's acting as her butler, not for his actual personal wish.
When he was working, during the ten years after the separation from Athena and the beginning of the story, he was either working for his parents, and thus under their orders, or they had probably ordered him to get a job (or he had realized that they wouldn't support him, and thus needed to make his own money).

What Hinagiku told him, about never being happy if he's not a little bit selfish, will probably be big when he realizes what she intended.
Definitely agree with Mentar's observation too, which really explains well his relationship issues with possible love interests, so it would make sense for Hayate to only pair up after he resolves the issue of his sense of self (something I expect to only occur near the end of the series).
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 11:56   Link #7546
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Anyone else get the feeling that this manga will end when the storyline reaches the one year mark; as in on Christmas eve? If so then, at the current pace Hata is going on right now), this manga aren't even half way done.
I think most of the fandom would agree with you there.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 12:28   Link #7547
aldw

I do find it strange that little Athena mentions something about restoring Athena Tennosu's memories, wonder if that means little Athena could be a doppelganger?
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 12:41   Link #7548
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I do find it strange that little Athena mentions something about restoring Athena Tennosu's memories, wonder if that means little Athena could be a doppelganger?
Alice not having most of Athena's memories actually makes a strange kind of sense. When she was de-aged, she lost (most of) her memories, and needs the power to restore them.
It gives some reasoning to Aika being part of her plot as well, being a secret keeper so that Alice would know that she needed to restore her power, in case that memory was lost, otherwise, the Alice personality could have lived a normal life, not realizing that she was actually someone else acting without all of her memories.

There are clues of another character of HnG having followed the same path, but didn't have a secret keeper, and thus doesn't realize that there are memories just waiting to be unlocked.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:18   Link #7549
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
There are clues of another character of HnG having followed the same path, but didn't have a secret keeper, and thus doesn't realize that there are memories just waiting to be unlocked.
Care to clue us in on who that is, then?

Old 2011-01-08, 15:26   Link #7550
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
He's most likely referring to Maria.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:27   Link #7551
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Since I talk to you on other forums, you already know.
As for those who I only communicate to on this forum, there's only vague clues, and nothing substantial, so I'd rather not say outright.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2011-01-08, 19:24   Link #7552
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Since I talk to you on other forums, you already know.
As for those who I only communicate to on this forum, there's only vague clues, and nothing substantial, so I'd rather not say outright.
Call me again when you feel like being less cryptic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
He's most likely referring to Maria.
.... No, wait, now I remember. That makes sense.

Old 2011-01-08, 19:44   Link #7553
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
.... No, wait, now I remember. That makes sense.

You know things are getting bad when someone I don't talk to regularly can decrypt my phrasings easier than someone who's had quite a while to learn how to.

Old 2011-01-11, 12:03   Link #7554
mitsuganae

This quatrain should be carved on Hinagiku's tombstone:

Einförmig ist der Liebe Gram,
ein Lied eintöniger Weise,
und immer noch, wo ich's vernahm,
mitsummen musst' ich's leise.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:07   Link #7555
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
This quatrain should be carved on Hinagiku's tombstone:

Einförmig ist der Liebe Gram,
ein Lied eintöniger Weise,
und immer noch, wo ich's vernahm,
mitsummen musst' ich's leise.
Care to translate that, then?

Old 2011-01-11, 19:15   Link #7556
Trans-Fat

Quote:
Care to translate that, then?
Uniform is the love of grief,
a song monotonous way;
and still's where I heard
hum I have it softly.

Google translate ftw!
Old 2011-01-12, 14:58   Link #7557
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

chapter303

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-12, 17:07   Link #7558
Used Can

I think A-tan, Hina and Chiharu are the only people who get a proper amount of sleep in that house.
Old 2011-01-12, 17:18   Link #7559
zibi88

well A-tan beign a-tan ^^ she allways had problems on wakeing up ^^ and since she is so small so its normal for her to sleep longer ^^ still sad that she did not appear near hayate at evening ^^

anywya hayate and maria get only 2hours of sleep each day I guess.... damn they are robots seriously...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 17:37   Link #7560
Mef

Quote:
Uniform is the love of grief,
a song monotonous way;
and still's where I heard
hum I have it softly.

Google translate ftw!
For once the google translation is not extremely off.
My attempt at a poetic translation:

Unchanging is love's sorrow,
a monotonous song,
and still, where I descried it
I softly hummed along.
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen